Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,166 members, 7,896,965 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8974702 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6833) (6834) (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
afrodoc2:
We need a quality CB and another quality CM to avoid stories that touch.
We need a reliable top class CF too but i can’t think of any that is available.

Thank you very much, For me we dont have any reliable striker, we need a top class one. Since we have used price and chased away RM and juve from pogba, i think what we need is a creative and skillful AM, we need a commanding defender to Partner Lindelof too. I dont know how this thing is difficult to do. With 150m this will be done, especially when Lukaku is sold, more more to spend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Leave him let him be there defending Ole that is busy doing tumbom tumbo on who between Jonesy,Smally and Rojy to play against Chelsea, and giving Youngy captain, building team around Lingy. Somebody that will limit these useless player's playing time even in pre season to about 5 mins each to send a message to them. Promote youth players, they cant be as sh..ite as the players i mentioned. Which serious club plays Lingard even as a substitute. I can swear that Lingard cannot make the first XI in Leicester, Everton, Watford, Wolves, Westham and dont be surprised Southhamptom, but Ole is here talking about wanting everybody in the squad. If he continue with this his style, Except our current youngsters somehow performs magic, Martial stop behaving like a woman and Rashford having a good season, I dont see Ole in charge beyond Xmas, if he manages to, i dont see us finishing in top 8.

Na wa ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
Sinbo:

How on earth sef did rojo get 160k a week still beat my imagination.
Dont be surprised someone will tell you he deserve it, some are saying we should have given Herrera 350k/week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
weedtaker:
I'm not confident going in to the season with De gea as No.1
Best keeper in the world?? Naah Apostle must hear this grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
Dalot na all of us: “You sure say no be Van Persie be this, make i check?” grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
To be honest, Manchester United will be a great place to work.
Fat check
Good welfare package
A high level of job security.

Manchester United FC should be one of the best places to work in UK.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
adisaaowala:

From all indications, OGS seems to be happy with his present squad and I can understand the frustration of some of the fans...

Anyways, the TW is still wide open and I would wait till Sept 1st before I give my assessment of transfers (both in & out)
At the end of last season, it was the same OGS that said he IS going to be successful here and that most of these players aren't going to be here by next season. Now he has changed mouth to "There won't be any players here I don't want."

I dont know if it's because of the club's inability to sell off the deadwoods and get better players but i no dey take anything OGS says about who he wants and doesn't want serious again.

All i know is he better get them playing some decent football again. And he should stop showing the kind of favouritism he showed last season by sticking with Young, Jones, Smalling, Matic and Lingard. All under performing players should be benched. Right now, there's no reason why Greenwood shouldn't be starting ahead of Lingard and Mata against Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
afrodoc2:
We need a quality CB and another quality CM to avoid stories that touch.
We need a reliable top class CF too but i can’t think of any that is available.
If they can get McGuire and Fernandes, then fine by me. But i believe Fernandes should be the priority.

As for a ST, getting one doesn't look likely this transfer window even if Lukaku leaves because Woodward na idiot. So best we remove mind from that and face midfield and defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Smalling and Bailly as CB options for next season no go bad o. Jones and Rojo should be binned ASAP. Problem is, no club is showing interest.

And this is how Darmian will sneak his way into another season at Man United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Leave him let him be there defending Ole that is busy doing tumbom tumbo on who between Jonesy,Smally and Rojy to play against Chelsea, and giving Youngy captain, building team around Lingy. Somebody that will limit these useless player's playing time even in pre season to about 5 mins each to send a message to them. Promote youth players, they cant be as sh..ite as the players i mentioned. Which serious club plays Lingard even as a substitute. I can swear that Lingard cannot make the first XI in Leicester, Everton, Watford, Wolves, Westham and dont be surprised Southhamptom, but Ole is here talking about wanting everybody in the squad. If he continue with this his style, Except our current youngsters somehow performs magic, Martial stop behaving like a woman and Rashford having a good season, I dont see Ole in charge beyond Xmas, if he manages to, i dont see us finishing in top 8.
U dey talk like person wey no Know ball.

Captain or not, Young has already been bounced from right back. It's up to Shaw now to make sure he stays on the bench.

Smalling is fit but he is yet to see any meaningful action this preseason.

Jones is still down the pecking order behind Bailly...if that one can stay fit.

Rojo, that one na dead and still has Shaw and Young to contend with before he sees shirt. And he has no chances of playing as a CB either. Even Smalling is ahead of him there.

James is already playing ahead of Martial.

And the young players are already seeing chances to play. Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, McTominay, AWB, James, Dalot, Tuanzebe are all young players.

I only agree with you on Lingard coz OGS can be that dumb.

I agree Players need to bought and even more need to be sold. But that's all on Woodward since he has refused to get a DoF. Not everything falls on the managers head.

NB: I be United fan. Not an OGS fan. If he messes up this season, i will personally champion the Ole Out chants on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
Chrisus:
Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Smalling and Bailly as CB options for next season no go bad o. Jones and Rojo should be binned ASAP. Problem is, no club is showing interest.

And this is how Darmian will sneak his way into another season at Man United.
OGS can be a Yes man but there are still ways he can force the board's hands.

If they like or not, they should sell Smalling, Jones, Rojo and Darmian and the rest of the deadwood. As long as OGS doesn't use them, Woodward will be forced to get rid of them and buy replacements.

OGS should just use the youngsters. Better to win/lose with them than these overpaid deadwoods

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Thank you very much, For me we dont have any reliable striker, we need a top class one. Since we have used price and chased away RM and juve from pogba, i think what we need is a creative and skillful AM, we need a commanding defender to Partner Lindelof too. I dont know how this thing is difficult to do. With 150m this will be done, especially when Lukaku is sold, more more to spend
Shey u are holding OGS accountable for everything??
"Since we have used price and chased away RM and juve from pogba". Was this OGS's doing or was it Squidward?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lana1:
Shey u are holding OGS accountable for everything??
"Since we have used price and chased away RM and juve from pogba". Was this OGS's doing or was it Squidward?

I dont blame ole for everything, I blame him for not telling the deadwoods to go, then if Ed refuse to sell, we will know where the problem is from. But for now,, both him and Ed are just joking with fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lana1:
U dey talk like person wey no Know ball.

Captain or not, Young has already been bounced from right back. It's up to Shaw now to make sure he stays on the bench.

Smalling is fit but he is yet to see any meaningful action this preseason.

Jones is still down the pecking order behind Bailly...if that one can stay fit.

Rojo, that one na dead and still has Shaw and Young to contend with before he sees shirt. And he has no chances of playing as a CB either. Even Smalling is ahead of him there.

James is already playing ahead of Martial.

And the young players are already seeing chances to play. Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, McTominay, AWB, James, Dalot, Tuanzebe are all young players.

I only agree with you on Lingard coz OGS can be that dumb.

I agree Players need to bought and even more need to be sold. But that's all on Woodward since he has refused to get a DoF. Not everything falls on the managers head.

NB: I be United fan. Not an OGS fan. If he messes up this season, i will personally champion the Ole Out chants on this thread.

I understand your point, I fans are dont just trust these group of players, based on the shege dey do us these few years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lana1:
OGS can be a Yes man but there are still ways he can force the board's hands.

If they like or not, they should sell Smalling, Jones, Rojo and Darmian and the rest of the deadwood. As long as OGS doesn't use them, Woodward will be forced to get rid of them and buy replacements.

OGS should just use the youngsters. Better to win/lose with them than these overpaid deadwoods

Thank you very much, this is my issue with Ole, npbody is saying its his fault that players are not sold or bought, once you bench them completely with academy players, no be person go tell Ed to behave
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
The way Ole wants to play and with the attackers he has at his disposal, Fred definitely needs to be a sure starter..

As for Lukaku, after watching this Inter team today, I'm beginning to doubt his ambitions..Friendly or not, we're way better than this Inter even with the deadwoods..

Good game today all round and I hope we carry on till next year May playing like this..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
afrodoc2:

Don’t be deceived, Tuanzebe is not ready for that pressure. Right now a fit Jones is ahead of him sef. The only obvious odd men out in terms of style are Smalling and Rojo.

The Inter striker was a 17yr old boy not named Mason Greenwood. And Inter are a week behind us in training. Relying on Axel to be a starter week in week out is a recipe to missing top 4 this season.

Where would you see that? cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Some of our players dont need replacement, they need to be sold and if possible promote a youngster from the academy. Its better for a club academy graduate to play be playing nonsense than for a so called experience mofo with jumbo salary playing nonsense

You have killed me grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Dont be surprised someone will tell you he deserve it, some are saying we should have given Herrera 350k/week.

Definitely not here!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
odizeey:
To be honest, Manchester United will be a great place to work.
Fat check
Good welfare package
A high level of job security.

Manchester United FC should be one of the best places to work in UK.
cheesy

RT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2019
CrystalTiger:
The way Ole wants to play and with the attackers he has at his disposal, Fred definitely needs to be a sure starter..

As for Lukaku, after watching this Inter team today, I'm beginning to doubt his ambitions..Friendly or not, we're way better than this Inter even with the deadwoods..

Good game today all round and I hope we carry on till next year May playing like this..

Can't blame Lukaku. There are few things on Earth more tempting than Italian dishes cheesy grin

Our man can't wait to engorge himself on Rissoto and Lasagna.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
CapitalCee:

Some of our players dont need replacement, they need to be sold and if possible promote a youngster from the academy. Its better for a club academy graduate to play be playing nonsense than for a so called experience mofo with jumbo salary playing nonsense

I know we are a parading a discrete set of rogues, scoundrels and unrepentant oxygen thieves as professional players but unfortunately, we can't rely on our kids to go a full season without burn out or injury issues.

We'll retain the deadwood but I want to see them chucked down the bench so deep mushrooms start sprouting out their earlobes.

That's all I request, Inshallah.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
DeadPresidents:

I know we are a parading a discrete set of rogues, scoundrels and unrepentant oxygen thieves as professional players but unfortunately, we can't rely on our kids to go a full season without burn out or injury issues.

We'll retain the deadwood but I want to see them chucked down the bench so deep mushrooms start sprouting out their earlobes.

Amin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
DeadPresidents:

They want to kill those kids the way Nwoyes killed Januzaj
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lalaboi(m): 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
dubylhover:

Oh..OK..thanks...would wait till then....thanks

The league is open now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enemyofpeace: 4:27am On Jul 21, 2019
CapitalCee:

bros you don put fear for my mind o, top 8 kwanu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 21, 2019
Solskjær: "The stats say my first game in charge, at Cardiff, was the second-highest in intensity of pressing in any PL game last season. That work rate hit us in the end but now we have a chance because of what the players have done in three weeks of training."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 21, 2019
Solskjær: "I was criticised last season for playing the same team too often, being too hard on them and asking to run more. We ended up with a few injuries so maybe I should have rotated - pre-season is about laying good foundations so they won't need that rest."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 21, 2019
Solskjær: "I'm gradually forming the team that will start our first Premier League game. The first four or five games, you have a week in between so it's not like you have to rotate too much."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 21, 2019
Solskjær: "I keep in touch with Roy [Keane] and have been at his house for a cup of tea. I always listen to Roy and his opinions. I value them very highly."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 21, 2019
Solskjær: "They [players] had their programmes over the summer and it seems like they did them because they were fit when they came in, most of them."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 21, 2019
Ole: “Results are one thing, the way we play is another and the way we behave and greet people is important. It’s a more competitive league than when I played and more difficult getting players. That’s a realism we have to get used to. You can't live on history.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (6833) (6834) (6835) (6836) (6837) (6838) (6839) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.