Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,916 members, 7,879,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu (7891 Views)

3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / We Killed Over 300 Boko Haram Fighters, Says Niger Defence Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by T8ksy(m): 2:07am On Feb 22, 2012
dayokanu:

Then Effiong must be a liar cos he said Ojukwu fled. Or fleeing isnt chickening out, Maybe he [b]turkey[/b]ed out grin grin

Turkeyed ke? abi na turncoat?

But wait o, i remembered "Prof" Dede amidst his usual big grammars, suggested that Ojukwu was in fact, going to procure more arms to prosecute war with and therefore was VERY PI.SSED  off when he heard later that Effiong had surrendered his biafran troops. Consequently, he had no choice but to stay behind in abidjan!!!

Now who is a revisionist per excellence?

High_Chief:

And can you tell me if the number wouldnt have passed the 3million that died if they were unchallanged. Listen and get it right, the killings in the North is still happening today simply because the perpertrators since 1966 has been going free and it will continue that way. Now tell me, where you expecting Ojukwu to fold his hands and watch your Northern masters slaughter Ndigbo at will? Ojukwu tried every possible means to resolve the issue amicably before he opted for the last resort. The pogrom was tagged "Extinction of Ndigbo" and you expect Ndigbo to just sit and watch. Its a shame that people like you instead of condemnin the evil meted out to Igbos is accusing Ojukwu for protecting his people. I have said it time and again, it is only Moses in the Bible that had shown his people the kind of love that Ojukwu showed to Ndigbo.

I cant respond to your post, cos apparantly you are not making any sense. Grab some books mate

Of course, it won't make any sense to you as you have no "fact" to counter my statement. All you have to do is find out if it was true that Ojukwu sent his people back to the north on receiving Gowon's assurance that they will be protected. This was in the latter part of July '67. Of course, ibos went back and were duly slaughtered again. their last exodus from the north was in oct. '67.

@ bolded,

Geez! That's sickening man! Did moses "turkeyed" away in the middle of the night and abandoned the isrealites to their fate? Its very insulting to other xtians to hear you refer to moses and ojukwu in the same breadth. They are obvious opposites even in the context of how each of them manifested their love for their people.

Thank our myriad dieties that Awo did not expressed his love for the yorubas in like manner. He was there with us till the end and in between was jailed (10years) by his[b] haters [/b] on false charges.
Now that's a true leader. Not the one that led his people to war, ill-equipped and after wasting millions of them, fled to save his own neck.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by HighChief4(m): 5:20am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^You know the world is coming to an end when people refer to an ex-con who took his own life as their hero. Twaaaaaa
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by Ojiofor: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2012
Una no dey shame one bit?your so called leader was jailed u couldn't do shit until our brave boys acted and got him out of that shit hole.Abiola died in jail u did nothing OBJ would still have died in jail if his AWUSA masters didn't pull him out of that Abacha pit, na only to make noise for internet una sabi, they are killing ur folks in the north all u guys could do is to pretend as usaul, ah is Igbo problem,

Ikemba fought for 3yrs the feds could not capture nor kill him in battle until he left with most of his cabinet members including Gen Effiong family and was received by the president of Ivory Coast at arrival,

If I may ask ndi ofenmamu,how long did it take US army to capture Saddam and how long did it take Libya rebels to take out Ghadafi?

Una have Awusa to thank sha!
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by ekwynwa: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2012
Ojiofor:

Una no dey shame one bit?your so called leader was jailed u couldn't do poo until our brave boys acted and got him out of that poo hole.Abiola died in jail u did nothing OBJ would still have died in jail if his AWUSA masters didn't pull him out of that Abacha pit, na only to make noise for internet una sabi, they are killing ur folks in the north all u guys could do is to pretend as usaul, ah is Igbo problem,

Ikemba fought for 3yrs the feds could not capture nor kill him in battle until he left with most of his cabinet members including Gen Effiong family and was received by the president of Ivory Coast at arrival,

If I may ask ndi ofenmamu,how long did it take US army to capture Saddam and how long did it take Libya rebels to take out Ghadafi?

Una have Awusa to thank sha!

dont mind them, their Hausa Masters do not give a poo about them tongue
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by dustydee: 9:24am On Feb 22, 2012
playing to the gallery as usual.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by steeviee(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2012
T8ksy:

Turkeyed ke? abi na turncoat?

But wait o, i remembered "Prof" Dede amidst his usual big grammars, suggested that Ojukwu was in fact, going to procure more arms to prosecute war with and therefore was VERY PI.SSED off when he heard later that Effiong had surrendered his biafran troops. Consequently, he had no choice but to stay behind in abidjan!!!

Now who is a revisionist per excellence?

Of course, it won't make any sense to you as you have no "fact" to counter my statement. All you have to do is find out if it was true that Ojukwu sent his people back to the north on receiving Gowon's assurance that they will be protected. This was in the latter part of July '67. Of course, ibos went back and were duly slaughtered again. their last exodus from the north was in oct. '67.

@ bolded,

Geez! That's sickening man! Did moses "turkeyed" away in the middle of the night and abandoned the isrealites to their fate? Its very insulting to other xtians to hear you refer to moses and ojukwu in the same breadth. They are obvious opposites even in the context of how each of them manifested their love for their people.

Thank our myriad dieties that Awo did not expressed his love for the yorubas in like manner. He was there with us till the end and in between was jailed (10years) by his[b] haters [/b] on false charges.
Now that's a true leader. Not the one that led his people to war, ill-equipped and after wasting millions of them, fled to save his own neck.

Another lame citation.

Pa Awo of blessed memory was a COWARD! He didnt understand the true call of a leader. He was licking A.S.S here and there.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by Eziachi: 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
aribisala0:

Well Awo was not a soldier so I would imagine and certainly hope that Ojukwu was a braver man as far as military issues are concerned.

I do not know that Awo was the first . I know that many did before Ojukwu for the simple reason that they were  older than him

There were many others particularly from ethnic minorities who expressed their own concerns. Ahmadu Bello expressed his own views and it is well documented how these issues posed challenges for securing independence.

Nigerians have known for a very long time that we have problems. People differ on how to resolve them. I think you misunderstand the sentence in which I used the term "SNC"

I am talking about highlighting the issues not the call for SNC
Those like you who chose to live and die of the lies they had been told should continue. Do read the minutes of the Aburi I had just re-published as I did few years ago and judge your present from the past.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
Eziachi:

Those like you who chose to live and die of the lies they had been told should continue. Do read the minutes of the Aburi I had just re-published as I did few years ago and judge your present from the past.

Can you not discuss without commenting on me . If you disagree with me state your  perspective of things!!

If you have a point make it!

Do you know me?

Does your mother or father know me?

Did they tell you we are relatives

Learn how to discuss issues without making personal remarks

I think you are a complete idiiot.

What do you mean "those like you"?

Baboon!
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by ekwynwa: 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
well done Talba minna
OJUKWU is a HERO tongue
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by ekwynwa: 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
Haters are still here shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by T8ksy(m): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^You know the world is coming to an end when people refer to an ex-con who took his own life as their hero. Twaaaaaa

I guess its a case of culture clash!!!

we yorubas will rather lionise one who stood with us through thick and thin than one who legged it in the

middle of the night after he has led us into a shambolic war. whilst ibo were dying on the battlefront, Ojukwu

was busy preparing for his escape trip to Abidjan.

steeviee:

Another lame citation.

Pa Awo of blessed memory was a COWARD! He didnt understand the true call of a leader. He was licking A.S.S here and there.

That my dear is your opinion and you are welcome to it. Do i need to remind you that Zik

was busy licking TB's a.ss in the 1st republic and in the second republic Shagari rightly called him a "washed-

out LovePeddler".

Even your ex-warlord came back from abidjan to lick the same northerners ars.e - these are the same guys

who carried out a pogrom on the ibos.

Yes, ojukwu joined NPN.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by HighChief4(m): 2:13am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^I would rather have anybody as a hero but a JAILBIRD
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by tpia5: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
this high thief one never has anything worthwhile to contribute to a thread.

anyway, na your life.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by tpia5: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ topic

In his tribute, the chief host, Chief Sunny Odogwu, recalled that his relationship with the late Ojukwu started when “we were both under nine years of age and continued without interruption until our creator temporarily parted us.”

Odogwu said the family had their first transport business in Lagos at the first house built on Oshodi Street, which was at the time occupied by the Takpa people from Niger State.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/2/509.html

one of these days, all these secrets and loose ends will be straightened out sha.
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by HighChief4(m): 1:43am On Mar 03, 2012
^^^You know I enjoy you more as pweety4me. My regards to your doctors, they are doing a wonderful job
Re: I’ll Do Same If In Ojukwu's Position, Says Niger State Gov Aliyu by Akwafinaaa: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
How the USA does it!

Background

While inland states have[b] historically shared 50 percent of all revenues generated from royalties and bids for onshore oil and natural gas production with the federal government[/b], states producing offshore oil and gas beyond the first three miles of federal waters off of their shores have not. However, this has since changed.

Enacted on December 20, 2006, The Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act (GOMESA) created revenue sharing provisions for several oil and natural gas producing states while increasing access to oil and natural gas supplies in the Gulf of Mexico (Gulf). The revenue sharing provisions allocated a share of oil and natural gas revenues to Alabama, Louisiana, Mississipi and Texas for directly supporting offshore activities and onshore infrastructure.

From 2007 through 2016, the four Gulf oil and gas producing states will share 37.5 percent of revenues from new leases in the 0.5 million acres in the Eastern Gulf and the 5.8 million acres in the Central Gulf. After 2016, they will share 37.5 percent of revenues from all Gulf leases issued after December 2006.

Importance of revenue sharing for local governments, states and consumers
Revenue sharing from production on federal waters is critical, as it significantly benefits local governments, promotes national economic interests and generates additional federal revenues by increasing state and local participation. Such sharing facilitates a closer partnership among federal, state, and local agencies. Individual states are also afforded additional opportunities to dedicate funds to vital coastal areas and projects, such as coastal conservation, restoration and hurricane protection. In fact, Louisiana has directed that all monies derived from offshore revenue sharing go to coastal protection, wetland mitigation efforts and hurricane protection measures.

Other states have recently expressed a desire to receive the same benefits from oil and gas production off of their coasts, similar to those received by the Gulf states. Several coastal states, such as Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia, have expressed interest in understanding more about their available offshore resources and the royalty revenues that could be derived if development were to occur.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia Pensioners Protest In Umuahia Over Unpaid Pensions. / Much Ado About Election Reordering / President Tinubu To Attend G20 Summit In India To Promote Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.