Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,566 members, 7,941,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9124649 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (14359) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mr_TA: Dembele looked head and shoulders above our midfield by some distance.

fans said that about mulumbu, yaya toure, coquelin, van der vaart, etc last season when they all lost to ando/clev....if i post the stats, you would recoil. the only problem we had today was the defence and fergie's daft substitutions just before the 70th minute! when kagawa left, the energy left with him, the man in the hole didn't just do any pressing at all leaving ando/clev outnumbered by fulham defenders. where was dembele in the first half and until vidic scored an own goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
Cristalz: @Starboard
Is Young forgiven? grin That was a lovely assist.
Ashley Young signing is a fraudulent one.Interpol needs to investigate all parties involved.
If he can't find an open man in the 18 yard box, I wonder what he's doing at a club like United.
Aside from that, dude did absolutely nothing but drop his shoulder like a hunch back.
coogar:
they mauled dembele - the score line doesn't paint the true picture. the stats would shock you. dembele did well without a doubt but ando/clev edged it for me!
Did we watch the same game?
Please bring the stats lets see which midfielder had the better game.
Dembele kept swatting those two like pesky houseflies.Only poor finishing prevented Fulham from taking maximum advantage of his driving runs.
Anderson played like a baby rhino,just digging up marks on the field and nothing more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
Once again, we do it the hard way. Might as well stop watching our games beyond 60 minutes as we tend to switch off just on the hour mark. If a team shld be winning big, it should be united, but wheneva we get our noses in front the lads just switch off. I think the Dembele hype is just knee-jerk, he was almost invincible when we were dominating possesion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
StarBoard:
Did we watch the same game?
Please bring the stats lets see which midfielder had the better game.
Dembele kept swatting those two like pesky houseflies.Only poor finishing prevented Fulham from taking maximum advantage of his driving runs.
Anderson played like a baby rhino,just digging up marks on the field and nothing more.

Martin Jol said: "We had a good win last week, put playing here is a little bit different to playing at home against Norwich, Even though we scored an early goal we were still not full of confidence, and United played so well in the first half. I thought it might be a really bad day for us. We just couldn't keep up with Tom Cleverley and Anderson but we managed to win the second half 1-0, so it was a game of two totally different halves".

i would post the stats as soon as i power my phone!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
coogar:

Martin Jol said: "We had a good win last week, put playing here is a little bit different to playing at home against Norwich, Even though we scored an early goal we were still not full of confidence, and United played so well in the first half. I thought it might be a really bad day for us. We just couldn't keep up with Tom Cleverley and Anderson but we managed to win the second half 1-0, so it was a game of two totally different halves".

i would post the stats as soon as i power my phone!
You're not even using a computer, yet you're disputing my claims!

Anyway Martin Jol hasn't managed to beat United in like forever.
Why should I Listen to his opinion?
Fact is, Dembele got our boys running like preying mantisses in a newly cut lawn.
Only Kagawa did well of all the guys who featured in the middle; the worst was Ashley Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
StarBoard:
You're not even using a computer, yet you're disputing my claims!

Anyway Martin Jol hasn't managed to beat United in like forever.
Why should I Listen to his opinion?
Fact is, Dembele got our boys running like preying mantisses in a newly cut lawn.
Only Kagawa did well of all Ythe guys who featured in the middle; the worst was Ashley Young.

how dare you diss my nokia 3210?
dembele got the upper hand after kagawa left...rooney came on and forgot his role as the man in the hole to help his midfield duo! sometimes, fergie's subs make no sense at all! we didn't need to take shinji off, his energy kept us buzzing and he was linking well with ando-clev, dropping deep too to get stuck in!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
coogar:

dude is so BITTER !! LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
Rooney out for 4 weeks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
Good thing we have RvP then. Infact we're a little top heavy with strikers so we can afford Rooney's injury at the moment. We really need some defenders back asap though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kristos(m): 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
Chant of the day 'dontcha wish your striker was RVP. Dontcha wish your team has cleverly. Dontcha' classic pussycat dolls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 26, 2012
@coogar,
Nokia 3310 you mean?
No wonder it's taking 91/2 hrs for it to start up! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2012
StarBoard: @coogar,
Nokia 3310 you mean?
hehehehe cheesy cheesy y ar u insulting ManU assit coach?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
StarBoard: @coogar,
Nokia 3310 you mean?

3210!!
the most durable phone on the planet!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
coogar:

3210!!
the most durable phone on the planet!
Yeah bu 18 1/2 hrs later we're still waiting for the stats. . . That Nokia has the micro-computing power of a candle!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2012

our latest acquisition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
StarBoard:
Yeah bu 18 1/2 hrs later we're still waiting for the stats. . . That Nokia has the micro-computing power of a candle!

the stats are ready but i am @ the carnival now dancing alanta with some jamaican bootays! not convenient to post with my nokia.....cleverley and anderson posted 90+% pass completion, dembele posted 98%. i checked the heatmap and i can categorically say it was our weak defence dembele sodomized - not our midfield! when kagawa went off and we conceded the 2nd goal - united went into a panic mode.......martin jol then pushed dembele from his deep position(where he was murdered by ando-clev) into the heart of our defence. he terrorised carrick, evra, rafael and vidic!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
^^^
Be careful . . . Those Jamrock chicks can put a hurt on you . . .
Even before he moved up further the park (after Sidwell was introduced), he bossed proceedings in the middle.His strong driving runs caused problems and Michael Carrick kept forgetting he was deployed as a CB instead of a destroyer and kept trying to track his runs.
Anyway I woulda thought those stats would be ready given your propensity to drop them at the slightest opportunity.
Get rid of that abacus you call a phone and be down with them smart-phones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
For the statisticians
http://www.thebusbybabe.com/2012/8/25/3268246/statistics-post-match-quotes-manchester-united-3-2-fulham-fc#storyjump

MUFC PLAYER STATISTICS

* David de Gea (goalkeeper): 7/8 passing (88%), 2 goals conceded, 5 saves, 1 successful dribble! *what a dribble it was* grin

* Michael Carrick (right-center-back): 63/66 passing (95%), 7/7 long balls, 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 4 clearances, 3 shots blocked, 3 fouls

* Nemanja Vidic (left-center-back): 53/56 passing (95%), 6/7 long balls, 2 tackles, 0 interceptions, 4 clearances, 0 shots blocked, 1 foul

* Rafael (right-back): 69/73 passing (95%), 2 chances created, 0/2 crosses, 0/0 long balls, 6 tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 clearances, 0 shots blocked, 2 fouls, 1 goal

* Patrice Evra (left-back): 58/63 passing (92%), 2 chances created, 1/5 crosses, 3/4 long balls, 2 tackles, 1 interception, 2 clearances, 2 shots blocked, 0 fouls, 1 assist

------------

* Tom Cleverley (central-midfield): 69/76 passing (91%), 1 chance created, 0/2 crosses, 4/6 long balls, 0/1 through balls, 4 tackles, 1 interception, 2 shots (1 on target)

* Anderson (central-midfield | substituted off 81'): 53/56 passing (95%), 0 chances created, 0/0 crosses, 11/11 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 3 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 shots

* Antonio Valencia (right-winger): 46/51 passing (90%), 3 chances created, 2/14 crosses, 0/0 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 1 successful dribble, 1 foul won, 2 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 shot (0 on target)

* Ashley Young (left-winger | substituted off 68'): 47/49 passing (96%), 1 chance created, 1/6 crosses, 3/3 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 0 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 4 shots (1 on target), 1 assist

* Shinji Kagawa (central-attacking-midfielder | substituted off 68'): 42/47 passing (89%), 1 chance created, 0/1 crosses, 1/1 long balls, 0/1 through balls, 1 successful dribble, 0 fouls won, 4 shots (2 on target), 1 goal

* Robin van Persie (striker): 30/33 passing, 3 chances created, 1/5 crosses, 0/1 long balls, 1/1 through balls, 0 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 1 shot (1 on target), 1 goal

------------

* Wayne Rooney (striker | substituted on 68'): 5/6 passing, 1 chance created, 0/0 crosses, 1/1 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 0 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 3 shots (0 on target)

* Danny Welbeck (left-winger | substituted on 68'): 5/6 passing, 1 chance created, 0/0 crosses, 1/1 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 0 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 0 shots

* Ryan Giggs (central-midfield | substituted on 81'): 9/10 passing (90%), 0 chances created, 0/2 crosses, 0/0 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 2 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 shot (0 on target)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
montelik:

* Tom Cleverley (central-midfield): 69/76 passing (91%), 1 chance created, 0/2 crosses, 4/6 long balls, 0/1 through balls, 4/4 tackles, 1 interception, 2 shots (1 on target), received 75 passes, made 30/34 passes in the attacking 3rd!

* Anderson (central-midfield | substituted off 81'): 53/56 passing (95%), 0 chances created, 0/0 crosses, 11/11 long balls, 0/0 through balls, 2/3 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 shots, received 52 passes, made 19/20 passes in the attacking 3rd!

moussa dembele:

51/53 passes(96%), 0 assists, 3 chances created, 1/1 crosses, 2 shots attempted, 2 shots on target, 7/8 tackles, 1 long ball, 1 interception, received 52 passes, made 16/17 passes in the attacking 3rd!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
coogar:

moussa dembele:

51/53 passes(96%), 0 assists, 3 chances created, 1/1 crosses, 2 shots attempted, 2 shots on target, 7/8 tackles, 1 long ball, 1 interception, received 52 passes, made 16/17 passes in the attacking 3rd!

In other words, Dembele violated the revered Ando/Clev axis? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
ritchboy:
In other words, Dembele violated the revered Ando/Clev axis? cheesy

he did not.....
ando-clev murdered him as observed by martin jol.....then sidwell came on to join diarra
and dembele was pushed further forward.....that was when he got united! dembele played in 2 different positions....when it was dembele/diarra versus ando-clev in the first 60 mins, ando-clev murdered their counterparts!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hi, is anyone experiencing this, I can't log on to nairaland with my lappy, it gives me a
'http 408/409 server busy' error msg.

Can anyone help me out or has an info concerning the situ. Will appreciate.

Thanks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
coded guy: Hi, is anyone experiencing this, I can't log on to nairaland with my lappy, it gives me a

Thanks

try another browser - chrome, explorer, firefox, safari, tshabalala...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
coogar:

try another browser - chrome, explorer, firefox, safari, tshabalala...

Thanks for the assistance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
coded guy: Hi, is anyone experiencing this, I can't log on to nairaland with my lappy, it gives me a

Thanks
Update your data subscription.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
any1 notice hw liVerPool played against shitty yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Effiko: any1 notice hw liVerPool played against shitty yesterday?

their first home game - i wasn't expecting anything less....united would have won that game if we had lost our first game game 3-0 to west brom! the scousers were dying to impress their fans and prove they ain't dickheads!

this just in....
fergie threw in a £5m bid for moussa dembele some few weeks ago which martin jol obviously rejected. there's a rumour gathering pace that fergie is still after him and he might sign him before the window slams shut! do we need dembele?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
coogar:

their first home game - i wasn't expecting anything less....united would have won that game if we had lost our first game game 3-0 to west brom! the scousers were dying to impress their fans and prove they ain't dickheads!

this just in....
fergie threw in a £5m bid for moussa dembele some few weeks ago which martin jol obviously rejected. there's a rumour gathering pace that fergie is still after him and he might sign him before the window slams shut! do we need dembele?
Dembele? Yes!!! I prefer him to your beloved Anderson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
ogbeche77:
Dembele? Yes!!! I prefer him to your beloved Anderson

in terms of fitness and durability, yes.....
but in terms of ability, i don't think he's better than anderson...however, he would be cheap as he's got only a year left on his contract. £10m or £15m should bring him to old trafford! our fans singing "sign him up, fergie" on saturday might influence fergie!

having pondered over dembele, i think he would be a wonderful addition to our squad because of one factor - his physicality! he's a beast - i would love to see him go against yaya toure(it would be the battle of the titans).

anderson and cleverley are excellent but only when going forward - midfield dominance is much more than dominating only when you have the ball, you must also dominate when you don't have the ball and it's obvious ando-clev easily get bullied when they are not in possession.

another reason dembele should be considered is the carrick factor! if we lose carrick to injury, then we are royally screwed! fletcher is the only similar player to carrick defensively and he's been out of competitive football for far too long. scholes/giggs are over the hill...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 11:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
There you go. It's a no brainer.
Doubt that there would be any dispute about Dembele being a very useful addition.

And not just for the City boys....the Chelsea boys are kinda becoming a very thick attack force.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Wayne, get better and while you're out, there's a good chance we'll be just fine with the simple and talented Kagawa as the No.10 and the sublime van Persie as our No.9. If this makes you upset perhaps, that might not be a bad thing. You looked like you lacked adequate fitness and sharpness when the season began -- come back hungry and in a fighting spirit so that you can earn your spot again. For me personally, I was very pleased that Fergie wasn't afraid to drop Wazza versus Fulham on Saturday. As long as this isn't a chemistry distraction in the dressing room, United will be better off for it.

How quickly things can change. Maybe now he will finally to earn his £1m a month wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
StarBoard:
Update your data subscription.
grin

LOL!!

coogar:

this just in....

I dont think any United fan would reject signing Dembele after his perfomance against us. But where does he play really, midfield or support striker as he did against us. We already have enough personel there and if we are talking about DM then we really need him.

His signing will throw up more competition in the midfield, his physicality makes him a big YEs signing cos it seems the likes Chelsea and CITY are really up for the title this term.

All in all, i think we should sign him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (14359) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.