Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,210 members, 7,923,070 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9054472 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (14298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
A-40:
I may not be down with Arsenal anymore but hey Man U lost and its a public holiday so

All ma ladies all ma ladies. Kukere Kukere Decale Decale Etighi Etighi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoV1VSpKLo&n

Lol -- Feelz more better dancin' it with 'em Toffees Ladies cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
A-40:

@Cristalz
Why can't Fergie just retire those old muchachos? Scholes and Giggs! Their mate Pippo Inzaghi is already coaching juniors at Milan

Retire gini? So Fergie will be left with wastepipes like Cleverley and Ando in midfield? grin

Fergie is the king of sour grapes - saying all Everton did was lump it up to Fellaini? The one-touch passing moves by Everton especially in the first half would not have been out of place in la liga.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
It's pretty simple:if the midfield riddle isn't solved, we ain't winning squat.
Over to you, mr. coogar. If you still think we don't need any re-inforcements in the middle, I don't know what else to say.
For me, it's a case of knowing what to do but just refusing to do it.
You can't have a live wire like Kagawa yet put Paul Scholes on to slow things down.
Tom Cleverley?Still yet to convince me.
Anderson?Please let the dude go.Im not optimistic about his abilities anymore.
When I saw Ashley Young, I laughed.That dude's signing is a fraud:I'm yet to be convinced that he can play for us.
As it stands we need to trim a lot of excess fat and carry out surgical reforms in the midfield.Else we're in for a long season.
And also I'm still wondering why people feel Nani deserves £120k a week.On the strength of his performance last night, he is a dimwitted fool for daring to ask for a raise.i won't miss him if he's sold.A supposed winger of his caliber can't take a decent corner-kick to beat the first man at the box.And his crossing was abysmal.
Let the cheeky punk to and die, jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
ritchboy:
Of course Fellaini targeted Carrick intentionally. You want Vidic to go and double-team Fellaini and leave a massive hole on the other side?

in other words, nothing united could have done to stop fellaini from outsmarting carrick from that corner but what peeved me the most was the organisation....vidic was marking another threat while carrick decided to mark fellaini - vidic as a leader should have instructed the midgets(evra and scholes) to man the posts as they were useless marking anyone in the box anyways. if there was a man on the post, he clears fellaini's header off the line and that was that........

as per the game proper - rooney was a liability...he was the only reason united lacked the cutting edge upfront! this is what i keep saying about rooney: when he's on his game, you could mistake him for the best striker in the world but when he's at his bottom level like last night, i am better than rooney. he was rubbish throughout - he couldn't even do the basics like trapping the ball, passing the ball and even sprinting at full pelt! kagawa must be regretting joining united - all his key passes were wasted!

scholes, nani, welbeck need to hide their heads in shame! i called it before the game that scholes shouldn't be playing @ hostile grounds like goodison! it's a miracle he didn't cop a red card. nani was nani(you don't know what to expect from him)...welbeck could be excused a bit for being played out of position but it begs the question, why welbeck on the left when ashley young is fit?

even when the calvary(van persie and anderson) came on, we failed to utilise van persie by always sending the ball to the flanks. nani/evra/welbeck couldn't cross to save their moms....valencia was scared to overlap and the whole attack looked disjointed and too predictable!

fulham next - we need 3 points asap!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
StarBoard: It's pretty simple:if the midfield riddle isn't solved, we ain't winning squat.
Over to you, mr. coogar. If you still think we don't need any re-inforcements in the middle, I don't know what else to say.

before we talk about winning or not winning, it should be noted that 4 fit defenders were missing and had to be replaced by 2(midfielders) who we coulda used in the midfield to control the rampant everton players. we missed rio, fletcher, jones, smalling and evans - no club would survive at goodison with 4 of their centre backs missing!

when the wounded ones get back into the team, we can then analyse if we are good enough to win or not. doing that based on a difficult fixture is a bit harsh! fletcher and jones would have added some steel to the team last night....

For me, it's a case of knowing what to do but just refusing to do it.
You can't have a live wire like Kagawa yet put Paul Scholes on to slow things down.
Tom Cleverley?Still yet to convince me.

cleverley was decent last night - one of our best players on the pitch. he rarely lost possession but scholes as a partner just slowed him down. anderson should have started and partnered cleverley! scholes was poor - the early yellow card didn't help matters and fellaini was allowed too much space to do as he pleases!

Anderson?Please let the dude go.Im not optimistic about his abilities anymore.
When I saw Ashley Young, I laughed.That dude's signing is a fraud:I'm yet to be convinced that he can play for us.

anderson and young weren't the reasons we lost yesterday....the attack was utter w@nk!
welbeck, nani and rooney kept stinking the whole joint! we had a make shift defence, everton were always going to score but we had a superior attack and yet couldn't make it count. kagawa was outstanding but the players ahead of him were rubbish on the night!

As it stands we need to trim a lot of excess fat and carry out surgical reforms in the midfield.Else we're in for a long season.
we should start with our medical team - they have let me down this season. i used to think its coincidence but not anymore - the rate at which we cop injured players must have to do with their training schedules, diets and the quality of the pitch. what's the point in having players in the squad who would not play cos of injury? ferdinand was fit for preseason starting every game and when the real battle started, he did his groin? he's a traitor!!!

And also I'm still wondering why people feel Nani deserves £120k a week.On the strength of his performance last night, he is a dimwitted fool for daring to ask for a raise.i won't miss him if he's sold.A supposed winger of his caliber can't take a decent corner-kick to beat the first man at the box.And his crossing was abysmal.
Let the cheeky punk to and die, jare.

like i said earlier, you never know what to expect from nani ----on his day, he can be a beast but when he shitstorms like he did last night, he deserves a slap. nani was horrible, his last 300 cornerkicks have failed to sail past the near post - his football intelligence needs help and how he keeps demanding the ball when we cop cornerkicks is a mystery - someone with an iota of intelligence should stand at the near post and flick it on but you get the same lazy attitude from the team!

****spurs sign adebayor!****
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Who is Andesron grin grin is that the new Brazilian sensation that was bought to save Utd's midfield

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
lol!
even our kit manager brainfarted? fergie should sack the whole lot!
disgraceful pigs - all of them!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
How can a midfield which managed more possession than the Everton team be the cause of the problem? Forget the missing defenders - Utd had sufficient possession to hurt Everton, but the over £100m of attacking talent put on the pitch were not good enough to beat an Everton defence that cost less than a fifth. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
debosky: How can a midfield which managed more possession than the Everton team be the cause of the problem?

stop brainfarting! the job of the midfield players is to shield the back four and also supply the attack with ammo! it's double-edged! possession you are talking about was when everton went a goal up and they were comfortable ceding possession to united! possession counts for nothing - as an arsenal fan, this shouldnt be strange to you.... barca copped 72% possession in both legs against chelsea and did not win any of the matches!

Forget the missing defenders - Utd had sufficient possession to hurt Everton, but the over £100m of attacking talent put on the pitch were not good enough to beat an Everton defence that cost less than a fifth. cheesy

stop the brainfarts - we lost because of the missing defenders, how can you ignore that fact when we conceded from a set piece. so rooney, van persie or kagawa should have prevented fellaini from scoring? if you don't concede, you cannot lose!
besides that, united had 2 penalty decisions waived by the weak referee who was scared of everton fans! if it had happened at the other end, he woulda given it. this is not saying we deserve to win the game cos we didn't - but how many times have united won the games they didn't deserve?

a penalty and possibly a red card for jaglieka waived aside!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
@debosky,
Shocking analysis from you.
No matter the attacking talent on display, if the midfield doesn't do it's job, the team will most likely lose.
coogar is spot on as per how the game went.After Everton scored the game could still be on up till now and united would be looking for the equalizer.Before then Everton over-ran our midfield and pretty much bossed proceedings there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
StarBoard: @debosky,
No matter the attacking talent on display, if the midfield doesn't do it's job, the team will most likely lose.
coogar is spot on as per how the game went.After Everton scored the game could still be on up till now and united would be looking for the equalizer.Before then Everton over-ran our midfield and pretty much bossed proceedings there.

another kagawa moment that had rooney sprinting like a cow. i am sure chicharito would have outpaced his markers in this kinda situation and get a shot on target!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2012

IF - I'm glad you said IF. This same midfield is where coogar claims Cleverley and Kagawa were excellent. Or do you now need ALL THREE midfielders to be excellent before you can say the midfield did its job?

What 'job' did the midfield fail to do? Did the terrible performances of Welbeck, Nani and Rooney occur in midfield?

Please explain how Everton's midfield 'bossed' United's midfield with the 'excellent' Cleverley but United still managed 65% possession in one half?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
It's not shocking analysis. He just wants to troll and make fun which is a shame as I thought he was one of the more reasonable arsenal fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
debosky:
IF - I'm glad you said IF. This same midfield is where coogar claims Cleverley and Kagawa were excellent. Or do you now need ALL THREE midfielders to be excellent before you can say the midfield did its job?

all the good work put in by cleverley and kagawa were frustrated by scholes, nani, welbeck and rooney! defensively, scholes did nothing....he was the anchor in that midfield and yet he offered nothing to protect the back four....his selection is a bit baffling considering his height! there's no way he's going to man-mark fellaini and little wonder the belgian murdered united aerially!

What 'job' did the midfield fail to do? Did the terrible performances of Welbeck, Nani and Rooney occur in midfield?

stop talking like an amateur....
the midfield is the most important department in a team as they are tasked to defend and attack! our midfield had no answer to fellaini and they offered pretty little when the game was 0-0! last season at old trafford, even with a fully fit defence unit, the midfield still let us down by allowing everton to score 4. no matter how good the defence is, if the midfielders allow the opponents to overrun them, conceding a goal is inevitable!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
A-40:

@Cristalz
Why can't Fergie just retire those old muchachos? Scholes and Giggs! Their mate Pippo Inzaghi is already coaching juniors at Milan

They may be old but they aren't completely dead.
Heck, England called on Giggs to play with dem babies at the Olympics. That says something, doesn't it?
They've still got stuff to give and if they want to, I say let 'em. grin
I admit Scholes is waning with each passing day, but we love the guy, yellows 'n all. grin

@Starboard
Still not used to referring to you as Starboard. smiley
Young is no fraud, come on. He still makes solid contributions when his football head is screwed on right.

I'm not giving the subs (Ando, Young 'n RVP) much blame 'cos everyone else around them was playing shyte. What magic were they supposed to perform??
Going by performance, if it were possible, everyone shoulda been subbed except De Gea.

We all know Nani cannot cross to save his mama's life...nothing new there.
But he scores, and that's a fact. Hez got pace and is still an asset on the wings. So he had a bad game last night; who didn't?
I don't think its fair to come down so hard on the dude for that.
I know I'm not ready to see Nani go anywhere just yet.

For those blaming Cleverley's shitty performance on Scholes, I beg y'all to quit calling rats mice.
Was Scholes the only midfielder present? Did Fellaini not singlehandedly (for the most part) outshine his teammates? So what exactly are you guys saying?
When a guy wants to play, he locates those who are ready to ball or does the job himself.
Cleverley simply had no game. End of story.
Anyone saying otherwise is just being sentimental and in football, sacrificing reality for sentiment mostly gets you nowhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Debo
Seems you followed the game via audio only. cheesy grin
The MF was as sluggish as the swamps of Mississippi, which was why Rooney became a midfielder/defender for all of first half and part of the second.

Still doesn't excuse his poor showing in 2nd half when he went up front, but the point is, the MF sucked and strikers depend on them.
It's not just about possession; creativity, flair, solid thinking (and whatever else you wanna add) also come into it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Cristalz: @Debo
Seems you followed the game via audio only. cheesy grin
The MF was as sluggish as the swamps of Mississippi, which was why Rooney became a midfielder/defender for all of first half and part of the second.

The midfield with the 'excellent' Cleverley and Kagawa was as sluggish as the swamps of Mississippi? Say it ain't so! cheesy

Seems you've been out for so long that you don't perceive sarcasm. grin

Still doesn't excuse his poor showing in 2nd half when he went up front, but the point is, the MF sucked and strikers depend on them.
It's not just about possession; creativity, flair, solid thinking (and whatever else you wanna add) also come into it.

Ok, ok. . . .Kagawa was used to playing in Dortmund with 90,000 people, not a small Stadium in Liverpool. RVP is used to playing when no one wants his signature, all the autograph signing distracted him. Cleverley was thinking about the Swedish lasses he shagged in the Olympic village so he was below par. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
coogar:

all the good work put in by cleverley and kagawa were frustrated by scholes, nani, welbeck and rooney! defensively, scholes did nothing....he was the anchor in that midfield and yet he offered nothing to protect the back four....his selection is a bit baffling considering his height! there's no way he's going to man-mark fellaini and little wonder the belgian murdered united aerially!

Surely even you can see the blatant incongruity in claiming two out of three midfielders putting in 'good work' and claiming the midfield didn't do its job?

Did Nani, Welbeck and Rooney play in midfield?

Mr_TA:

It's not shocking analysis. He just wants to troll and make fun which is a shame as I thought he was one of the more reasonable arsenal fans.

If Trolling is pointing out flawed arguments then I am the biggest troll of all. Or do you also agree that 2/3rds of your midfield was good but they didn't do anything at the same time?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
debosky:

Oh sweetie, I read sarcasm just fine, thank you.
The above was what I responded to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
debosky:
Surely even you can see the blatant incongruity in claiming two out of three midfielders putting in 'good work' and claiming the midfield didn't do its job?

excellent work attacking wise....scholes was the pivot and i still don't understand why fergie played him in that anchor role...scholes offered nothing defensively! in lay man's terms cos i know you are a jew(cleverley was the am, scholes the dm), nani on the right, welbeck on the left, kagawa played as a supporting striker to rooney! so who in your wisdom should be curtailing everton's attack?

at least two of them did....a winger is effectively a midfielder, isn't it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
In addition, Nani and Rooney played in MF for most of the game, adding to the horror story of an already bad middle.
Welbeck was shyte, no argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
coogar:

before we talk about winning or not winning, it should be noted that 4 fit defenders were missing and had to be replaced by 2(midfielders) who we coulda used in the midfield to control the rampant everton players. we missed rio, fletcher, jones, smalling and evans - no club would survive at goodison with 4 of their centre backs missing!

when the wounded ones get back into the team, we can then analyse if we are good enough to win or not. doing that based on a difficult fixture is a bit harsh! fletcher and jones would have added some steel to the team last night....
Well I wouldn't say the missing defenders were wholly responsible for the loss.Why? Because even when we had 4fit defenders last season they still scored 4times at Old Trafford.So I'm pretty sure it's something more fundamental than that.
Which brings me squarely back to the state of our midfield.Personally I think that if we had a decent midfield, last night we shouldn't and wouldn't have suffered the barrage we encountered.
coogar:
Unfortunately we're already three points off the pace in the league and since we don't know when those injured fellas will return, I don't share your optimism.As difficult as that tie sounded, I thought we could leave Goodison with at least a draw.That side isn't have as decent as ours on paper.
coogar:
Cleverley was decent last night - one of our best players on the pitch. he rarely lost possession but scholes as a partner just slowed him down. anderson should have started and partnered cleverley! scholes was poor - the early yellow card didn't help matters and fellaini was allowed too much space to do as he pleases!
The context within which I mentioned the players I did was not to single them out individually.
Cleverley didn't grab the game by the collar like he did for England vs Italy.He looked like a headless rat.
My view on Andeson still stands.I feel he's not likely to contribute anymore than he has done before and expecting great things from him is stretching the imagination, to be sincere, given his inability to stay fit and deliver consistent performances.
As a sub who was supposed to make an impact upon entry, I found Ashley Young and Anderson laughable options.In that sense, I'm not excusing them either given that they were wastes when they got in.I really don't know what to make of expected contributions of those guys to the squad's fortunes this season.
coogar:
we should start with our medical team - they have let me down this season. i used to think its coincidence but not anymore - the rate at which we cop injured players must have to do with their training schedules, diets and the quality of the pitch. what's the point in having players in the squad who would not play cos of injury? ferdinand was fit for preseason starting every game and when the real battle started, he did his groin? he's a traitor!!!
I tend to agree.
I thought it was coincidental as well but I think it's more to the issue.
As per Ferdinand, the dude isn't reliable anymore.I thought we would try easing him out of the squad and get someone who has a fitter medical record.
On the whole I noticed our injuries have been up since Carlos Quieroz left.Dude was a specialist coach and had vast knowledge ranging from training regimens to dieting, not to talk of tactical awareness.Id like to see him back at OT.

coogar:
like i said earlier, you never know what to expect from nani ----on his day, he can be a beast but when he shitstorms like he did last night, he deserves a slap. nani was horrible, his last 300 cornerkicks have failed to sail past the near post - his football intelligence needs help and how he keeps demanding the ball when we cop cornerkicks is a mystery - someone with an iota of intelligence should stand at the near post and flick it on but you get the same lazy attitude from the team!

****spurs sign adebayor!****
And does it make sense to reward inconsistency with an improved contract?I say in my Whitney Houston(rest her soul in peace) voice: "hell to da no!".
Like I said before, Nani doesn't deserve the thought of any lind of raise,let alone getting it.Im yet to see the teams falling over themselves for his signature because he's a liability more Ike's than he's an asset.So I'm wondering why we think he's good for a raise of about £30k a week when he still refuses to live up to his obvious potential.
He is officially a Nani-goat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
In other news. . .
Buttner completes his move, and United acquire 18-year old striker Angelo Henriquez of Chile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Cristalz: In other news. . .
Buttner completes his move, and United acquire 18-year old striker Angelo Henriquez of Chile.
And the later is to be sent on loan with immediate effect I guess
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
StarBoard:
Well I wouldn't say the missing defenders were wholly responsible for the loss.Why? Because even when we had 4fit defenders last season they still scored 4times at Old Trafford.So I'm pretty sure it's something more fundamental than that.

carrick would have done a better job as a destroyer than scholes! having 4 centre-halves missing meant carrick had to play in the defence. the missing players caused our loss! i admit we might not have won cos we didn't look like scoring but we wouldn't have lost as well!

Which brings me squarely back to the state of our midfield.Personally I think that if we had a decent midfield, last night we shouldn't and wouldn't have suffered the barrage we encountered.

carrick is still the key here too! what carrick does better than most defensive midfielders is his ability to find a quick pass that would isolate nani with hibbert or valencia with baines. he does it in such a way that the wingers are running at the full backs at top speed and more often than not, the wingers beat their markers easily.

scholes didn't do enough last night although welbeck was rubbish! the few passes scholes attempted were predictable floated ball that already had our wingers double-marked and they couldn't make any head way! i doubt our wingers beat their markers throughout the 90 - all i kept seeing was crosses that got blocked by their markers and the ones that went in got cleared easily!
in a nutshell, it was such a clusterfuck!

Unfortunately we're already three points off the pace in the league and since we don't know when those injured fellas will return, I don't share your optimism.As difficult as that tie sounded, I thought we could leave Goodison with at least a draw.That side isn't have as decent as ours on paper.

points would still be dropped - at least the eventual champions would drop about 24 points so we are still good to go! goodison is a difficult place to go. chelsea and city lost there last season with their strongest teams!

The context within which I mentioned the players I did was not to single them out individually. Cleverley didn't grab the game by the collar like he did for England vs Italy.He looked like a headless rat.

cleverley was very decent - kept it simple....he's not a youtube highlight player cos he doesn't over-elaborate. 92% pass completion, 1 interception, 4 key passes, attempted 5 tackles and won them all....i couldn't ask for more and he was unlucky that his shot on target got blocked by jaglieka off the line!

My view on Andeson still stands.I feel he's not likely to contribute anymore than he has done before and expecting great things from him is stretching the imagination, to be sincere, given his inability to stay fit and deliver consistent performances.
As a sub who was supposed to make an impact upon entry, I found Ashley Young and Anderson laughable options.In that sense, I'm not excusing them either given that they were wastes when they got in.I really don't know what to make of expected contributions of those guys to the squad's fortunes this season.

all i am asking this season is to experiment anderson/cleverley axis again! i believe thats our best midfield combination. 2 terriers who can pass, highly mobile and can harass the opposition. there was no coincidence that we won all the games we played with those duo in the midfield!

anderson played well when he came in - he was the only one who tried to play through the middle instead of the predictable putting it on the flanks and watching evra put in rubbish crosses over and over again. statistically, ashley young was our best winger last season. these players are very good - i still believe in them!

I tend to agree.
I thought it was coincidental as well but I think it's more to the issue.
As per Ferdinand, the dude isn't reliable anymore.I thought we would try easing him out of the squad and get someone who has a fitter medical record.
On the whole I noticed our injuries have been up since Carlos Quieroz left.Dude was a specialist coach and had vast knowledge ranging from training regimens to dieting, not to talk of tactical awareness.Id like to see him back at OT.

3 factors since that era:
carlos queiroz's departure
hargreaves injury
ronaldo's departure

i am sure one or all of these components are responsible for the gradual decline in performance and luck with injuries!

And does it make sense to reward inconsistency with an improved contract?I say in my Whitney Houston(rest her soul in peace) voice: "hell to da no!".
Like I said before, Nani doesn't deserve the thought of any lind of raise,let alone getting it.Im yet to see the teams falling over themselves for his signature because he's a liability more Ike's than he's an asset.So I'm wondering why we think he's good for a raise of about £30k a week when he still refuses to live up to his obvious potential.
He is officially a Nani-goat.

no player polarises opinions like nani. on his day, he's a wonderful player but on some days like last night, he can be a supertwat! he deserves a raise for what he's done in the past. besides, any player that can do this to barca players deserves a raise in wages...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lalaboi(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2012

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2012
@Cristalz
Scholes and Giggs still playing is/was like McCain running for presidency with Obama at 72 back in 08! Come on at a point you have to let these wiggas go! Scholes is pushing 38 and Giggs pushing 39!! They may have the odd masterpiece game based on say ko le tan lara omoba, but by and large their presence would wind up doing more harm than good! They are clogging the pipeline for younger more ubiquitous players to come through and this has actually slowed down Utd's building process. Even almighty Milan have jettisoned their pensioner policy releasing (Seedorf,Gattuso,Van Bommel,Inzaghi,Zambrotta,Nesta,) in the close-season keep in mind all these guys are younger than Scholes et Giggs

Giggs being called for the Olympics was a courtesy thing. Allowing Giggs to retire without playing in an international tournament would have been ungodly grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 1:23am On Aug 22, 2012
@A-40
To be fair Scholes did retire, remember, but then United called him back when that injury emergency happened.
Apparently Fergie believes both guys still have something to contribute on the pitch so there doesn't seem to be a chance of his asking either of 'em to retire...not this season at least.

Besides, how do you ask a player like Ryan Giggs (considering his history) to retire? Sacrilege grin grin
I figure it's up to the men themselves to realize that they'd be better off as coaches now and voluntarily step down.

Somehow I doubt that Fergie would offer 'em increased wages to convince 'em to stay on and play. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Am surprised Welbeck got the mouth watering contract he has been negotiating while Nani may be on his way out of Old Trafford.... Will be keen to watch how this turns out...
And why are we been linked to virtually all players in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 22, 2012
Cristalz:
@Starboard

Young is no fraud, come on. He still makes solid contributions when his football head is screwed on right.

And I'm wondering how many times a season he is in that state.
Cristalz:

We all know Nani cannot cross to save his mama's life...nothing new there.
But he scores, and that's a fact. Hez got pace and is still an asset on the wings. So he had a bad game last night; who didn't?
I don't think its fair to come down so hard on the dude for that.
I know I'm not ready to see Nani go anywhere just yet.
If Nani cannot cross to save his mama's life,are we then sure he deserves the 120k a week he's looing for?
His pace may be an asset but his end-product sucks big-time.
Nani had a bad game last night.I expected him to have a great game to prove us cynics wrong and inform Fergie that he indeed deserves that raise.
But no,he kept running in his Nanny-goat style.
I'm tired of the little pissant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2012
debosky:

If Trolling is pointing out flawed arguments then I am the biggest troll of all. Or do you also agree that 2/3rds of your midfield was good but they didn't do anything at the same time?
Guy,you're a poor imitation of 1025.You haven't managed to respond to what I said about our midfield.Why then are you quoting someone else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
What haven't I responded to? Let' me try again.

Are you saying the midfield didn't do its job? The midfield was Scholes, Kagawa and Cleverley - is it that none of them did their job or some did while others didn't? Let me know your own view before I'm accused of quoting someone else.

This is why I referred to coogar's post in my first response, which you appear to agree with. How did your midfield get 'overrun' when you managed more possession than Everton even before the goal in the first half?

To avoid multiple responses, the issue wasn't one of 'overrunning' your midfield, it was the more penetrative nature of Everton's attacks. They didn't have the ball that much but made it count. That wasn't on account of their midfield per se, but more due to the excellent play of Fellaini and Jelavic who played like forwards.

Your attacks lacked the same bite, primarily because of the terrible way Welbeck/Nani/Rooney played, not because of the midfield.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (14298) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LostMyZeal(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.