Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,001 members, 7,966,694 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9210494 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (14408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

You nailed it.

Keane always played ball like he was going to fight everyone.

I would have loved if football allowed fights just like in Ice Hockey, just for Vieira to have taught him a lesson. Just once.

Vieira to have taught Keane a lesson? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
debosky: ^^ How old is Carrick? At 32 he is looking for long term security so it's not surprising he signed a new deal. Rooney is in a different place.

now it's about age? how old is nani or would you say nani has no ambition? all the players wenger signed or extended their contract for 8 years without a title must have no ambition.

Rooney at 28 is probably on the verge of signing his last big contract, just like RVP when he was at Arsenal - this isn't the time to be sentimental or rush into signing just any deal.

he can fück off.....
we have RVP now. before RVP, he could dilly-dally with his contract & have everyone worrying but times have changed now. he should leave in january asap & let united use his fees to secure better strikers with less adipose cells.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nani is not 28 - he still has longer to go in his career so that's a poor comparison.

The fact is that without Rooney y'all would be fighting for places with Norwich. Moyes will not sell Rooney in January, even if he is offered £80m. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
debosky: Nani is not 28 - he still has longer to go in his career so that's a poor comparison.

you are such a twit!
nani is too young to move, carrick is too old to move but rooney who is between them can move, right? what's the difference between 27(nani) & 28(rooney)?

The fact is that without Rooney y'all would be fighting for places with Norwich. Moyes will not sell Rooney in January, even if he is offered £80m. tongue

with rooney, we are 9th on the table. without rooney we would be 1st/2nd. without him for most of 10/11 season, we won the league. lesser mortals like chicharito & berbatov delivered the title on a plate. rooney is an overrated piece of garbage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: In this year's Champions League, there
was a German team in every group in
which there was an English team.
Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen
Man City, Bayern Munich
Chelsea, Schalke 04
Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund
Matches won by English teams: 6
Matches won by German teams: 2
Goals scored by English teams: 21
Goals scored by German teams: 8

Wait o. I am laughing at myself now for now knowing Shalke 04 was in Chelsaea group. Have they played in Germany?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

with rooney, we are 9th on the table. without rooney we would be 1st/2nd. without him for most of 10/11 season, we won the league. lesser mortals like chicharito & berbatov delivered the title on a plate. rooney is an overrated piece of garbage.

I could remember than season. Without Rooney we were somewhere 2nd or 3rd on the table. When he returned we shot our way to the top of the league in December and remained there till the end. I guess he even had plenty of matches far more than you are making us to believe here. Probably more matches than either or both of Chicha and Berba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
When Coogar writes about Wayne Rooney..... Hmmmm, abi na Coogar be dey eye Rooney wife before. But na since 14 years dem dey date come since o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:

Wait o. I am laughing at myself now for now knowing Shalke 04 was in Chelsaea group. Have they played in Germany?
Schalke 0 Chelsea 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:

I could remember than season. Without Rooney we were somewhere 2nd or 3rd on the table. When he returned we shot our way to the top of the league in December and remained there till the end. I guess he even had plenty of matches than more than you are making us to believe here. Probably more matches than either or both of Chicha and Berba.

that's a lie.
rooney's first goal from open play that season was against west brom on january 1st of 2011. before then he scored a penalty against west ham in august(3rd league match of the season).

united were on top of the table by end of november & rooney was nowhere contributing anything by then. rooney's first contribution that season after coming back from america was his assist on boxing day(dec 26), united had gotten to the top of the table by GW15(nov 27)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:

I could remember than season. Without Rooney we were somewhere 2nd or 3rd on the table. When he returned we shot our way to the top of the league in December and remained there till the end. I guess he even had plenty of matches far more than you are making us to believe here. Probably more matches than either or both of Chicha and Berba.
No.
Aside a hat-trick at West Ham, Rooney had a shitty 2010/11 season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
StarBoard:
No.
Aside a hat-trick at West Ham, Rooney had a shitty 2010/11 season.

he seems to have forgotten some of us still remember that season like the back of our hands. we didn't even lose a game until february against one shitty team - united almost did an unbeaten run & berba/chicha had an outstanding first half of the season(without rooney)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
StarBoard:
Schalke 0 Chelsea 3.

Thank you.

So what nonsense was I writing yesterday. Kai!!! I thought it was 3-0 to us in Germany, I didn't know it was 4-0.

Up EPL. 100% record against burndisleaguedown teams in. Germany. Wow!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

that's a lie.
rooney's first goal from open play that season was against west brom on january 1st of 2011. before then he scored a penalty against west ham in august(3rd league match of the season).

united were on top of the table by end of november & rooney was nowhere contributing anything by then. rooney's first contribution that season after coming back from america was his assist on boxing day(dec 26), united had gotten to the top of the table by GW15(nov 27)

By virtue of some kind of players being on the pitch, the game is half won. He may not have scored or assised, but his overall contribution is always commendable. I guess that was the season he scored that beautiful bicycle kick against City.

RVP coming into our game yesterday change so much. Having two deadly men on is a big threat to opponents. Look at Iniester, few goals and assists but his presence is a master key.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

he seems to have forgotten some of us still remember that season like the back of our hands. we didn't even lose a game until february against one shitty team - united almost did an unbeaten run & berba/chicha had an outstanding first half of the season(without rooney)

What was United position before Rooney returned. There are some players, they might not be scoring, but their presence on the pitch is a master key. Rooney has always been such. Even in Ronaldo days, our results were poor whenever Rooney stated the season with injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:
By virtue of some kind of players being on the pitch, the game is half won. He may not have scored or assised, but his overall contribution is always commendable. I guess that was the season he scored that beautiful bicycle kick against City.

what kind of players? grin grin
the first game united lost that season was against wolves in february. united took care of business in rooney's absence so i fail to see how he can be credited to have contributed anything.

RVP coming into our game yesterday change so much. Having two deadly men on is a big threat to opponents. Look at Iniester, few goals and assists but his presence is a master key.

which presence? did united lose any game in rooney's absence or did rooney's spirit influence the games back then?

elampiro:
What was United position before Rooney returned. There are some players, they might not be scoring, but their presence on the pitch is a master key. Rooney has always been such. Even in Ronaldo days, our results were poor whenever Rooney stated the season with injury.

united were tied on points with the league leaders(chelsea). chelsea had a better +GD. so if rooney didn't contribute goals, how's it to his credit that united got to the top?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

We lost to Wolves at molineux.
Game no. 22 of that season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:

Rooney was unfit due to weight issues. Then he asked for a transfer in October.
Then he was injured.
Mixed up with disjointed performances, Rooney was nowhere in 2011/12.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro:
Thank you.

So what nonsense was I writing yesterday. Kai!!! I thought it was 3-0 to us in Germany, I didn't know it was 4-0.

Up EPL. 100% record against burndisleaguedown teams in. Germany. Wow!

While the trophy is in Germany and the super cup too beating a PL team to it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
dayokanu:

While the trophy is in Germany and the super cup too beating a PL team to it

and the same hapless English sides will still come and shyte all over your Allianz arena and in Germany in general. how many times will supposed European champs lose to Engliish sides at the Alaye arena?

Abeg give it a rest. Your Bundesliga is 3rd rate, on the Scottish League Level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
StarBoard:
We lost to Wolves at molineux.
Game no. 22 of that season.

that was how i remembered that season too. we win a game, we draw the other. everton(away) & fulham(away) were particularly painful. we kept dropping points from a winning position in the first 14 games.

StarBoard:

and the same hapless English sides will still come and shyte all over your Allianz arena.

he's just saving face - he agreed last night the performance of his team was shameful.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

that was how i remembered that season too. we win a game, we draw the other. everton(away) & fulham(away) were particularly painful. we kept dropping points from a winning position in the first 14 games.

We won only 5 away games that season and drew 8.
Our home form was imperious though. We drew only one game at OT, I think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
I am not disposed to argue about the 2010/11 season now. See you guys at night.

If we didn't lose any match from May till Feb, cool, but it doesn't mean we were on top of thje league before Rooney arrived.

See you guys at night, hopefully. I know too that was the season Berba scored against few teams, and bottom teams for that matter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

We won only 5 away games that season and drew 8.
Our home form was imperious though. We drew only one game at OT, I think.
We led Everon 3-1 with 4 minutes to go.
They almost snatched a 4-3 win in injury time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro: I am not disposed to argue about the 2010/11 season now. See you guys at night.

If we didn't lose any match from May till Feb, cool, but it doesn't mean we were on top of thje league before Rooney arrived.

See you guys at night, hopefully. I know too that was the season Berba scored against few teams, and bottom teams for that matter.
Elampiro,
United were ahead in December, while Rooney was away.We never lost that spot till season's end.
Chelsea managed to close the gap to 3 points from about an 8 point gap in late April before we faced them at OT where Hernandez scored in 37 secs.
Rooney missed some sitters towards the end at 2-1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
elampiro: I am not disposed to argue about the 2010/11 season now. See you guys at night.

cos you have lost the argument - that's why you are not disposed to argue it. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1461345_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1461346_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

we were on top of the table. berbatov was blazing that season. even dayokanu(berba's biggest hater) ate back his vomitus that season. by GW14, united were tied on points, by GW15, united were on top.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1461356_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

if rooney had scored against all the bottom teams he's faced this season, we would be on top of the table as we speak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
StarBoard:

and the same hapless English sides will still come and shyte all over your Allianz arena and in Germany in general. how many times will supposed European champs lose to Engliish sides at the Alaye arena?

What does shyting over the Allianz mean in the grand scheme of things?

Someone won treble, won Super cup going to CwC in one calendar year and you want him to be worried about someone shyting somewhere?

Like Barca crying about Rubin Kazan beating them at home when they still won the CL

Aint no one got time for that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Someone won treble, won Super cup going to CwC in one calendar year and you want him to be worried about someone shyting somewhere?

na you go first win treble? treble in bundesliga is next to shyte. it's like winning the capital one cup in england. all you have to do more or less is to win the CL - bundesliga & the other competition are bayern's birthright by default unless they self-destruct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ermmmmmm!!! coogar and Starboard..... please overlook Elampiro .... his obsession for Rooney10 is even noticed by the crippled and blind .... so let's move on....I careless if Rooney leaves OT....We goon get a replacement though .... Lehgooo bru
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
coogar:

na you go first win treble? treble in bundesliga is next to shyte. it's like winning the capital one cup in england. all you have to do more or less is to win the CL - bundesliga & the other competition are bayern's birthright by default unless they self-destruct.

Before last May Bayern have been without a trophy in germany for 2 seasons.

Na we go first win treble and win 10 straight games in the CL, if you know anyone else who has won 10 straight CL games beating the champions of Italy and Spain 11-0 aggregates let me know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Like Barca crying about Rubin Kazan beating them at home when they still won the CL

Dayo u always make me puke with ur dogmatic arguements.....Bundesliga is a sole league crested by bayern .... btw united did treble before ur so called bayern dreamt of doing it....and lest I forget utd did the treble by beating u guys ..... so my dear get over it as we did
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Before last May Bayern have been without a trophy in germany for 2 seasons.

Na we go first win treble and win 10 straight games in the CL, if you know anyone else who has won 10 straight CL games beating the champions of Italy and Spain 11-0 aggregates let me know

yes, that's because you under-performed in those 2 seasons. all i am saying is bayern should be winning every competition in germany by default. you have the best squad, the best manager, the richest off/on the pitch. seriously, what's the excuse?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
JayKayMaybachz:
Dayo u always make me puke with ur dogmatic arguements.....Bundesliga is a sole league crested by bayern .... btw united did treble before ur so called bayern dreamt of doing it....and lest I forget utd did the treble by beating u guys ..... so my dear get over it as we did

While EPL is a league solely crested by Man Utd.
United did the treble but did not do the Super cup, Did not go 10 matches winning streak

coogar:

yes, that's because you under-performed in those 2 seasons. all i am saying is bayern should be winning every competition in germany by default. you have the best squad, the best manager, the richest off/on the pitch. seriously, what's the excuse?

In those 2 season we still reached the final of the CL. And we have 10 game winning streak which no one has ever had in the history of CL football

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (14408) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, Fortuneleonard, PendragonVII, ennyjay72(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.