Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8894668 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8165) (8166) (8167) (8168) (8169) (8170) (8171) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Coinvision: 11:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Expert17:

Matic go where?

Mctominay and Fred can't even bench him.

Was Michael Carrick slowing us down?

Retire Matic

Fred would bench him perfectly. Fred works more than Matic 100%

Carrick didn't slow us down because we had a very perfect team them in Ferguson Era.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Coinvision: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2020
eph12:

That means the errors won't come in the first minutes, until maybe 2nd half. Brilliant. Has to be trolling
Bro are you always praying for errors? cheesy

Errors won't come bro. Bruno and grealish would have already done a very dirty job on the opposition to neutralize any threats from them. Trust me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Coinvision: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Allowing Martial and Rashford share the left position is a very good idea.

Take a look at mancity, Sterling will start a game and Mahrez would be on the bench.

That's exactly the kind of squad depth we need at Man Utd.

Lingard, Peirrea and Mata would beg to leave Man Utd before you know it, as there would be no room for them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2020
afrodoc:

Regarding the Neves vs Partey issue, you can watch full games of Wolves without noticing Neves defensively apart from his long range shots and passes. With Partey you notice him instantly, he still stands out despite ATM's community defending whereas Neves just blends in with his team.

Also Partey is better suited than Neves to cover the spaces that would be left by Bruno and Pogba. When i thought Pogba was leaving Neves made more sense, not so much any longer.

And yes, GET SANCHO, et pereat mundus.

Alright,that's good..I'd try to watch ATM games when next I have d chance to do so..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2020
afrodoc:

I think you mean 1 more than City and 3 more than Liverpool.

The defence has not been terrible. Our priorities should be a RW, capable deputies for Bruno/Pogba, and then a 1st team CB. When Ighalo goes in Jan we can get another cheap short term CF.

With Sancho, VDB, Partey, and a CB we should be able to put up a good title challenge next season. The current players have to continue to improve and stay fit though.

Lol, my bad yeah, I mean 1 and 3 more than city and Liverpool respectively.
My thoughts too, I think we are going overboard with the defence thing. Yes this our defence is no where near Rio/Vidic level, but I can remember from the top of my head matches where Rio had an absolute stinker, eg The manchester derby that Owen scored a Fergie time winner, there are a lot more. Vidic also. But we fans tends to slaughter our current defenders for a simple nutmeg, something even VVD undergo steady.

Like you said. Sancho a RW is a must, I think one of VDB or Partey will do. I prefer VDB, he is more versatile and attack minded. For the CB Bailly needs to stay fit, and we need to send Tuanzebe to loan again. Mengi and TFM and a new CB will all serve as options. For a CF.
I dont know why we are not going for Cavani, every team, needs that veteran CF to pop in with important goals at crucial times. Drogba in 2012 did not score up to 10 league goals, look at Giroud this season, look at Llorente at spurs last season. Look at Zlatan this season at milan. We need an experienced CF. We also need to push for the title next season, I have this feeling that both City and Liverpool or anyone else will not exceed 90 points next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Expert17:

grin grin

Even Phil Jones made 0 error leading to goal last season, he should play with Maguire next season

Lol. So who do you want as our keeper next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
dubylhover:

If ogs wants to keep up with this pattern of one defensive midfielder behind pogba and Bruno,another option we should try to look at is benaccer of Milan, from nations cup I've been observing him..and right now in this Milan resurgence,he's a very key part..

hes like a younger version of matic..highly press resistant,can pick up passes in between lines..has good tactical positioning to cut out opposition passes.does his job very well..

The reason I'm not all sold on ndidi is his passing range and play in tight spaces..cos that cdm role is not just about marking and work rate,you need to also have football intelligence to know how to block passing lanes of opposition attack,that to me is matic best quality self.but then my first choice still remains Ruben neves,but benaccer also has those qualities.I think he's being slept on

You nailed it. That's what we fail to understand about Matic. My God, that guy called Matic is a baller, apart from sitting at the DM base, he is able to find defence splitting passes and intercept opposition attack attack without breaking a sweat. That's the kind of CDM we should be looking at not just the running and running and tackling type. Our play needs a DM in the mould of Matic, Busquet and Carrick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
patrickmuf:
See rubbish...

I think yaba left has let a patient escape again

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Coinvision:
We need a squad like this.

We honestly need to Drop Martial and Matic. They don't look convincing at all..

Any formation without Martial should be thrown to the bottomless pit

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Man shitty and their lowkey signings sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Coinvision:

Which kind midfield be this??

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Zabiboy: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2020

I dont know and i dont care if i'm the only one thinking this way BUT
I dont think we need sancho
Honestly....C'mon man...the young dude has played just one season..
I would prefer a left footer for that RW
Someone like D costa( already old tho) B Silva/Mahrez( i know we cant sign them), Sane( already taken), K coman( injury prone)....
This Sancho and grealish are too overhyped...
There are far better Quality and cheaper options we can explore...but NO...we always like wasting money on hyped players..
Go to clubs like Atalanta, Lyon, Real Sociedad, Lazio, Lille, RB Leipzig, Monchengladbach e.t.c
These are attacking clubs...their palyers are not hyped but they play good football
For defenders, Go to Spain and pick good defenders that are not talked about but deliver
My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sulele04(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
Zabiboy:

Someone like D costa( already old tho) B Silva/Mahrez( i know we cant sign them), Sane( already taken), K coman( injury prone)....
There are far better Quality and cheaper options we can explore...but NO...we always like wasting money on hyped players..
Go to clubs like Atalanta, Lyon, Real Sociedad, Lazio, Lille, RB Leipzig, Monchengladbach e.t.c
These are attacking clubs...their palyers are not hyped but they play good football
For defenders, Go to Spain and pick good defenders that are not talked about but deliver
My opinion tho

my brother sef is in shock.
omo nah only pensioners una fit afford oh honestly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
obonujoker:
This isn’t a dig. I’m looking for someone to give me a genuine, constructive answer.

Mourinho’s ‘boring’ United in 17/18 scored more league goals than Ole’s ‘attacking’ reds in both 18/19 & 19/20.

How?
Larride, this you true?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Larride, this you true?

You are not serious.

Mou ship has long sailed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
larride:

You are not serious.

Mou ship has long sailed.
I know the ship has sailed.

Talk to me, I'm your man.

What I quoted, is it true?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Pep no dey joke ..

41M for Nathan Ake, good deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
grin

A Moniker popped up. dropped a bizarre Lineup for United next Season. I so felt like hacking him until I checked his Moniker again.

Oh Confusion?! He's indeed confused.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
Zabiboy:

My opinion tho
Grealish at £80m is not happening. he can't even make the first eleven as it is. @ circa £45m maybe, he'd be a good squad addition subject to the size of purse made available to OGS. I'd not jump at his addition and also not play it down.

Sancho, on the other hand, is some statement-of-intent signing. United want the move, the lad wants the move, there's no better alternative. Woodward should go out there and negotiate properly. couldn't care less how much is paid.
Kingsley Coman is talented but he's an Owen. another thar can be a good squad player when fit but how does that help us? I wouldn't pay more than £20m with £80k salary.

the right wing player Man City just signed was a very good deal. the guy was on his last year though so maybe. if we totally ignored deals like that, then there must have been some sort of assurance elsewhere. at least that's my hope.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
Skimpledawg:

I know the ship has sailed.

Talk to me, I'm your man.

What I quoted, is it true?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

A Moniker popped up. dropped a bizarre Lineup for United next Season. I so felt like hacking him until I checked his Moniker again.

Oh Confusion?! He's indeed confused.
Confusion break Bone grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Coinvision:

Whoever that made this does not watch Manchester United matches. It’s LiveScore.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
CapitalCee:

You nailed it. That's what we fail to understand about Matic. My God, that guy called Matic is a baller, apart from sitting at the DM base, he is able to find defence splitting passes and intercept opposition attack attack without breaking a sweat. That's the kind of CDM we should be looking at not just the running and running and tackling type. Our play needs a DM in the mould of Matic, Busquet and Carrick.

Gbamsolutely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
KingTom:

Confusion break Bone grin grin

Local Man thinks it's PES Game..... LMAO!
Pogba as a DM and one overrated LW as a MF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
grin

Pep and Trump have something in common, building Defence (Wall) at all costs.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
Coinvision:

That midfield is DOA. Is defending a thing to you at all?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
I hate this club's transfer policy/strategy.

We will get linked to everyone and drag transfers till two weeks to the end of the transfer window and then sign only two players and even overpay for them.

What is Woodward still doing handling transfers in 2020 for goodness sake?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lana1:

We will get linked to everyone and drag transfers till two weeks to the end of the transfer window and then sign only two players and even overpay for them.

It's very annoying really. See how the likes of Man. City and Chelsea do their deals without anyone noticing but Woodward would rather drag things until the last day.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
Coinvision:

This line up is only good against small teams but against big teams, we will be defeated. You can't use Pogba as a Defensive player

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Oasis007:

Local Man thinks it's PES Game..... LMAO!
Pogba as a DM and one overrated LW as a MF.
Calamity shall befall anyone who deploys that lineup grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lana1:

It is very annoying.
Why cant we sign players before the end of season
Why must all our potential transfer be all over the air?
Why can't we sign outstanding players for a cheap
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
KingTom:

Calamity shall befall anyone who deploys that lineup grin grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8165) (8166) (8167) (8168) (8169) (8170) (8171) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.