Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8895436 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) (8986) (8987) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karleb:

For argument purposes, do you believe (or agree) that Messi (or Ronaldo) would win a Ballon d'or if he played for Athletico Madrid for 4 years at his prime?

I really don't know where you are dragging this thing to...

Someone said Ronaldo outscored Messi in Spain and I corrected him that he did not pointing to the fact that from when Ronaldo joined Madrid until he left, Messi outscored him but you came in and said Messi started his career in Spain in a bid to say he had an advantage but again, I drew you attention to the fact that from when Ronaldo who was entering his prime joined Madrid all through his stay, Messi still outscored him...I went further to state that Ronaldo's record wouldn't be so fantastic if he started out at Madrid and it's true...Do you how Messi stat would've looked like if he joined Barcelona as an accomplished player at 23 or thereabout? It would have been crazy as he'd have scored way more goals compared to his appearances...but again, you replied that Messi benefited from playing with big players and in a big team but when I drew your attention to the fact that Sporting are no pushover in Portugal and had some of the best players in the league playing for them you are back asking me this question...

Guy, Messi was hardly ever a regular in the first 2 years of his break through and that was because there was a certain Guily in Barcelona. Do you know those late sub ins affects a players goal to game ratio? Or you think if Ronaldo was a Madrid product he'd just come in and send Robben and co to the bench as a teenager? He would have had minutes mostly off the bench which would have affected his goal to game ratio...It's a fact...

That Messi is less than 40 goals behind Ronaldo who is 2 years older points to his goal scoring prowess...Do you know that if you compared the number of goals per minutes played between the two, you'd start questioning why Ronaldo is referred to as a goal machine and not Messi who statically is the better scorer...If I stretch the argument further into assist, dribbling, close control etc. You'd be forced to tender an apology for daring to undermine the Argentine maestro...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Melvyn11: 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Neymar1095:

Biggest fraud of the 21st century. No wonder since the decline of Iniesta and Xavi Barca has been getting disgraced regularly in the Champions league.
All Messi does in the Champions league is stat pad in the group stage and Round of 16. His goal record from the quarter final to final stage is poverty stricken so I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
International break why? cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
This thread has been littered with nonsense and baseless arguments. I thought that was what the Chelsea thread was meant for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
elrony:
International break why? cry cry cry
I just tire. I sincerely feel like using a water pipe with very high pressure to flush these intruders out of this thread.

The most annoying thing is that the points most of them are bringing up to support their argument doesn't even make sense

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Melvyn11:

All Messi does in the Champions league is stat pad in the group stage and Round of 16. His goal record from the quarter final to final stage is poverty stricken so I am not surprised.
Lmao

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
This thread has been littered with nonsense and baseless arguments. I thought that was what the Chelsea thread was meant for?

The recent discussions here brought a breath of fresh air.. Not everytime #OleIn gang vs #OleOut gang
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
I wonder what those who said Lekki Massacre was a plot have to say now.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ericbertrand(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

Lol..
Bro I need to ask you something pls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
odizeey:
I wonder what those who said Lekki Massacre was a plot have to say now.

Currently cooking another set of lies to counter evidence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
timay:

Currently cooking another set of lies to counter evidence
Inside life. ; smiley This government is steady given its enablers and supporters a hard work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
odizeey:

Inside life. ; smiley This government is steady given its enablers and supporters a hard work.

Set of lowlifes grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
timay:

Set of lowlifes grin grin
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

The recent discussions here brought a breath of fresh air.. Not everytime #OleIn gang vs #OleOut gang
Yadayadayada.. Aren't you a Chelsea fan? So your thread doesn't need fresh air? Go and discuss rubbish and bring fresh air to your thread na. As far as I am concerned, you guys are derailing and the mods need to come and clear all of you and your silly posts out of here.

Ole is the manager of Manchester United FC and this is the Manchester United fans thread. We can discuss Ole as many times as we like.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
patrickmuf:

For the time spent in Spain, Messi outscored him.

Just to point it out, Ronaldo is 2 years older than Messi so, for Messi to be a couple of goals off his overall career total whilst having more assist shows you how great a player he is...

Prove it, Ronaldo had more best goal ratio for the time spent in the Laliga, that should tell you something. bring out their stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

Donnarumma is just starting. If he retires today nobody will rate him above Sebastian Frey dem.

He should check back in 5 yrs.

I agree, but he is no push over among5his peers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
randomperson:

1. I see you are not very smart. How can anyone say Ronaldo's goal tally was just slightly higher. In man utd, he scored an average of 5 goals in the UCL per season. At madrid, he scored an average of 11.6 per season.

That's more than double his average at man utd but according to you, his goal tally was just slightly higher. It's obvious you dont know maths.

2. Real madrid won the la liga two out of the three seasons before ronaldo joined. The three seasons after Ronaldo joined they won, they only won once.

And it was not Ronaldo that improved them in champions league because the season he joined they were eliminated by ordinary Lyon in the round of 16. It was after Mourinho came that they started making the semifinals.

Ronaldo was there for 4 years without winning the champions league until they added bale and modric and they won four UCLs in five years.

Those are the facts. Your propaganda has failed.

3. It's incredibly foolish of you to compare the goal average of someone who played his whole career, including his teenage years in a league to someone who only played in the league during his prime.

Salah has a better goal per match average than Ronaldo in the EPL, does it mean Salah is better than Ronaldo?

4. I'm not saying no one gives Ronaldo goat shouts, but you cannot compare it to Messi's. You even have Ronaldo's former teammates and man utd legends call Messi the goat. Rooney, Scholes and David Beckham all recognize Messi as the better and greater player.

This is a link of legends choosing between the two:

https://www.givemesport.com/1559110-football-legends-who-have-chosen-between-cristiano-ronaldo-and-lionel-messi?amp

Here is another link of Peter crouch asking past and current EPL players to choose between them:

https://www.givemesport.com/1559110-football-legends-who-have-chosen-between-cristiano-ronaldo-and-lionel-messi?amp

If even EPL players can choose Messi over Ronaldo, then the truth is in front of you but you cannot admit it because of sentiments.

And that's completely okay, we will admit it for you grin

Which truth, as for me and my family a serial bottler and loser can never be my goat tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
Yadayadayada.. Aren't you a Chelsea fan? So your thread doesn't need fresh air? Go and discuss rubbish and bring fresh air to your thread na. As far as I am concerned, you guys are derailing and the mods need to come and clear all of you and your silly posts out of here.

Ole is the manager of Manchester United FC and this is the Manchester United fans thread. We can discuss Ole as many times as we like.

Is that all?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
schurley:

Prove it, Ronaldo had more best goal ratio for the time spent in the Laliga, that should tell you something. bring out their stats.
The records are there, check it up yourself...

I am done with this...What is it sef? Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by schurley(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
patrickmuf:
The records are there, check it up yourself...

I am done with this...What is it sef? Lol

Ronaldo
Overall goals: 450 goals, 438 games,
Games - Goals ratio: 1.02

Messi
Overall goals: 472 goals, 477 games,
Games - Goals ratio: 0.98

What eles?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Everyday we get a new telez covid news.. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
muki.na2, Mynd.44 this dude and his cronies are derailing.

Class monitor, u can do better than that.. Tag Seun join cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

Class monitor, u can do better than that.. Tag Seun join cheesy cheesy

k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Messi na werey oo cheesy cheesy

UCL goals

CR7 130 goals on 170 games

Messi 115 goals in 143 games

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
#OleOUT
#PogbaOUT
#LazyMartialOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
schurley:

Ronaldo

Messi

What eles?

thank God Ronaldo moved to la liga if not, that's how pipo would have thought what Messi is doing nobody can do it

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
Be specific man. Goal to game or Goal to minutes played. Also please if you want to talk about goal to anything, it should be for the entire period they competed in the same league.
schurley:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
#OleOUT

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
Yes, your head dey there. cheesy grin. Ronaldo has a slightly better goal to game ratio. Now, look at the assists. Don't ignore it.
schurley:

Ronaldo

Messi

What eles?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Expert17:
Messi na werey oo cheesy cheesy

UCL goals

CR7 130 goals on 170 games

Messi 115 goals in 143 games

This is valid. But the comparison is about when they were both in spain.

UCL

Ronaldo

Games 101
Goals 105
Assists. 27

Messi

Games. 92
Goals. 83
Assists. 20

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) (8986) (8987) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.