Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,841 members, 7,962,773 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9191135 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) (7575) (7576) ... (14399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
More from Ole "We have played them three times now and they haven't scored yet. They are hard to work down, very structured.
"We passed, passed and passed. In the first half we didn't have enough movement, second half was much better.
"Bruno Fernandes will become a top footballer. Give him time and he will become a very good addition for us. We dropped him deeper to get him on the ball and I thought him and Fred did very well.
"His demeanor, smile, everything about him is a boost for everyone. He is a genuine lad, a top professional and he is a winner. Today we saw glimpses of his character and we will see more and more.
"Odion Ighalo is in the air and on his way. We will give him time to settle. He is a striker, has a physical presence and is a goalscorer so he will give us a lot. You would be thrilled [with the move] when you have been a Manchester United supporter your whole life and you've been working your whole life. Being the top scorer in the Africa Cup of Nations tells you a lot about the qualities we are going to get."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
handelex:
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a game as you expected really. We dominated the game, had loads of possession, they gave us problems on counter attacks and set plays.
"We've played so many games in the past few months the players are down to the barebones, Energy levels are down and the need a break.
"We got Bruno deeper on the ball for us. I felt we controlled the first half as well.
"In the second half we threatened a little bit more. I feel the ground staff must have moved the goal slightly to the right!
"Bruno is a top player. It's the first game. First half everyone was getting the ball into feet and Bruno is one of those who, when he gets into feet, he wants players moving in front of him and we didn't .
"He'll be a top addition."

Bruno is one of those who, when he gets into feet, he wants players moving in front of him and we didn't.

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
elampiro:

Bruno is one of those who, when he gets into feet, he wants players moving in front of him and we didn't.

undecided
Martial and James were just useless this game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
How come our next game is until 17th against Chelshit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
handelex:
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a game as you expected really. We dominated the game, had loads of possession, they gave us problems on counter attacks and set plays.
"We've played so many games in the past few months the players are down to the barebones, Energy levels are down and the need a break.
"We got Bruno deeper on the ball for us. I felt we controlled the first half as well.
"In the second half we threatened a little bit more. I feel the ground staff must have moved the goal slightly to the right!
"Bruno is a top player. It's the first game. First half everyone was getting the ball into feet and Bruno is one of those who, when he gets into feet, he wants players moving in front of him and we didn't.
"He'll be a top addition."
Ole is a scummy grin He say ground staff move goalpost o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
handelex:
More from Ole "We have played them three times now and they haven't scored yet. They are hard to work down, very structured.
"We passed, passed and passed. In the first half we didn't have enough movement, second half was much better.
"Bruno Fernandes will become a top footballer. Give him time and he will become a very good addition for us. We dropped him deeper to get him on the ball and I thought him and Fred did very well.
"His demeanor, smile, everything about him is a boost for everyone. He is a genuine lad, a top professional and he is a winner. Today we saw glimpses of his character and we will see more and more.
"Odion Ighalo is in the air and on his way. We will give him time to settle. He is a striker, has a physical presence and is a goalscorer so he will give us a lot. You would be thrilled [with the move] when you have been a Manchester United supporter your whole life and you've been working your whole life. Being the top scorer in the Africa Cup of Nations tells you a lot about the qualities we are going to get."

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Martial has been proving to be useless week by week,I just wish OGS have the balls to drop martial to the bench. If we're going to lose let us lose peacefully with Greenwood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
MARTIAL IS NOT A 9
MARTIAL IS NOT A 9
MARTIAL IS NOT A 9
MARTIAL IS NOT A 9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
elampiro:

undecided

Isn’t it obvious. It gets to a point Bruno was using his hands to tell them where to pass to. I’m sure he will be wondering what exactly they have been doing in training.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pk2me: 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
Beorn:
Martial is a dumbfvck. How we allow this kid fool us this far is shocking.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2020
United players' off-the-ball movement is just soo poor, which makes me wonder what they do on the training ground.

Person go hold ball, you go stand dey look wetin he wan do with ball... Rubbish!

Martial has nothing more to offer.
James shouldn't be making match day squads
Pereira is a lost cause. He must leave at the end of the season
Wan Bissaka can be sooo frustrating, but he's willing to join in attacks, at least.
Dalot should be tried on the right wing more often
Maguire and Lindelof: Disaster waiting to happen
Shaw, well...

Fred? Another excellent performance. Constantly looked to make things happen. Player of the season so far, for me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2020
I'm not going to pretend we have world class players because we don't. But this is a very poorly coached team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2020
eph12:
Been watching Bruno's highlight on YouTube. He'll need a lot of movement from his teammates. I hope they don't let him down especially the full backs and strikers
I remember saying this the other day. The poor movement when attacking is so obvious, playing useless quick short passes and staying in same position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Abeg when is Rashford coming back from injury?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Gary Neville

You look at what Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham have done, and compare it to what Manchester United have done. If the recruitment is wrong you ultimately end up paying for it.

"The gameplan today was fine from United. If you were playing with Messi, Suarez and Neymar up front you'd probably play the same way against Wolves. You'd control the game and wait for that moment and one of your front three would go and deliver for you. United don't have that front three at the moment who can go and provide that moment of magic.

"They've signed Ighalo - maybe he can give a bit more presence in terms of putting crosses into the box.

"The fact is, United were chasing a goal at 0-0 and they've had to bring on Jesse Lingard and Diogo Dalot, that tells you exactly where Manchester United are at.

After watching today's game.. I told Nitrogen abI oxygen our forwards are shitt..oga was arguing.. Jiminez playing for us would have even scored
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Martial was very poor today, I can't excuse his poor performance.

Daniel James was also shitty, only Mata was lively of the front 3.

Did anuone here notice that Bruno was coaching his team mates on the position to take when we had the ball? I saw him gesture to Wan-Bissaka to push forward on more than one occasion...

With Ighalo eligible for selection after the break, I suggest Martial be shunted out left whilst Ighalo plays as CF and Greenwood as an inverted RWF. Daniel James doesn't deserve to start just as Martial however, in lieu of our injury crisis, I'll rather have Martial especially with Ighalo taking a lot of the attention of him.

Larride I just went back to see you have highlighted the point I'm trying to make about Bruno coordinating his colleagues...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 11:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
patrickmuf:
Martial was very poor today, I can't excuse his poor performance.

Daniel James was also shitty, only Mata was lively of the front 3.

Did anuone here notice that Bruno was coaching his team mates on the position to take when we had the ball? I saw him gesture to Wan-Bissaka to push forward on more than one occasion...

With Ighalo eligible for selection after the break, I suggest Martial be shunted out left whilst Ighalo plays as CF and Greenwood as an inverted RWF. Daniel James doesn't deserve to start just as Martial however, in lieu of our injury crisis, I'll rather have Martial especially with Ighalo taking a lot of the attention of him.

Larride I just went back to see you have highlighted the point I'm trying to make about Bruno coordinating his colleagues...
I don't fully support Greenwood starting... Better he enters when uncle Ighalo don tire..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
obainojazz:
I don't fully support Greenwood starting... Better he enters when uncle Ighalo don tire..
I kondnof agree but James isn't doing well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:04am On Feb 02, 2020
@obaino, why are you quoting Gary? Of course, he is another pundit that failed heavily as a manager. Na only to talk the guy sabi.

Very few of our so-called legends say the truth, when Mou was here, they wanted to finish him, but because it is one of their own, they are soft on him.

Fuvk them all!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:06am On Feb 02, 2020
well for Positives FC

David de Gea kept another clean sheet with good saves. has he turned the corner? hope so.

Wolves' braggadocios from last season against United have been tamed. we now see gamesmanship and time wasting even from Hulk himself. next step will be to master how to spread their legs consistently and leave them where they belong.

Maguire is growing into his role. he just might metamorphose into a terrific addition from next season.

furthermore, Fred.

lastly, Fred.

in conclusion, Fred angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2020
patrickmuf:
I kondnof agree but James isn't doing well.
Mata/James/lingard and Pererra should share the wing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:12am On Feb 02, 2020
nitrogen:
@obaino, why are you quoting Gary? Of course, he is another pundit that failed heavily as a manager. Na only to talk the guy sabi.

Very few of our so-called legends say the truth, when Mou was here, they wanted to finish him, but because it is one of their own, they are soft on him.

Fuvk them all!
Failed manager or not.. He said the truth.. Goal keeping, defense and midfield tried... Guess the bad department.. Rashford important goals have been covering up for them... angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2020
ChristineC:
well for Positives FC

David de Gea kept another clean sheet with good saves. has he turned the corner? hope so.

Wolves' braggadocios from last season against United have been tamed. we now see gamesmanship and time wasting even from Hulk himself. next step will be to master how to spread their legs consistently and leave them where they belong.

Maguire is growing into his role. he just might metamorphose into a terrific addition from next season.

furthermore, Fred.

lastly, Fred.

in conclusion, Fred angry
The guy is consistently delivering good performances, I see people putting up a midfield three of Pogba, Mctom and Bruno.. No Fred.. There's problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 12:21am On Feb 02, 2020
Even if we bought Messi , we would still be complaining about our blunt attack. Attack in this age is more than quality players. A team needs to be drilled in a distinguished attacking style; practiced and mastered on the training ground, that must be the core attribute of the team, irrespective of the personalities to carry it out.

Ole is bereft and devoid of these contemporary attacking styles. This is validated by our failure to create clear cut chances in our matches. Most of our goals are scored by individual brilliance of our forwards . It’s not really ole’s fault, you simply can’t give what you don’t have. It’s my humble submission that ole should be relieved of his duties and be appointed as the director of football. A club as huge as ours deserves a tactically sound manager. And no, counter-attacking is not a style!. Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:56am On Feb 02, 2020
obainojazz:
The guy is consistently delivering good performances, I see people putting up a midfield three of Pogba, Mctom and Bruno.. No Fred.. There's problem.
McTominay will have to sit if they are all in form. I think if we get to this stage where we put any of them on the bench comfortably, then we really can begin to dream again.

also I haven't mentioned Aaron wan Bissaka because he has some way to go attack-wise but he's put the effort in; and for me that counts. on another day he could have had two assists.
he put in a really good cross in the end, however when people reference the cross as sending the ball in and hoping for the best, it's best to not elaborate his contributions.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:05am On Feb 02, 2020
larride:

Isn’t it obvious. It gets to a point Bruno was using his hands to tell them where to pass to. I’m sure he will be wondering what exactly they have been doing in training.

That was our dear right back AWB. Jogging along side Bruno when he should have been sprinting on the overlap to drag the opposition full back away and open up crossing path for Bruno.
Zero attacking nous. Na to dey bounce on tiptoe and call it dribbling he sabi.

He should be watching DVDs of Gary Neville every night before sleeping. You don't need too much skill to contribute to the attack as a full back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:17am On Feb 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

That was our dear right back AWB. Jogging along side Bruno when he should have been sprinting on the overlap to drag the opposition full back away and open up crossing path for Bruno.
Zero attacking nous. Na to dey bounce on tiptoe and call it dribbling he sabi.

He should be watching DVDs of Gary Neville every night before sleeping. You don't need too much skill to contribute to the attack as a full back.

Garri the failed coach turned pundit cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:23am On Feb 02, 2020
diggz:

grin

If Reece James continues to improve, he may become the best right back ever produced by England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:30am On Feb 02, 2020
diggz:

Maradona, Ruud Gullit, Thierry Henry are all failed coaches. It doesn't stop people from watching their DVDs.

As for your illiterate swimmer of a friend, that one no kuku get sense or direction for life from time. grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:47am On Feb 02, 2020
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:08am On Feb 02, 2020
grin

Are you truly a Doc?! LMAO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:13am On Feb 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

Maradona, Ruud Gullit, Thierry Henry are all failed coaches. It doesn't stop people from watching their DVDs.

As for your illiterate swimmer of a friend, that one no kuku get sense or direction for life from time. grin

Gullit made a promising start to his managerial career when in the first season as a player-manager he guided Chelsea to an FA Cup triumph in 1997, the club's first major trophy in 26 years. The club also finished at a creditable sixth place in the Premiership.

The following season, with Chelsea in second place in the Premiership and proceeding to the quarter-finals in two cup competitions

Copied from wikipedia

I hope you see the difference doc?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) (7575) (7576) ... (14399) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.