Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,316 members, 7,940,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! (7821 Views)

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by TawaTemi1(f): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2007
Coach Tella will forever be remembered by everybody. For making Nigerians, Africans and football fans worldwide proud.
He left a legacy,a landmark and a great challenge for other coaches in Nigeria and worldwide to beat. He brought smiles to the faces of many Nigerians when we won the cup.

Death is inevitable be it now or later, the prayer is whenever we die, we should be remembered as a Hero, as a national ICON for the world to reckon with. He knew he was sick but in his tireless efforts to make this nation proud, he led us into the Junior World Cup Finals.
If we look critically at wat makes this nation happy this year, we shall mention Coach Tella's victory at the World Cup Final.
Even the president of the country was moved. Soooooooooo,   what else would a man ask for?

The world will surely miss u, Africans will miss u, Nigerians will miss u, Football fans will miss u, Ur players that u brought into limelight will miss u, I will miss u and ur family will definitely miss u.

Rest In peace My Coach of the year
Rest In peace Coach Tella. cry cry cry
You are truely a HERO
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by vikiviko(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2007
Adieu Tella.

Death is never planned sometimes could be avoided.

Tella's case should have been avaoided if logisitics were put in place.

Firstly we were told from LUTH that they have 1 life supporting machine, which the governor of Lagos state promised to add another.
For a big hospital like Luth to have 1 machine is really sad, what happens if they have 5 patients waiting for support machines. They will all wait and die one after the other

He survived 2 major surgeries before his timely date.

He should have remained in Korea for treatments.
It will be intriguing to see how an irresponsible FA can co-ordinate the government to immortalise Tella.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Akhan1(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
rest in peace Tella
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by sowura(m): 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2007
YEMI TELLA SUUN RE O(REST IN PEACE)
i am not surprised by the attitude of the NFA. i would have been more surprised if they had acted otherwise. their treatment of our footballers has never been anything short of selfishness. they use and dump players and coaches without consideration. little wonder then that our younger players have learnt from the xperience of others and they have put club above country. just looking at the long list of abandoned sports men compared to that of well off administrators and you will understand.Imagine Atiku Abubakar who ranks top on list of worst Nigerian leaders was flown abroad for an ordinary leg injury, talk of misplaced priorities!!!!!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Soundmind(m): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2007
May His Soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ratiken(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2007
Must we blame government all the time? We can blame the government for poor health facilities but certainly not for Yemi's death. I still know that there is yet no treatment for cancer, i stand to be corrected.
What if his last feat was God's last plan for him?, We are all created for different reasons.
But if putting the blame on the government makes you feel better, then put the whole load of blame on them(na dem cause am).
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ronnieslimz(f): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2007
eeeewo!!wetin be dis again!!! arrrghh. .

may his gentle soul rest in perect peace cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by spora(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2007
RIP cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2007
at last . . . . . . . . he died! sad

I pray God to console his family and loved one and give them the fortitude to bear it all.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by PRINCEA31(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2007
sad sadThis is  agreat lost for Nigeria. thank god for kanu's life, what would have happen to him after olimpic!

Nigeria government should wake up and think ahead, we cant continue losing our gold due to our incompetent.

""Yemi Tella, your name will remain remarkable and your children will never lack.
RIP.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2007
PRINCE A3:

Nigeria government should wake up and think ahead, we can't continue losing our[b] gold due to our incompetent[/b].

hmmmh, we are hoping for a better Nigeria. . . .
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by kosiie: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2007
quite unfortunate embarassed

may his gentle soul rip cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by mamus2010(f): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2007
may his soul rest in perfect peace (amen)
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by folahann(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2007
shck shck shock
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Darola(m): 1:14am On Oct 23, 2007
Its a shame he left when the ovation was at its highest, atleast he made a name for himself before he left, May his Soul Rest in Peace, Amen
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by TCUBE(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
how dare u cpmpare a terminally ill coach to stella who died of complications from a 2 hour procedure? how dare thee?
A whole hospital without a RT department, ? Is that how terminally ill people die? So next time u see a politician wey comot go london to receieve treatment for common head-ache , nop blame amm,

People just donnt die from terminal illness like that, You forgeting that the dude just came back healthy from a cup championship, Terminal sickness is different from chronic, stop posting up nonsence!

Just pray that the almighty Respiratory therapy is supplying the 02 U need in a naija hospital cos if he aint , then see yaaaaaaaa
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by amaikama(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2007
Let light a candle for him. cry cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by zeeco(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2007
[color=Black][/color]
[b][/b]Coach Adeyemi Tella is the best Tactitian Nigeria had in this millenium!He's the coolest coach any player can work with.I heard the comments put up by his Boys(Our World cup Winners),the man really made a difference in Nigerian football! But it is so sad that he had to go so soon.The NFA or other governing bodies are not to blame,it's his time to leave that is why he went.So will everybody at the appointed time.He was remembered by his achievements and extraordinary character,what will you and i be remembered of,good or bad?Let's work hard,be honest,and be the best at what we do and the world even our svaiour will remember us for good!!!
Regards
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by TmeD0(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2007
I don't know the full details of the incident but like someone said, let's not hastily jump into conclusions here. Indeed our government is corrupt and could give a rat's behind if one of its citizens is slowing dying. If what some posters are saying is true that he was terminally ill from cancer, then the chances of surviving is very slim. Should the government be blamed for that? I don't think so. Perhaps, we can blame the government for showing lack of compassion for the man when he needed it most. Like I stated, I do not know the facts of this incident but just like another poster stated, let's celebrate the man's achievement and hopefully, he would be greatly honored in Naija. May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by lapumpin: 8:39am On Oct 25, 2007
another lose of human resource cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Gettolove(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2007
shocked sad cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by kemisole(f): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2007
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Millena(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2007
May his soul rest in peace. He surely left when the ovation was loudest.
We miss u Tella.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by djcrucifix(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2007
that is a very unfortunate event, he left while the ovation was loudest, may his gentle soul rest in peace, amen sad sad cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Out Of Order: Kaita Receives Death Threats After Red Card / Nigeria's Squad For U-17 World Cup / Nigeria's Team At U-17 Women's World Cup: Azerbaijan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.