Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! (7766 Views)

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2007
puh-leeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee

[size=14pt]didn't the man want to fly abroad or why did he stay at asia when the guys lost to the brazilians b4 the world cup?

I simply don't understand some peeps.

It seems POLITICAL SCIENCE or CITIZEN AND STATE or whatever it was called should be introduced to all levels of

education in Niaja![/size]Atiku had one tiny injury that ordinary RObb could treat, why didn't he go to LUTH instead?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by labiyemmy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2007
this thread once again is a summary of the country Nigeria - unpredictable.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Wado(f): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2007
sadMust we blame govt for everything? haba. The man's heart was simply not fit for coaching job, maybe he should av stayed in the classroom.

R.I.P coach Tella.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by debosky(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2007
Your shouting is not necessary mustay.

Even if he 'wanted' to go abroad, you need to realise that simply doing that is no guarantee on his life.

I am not claiming to know every single thing that went on in the process, but his health deteriorated and he was given excellent care as he could be given at LUTH because he was too frail to be taken abroad.

His illness was terminal, there was no assurance that going abroad would save him, please try to understand that.

I know it is emotionally painful, but try to reason a bit as well.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2007
Maybe if we spent more time using N628m to renovate our hospitals instead of new houses we wont need to be flying everyone out as soon as they are bitten by a mosquito.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
abi o
davidylan:

Maybe if we spent more time using N628m to renovate our hospitals instead of new houses we wont need to be flying everyone out as soon as they are bitten by a mosquito.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Wado(f): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2007
labiyemmy which one is ur own, what has Nigeria got to do with this? Or dont people die in ur London too. Watch it pls.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2007
debo, no one is saying the guy can't die like that. nut letz stop pretending that THE HOSPITALS ARE IN GOOD CONDITIONS and govt has equipped them well well
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by labiyemmy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2007
Yesterday in South Africa, a leading world musician was shot dead right in front of two of his children - noone in South Africa is blaming their government for that - noone in SA is blaming government for the high crime rate in their country - even if they think the government is not doing enough - they dont go singing it like we do in Nigeria - we sing loud every bad thin and blame it on government - how do you expect other countries to respect us or even write or think good about us?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by labiyemmy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2007
Wado:

labiyemmy which one is your own, what has Nigeria got to do with this? Or don't people die in your London too. Watch it please.

You are either blind to my previous posts or something is wrong with you.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by whatnext: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2007
His illness didn't just start after the world cup. The NFA has been in the know all these while. Maybe he would have died anyway, but why didn't we give him the best treatment he deserved?

There's another falcons' player who has been injured while playing for her country since 2005, seeking NFA's assistance to be flown to Germany as recommended by doctors, all to no avail. I guess there are also waiting to get her a wheel chair after the leg has been amputated.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Wado(f): 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2007
Obviously you av lost ur culture. Pls come back home for quick rescue. Tokunbo
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by whatnext: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2007
That's not the point!  Whether you have cancer or not, you'll also die someday.  It's not as if Lung Cancer cannot be treated, why abandon our national asset?

It's a pity. At this rate, we may lose Olusoji Fasuba to another country.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by toshmann(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2007
@gwatala
a good public health system can vastly reduse the incidencs of death from cancer or any disease whatsoever. public health deals with prevention and control. it involves regular screening of citiens as the case may be. that way the cancer may have been discovered when it was still treatable.

Kanu had a heart disease that was discovered by the doctors at inter milan fc, it was taken care of b4 it becomes a problem. if he was playing for enyimba, he would never have known of the heart disease until someday he slumps on the field and dies, then we look for his enemy and blame.

europe has a high cancer rate, yet many cancer patients live up to their 80s. so a sound public health system could have contributed to reduce the chances of death from cancer (including the caoch's death)

'deboski,

from the above explanation you'll agree with me that the govt is not exonerated here. if our millions were thrown into the health sector, (both preventive and curative) chances are that the coach and many others woulda been alive now.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gilgee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
Thatz Nig and her wicked leaders for you. They just abandoned the man when he needed them most, only to show up at the latest hour.
May his Soul Rest in Peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by dunik007(m): 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2007
nigeria is no good place for people who can take it high because the government has no good plans for them, may his soul erst in peace any way
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2007
gilgee:

Thatz Nig and her wicked leaders for you. They just abandoned the man when he needed them most, only to show up at the latest hour.
May his Soul Rest in Peace

Yemi Tella had been sick for ages. If not for greed, he should not have accepted the job of coach when he should have been taking care of his health. As soon as the U-17 eaglets won the cup all of a sudden his health is now government problem?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by toshmann(m): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2007
perhaps he couldnt take care of his health due to financial bounds so he may have needed the job to get the pay.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by somze(f): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
Really sad . . . atleast he would have been flown there.
God comfort his family.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gilgee(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2007
@ davidylan
Considering the fact that he served his nation in that condition, I don't think it would have been much of a kindness, if they had flown him abroad for a proper treatment
Make you reason am na.
 After all, e for no cost the nation much  na.
Haba!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by onyx79(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2007
@Bob James,
i totally agree with you. 628million and many other 628millions "unnoticed" could have made a difference.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ibrawse(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2007
[b][b]what a sad news a man who has worked so hard to get us a victory died just like that this is so  sad sad sad sad[/b] . [b]well i dont think the Govt should be blame because if he had been taken abroad and still what would anybody have done BLAME THE GOVT OR GOD PEOPLE JUST TALK ANYHOW AS IF THEY ARE PERFECT. SO IF YPU DONT HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN CRITICISM JUST STAY OUT OF HERE[/b][/b]
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gwatala(m): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2007
toshmann:

@gwatala
a good public health system can vastly reduse the incidencs of death from cancer or any disease whatsoever. public health deals with prevention and control. it involves regular screening of citiens as the case may be. that way the cancer may have been discovered when it was still treatable.

Kanu had a heart disease that was discovered by the doctors at inter milan fc, it was taken care of before it becomes a problem. if he was playing for enyimba, he would never have known of the heart disease until someday he slumps on the field and dies, then we look for his enemy and blame.

europe has a high cancer rate, yet many cancer patients live up to their 80s. so a sound public health system could have contributed to reduce the chances of death from cancer (including the caoch's death)

'deboski,

from the above explanation you'll agree with me that the govt is not exonerated here. if our millions were thrown into the health sector, (both preventive and curative) chances are that the coach and many others woulda been alive now.

OK. Well said. So why use NOW to rehash the old arguement for good health system. A life well lived(?) is ended. That is the issue. If we as a people have failed to evolve a society that respects human life, whose fault is it? Who precisely is government? Is it not a greedier extention of the same negligent and deluded populace? Maybe we are just who we are, careless and carefree, !

But that said, govt did not infect Coach Tella so they should not be blamed for his death. For all I know he was given the best treatment possible for the stage of the infection.

And while I agree with you that people in other countries might live longer, I will associate it with best living practices (exercises, peace of mind etc) which afterall are not government dependent.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by indigosky(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2007
Sour Nairalanders!!! embarassed

Look at it from the bright side:

The man has added value to his generation. And he also set a standard. This is something many people will pass through this journey called life without achieving.

Go on and celebrate his life. RIP bro Tella.

No one will live for ever. While u live, try to leave a mark.

Tella has left his.

davidylan:

Yemi Tella had been sick for ages. If not for greed, he should not have accepted the job of coach when he should have been taking care of his health. As soon as the Under-17 eaglets won the cup all of a sudden his health is now government problem?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by toshmann(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2007
gwatala
i'm not blaming the yaradua govt. when i say govt ,i mean the poor govts we have had since I960. today it is the coach, 2mrw it will be somebody else, the ibos say that when some other family is carrying the corpse of a loved one, it seems like it is mere firewood , but when ur own loved one is about to be buried, u realise that funeral is no entertainment.

with the health system in bad shape, more ominous statistics will continue to emanate, and just a reminder, those figures from our health statistics are actually human beings. when u hear 500,000 women die yearly of maternal mortality, it is actually human beings dying. now if that doesnt pain you, i wonder what will
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by 9ja4eva: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2007
Sad news

May his soul rest in peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
gilgee:

@ davidylan
Considering the fact that he served his nation in that condition, I don't think it would have been much of a kindness, if they had flown him abroad for a proper treatment
Make you reason am na.
 After all, e for no cost the nation much  na.
Haba!

You are right but with a wrong mentality. Wont it save us more money if we simply upgrade our medical  facilities here so we dont have to rely on "flying abroad" everytime a bee stings us?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by toshmann(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2007
actually we have to celebrate the man's life. here was a man who made this country proud at the twilight of his life. for once since i left nigeria, i saw nigeria in the news(not BBC/CNN) for something positive  and he died too soon. he is a hero. but i pray we dont continue to have dead heroes b/c at the end of the day, a living dog is better than a dead lion.

davidylan:

You are right but with a wrong mentality. Wont it save us more money if we simply upgrade our medical facilities here so we don't have to rely on "flying abroad" everytime a bee stings us?

good point. they may even spend more money to give him a hero's burial
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by kunledarmani(m): 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2007
u-17 coach passes on, what a loss, rest in perfect peace, and to all nigerians accept my condolences,
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gilgee(m): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2007
Quote from: davidylan on Today at 06:07:13 PM
You are right but with a wrong mentality. Wont it save us more money if we simply upgrade our medical  facilities here so we don't have to rely on "flying abroad" everytime a bee stings us?

I do agree with you on that Dave, but truth be told, the only option available then was to fly him abroad for treatments when his health condition started deteriorating. We all know that we lack good health facilities in Nigeria, and you don't want to tell me that spending a few thousand dollars on him would stop the government from upgrading the poor medical facilities available in the country.

Na today?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by jerrymania(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2007
[size=13pt]I'm sick and tired of This one die- this one die on Nairaland. Sick of all these sad news. Why all these sad news on the frontpage? [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youngest Player On The Afcon(photo) / Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero / Give Austin Eguaveon Another Chance, He Will Surprise Nigeria' - Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.