Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,763 members, 7,935,267 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4614854 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:00pm On Jul 25
Oshokhai69:

But his original post was specifically about Goldman. True or false? Why don’t you just admit you were wrong instead of arguing and trying to appear right?

Perhaps you have an issue with reading on a thread.

Go back and read.

I made a post, some guy commented impulsively on it.

It shouldn't be so hard for you to see who first made a post and who quoted whom first.

You obviously aren't blind too, cos where I made an assumption in a direct response to a person, I owned up to the assumption, even though it doesn't mean the statement is false. I owned up to the error and apologized.

Maybe it's your phone that's making it a huge struggle for you to follow these flows, or maybe you're just being mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jerry59: 11:11pm On Jul 25
awesomeJ:

Perhaps you have an issue with reading on a thread.

Go back and read.

I made a post, some guy commented impulsively on it.

It shouldn't be so hard for you to see who first made a post and who quoted whom first.

You obviously aren't blind too, cos where I made an assumption in a direct response to a person, I owned up to the assumption, even though it doesn't mean the statement is false. I owned up to the error and apologized.

Maybe it's your phone that's making it a huge struggle for you to follow these flows, or maybe you're just being mischievous.
You've been responding to the same bloke all this while.

Probable the account for trolling got banned hence the need to switch moniker.

What a clown!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 9:34am On Jul 26
Jerry59:
You've been responding to the same bloke all this while.

Probable the account for trolling got banned hence the need to switch moniker.

What a clown!
Gbamsulotely, l said it in my last post Here yesterday, one person with multiple accounts to troll, attack, abuse people, ones the account is banned, he comes out like a gentle lamb 🐑 , comments like >>>>Yamayama fall on your head, bald head, konk on your head, insulting people especially F monikers on food thread etc are all his trademarks angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 2:05pm On Jul 26
Please anyone who uses stanbic for primary TB.How do you get breakdown of the debit from your account or what is the whole deduction from your account for this last TB of 22.1%.This is my first time using stanbic and don't understand the debit done. I was expecting more from my calculation based of 22.1%.I used fbn for it long ago and they took all the money first and when it was successful. I got the interest credited back to my account.
Pls how do I get to see details of the break down on this TB

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 3:00pm On Jul 26
awesomeJ:

Some Goldman and even Middle East money may even flow in and help the currency.
If one buys 30% yield now and naira is at #1200 next year, the effective returns will be 71%.
meaning every $10,000 invested will become $17,100.

But I've gotta watch this school fees season demand first to better predict the market.
If you had USD, would you sell those to hold nigerian Tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26
Olaide1295:

Not yet,

Maybe if reserves are around $42bn by October and rates are below 1500 and falling.

Markets are hard to exactly time or predict, but watching some macros can give us pointers.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:52pm On Jul 26
Other things I'd keep an eye out for are:
- NNPC getting their acts together and having production ramped up to around 2m bpd;

- Dangote Refinery buying crude in naira, selling at least 80% of our fuel consumption in local currency, and selling $500m+ at NAFEM monthly

- Production of solid minerals like Gold ramping up

Those sort of things would mean real hope for a rebound.

But if it's all about "give us time" "give us time" that the government keeps saying after running through 30% of their time, then I've gotta hedge well.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 6:10pm On Jul 26
awesomeJ:

Not yet,

Maybe if reserves are around $42bn by October and rates are below 1500 and falling.

Markets are hard to exactly time or predict, but watching some macros can give us pointers.

So if you would not, why would you think that seasoned investors from top foreign investment houses would convert their dollars to Naira to invest in T bills of a country where things are falling apart like a pack of cards? Can’t you see the ridiculousness in that statement?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 6:13pm On Jul 26
awesomeJ:
Other things I'd keep an eye out for are:
- NNPC getting their acts together and having production ramped up to around 2m bpd;

- Dangote Refinery buying crude in naira, selling at least 80% of our fuel consumption in local currency, and selling $500m+ at NAFEM monthly

- Production of solid minerals like Gold ramping up

Those sort of things would mean real hope for a rebound.

But if it's all about "give us time" "give us time" that the government keeps saying after running through 30% of their time, then I've gotta hedge well.

And you think seasoned investors from top investment banks with first class research houses don’t know these things? Are you smarter than them? You will hold your USD but think they are rushing here to buy the T-Bills because of a hopeless 30% yield?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tabithababy(f): 6:49pm On Jul 26
Please abeg when is the next T bill primary auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26
Oshokhai69:

And you think seasoned investors from top investment banks with first class research houses don’t know these things? Are you smarter than them? You will hold your USD but think they are rushing here to buy the T-Bills because of a hopeless 30% yield?

Yes.

What your dumb ass need to learn is that carry traders can easily raise $5bn dollars, exchange at 1600, push liquidity to the market, crash rates to 1200 and exit with over 50% gains in a matter of months.

It doesn't mean dumb asses like you who only have $5000 more or less, will be capable of taking such positions.

I know it'd be better to ignore you given the fact that your trolling profile has been established, but I feel it's costs nothing to add some knowledge to you.

Maybe your brain will get filled to a level that you begin to see the need to really get a life and stop fooling around.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 7:59pm On Jul 26
awesomeJ:

Yes.

What your dumb ass need to learn is that carry traders can easily raise $5bn dollars, exchange at 1600, push liquidity to the market, crash rates to 1200 and exit with over 50% gains in a matter of months.

It doesn't mean dumb asses like you who only have $5000 more or less, will be capable of taking such positions.

I know it'd be better to ignore you given the fact that your trolling profile has been established, but I feel it's costs nothing to add some knowledge to you.

Maybe your brain will get filled to a level that you begin to see the need to really get a life and stop fooling around.

I am no troll and I have no idea what those clowns are talking about when they say I am the other person. But what I can assure you of is that you can never ever smell the circles I roll in. Real talk!

You always think anyone that faults your illogical reasoning is out to get you and then you resort to insults. This is your modus operandi here and everyone knows that.

See the frustration in your comments on an anonymous forum. You sound like a narcissist and I’m willing to bet that you are a very unhappy person in real life.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 8:13pm On Jul 26
awesomeJ:

Yes.

Back to the issue at hand. You sit in your room and type about how investors are trooping in and out of Nigeria and investing billions of dollars and making 50% gains but if I ask you to show proof of these investments, you will start stammering. If it was so easy for investors to come and crash rates, why haven’t rates crashed since you claim the investors have been trooping in?

Dude, learn to only make comments that you can back with facts. You look very dumb when you make these beer parlour comments that you cannot back with facts. Yet, when asked if you could change your USD to buy T bills, you start contradicting yourself and thinking you sound smart.

The Nigerian economy is in shambles at the moment. The Naira has been very unstable and just hanging in there via artificial means. No smart investor is changing their USD to buy Naira to buy T bills right now. Of what use is a 30% yield on Tbills when you do not know what the Dollar will be selling at when you want to exit? Or you think those investors do not know that 1500 is not the true value of the Naira?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sitmr: 8:55pm On Jul 26
Olaide1295:

Sold mine to invest in Treasury bill. I don't see the naira depreciating 28% in the next one year. That's going from current 1590 to 2035. CBN will do anything to prevent it.

And if the currency appreciates to 1000-1100, I will sell it and buy USD.

This is not financial advice. Just what I did. Like someone else said, it's difficult to time the market. No one knows what the market will do tomorrow

NB: The USD was bought at an average of 990 and sold at 1550.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 10:50pm On Jul 26
Oshokhai69:

Back to the issue at hand. You sit in your room and type about how investors are trooping in and out of Nigeria and investing billions of dollars and making 50% gains but if I ask you to show proof of these investments, you will start stammering. If it was so easy for investors to come and crash rates, why haven’t rates crashed since you claim the investors have been trooping in?

Dude, learn to only make comments that you can back with facts. You look very dumb when you make these beer parlour comments that you cannot back with facts. Yet, when asked if you could change your USD to buy T bills, you start contradicting yourself and thinking you sound smart.

The Nigerian economy is in shambles at the moment. The Naira has been very unstable and just hanging in there via artificial means. No smart investor is changing their USD to buy Naira to buy T bills right now. Of what use is a 30% yield on Tbills when you do not know what the Dollar will be selling at when you want to exit? Or you think those investors do not know that 1500 is not the true value of the Naira?
Let me help you out here though I operate most in stock market. You can get the information you are looking for from cbn/DMO monthly as per foreign investment in nigeria fixed market and from sec on nigeria stock market.I am smarter than many of dumb ass who still think keeping dollars is a better investment idea.I sold all the dollars I had in my dorm account btw 1450 -1500 which I bought long ago at 190.I have made far better returns in it than keeping it waiting for another stupid 1900 that will not happen. It is far better in doing TB now than keeping dollars that will never give you 30% anytime soon.And if you feel you can put a bet on it that dollars will never give you 30% in the next 1 yr.It is not by speaking English or making noise with 10k - 30k dollars .The guys with real dollars don't even want people to know about them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donsheddy: 10:57pm On Jul 26
Streetinvestor2:
Let me help you out here though I operate most in stock market. You can get the information you are looking for from cbn/DMO monthly as per foreign investment in nigeria fixed market and from sec on nigeria stock market.I am smarter than many of dumb ass who still think keeping dollars is a better investment idea.I sold all the dollars I had in my dorm account btw 1450 -1500 which I bought long ago at 190.I have made far better returns in it than keeping it waiting for another stupid 1900 that will not happen. It is far better in doing TB now than keeping dollars that will never give you 30% anytime soon.And if you feel you can put a bet on it that dollars will never give you 30% in the next 1 yr.It is not by speaking English or making noise with 10k - 30k dollars .The guys with real dollars don't even want people to know about them.

So are you saying the naira wont hit 2000$ in the next one year at this rate!!?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 11:13pm On Jul 26
Donsheddy:

So are you saying the naira wont hit 2000$ in the next one year at this rate!!?
Yes it is not happening unless we have civil unrest from the proposed protest.And food inflation will definitely start coming down from September because of new harvest. I can bet on the dollars. I am siting already on 100% in the investment I made from selling of my dollars too in stocks.Anyone buying dollars at 1500 and above for profit is not investment wise unless you are just buying to store your savings in dollars instead of naira.
And if the refineries in nigeria later become a success story within the next one year.Your name will become what I wrong move
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donsheddy: 11:24pm On Jul 26
Streetinvestor2:
Yes it is not happening unless we have civil unrest from the proposed protest.And food inflation will definitely start coming down from September because of new harvest. I can bet on the dollars. I am siting already on 100% in the investment I made from selling of my dollars too in stocks.Anyone buying dollars at 1500 and above for profit is not investment wise unless you are just buying to store your savings in dollars instead of naira.
And if the refineries in nigeria later become a success story within the next one year.Your name will become what I wrong move

Its 1600 already
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 11:54pm On Jul 26
Donsheddy:

Its 1600 already
It can go back to #1500 in a day or two.what was it in the last 3 -4 months now..The truth I have come to realise is that most people who shout about dollars on this forum are either financial illiterates or not vast in other investment vehicles. They don't even follow economic happenings,possibilities and causes..Do you know the singular thing putting so much pressure on the naira they can't tell you. All they tell youis buy dollars and hope it gets 2k.Who does that kind of investment again....very soon they will tell you to pray and fast for it to happen.
If the government can move crude productions to 2m barrel and price remains good.Then we stop importing refined products. I will see what will keep dollars even at #1500 for long again

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Jul 27
Streetinvestor2:

It can go back to #1500 in a day or two.what was it in the last 3 -4 months now..The truth I have come to realise is that most people who shout about dollars on this forum are either financial illiterates or not vast in other investment vehicles. They don't even follow economic happenings,possibilities and causes..Do you know the singular thing putting so much pressure on the naira they can't tell you. All they tell youis buy dollars and hope it gets 2k.Who does that kind of investment again....very soon they will tell you to pray and fast for it to happen.
If the government can move crude productions to 2m barrel and price remains good.Then we stop importing refined products. I will see what will keep dollars even at #1500 for long again

Lol. Corruption will.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donsheddy: 6:57am On Jul 27
Acidosis:

Lol. Corruption will.

He sounded like he just came to Nigeria...
Naira is a bullish assest always on the rise 😂

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:20am On Jul 27
Oshokhai69:

One day, when you become smart enough, the thread will still be here.
Then you can come back, read and COMPREHEND.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:22am On Jul 27
Oshokhai69:

I am no troll and I have no idea what those clowns are talking about when they say I am the other person. But what I can assure you of is that you can never ever smell the circles I roll in. Real talk!

You always think anyone that faults your illogical reasoning is out to get you and then you resort to insults. This is your modus operandi here and everyone knows that.

See the frustration in your comments on an anonymous forum. You sound like a narcissist and I’m willing to bet that you are a very unhappy person in real life.

I hope for your own sake, that it's true you're not the same person, cos that would be so unfortunate.

I think I can now ignore you. I've certainly given you more attention than you should get.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:11am On Jul 27
awesomeJ:

One day, when you become smart enough, the thread will still be here.
Then you can come back, read and COMPREHEND.

There you go again. Showing your frustrations. You think you are smart? A smart man that makes comments that he cannot back with facts but then resorts to insults to deflect. I can imagine how difficult it would be to deal with you in real life.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 10:14am On Jul 27
Donsheddy:

He sounded like he just came to Nigeria...
Naira is a bullish assest always on the rise 😂
can you tell us the percentage gain of naira to dollars since this year let compare. I hope you have sold all your asset and borrowed more to buy at #1500.I like people to put thr money whr thr mouth is.Are you ready to take a bet on that.Can you tell the people you are telling to buy dollars at this price what is now the true value of naira and how you arrived at it.What has your investment yielded this year on dollar investment.
Or you no get shishi....lol.
And for the record I am fully living in naija
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 10:25am On Jul 27
Oshokhai69:

There you go again. Showing your frustrations. You think you are smart? A smart man that makes comments that he cannot back with facts but then resorts to insults to deflect. I can imagine how difficult it would be to deal with you in real life.
I told you how to get the facts on foreign investors participation in fixed instruments and stocks. Or you don't know how to research for information .You want to be baby feed
Check CBN, DMO ,NSE and SEC monthly report or quarterly report on that.You are really funny. Who do you think has been subscribing for the monthly TB and Bonds.Is it people like you with 10k dollars or just locals .Do you know how much has been sold in TB and bonds since January. If you are a smart investor. Your concern should have been why is the government borrowing at this high rate and how they will manage paying back without triggering another round of inflation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 10:33am On Jul 27
Acidosis:

Lol. Corruption will.
You I know.dollar gang.How much have you made in your investment this year in dollar hold. I am on 100% plus and still counting in oando stock investment. Say you percentage and let see who is a smart investors.The guys on TB here with reinvestment of interest is doing better now.
I came to this thread to catch cruise with dollar gang.My TB primary market was successful and upfront interest is going into MM.Buying dollars to hold is blind man idea of making money. It works for politicians who didn't real buy it instead stole it so he has little or no cost.Buying dollars to keep in your house is far different in investing in dollar instruments with interest yeild don't mistake the two.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 12:48pm On Jul 27
Streetinvestor2:
I told you how to get the facts on foreign investors participation in fixed instruments and stocks. Or you don't know how to research for information .You want to be baby feed
Check CBN, DMO ,NSE and SEC monthly report or quarterly report on that.You are really funny. Who do you think has been subscribing for the monthly TB and Bonds.Is it people like you with 10k dollars or just locals .Do you know how much has been sold in TB and bonds since January. If you are a smart investor. Your concern should have been why is the government borrowing at this high rate and how they will manage paying back without triggering another round of inflation

Look at this one talking nonsense. I have intentionally ignored you before because honestly your post told me the kind of person you are. Not someone I would bother talking to in real life. But let me school you. The T bills are mainly being subscribed to by local institutional investors, mainly pension funds, with trillions of Naira that by regulation must be invested in Nigeria and not foreign investors that are bringing in dollars to subscribe to these bills.

I will school you again. Those sources you have listed do not show you who is investing. Please learn to keep your mouth shut when people are discussing things that you have no idea about. I bet that you have no idea why the rates are going as high as 30%. To someone like you, it is a good sign. Go and check what the yields on bonds and bills being issued by distressed countries are and ask your self why investors are instead fleeing and not investing.

Only a very foolish person thinks an investor sitting in London or New York with billions of dollars will jump on Nigerian T bills because of a 30% yield without looking at other macro factors that effectively eats up all the yield. Please go and learn how these things work so you can stop sounding dull!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 1:00pm On Jul 27
Streetinvestor2:
You I know.dollar gang.How much have you made in your investment this year in dollar hold. I am on 100% plus and still counting in oando stock investment. Say you percentage and let see who is a smart investors.The guys on TB here with reinvestment of interest is doing better now.
I came to this thread to catch cruise with dollar gang.My TB primary market was successful and upfront interest is going into MM.Buying dollars to hold is blind man idea of making money. It works for politicians who didn't real buy it instead stole it so he has little or no cost.Buying dollars to keep in your house is far different in investing in dollar instruments with interest yeild don't mistake the two.

Go and ask real business people invested in the real sector what their experience has been in the past at least 5 years since the Naira started deteriorating. Their businesses are struggling big time. These are people that have to import raw materials, equipment, pay USD loans but are making their money in Naira.

Insiders know the real struggle of these business people and you will begin to see the effects on the profits and stock prices of these companies very shortly. Do you think Dangote Industries is smiling? Did you see what happened to the stock price yesterday? You think that was a joke? Wait until more results come out.

FYI, the wealthiest Nigerians keep most of their savings outside of Nigeria. And they are not doing this for returns. They are doing this to preserve their wealth. Do you know how much wealth people lost by keeping their wealth in Naira in the last 5 to 7 years? Wealthy Nigerians are now wiser.

You are talking about speculating in the stock market? If I check now, you won’t have more than 100k Naira. Mtchewwee!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27
Oshokhai69:

Look at this one talking nonsense. I have intentionally ignored you before because honestly your post told me the kind of person you are. Not someone I would bother talking to in real life. But let me school you. The T bills are mainly being subscribed to by local institutional investors, mainly pension funds, with trillions of Naira that by regulation must be invested in Nigeria and not foreign investors that are bringing in dollars to subscribe to these bills.

I will school you again. Those sources you have listed do not show you who is investing. Please learn to keep your mouth shut when people are discussing things that you have no idea about. I bet that you have no idea why the rates are going as high as 30%. To someone like you, it is a good sign. Go and check what the yields on bonds and bills being issued by distressed countries are and ask your self why investors are instead fleeing and not investing.

Only a very foolish person thinks an investor sitting in London or New York with billions of dollars will jump on Nigerian T bills because of a 30% yield without looking at other macro factors that effectively eats up all the yield. Please go and learn how these things work so you can stop sounding dull!

I know @streetinvestor may want to ignore you, so hear this:

You really need to relax.
It's obvious you're quite immature, that's not something you should be proud of, just wait, hopefully you'll outgrow it.

The fact is foreign investors hold naira assets. You can Google what terms like FPI and hot money mean, instead of coming here to rant out your frustration. Goldman Sachs holds Nigerian assets. It's common knowledge that CBN has liabilities to them.

Earlier this year, we had a lot of inflows from FPIs, that at some point, they brought in as much as $1.5bn in a week. I remember FMDQ trading over $800m in a single day.

These kinds of facts are what you've been told to look up and stop acting all frustrated.

Perhaps you've lost money holding naira, and you're choosing to vent out your frustration on anyone that makes any pro naira analysis, well it's just inexperience that's worrying you.

This year, there's been a day I lost 5% in the stock market, but also there was a single day I made 25%. In Just one day.

Your approach should be to seek more knowledge and grow more sense rather than acting like you lost your rent betting on naira.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:54pm On Jul 27
You don't deserve these, but I'll indulge:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.