Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,958 members, 7,896,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 03:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8967958 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8244) (8245) (8246) (8247) (8248) (8249) (8250) ... (14266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
We can criticize the players, troll them, but can't question the coach. Issorite

Let me hear any lamentations about Maguire, AWB and co tomorrow

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
ChristineC:
it is fairly easy to forget the journey so far. if for nothing, Ole has made big strides in sanitizing the quality of playing staff for Manchester United. he has laid off 9 first team players in less than 2 years, the same players many fans wanted gone. that's almost a full squad and we still see there's quality yet needed. the few left are perhaps Jones (perhaps unbuyable) and Pereira because I suspect Mata will join coaching staff in some capacity.
the management lost their way, it will take some time and patience and there's probably still need for a director of football to make some processes seamless.
Ole ultimately may or may not be the guy to return the titles, yet I don't think he's getting the credit he deserves from the press, and especially from fans of the club.
Exactly, Ole has clearly steadied the gigantic ship that is Man utd and we all can clearly see that this team is making the best progress and playing some exciting football [albeit still inconsistent] since Fergie era. Ole might not be a world-class tactician but the work he's done so far is underrated. Lemme still remind others to get ready for some bumpy ride ahead as we're still a work in progress and we'll get to the promise land soon hopefully.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
eph12:
We can criticize the players, troll them, but can't question the coach. Issorite

Make OLE just do any rubbish tomorrow first.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
UCL draws group D:

Bayern
United
Atalanta
FC Porto

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Expert17:

Make OLE just do any rubbish tomorrow first.

Lmao I'm not interested in them sacking OGS unless there's a coach in the mould of Klopp, Nagelsmann, available. If not na just short term patch we wan do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
eph12:

Question the coach all you want, but don’t let folks that have been butthurt ever since he was hired make it seem like he hasn’t done anything at all.

No need repeating everything. Check ChristineC’s post.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Question the coach all you want, but don’t let folks that have been butthurt ever since he was hired make it seem like he hasn’t done anything at all.

No need repeating everything. Check ChristineC’s post.
Those players have also done a lot for the team since they were hired. I'm fully aware of what has happened since he joined the club. Those ready to throw the players under the bus, are they aware of what the players have done?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ok lemme drop this....
'I need to be much, much better' - Fernandes not ready to accept Eric Cantona comparisons.
Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes says that he is thrilled to be compared to club legend Eric Cantona, but the Portuguese midfielder admitted that he has plenty of work to do to truly earn the right to be held up alongside the former French forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fenandez said: "For me it's really good to listen, talking about those names, but really for me, Cantona was an amazing player for the club," he said.
"I need to do much, much, much better to be compared with him. Like the coach said,[we want] to win some trophies and I will be happy this season if we win the Europa League."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Although you guys have probably seen this but lemme still drop it here... 'Absolutely brilliant' Bayern are setting the standard, says Solskjaer.

"We watched it of course and I have to say Bayern Munich are setting the standard at the moment, throughout the season really," Solskjaer told reporters ahead of United's Europa League semi-final against Sevilla on Sunday.
"The new coach came in and they've been absolutely brilliant. Aggressive, pressing, their recovery runs, technically adept, it was a top, top class performance by a top team."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lana1:
UCL draws group D:

Bayern
United
Atalanta
FC Porto

grin grin

We go just jejely carry 3rd then play our normal Europa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
GloryIsaac:
United brought in Moyes, based on Fergie’s preference. Man thought he could sign Messi because he’s United’s manager.
Successfully convinced Kroos to join next season but didn’t live to see next season as a United coach.

Brought in Van Gaal after the man took Holland to 3rd place in World Cup. Van Gaal cancelled the Kroos transfer. Brought his own crop.
Sacked after winning FA Cup.

Brought in Mourinho (with his CV). Man went for mercenaries. Won the UEL. Rebellion.
Sacked him.

Board gets tired of running in circles, and decides to go with a relatively new strategy, but you still expect them to go back to their previous strategy BeCauSe iT wOrKs fOr oThEr cLuBs..

It’s easy to spill when you’re not the one in charge.
van gaal thank you for canceling Kroos deal. He has been massive for us in Madrid cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
nitrogen:

So Woodie should be blamed for our performances? What are you smoking brah?

See below Woodie's signings since 2014. 1 billion pounds spent on players since 2013/2014. Most of the players were performing really well before they joined United. So, why are you blaming him for the club's failures, he is trying o, abeg.

Paul Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ángel Di María, Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind, Falcao, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic, Victor Lindelöf, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Daniel James, Anthony Martial, Morgan Schneiderlin, Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sergio Romero, Alexis Sanchez, Fred, Diogo Dalot, Lee Grant, Marouane Fellaini, Bruno Fernandes

You wrote Ibrahimovic twice
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
Concerning Sevilla our opponents tomorrow, Ole has this to say: "They're a good, very well organised team, aggressive style of play, pressing, they've got some very good individuals there," he added.
"We have to play our best game, keep the ball when we can, play out of their press, we've got to be clever, creative and step up in big moments.
"The last pass is the finish. These games will be decided so often on either a set-piece or piece of individual brilliance by some players."

Hmmm...Interesting last paragraph from Ole here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
afrodoc2:

Kovac was not highly rated. His appointment was not welcomed by everyone. He did an okay/decent job at Frankfurt that is all.
There is no comparison between the hype of AVB and the hype of Kovac, exactly because Kovac had no hype.
Maybe you should ask A40 and Dayo or anybody who follows the league closely.

P.S And how does his performance at Frankfurt change my original statement which was that he was clueless at Bayern?
Kovac na normal Bayern alumni parapo. His shock win vs Bayern also had us optimistic as we felt he would wean us off the tiki taka dependency. The idea was he could take us to play like Jupp's Bayern

However we quickly came to realize this man no get any pattern and his cup win na just smash and grab like Roberto Martinez take do City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
eph12:

Na wetin Dey always burst my brain be this. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Also another interesting quote from Fernandez about Ole: “The coach, all the time, speaks to me to do my game and what I already did in Sporting to have the same confidence, try the same things, improve. When you have that voice to do your own thing it's easy for you.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Expert17:

True.

But the same Kovac was doing well at Eintracht Frankfurt, just like this Leipzig coach.
Nagelsmann vs Kovac is night and day. I know Kovac won a trophy but in terms of style of play e no close at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
handelex:
Although you guys have probably seen this but lemme still drop it here... 'Absolutely brilliant' Bayern are setting the standard, says Solskjaer.

"We watched it of course and I have to say Bayern Munich are setting the standard at the moment, throughout the season really," Solskjaer told reporters ahead of United's Europa League semi-final against Sevilla on Sunday.
"The new coach came in and they've been absolutely brilliant. Aggressive, pressing, their recovery runs, technically adept, it was a top, top class performance by a top team."
Hmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
A40:
Kovac na normal Bayern alumni parapo. His shock win vs Bayern also had us optimistic as we felt he would wean us off the tiki taka dependency. The idea was he could take us to play like Jupp's Bayern

However we quickly came to realize this man no get any pattern and his cup win na just smash and grab like Roberto Martinez take do City

Na why i talk say Expert wasn't following the league closely. Juve under Sarri remind me of Kovac's Bayern. Play ball up and down until your superior individual players make the difference.......zero pattern.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
A40:
Nagelsmann vs Kovac is night and day. I know Kovac won a trophy but in terms of style of play e no close at all

True.

That's why I don't buy the idea of signing any available coach that is doing wonders at small club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
eph12:
Hmm
Don't @ me abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Probably fatigue , as a coach i won’t drop rash i can only sub him around 60mins of play...
Expert17:

Someone that was playing well before the injury and then suddenly dropped after the injury.....that should tell us that something is wrong somewhere. ( Scared of getting injured again,leading to lack of confidence to do his normal stuffs OR not fully recovered)

OLE rushed him, should have introduce him gradually into the starting 11..... I hope he can get enough rest after our Europa league campaign and return with more fire next season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
eph12:

We didn't finish higher than 66 points because of our results against smaller teams. We did fairly well against big teams. We played counter attacking football
some individual players cost us point look wolves v Man Utd pogba lost penalty also against Southampton he act like eyimba fc player for that penalty he gift dem the goal. Well on ole if he doesn’t change tactics and start dominating small teams then he need to be sacked and he must pass semis tomorrow. We spent a lot to still be dragging with Copenhagen and leicester
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
dammywapes:
some individual players cost us point look wolves v Man Utd pogba lost penalty also against Southampton he act like eyimba fc player for that penalty he gift dem the goal. Well on ole if he doesn’t change tactics and start dominating small teams then he need to be sacked and he must pass semis tomorrow. We spent a lot to still be dragging with Copenhagen and leicester

By 2030, OLE will finish the building
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
dammywapes:
My point

We have above average players in defense, midfield and attack. It should show. If it was working before and it's not working now, it's the coach responsibility to look at the situation and react to it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
handelex:
Don't @ me abeg.
No vex. Ole in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Up Man U
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
I don't know what we are building for 7 good years.

Glazers, Woodward, Coaches (Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose, Ole) and the players should share the blame......

---Man City started rebuilding 2008, they won the league 2011/2012,
---PSG started building 2010, Juventus, Chelsea,

---Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool was set and ready after 2 seasons.

When this building go end after spending this high.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Expert17:

By 2030, OLE will finish the building
grin grin

Honourable Minister, we go tell you to off your mic soon o.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
nitrogen:

Honourable Minister, we go tell you to off your mic soon o.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
Panther7:
AWB that was once a winger kor? How come he is so clueless on the ball?
Have you ever since bissaka play às a winger before ??
Abi na at the age of 14, you wan take judge?
I have seen Davies play as a winger in this current Bayern team, he played as a winger in America before he came to Bayern.
Lemme me ask you something, if Chong was to play as a full back will he take on players successfully?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8244) (8245) (8246) (8247) (8248) (8249) (8250) ... (14266) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Joebayo217 and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.