Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,310 members, 7,887,912 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8866) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8935032 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) (8868) (8869) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. - George Santayana

We can't just stop signing players that are under Raiola.

He is the biggest agent right now in football and we should expect great talent to work with him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
Nice, only change I will make is Tuanzebe instead of Lindelof to deal with Auba if he escapes AWB...

Yeah that is a good call. I would do that as well but not sure of the fitness of Cavani or Tuanzebe. Everybody fit i might actually prefer Cavani to start as well with Greenwood off the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
If I wasn't a Manchester United fan, I know I would never like the sight of Fred and McTominay...Those two will make you forget your pattern and start playing rubbish...McTominay is a thug... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
eph12:

He is hardly consistent enough. If only he was strong on the ball like Mane

Everybody know say Martial na network na. Sometimes MTN, sometimes Glo.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
I'll take off one of Cavani or Greenwood for Pogba just so we have firepower on the bench should we be losing going into the 2nd half.

Also, I will start Tuanzebe over Lindelof to deal with the searing pace of Aubameyang...

Aubameyang plays from the left, so AWB will do the Lord's work.

For now, we should keep Pogba out of the starting 11.

We have to start with Greenwood and Cavani, no time for experiment , that was the mistake we made against Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
GloryIsaac:

That match is unpredictable because it seems that both managers set up their team and lineup based on the opposition's tactics.

However, the likely weak link in the Arsenal backline (If they use 4 defenders) is Gabriel because of his style of play, but he's a huge threat from set-pieces.

AWB should have Auba in his pocket hopefully. Not sure about Shaw against Willian.

United's midfield is stronger, so that battle should be easily won.

I think OGS will approach that game same way he’s approached games since the international break. He’ll put out a balanced team suitable for either counter or possession-based football then make the most of his subs.

I’d like to see Matic start because I think Arsenal will give us enough space to build from the back. Greenwood should also start. Arteta will park bus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
I'll take off one of Cavani or Greenwood for Pogba just so we have firepower on the bench should we be losing going into the 2nd half.

Also, I will start Tuanzebe over Lindelof to deal with the searing pace of Aubameyang...
Pogba should come from the bench. He has the ability to change the game. Him and Greenwood
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
Expert17:

Aubameyang plays from the left, so AWB will do the Lord's work.

For now, we should keep Pogba out of the starting 11.

We have to start with Greenwood and Cavani, no time for experiment , that was the mistake we made against Chelsea.

Pogba played very well in 4 - 4 - 2 formation against Leipzig...You should be fair in your criticism of the lad...

Starting Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood will see Ole left with no guaranteed goal scoring option on the bench and for Football, you don't play all your cards at once...If we are losing, you don't expect our first point of call to be Pogba, VDB and Mata even though they pose a certain degree of threat...

Against Chelsea, the mistake Ole made was starting James and Mata...Replace them with VDB and Greenwood and we would have been far more threatening...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
Expert17:

For the remainder of this season, we should stick with:

RW
===
Greenwood
Mata

LW
===
Rashford
Martial
James

CF
===
Rashford
Cavani
Ighalo

Comot James abeg and Ighalo...Those ones are Caraboa cup materials...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
If Arsenal will go the usual 3 at the back. I will prefer Cavani to lead the line.

Wait I thought Everton is our next match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Expert17:

We can't just stop signing players that are under Raiola.

He is the biggest agent right now in football and we should expect great talent to work with him.

Raiola has done United dirty. If they keep dealing with him, expect more drama. It'll never end.

Pogba rumors are calm now simply because he isn't the focal point again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
larride:
If Arsenal will go the usual 3 at the back. I will prefer Cavani to lead the line.

After Arsenal...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
I am quite certain that Arteta will start with 3 at the back (Luiz, Gabriel and Tierney) flanked by 2 wing backs (Bellerin and AMN)...He'll as well park the midfield and hope to catch us on the break.

I just hope Ole starts Tuanzebe to deal with the pace of Aubameyang if he breaks free...

I don't think Gabriel will be the weak link o! That guy has looked very good since he joined Arsenal.

I am confident of our chances especially if our 2 destroyers start... grin grin grin

In the absence of Martial, it will be interesting to see who Ole starts alongside Rashford...Cavani or Greenwood?

Whatever OGS sets up will need 3 defenders at the back, and 2 wingbacks. In that case, McTom will have to play as the 3rd CB, while Fred does the roaming.

Gabriel overlaps a lot, and that's something Rashford loves, because there'll be space to exploit. Luiz definitely can't keep up with Rashford if he [Rashford} gets past Gabriel's overlapping play.

OGS will most likely start Rashford and Greenwood upfront, first for Rashford's pace and secondly, for Greenwood's deadly finishing ability. Cavani needs mates who can cross the ball from deep, something we seem to lack in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Beorn: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
I am quite certain that Arteta will start with 3 at the back (Luiz, Gabriel and Tierney) flanked by 2 wing backs (Bellerin and AMN)...He'll as well park the midfield and hope to catch us on the break.

I just hope Ole starts Tuanzebe to deal with the pace of Aubameyang if he breaks free...

I don't think Gabriel will be the weak link o! That guy has looked very good since he joined Arsenal.

I am confident of our chances especially if our 2 destroyers start... grin grin grin

In the absence of Martial, it will be interesting to see who Ole starts alongside Rashford...Cavani or Greenwood?

Luiz is injured. He won't start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Leyqute:

I think OGS will approach that game same way he’s approached games since the international break. He’ll put out a balanced team suitable for either counter or possession-based football then make the most of his subs.

I’d like to see Matic start because I think Arsenal will give us enough space to build from the back. Greenwood should also start. Arteta will park bus.

True. Matic might play in place of McTom. OGS has been on about how McTom needs rest etc.

VDB obviously will be the best sub option against Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
larride:

Cavani needs mates who can cross the ball well. Our FBs aren't quite good at that. AWB tries though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ennyjay72(m): 5:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Played your Strongest squad to park bus against James and Mata??

You only managed one shot on Target
United talking about parking bus against big teams,the fucking irony grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
airmark:

United and Chelsea were cautious in their approach and Evra was spot on.

Barring unforeseen circumstances Chelsea players must have gelled by the time we face your team.

Ziyech to the right, Pulisic to the left, United will die before half time .
IFF Lampard will use his sense and come out to play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
nitrogen:

We left it really late in that game. Anyway, I am still enjoying the victories abeg. Hopefully, things continue like this.

If OGS doesn’t stay put for thunder to fire him, na iron go hit am o.

Meanwhile, Pogba thrives when we play 4-3-3 or another formation, not 4-2-3-1. More so, OGS should please continue with this his new found love (flexibility), we have had enough of playing same squad and same formation.
grin
OGS jazzman don dey work wonders
One major difference I am seeing is this team is a fight for the shirt and also strict competition

Pogba played like " I gats dey that team against Arsenal" grin

Ole don dey take tactical classes Las Las

I just hope we continue with this momentum, the league is still very open

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
benji93:
Na the height difference transform enter energy tank. cheesy.
You are very right

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Meanwhile Upamecano quietly served a disasterclass in the 2nd half of last night's game. I read an article from a Bundesliga journalist last season in which he suggested that Konate was the better defender though less lauded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
Beorn:

Luiz is injured. He won't start.
Mustafi... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
hensben:
Na u get Real Madrid? You ought to know Hazard has been struggling with injury since his move Or na hatred Dey worry you.

Melvyn11
Melvyn11:

Nigga keep shut. This was you talking about Neymar and his injury. The more you talk about hazard getting injured the more stupid and hypocritical you sound. Typing useless Shalayes to defend a fraud

hensben:
Get that into your score. Btw, how is that anybody’s problem if Neymar Hazard got injured.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
hensben:
At least, Hazard was not known as injury prone until now.

This below

hensben:
Get that into your score. Btw, how is that anybody’s problem if Neymar Hazard got injured.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
timay:

For a young guy, Nagelsmann is an impressive coach, I'll also admit that.

But his style of play of highline is very dangerous o. With a lot of defensively disciplined sides in the EPL who knows how to counter, they will conceed a lot of goals. If he can learn to be flexible and not grow to become a purist mindset like Pep, he'll go far.

You know Pep and Klopp who won the last 3 EPL titles play a very high line
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
DAN SHOULD BE MIDDLE MAN Ryan Giggs tips Man Utd to get the best out of Daniel James by handing him the No10 role, - The Sun
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Una go just carry argument and bottles from una thread come this thread. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
patrickmuf:
Mustafi... grin grin grin

Rashford will feast on this one loooool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
CapitalCee:
DAN SHOULD BE MIDDLE MAN Ryan Giggs tips Man Utd to get the best out of Daniel James by handing him the No10 role, - The Sun

He should also be allowed to partner Maguire at the back so we can get the best out of him.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
raumdeuter:

Melvyn11

Hensben is just confusing me. When Neymar was injured and missing champions league matches for psg he didn't give Neymar the benefits of doubt. He called Neymar a flop but now that his darling Hazard is in the same predicament he won't stop using injury as an excuse. Hensben come and Carry your fraud away from my club.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
CapitalCee:

It's as if Giggs is high on cracks.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
CapitalCee:

No 10 position na brain work o, James dull.

He should try his luck at RB, just like Antonio Valencia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) (8868) (8869) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, Englishisamust, afrodoc2, adexeli(m), dostr4(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.