Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,497 members, 7,895,107 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 10:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8961479 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7730) (7731) (7732) (7733) (7734) (7735) (7736) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

That was a mistake they regret till today. They gave the team to a mad man that was carried away by 1000 shots per minute and pk instead of playing football the proper way

The English National team Is so used to the kick and rush type of football, such that any normal footballer that plays proper football will look odd in it. Na Gerrard and Lampard fit their style, so I won't really talk about it much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
timay:
This is a post made by champions League official Instagram page an hour ago about the mordern great midfielder of the game. Their pk merchants were not even mentioned grin

But see scholes there. They think being a great midfielder is by playing 100 30yards shots per game grin
kna joy watching scholesy throw those air pass... before man utd v barca match guardi said he did not fear any player in man utd other than scholesy las las kna scholesy destroy dem with atomic bomb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

Fairplay? grin

Na today opposing players dey show Messi love? Read the tweet again and ask around what they meant by 'contributions to the game'.

Ronaldinho didn't show Lampard audio love like the ones Xavi and co showed Scholes, yet he was getting 0 votes. grin

His goals from midfield impressed Ronaldinho not the midfield brain be never had grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

You still don't get that we're talking about attackers? Give your phone to your baby, he go reason better than you grin

grin

You said i rated Lampard because of only Pk. What informed that wack conclusion? What about freekick?

In almost all crucial aspects, your overrated albino trails Lampard.

Has your Scholesy ever ended a season, as the assists leader? Maybe you too will call him a DM. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:
His goals from midfield impressed Ronaldinho not the midfield brain be never had grin

grin

Thats more difficult for midfielders. Ronaldinho, a formal footballer of the year, could relate, unlike you, a fvcking student. grin

Lampard ended three seasons as the highest assist provider. Scholes didn't lead for once out of his useless 19 seasons, when they carried him like bag of beans to win trophies.

If Lampard didn't have midfield brain, then Scholes didn't have any brain at all. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

That was a mistake they regret till today. They gave the team to a mad man that was carried away by 1000 shots per minute and pk instead of playing football the proper way
What did scholes win for England before Lampard?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

Lampard was shocked that a team can play without a midfielder playing 1000 shots per minute. Even the penalty that was his expertise according to airmark, they denied him. Very tough

If Gerrard and Lampard played with Van nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Cantona, Cole, Yorke, etc they will not score upto 100 goals in EPL............Because no PK and Free kick for them................

He played with just Rooney in England national team, he couldnt score more than 29 goals in 100+ appearance,.. plus the freekicks and pk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
dammywapes:
imagine arsenal fans jumping into discussion , their good players had to leave dem to win the EPL n champions league e.g Henry , Van persie , fabrepass , Clichy , sagna , bayo etc
is this the reason Scholes was receiving 0 votes all through his nominations?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
hensben:

He was played out of position, still scored 17 goals in 66 appearance,.

But this same Scholes got more trophies than Gerrard and Lampard combined
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
hensben:
Is that why a coach will prefer a balanced team to a 1000 shots per minute and pk merchant?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

grin

Thats more difficult for midfielders. Ronaldinho, a formal footballer of the year, could relate, unlike you, a fvcking masters student. grin

Lampard ended three seasons as the highest assist provider. Scholes didn't lead for once out of his useless 19 seasons, when they carried him like bag of beans to win trophies.

If Lampard didn't have midfield brain, then Scholes didn't have any brain at all. grin
You that retired at 40 about 15 years ago.. how many goals did you score

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Expert17:

If Gerrard and Lampard played with Van nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Cantona, Cole, Yorke, etc they will not score upto 100 goals in EPL............Because no PK and Free kick for them................

He played with just Rooney in England national team, he couldnt score more than 29 goals in 100+ appearance,.. plus the freekicks and pk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Drogba had to learn gidigbo to stay relevant. Let's not talk about all the other strikers Lampard killed their careers

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:

grin

Is this the reason Scholes was giving us poverty-stricken stats since when he was a teenager? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:
choi shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

Drogba had to learn gidigbo to stay relevant. Let's not talk about all the other strikers Lampard killed their careers

Lampard will fight for Penalty from

Crespo
Anelka
Torres
Sturridge
Shevchenko
Eto

Nawa ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Expert17:

Lampard will fight for Penalty from

Crespo
Anelka
Torres
Sturridge
Shevchenko
Eto

Nawa ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is it only penalty? They had to be playing from the sides because he wanted to be in the 18. Why do you think England was flopping? It was because of Lampard of course
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
hensben:
Imagine that guy saying Lampard just run and run so how did he now get those assist while Scholes that can spray passes like corona virus got 55 assist in 19 seasons.

grin grin grin

As afrodoc2 would say; That's TOUGH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

Is it only penalty? They had to be playing from the sides because he wanted to be in the 18. Why do you think England was flopping? It was because of Lampard of course

If they pair Lampard with a good defensive midfielder, he would have produce his masterclass, but no,..using Gerrard

They will make same mistake with Wan bissaka and Arnold.....

I expect them to use AWB in the 3 man defence......and Arnold in RWB..........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

grin

Is this the reason Scholes was giving us poverty-stricken stats since when he was a teenager? grin
grin
Tell us their positions in midfield... If it's hazard, we shouldn't judge him with goals cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
Denis Bergkamp: “He’s the master.”

Emmanuel Petit: “At Arsenal me and Patrick (Vieira) didn’t want to face Scholes. We would avoid him.”

Edgar Davids: “”Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes.”

Edgar Davids: “I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is.”

Tony Adams: “I really rate Paul Scholes, because he hasn’t got the high profile of many of the Manchester United players, he doesn’t get too much attention, but he is one very good player. He is an intelligent player, he works hard and he scores some great goals. He is not flamboyant and is a quiet lad off the pitch but he is a tremendous asset to Manchester United and to England. He has already got my vote as player of the year.”

Cesc Fabregas: “He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League.”

Patrick Vieira: “The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes.”

Thierry Henry: “I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.”

Zinedine Zidane: “My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.”

Zinedine Zidane : “Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation.”

Sam Allardyce : “There is not a better midfield player in the world.”

Samir Nasri: “Sad to hear Paul Scholes is retiring great player world class player the English Zizou.”
Kevin Keegan: “What United have got that Chelsea haven’t is Paul Scholes. I think he is different to anything else in English football.”

Marcello Lippi: “Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he’s been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex.”

Fabio Capello: “It’s a shame he’s not available to play for England. If he was, he’d be the first name in my squad.”

Ray Wilkins: “I’m saddened because I think we as spectators, not only in this country but right throughout Europe and the rest of the World, will be missing one hell of a footballer.”

Gordon Strachan: “Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You’d probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb.”

Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who’s the best english player : “Paul Scholes.”

Peter Schmeichel: “People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is, For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed.If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn’t notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level. His reading of the game is unsurpassed.He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen.”

Laurent Blanc: “Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength… all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!”

David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent: “He’s always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me ‘what’s he like’? They respect him as a footballer and see him as the ultimate.”

Glenn Hoddle: “There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere else in the world.”

Terry Venables: “He’s the best one- or two-touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player.”

Alan Shearer: “If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes. He can tackle, and his passing and shooting is of the highest level. He’s the most consistent and naturally gifted player we’ve had for a long, long time.”

Eidur Gudjohnsen: “I’m more an admirer of Paul Scholes than I am of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but he has 10 other great players around him every week…Scholes is one of the most complete footballers I’ve ever seen. His one-touch play is phenomenal. Whenever I have played against him, I never felt I could get close to him.”

Micah Richards: “He’s always in the right position, always seems to be at the end of the box when the ball drops in. The complete midfielder – when he’s fit, he’s the best. Some go missing but he’s in the right place at the right time. He’s my favourite player of all-time, unbelievable. If you give him a chance it’s a goal, isn’t it?”

Ronaldo (Brazilian): “He’s the phenomenon.”

Swissh hope you saw Fabregas comment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
hensben:
Imagine that guy saying Lampard just run and run so how did he now get those assist while Scholes that can spray passes like corona virus got 55 assist in 19 seasons.

Chai.

He was busy spraying TOUGH, feverish passes up and down that could kill attackers, like Corona. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:
grin
Tell us their positions in midfield... If it's hazard, we shouldn't judge him with goals cheesy

So you didn't know that Scholes was a DM? grin

This is TOUGH.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
I can't believe I missed out on Scholars Slander?

Hope I'm not too late to shït on the blind albino

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
airmark:

So you didn't know that Scholes was a DM? grin

This is TOUGH.
But you want him to be posting an AM Abi supporting striker and taker of penalties numbers sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:
But you want him to be posting an AM Abi supporting striker and taker of penalties numbers sad

Apart from scoring penalties............Lampard cant do anytin as good as Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:

grin

You fell for it, same way you all fell for those audio love shown to the albino by Zidane and co, but they refused to vote for him for 19yrs to make Fifa best 11 once.

Your albino is a useless CM with 55 assists in 19 seasons. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
obainojazz:
Ask airmark about hidden's unfortunate numbers in the champions league after 15 years of professional football, he will ask you to compare hidden's stat with Ramos. Its a phucking disgrace I tell ya
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
nihilistjnr:
I can't believe I missed out on Scholars Slander?

Hope I'm not too late to shït on the blind albino

So you too know Scholes well. The hype job from the city of Manchester. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Swissh:

Lampard the penalty merchant with 9penalties that season. If stat padding was a person he will be called Lampard. Nothing compared to Fabregas season. Where is melvyn11.
Everyone knows lampard and the only things he is good at. Scoring awof penalties and deflected goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Expert17:

Zinedine Zidane: “My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.”

Zinedine Zidane : “Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation.

Ronaldo (Brazilian): “He’s the phenomenon.”

There's no way these two would ever say such a thing about Scholes with a straight face.

Especially considering how they took the time to comprehensively destroy United home and away when they met in UCL.

Ronaldo went to score a spectacular hattrick in theatre of dreams - he's the real Phenomenon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
eph12:

Ask airmark about hidden's unfortunate numbers in the champions league after 15 years of professional football, he will ask you to compare hidden's stat with Ramos. Its a phucking disgrace I tell ya

Your Scholes couldn't score well and couldn't assist well in epl. What kind of useless, carry-along midfielder would be waiting for others to help him for 19 seasons?

If his poor assists was due to him being an albino and could give sight issues excuse, why was De bruyne able to have impressive assists stats? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
nihilistjnr:

There's no way these two would ever say such a thing about Scholes with a straight face.

Especially considering how they took the time to comprehensively destroy United home and away when they met in UCL.

Ronaldo went to score a spectacular hattrick in theatre of dreams - he's the real Phenomenon.

Well, It was from them, .... Beating Man utd doesn't change the fact Paul schooles is Phenomenon........

Barcelona as a club, ... Teach their Midfielders to play like Paul scholes....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7730) (7731) (7732) (7733) (7734) (7735) (7736) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.