Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,974 members, 7,966,607 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9210334 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (14408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32am On Dec 11, 2013
SailorXY: All these constant change of personnel & tactics is not helping this team @ the moment. If I were in Moyes' shoes, I'll pick a team & stick to it at especially during this Christmas period where the games will come thick & fast.
First I'll select a settled back five to build proper understanding & co-ordination!
-------------- De Gea -------------
Rafael -- Smalling -- Jones -- Evans
***will be my settled back. Vidic is still a top defender but my choice of leaving him out is because I want defenders who can play their way out of the back as well as having the pace that permits for holding a high line in case of slip ups. I will also want a back line that will play secondarily as defensive midfielders which compensates for the terrible pivot that will play just ahead of them grin
I'll also drop Evra because he is becoming an easy target for opposition teams, although his attacking impetus will be missed but there has to be a sacrifice right? take the goal conceded against Newcastle for example. The goal kick was intentionally sent towards his wing, once that mistake happened #bingo... The screening midfielder was unsurprisingly asleep.
***The pivot can be any combination of bodies #oh lawd let this cup pass us by very quickly# *i'll play Rooney & Carrick if I had one wish*
***My front four will be;
Januzaj -- Kagawa -- Rooney
--------- van Persie ---------
There will be subs of course, but I'll inspire confidence in this group by giving them five/six games as starters and allow them to make mistakes and gel. Let's see where we can go from here while fortifying the starting 11 with a slight change gradually
We are just the pure definition of lethargy on current form, to the extent Its so bad to be true

Our coach is still on preseason.

I like the defense line up. Cleverley and Anderson will flourish well with that denfense. All the time we have played a young defense with Anderson and Cleverley in league, FA and Carling cups, we have done well. We have a mobile defense and misfield and all helping each other. The defense push high on the field and that helps the midfielders to play close to the attack. Then all of them were capable of chasing back at high speed.

I also have the feeling that Evans will do very well in the left back. He did well once or twice before.

Moyes should stick to a certain line up. Today, it looks like Young was yanked off when he was getting into his element. Next time, he will start from square one. If he could perfect his crosses, RVP or Chicha can make use of them when they play together for a while.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:33am On Dec 11, 2013
SailorXY: The flop of the match is a straight tussle between Rio, Giggs & Young!
I can forgive some cuz of their 'old' skins but the 'young' flesh? Hmmm why is he wasting space @ Manchester United?

Young was our worst player in the first half. But I think he was getting into the game in the second. Then his corner kicks were bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 11, 2013
SailorXY: The flop of the match is a straight tussle between Rio, Giggs & Young!
I can forgive some cuz of their 'old' skins but the 'young' flesh? Hmmm why is he wasting space @ Manchester United?
and to think young's salary is in d same category as di maria's! Smh for him!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:36am On Dec 11, 2013

Young was our worst player in the first half. But I think he was getting into the game in the second. Then his corner kicks were bad.

Rio almost gifted them a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40am On Dec 11, 2013
Group A
------------------------------------------------ P W D L F A +/- Pts
Manchester United FC Manchester United FC------ 6 4 2 0 12 3 9 14
Bayer 04 Leverkusen Bayer 04 Leverkusen ---------6 3 1 2 9 10 -1 10
FC Shakhtar Donetsk FC Shakhtar Donetsk---------6 2 2 2 7 6 1 8
Real Sociedad de FĂștbol Real Sociedad de FĂștbol-- 6 0 1 5 1 10 -9 1

Had Donetsk beaten Man United, Leverkusen would have been out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:09am On Dec 11, 2013
berbagod has done it again. who else can do this in europe?

christ - see first touch that just kills the ball dead. this looks like a film trick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:10am On Dec 11, 2013
dademola: and to think young's salary is in d same category as di maria's! Smh for him!
Wow grin
yet his long-sleeve jersey almost always look like a gown on him, as if it was custom made for the Notorious BIG undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 1:14am On Dec 11, 2013
Purist: Christ!! Vieira and Keane had 21 red cards between them in their career!

A certain hooligan from Spain -Sergio Ramos- already has 17 career red cards, and he's just 27! shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:19am On Dec 11, 2013
nitlad:

A certain hooligan from Spain -Sergio Ramos- already has 17 career red cards, and he's just 27! shocked shocked

red cards are easier to get now. in those days of keane, you ought to have committed something close to GBH to cop red cards. these days, professional fouls(stopping a goal bound striker as the last man is a red). in the grand scheme of things, keane/vieira will eat ramos alive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:30am On Dec 11, 2013
coogar: berbagod has done it again. who else can do this in europe?

christ - see first touch that just kills the ball dead. this looks like a film trick.

Berba is a devil. He has those skills as natural gifts. Only that such don't guarantee victories for teams.

In my childhood days, I remeber a certain guy called Wale. He could do anything with the ball. He will beat the goalkeeper twice and still will not find the net. grin grin grin An Etim Esin kind of player, but his own was extraordinary. His greatest weakness however was that he was a sluggish player, he will beat 6 opponents from midfield to 18 box, but he won't lost anyone. cheesy cheesy cheesy He would be caught on the way again by some guys he had beaten already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 1:31am On Dec 11, 2013
coogar: red cards are easier to get now. in those days of keane, you ought to have committed something close to GBH to cop red cards. these days, professional fouls(stopping a goal bound striker as the last man is a red). in the grand scheme of things, keane/vieira will eat ramos alive.

True that. . . But the goat is still a barbaric brute.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:45am On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:
Berba is a devil. He has those skills as natural gifts. Only that such don't guarantee victories for teams.

i will pay the price of a season ticket just to watch berbatov display his skill. to hell with victories & what not. i just want to see silky skills.

In my childhood days, I remeber a certain guy called Wale. He could do anything with the ball. He will beat the goalkeeper twice and still will not find the net. grin grin grin An Etim Esin kind of player, but his own was extraordinary. His greatest weakness however was that he was a sluggish player, he will beat 6 opponents from midfield to 18 box, but he won't lost anyone. cheesy cheesy cheesy He would be caught on the way again by some guys he had beaten already.

wale's coach should have tutored him to release the ball the moment he beats 2-3 markers. making the right decision can be coached into players. cristiano was also frustrating in his early days - he wanted to dribble everyone & that was what started his beef with ruud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 11, 2013
nitlad:

True that. . . But the goat is still a barbaric brute.

Ogbeni thats my favorite def u're murdering cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 2:04am On Dec 11, 2013
El Guapo: Ogbeni thats my favorite def u're murdering cheesy

Sergio Ramos? When you have the Bayern pair of Dante and Boateng to be awed by? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 11, 2013
nitlad:

Sergio Ramos? When you the Bayern pair of Dante and Boateng to be awed by? cheesy grin

Those pants!

Going by Dayokanu's theory, i somehow expected Pep to joggle unto the pitch and help those mopes of defs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:22am On Dec 11, 2013
nitlad:

Sergio Ramos? When you the Bayern pair of Dante and Boateng to be awed by? cheesy grin

Those treble winners something no one at Chelski can say
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:00am On Dec 11, 2013
"@ManUtd: Moyes on Phil Jones: "He's young & doing great. I think his future will be at centre-half but he's doing a job for us in midfield just now.""

"@InfostradaLive: In all FOUR previous #UCL seasons in which Manchester United reached the final, they were undefeated in the (1st) group phase. #MUFC"

Reason to be optimistic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 11, 2013
n0m0705: "@ManUtd: Moyes on Phil Jones: "He's young & doing great. I think his future will be at centre-half but he's doing a job for us in midfield just now.""

"@InfostradaLive: In all FOUR previous #UCL seasons in which Manchester United reached the final, they were undefeated in the (1st) group phase. #MUFC"

Reason to be optimistic?
...and d last time we won all home matches, we went on to win d champs lig.

#warning.
Get ur hopes high at ur own peril
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ReLaTE(m): 6:43am On Dec 11, 2013
i can see januzaj playing the no 10 for United in the future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:47am On Dec 11, 2013
Oghos1: ...and d last time we won all home matches, we went on to win d champs lig.

#warning.
Get ur hopes high at ur own peril
grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2013
n0m0705: "@ManUtd: Moyes on Phil Jones: "He's young & doing great. I think his future will be at centre-half but he's doing a job for us in midfield just now.""

This is my point. Particularly as we play Ferdi or Vidic who will drag our defence line deep to the 18 box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by itzsuave(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Rooney rejects united's contract advances. Mtchew.

Just when I was trying not to dislike him anymore.
He's probably just waiting for utd to finish outside top4 so that he can force a move with a year left on his contract angry

Btw this is oghos1. I'll be using dis moniker until I'm freed by spambot probably
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
I read barca is offering 37mill for RVP. the vultures are circling and it isn't like RVP is the most loyal player.
I hope we take the money and hopefully rooney stays the presence of rooney and RVP in our squad is doing more harm than good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
itz_suave: Rooney rejects united's contract advances. Mtchew.
Just when I was trying not to dislike him anymore.
He's probably just waiting for utd to finish outside top4 so that he can force a move with a year left on his contract angry

rooney rejects united's contract? lolololol
i don't want to believe this just yet. oghos must be pulling my legs with this one. rooney, the prince of old trafford rejects united's offer? how can that be?

Btw this is oghos1. I'll be using dis moniker until I'm freed by spambot probably

you shouldn't stay banned if it's spambot - report to the mods & they will unshackle your username.

SIR cum a lot:
I read barca is offering 37mill for RVP. the vultures are circling and it isn't like RVP is the most loyal player. I hope we take the money and hopefully rooney stays the presence of rooney and RVP in our squad is doing more harm than good.

nice piece of logic there....
sell the striker that wants to end his career at man utd & retain the fat scouser that is doing his best to leave united?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please, am sure gunner's fan believed that BS when he sold it to them before "the little boy in him" conveniently chose united over Arsenal besides am sure the story is false but this is how this transfers start. Also Barca payed a lot for players in their late 20's 37mill for a 30yrs old RVP isn't bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
Please, am sure gunner's fan believed that BS when he sold it to them before "the little boy in him" conveniently chose united over Arsenal besides am sure the story is false but this is how this transfers start. Also Barca payed a lot for players in their late 20's 37mill for a 30yrs old RVP isn't bad

arsenal didn't match his ambition. he was with them for 7 seasons & wenger kept buying mediocres. he's going to be 30 & he felt the time has come to seek his dreams elsewhere. only deluded arsenal fans blame van persie. you won't find any man utd fan that will blame ronaldo for seeking his ambition in spain - he said it has always been his dream to wear madrid's shirt - so be it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
In this year's Champions League, there
was a German team in every group in
which there was an English team.
Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen
Man City, Bayern Munich
Chelsea, Schalke 04
Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund
Matches won by English teams: 6
Matches won by German teams: 2
Goals scored by English teams: 21
Goals scored by German teams: 8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by itzsuave(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

rooney rejects united's contract? lolololol
i don't want to believe this just yet. oghos must be pulling my legs with this one. rooney, the prince of old trafford rejects united's offer? how can that be?
its all over d news. From various sources.

Anoda annoying rumour that's evriwhere is sneijder's own.
I just won't believe that.

you shouldn't stay banned if it's spambot - report to the mods & they will unshackle your username.
I find that tedious. That's d reason for an alternate anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Which rational player (except Nani due to the pay rise he wanted) would sign a new deal with Utd at the moment?

Rooney is waiting to see where things go before signing - that's the intelligent thing to do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by itzsuave(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
debosky: Which rational player (except Nani due to the pay rise he wanted) would sign a new deal with Utd at the moment?

Rooney is waiting to see where things go before signing - that's the intelligent thing to do.

And we r supposed to place our hopes on him, when he won't commit to us?
So he can play shyte all over d field whenever he feels like and then jump to d next team when we fail?

Intelligence indeed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
debosky: Which rational player (except Nani due to the pay rise he wanted) would sign a new deal with Utd at the moment?

what a disgraceful thing to say. carrick(the most important player in the squad) also extended his contract this season, was it because he wanted a pay rise as well?

this is exactly why i said getting rid of rooney was our best option in the summer. this news is going to affect the mood in the squad again just when they needed to focus & improve their performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
^^ How old is Carrick? At 32 he is looking for long term security so it's not surprising he signed a new deal. Rooney is in a different place.

Rooney at 28 is probably on the verge of signing his last big contract, just like RVP when he was at Arsenal - this isn't the time to be sentimental or rush into signing just any deal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (14408) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.