Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,268 members, 7,887,784 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

Trying To Be A Good man Is Not Good-there Are No Good Women Out There For You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trying To Be A Good man Is Not Good-there Are No Good Women Out There For You. (576 Views)

Whoever Said Money No Good For Body, Is A Bastard Liar (pics) >:( / Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me / How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trying To Be A Good man Is Not Good-there Are No Good Women Out There For You. by dealordea(m): 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
This generation of women - the children of the 80's - 90's have grown up with this feminist mentality of the 60's empowering them to be like "men". Out of the many "freeing" ideals to come about in the 60's the one which has affected modern relationships the most is the fact that women think they can sleep around "like" men do.

Let me clarify. Women seem to think that men can sleep around and not be affected by it, that they get to have their good time and not get attached and wham bam thank you ma'am mentality prevails. However, this is SOOO far from the case and in accordance with what I've come to discover as irrational female thought.

Women seem to have this view of men, but forget how non-committal, unambitious, dishonest and shady men become when they take on a lifestyle of wanton intimate encounters. Now, of course we are all built differently so not all men and not all women are affected by this the same way. This is a generalization, but I don't think it's a gross one. Also, keep in mind men are "programmed" to spread the seed, or what have you, and still there are side affects that come about.

What I have found in this new generation of women is that they bleep around, have a "good" time - but as that "good" time trudges on, they find that they have a hard time having emotional and physical relationships with the same person. It's either one or the other. This I have come to find has caused many women to be split in two by being unable to reconcile their party girl "slutty" side with their relational emotional side, and be both of those things with one person.

Which when taken in aggregate makes sense as to why women seem to need to be played, put down and picked up in order to stick with a guy long enough to where their emotionally invested and get into that "please him" phase. This also makes sense when viewed with the rise of bleep buddies and friends with benefits.

In addition, this isn't just affecting women, it's affecting men too - because on the opposite side of the coin, men have been advertised too, watched movies about, colloquially impregnated with the notion of "sensitivity" that women want to be listened too, held and made to feel special.

Maybe this is just me, and maybe it's because I  broke up with someone and maybe it's because I just spent the WORST mother fing weekend of my life in a place I didn't want to be with a person who I came to realize no longer liked me, but I think this makes a lot of non-jaded sense.

Peace out.

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty,the Brains & The Beast Of NL Romance Section / Trust In Relationship / You Have A Lot To Write But Lets Hear U Speak It!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.