Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,632 members, 7,901,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4562497 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
The other time I highlighted the importance of having cash reserves, it is important for individuals, businesses and countries. Companies like Zenith bank have over N500 billion in reserves, Apple has over $120 billion, Warren Buffet has almost $100 billion. While Nigeria with over 200 million people has less than $40 billion. I doubt if the state governments have any reserves at all

Assuming our country has enough cash reserves, workers who have been paying tax for a minimum of 12 months ought to be given at 50% of their monthly salaries as palliatives because of the pandemic.

Airline companies won't pay April salaries to their workers.

I got a rude shock from the Internal Revenue Service about 2 weeks ago, asking why I have not forwarded the March PAYE tax of my workers to them.

FG might not have money to share to the states as from May. Unfortunately it is businesses that the state governments will tax and stress in order to get enough funds to pay civil servants and manage the states.

The current or expected recession is going to affect workers, businesses, business owners, self employed, traders, citizens, governments, tithers, non-thithers, pastors, parishioners, side chicks, sugar daddies, tenants, landlords, celebrities, fans, political, poor, rich, old , young, urban dwellers, rural people, students, the list is endless.

May God help us to put an end to this, so that the economy will start looking up.

It will definitely require a big miracle for Lagos not to be locked down for beyond 2 months which is 8 weeks

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
IamR:

One has already burst in Abeokuta. The name of the company is INSURRA SERVICE LTD. Investors are crying now.

What business are they into
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Between the third and fourth quarter of this year, some people who invested in most of these High Yield Investments will realize that they have invested in a Ponzi scheme by then the bubbles would have bursted
It will be on record that they were warned and history will vindicate us.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sholapey:
I removed it because of the PM some people have been sending to my inbox. Such as, can I know you better, "can we hang out" and I don't want to bring it here because we are all here to gain more knowledge of investments, I don't have time for bullshit. The pink f' by my name revealed my sex as female. I can't change my handle for no one...so I removed it for less drama n to stay safe.
Please can I know you better, can we hangout? grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

What business are they into
35% interest for 30 working days
20% interest for 20 working days
10% interest for 10 working days

They said they are into:
Insurra Binary
Insurra Forex
Telecommunication
Transportation
Logistics
Mobile Devices

I heard Abeokuta people are not smiling now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
IamR:

35% interest for 30 working days
20% interest for 20 working days
10% interest for 10 working days

They said they are into:
Insurra Binary
Insurra Forex
Telecommunication
Transportation
Logistics
Mobile Devices

I heard Abeokuta people are not smiling now.

There will always be new mugus.

If they come back to Abeokuta in 5 years time, they will still make money from another set of mugus

Because the average person love short cuts, are lazy but want the good things of life.

If it is too good to be true, then it should be a scam

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There will always be new mugus.

If they come to Abeokuta in 5 years time, they will still make money.

Because the average person love short cuts, are lazy but want the good things of life.

If it is too good to be true, then it should be a scam
This is too good.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
kristien4:
Lol...No we can't! We were warned to keep social distancing, I'm a law abiding citizen.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
MelesZanawi:

If you believe everything you read here, you must be very impressionable.
This is actually sieving the wheat from chaff

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
The decline in oil revenue for Nigeria will last for months to come, other countries badly hit by this fall are Ecuador, Iraq.

Logically, since Nigeria earns less USD since the decline in oil revenue and has high demand of USD from Importers, multinationals, businesses operating in Nigeria, it is only a matter of time before the CBN devalues the Naira.

Someone from my office offered me 500 dollars today at N350/$, deal or no deal guys?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sholapey:
Lol...No we can't! We are warned to keep social distancing, I'm a law abiding citizen.

Social distance is quite different from mutual distance.

@ Kristien4, madam is happily married so you might not need to know her better than this.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

@ Kristien4, madam is happily married so you might not need to know her better than this.
Thank you sir! Happily married with kids.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Lol.. Noted. cool cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Franky826: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
The decline in oil revenue for Nigeria will last for months to come, other countries badly hit by this fall are Ecuador, Iraq.

Logically, since Nigeria earns less USD since the decline in oil revenue and has high demand of USD from Importers, multinationals, businesses operating in Nigeria, it is only a matter of time before the CBN devalues the Naira.

Someone from my office offered me 500 dollars today at N350/$, deal or no deal guys?

It's a no brainer considering USD is currently selling for N410. What you should be checking is if the USD he has is counterfeit.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Can someone please help me differentiate in simple-to-understand English the difference between coupon and yield rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Well with the new policy that has stopped sale of dollars to BDC....I believe in the interim we wont be badly affected as such plus cost of petroleum products (which accounts for over 50% of the high demand) has plummeted too
TotoNaRubber:

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Franky826:

It's a no brainer considering USD is currently selling for N410. What you should be checking is if the USD he has is counterfeit.

Loooooool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by X21: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=creategist post=88730858]Can someone please help me differentiate in simple-to-understand English the difference between coupon and yield rates? [/q

coupon= original rate
yield =current rate

what you will get after buying from secondary market is the yield. cuopon is the rate at primary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
kristien4:

emmanuelewumi:

kristien4:
Lol.. Noted. cool cool

I guess you now know her better. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chrisfaco(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=88664037]

This will also pass away, don't lose faith, keep praying and hoping

It is a lesson for all of u
new to nairaland just checking it out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Rosabon offers high returns on Q2 Treasury Note...

Rosabon Financial Services has offered for subscription, its second quarter Treasury Note to help customers save during this COVID-19 period. The company in statement said that Rosabon Treasury Note (RTN) offers high returns, with opportunity for interest rate as high as 16.5 per cent.The Rosabon Treasury Note (RTN), which is a bulk fund placement offering that allows individuals to gain high returns on disposable funds, is available for both new and existing customers who are saving towards a financial goal.

Read More: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/rosabon-offers-high-returns-on-q2-treasury-note/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
NL1960:

I guess you now know her better. cheesy grin

Omo see word play. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my side chic enjoys from a boom..only strictly from my rules ...so make she they pray make t.b nove back to 18.5 above my 12.5 target or some crazy cement sale
I hope you're just trying to be funny cause if you're married (or committed to whatever kind of intimate relationship) you shouldn't have a side chic

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
The other time I highlighted the importance of having cash reserves, it is important for individuals, businesses and countries. Companies like Zenith bank have over N500 billion in reserves, Apple has over $120 billion, Warren Buffet has almost $100 billion. While Nigeria with over 200 million people has less than $40 billion. I doubt if the state governments have any reserves at all

Assuming our country has enough cash reserves, workers who have been paying tax for a minimum of 12 months ought to be given at 50% of their monthly salaries as palliatives because of the pandemic.

Airline companies won't pay April salaries to their workers.

I got a rude shock from the Internal Revenue Service about 2 weeks ago, asking why I have not forwarded the March PAYE tax of my workers to them.

FG might not have money to share to the states as from May. Unfortunately it is businesses that the state governments will tax and stress in order to get enough funds to pay civil servants and manage the states.

The current or expected recession is going to affect workers, businesses, business owners, self employed, traders, citizens, governments, tithers, non-thithers, pastors, parishioners, side chicks, sugar daddies, tenants, landlords, celebrities, fans, political, poor, rich, old , young, urban dwellers, rural people, students, the list is endless.

May God help us to put an end to this, so that the economy will start looking up.

It will definitely require a big miracle for Lagos not to be locked down for beyond 2 months which is 8 weeks

Nigeria is a country of contradictions , with a lot of wrong priorities . we are in my estimation a poor country although they like to sugarcoat it by saying we are a middle income country , gdp per capital of around 2k dollar , the new poverty capital of the world with close to 90m people living below the poverty line

We live beyond our means , we have some of the highest paid politicians in the world , the average nigeria is not left out . No savings , nothing

We are not a very productive nation , bringing nothing to the table of world commerce and economy except raw produce like crude oil and agric produce , no value addition most times only to reimport refined/ value added products

Add to that the colossal waste of our meagre national resources due to mismanagement and outright incompetence by our political and economic leaders over the past decades and you can begin to see the kind Of serious trouble we dey . Not mentioning corruption and Population growth that are still among the highest , problems boku

More Serious winter is coming

I join my faith to yours to hope for the miracle that will happen but at the same time I will prepare for winter grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nnamz:

I hope you're just trying to be funny cause if you're married (or committed to whatever kind of intimate relationship) you shouldn't have a side chic

Says who?
I think that discussion is a private one. Let's not drag it too long on this thread. There are several threads in the family section for that.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
afroxyz:

This is actually sieving the wheat from chaff

I understand.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:21am On Apr 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u no understand ...if i blow like well well like owning an oil vessel , depot and 40 stations 50 trucķs and 10m dollars working capital ...then i fit add another wife ...first wife na necessity, second na fantasy is shouldnt come as a burden
Quick question for you chief. Can your wife also add a second husband? I remember you said she makes millions from her school (or schools) so she can afford it I presume.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Very good and honourable to stick to the women who added value to us and stood by us when things were not rosy.

Men will always be men, but we should respect and honour those wonderful women. Side chicks or whatever should always know and understand their positions in the scheme of things .

Hope we have not deviated from Investment talks to family affairs?
You were making sense until you said side chicks should know their position. In the first place there should not even be a position opened for side chicks.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:03am On Apr 23, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Brings us back to the initial question I asked you.
Mention a single Onitsha styled business of sole proprietorship that is in the second generation of ownership.
Forget this second generation thing biko. Enjoy your life during your lifetime and give your kids what you owe them: good education. Let each generation fend for themselves abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:19am On Apr 23, 2020
ositadima1:

Lol @ bolded, I have counted up to 3 of his monikers on this thread. I wonder why someone would be changing handle every few week.
Is he Kunle aka healthserve aka...the rest I can't remember lol

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:49am On Apr 23, 2020
Nnamz:

Quick question for you chief. Can your wife also add a second husband? I remember you said she makes millions from her school (or schools) so she can afford it I presume.
Have you seen any woman with two husbands in this part of the world?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Nnamz:

You were making sense until you said side chicks should know their position. In the first place there should not even be a position opened for side chicks.

Just being realistic, men are naturally polygamist, some religions allow polygamy our culture also allows polygamy.

Even if you are a monogamist, a successful man or a man who controls power and influence naturally attracts women. Some of the women could be admirers, some graduate from being admirers and want something more or serious

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2253) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m), Hogwarthtrades, hfc80 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.