Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,926 members, 7,966,432 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 02:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4661965 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) ... (2266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 6:21pm On Jul 24
awesomeJ:

My thinking too, cos I've been paying WHT on fixed deposits before I got a TIN.
I think WHT remittance can be made to the FIRS with or without the payer's TIN. So that should not be used as an excuse to withhold people's funds.

Makes me even think: I don't even remember submitting TIN to my current employer, yet they've been removing PAYE on a steady.
Maybe you provided it when joining or you can ask them how far. Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24
Odunharry:

Maybe you provided it when joining or you can ask them how far. Lol
What's my own? Let LASG go and drag that one grin grin abi na LIRS, I'm not a fan of the government rn.
I think they should sit up and fix the economy. Last July I got 4 doors for 185k, this July, 2 doors 200k. How much will I charge as rent?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Shalom428: 7:59pm On Jul 24
Today's rate

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24
28.4% yield!!!
I wonder if we've ever had it higher.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 8:14pm On Jul 24
Itsrm, your 30% end of July prediction is closer than we'd envisaged.

-Lord
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24
awesomeJ:
28.4% yield!!!
I wonder if we've ever had it higher.
Omo the next auction will be fire.. Hopefully we get to see alot of people bid. Let's wait and see what the secondary market for the coming days will look like
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 8:19pm On Jul 24
LordAdam16:
Itsrm, your 30% end of July prediction is closer than we'd envisaged.

-Lord
If at all it gets to an all time high, do you think we will get to see rate trend downwards the coming month?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 8:36pm On Jul 24
Odunharry:

If at all it gets to an all time high, do you think we will get to see rate trend downloads the coming month?

This should be an easy answer.
But no one knows how Cardoso will handle the minimum-wage-linked inflation that should unravel in the coming months.
Best guess is rates stay high for a while yet.

-Lod
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 8:53pm On Jul 24
awesomeJ:

What's my own? Let LASG go and drag that one grin grin abi na LIRS, I'm not a fan of the government rn.
I think they should sit up and fix the economy. Last July I got 4 doors for 185k, this July, 2 doors 200k. How much will I charge as rent?
Baba mi I understand. Everyone irrespective of social class is feeling the heat. It's well with Nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24
Odunharry:

Omo the next auction will be fire.. Hopefully we get to see alot of people bid. Let's wait and see what the secondary market for the coming days will look like

Some Goldman and even Middle East money may even flow in and help the currency.
If one buys 30% yield now and naira is at #1200 next year, the effective returns will be 71%.
meaning every $10,000 invested will become $17,100.

But I've gotta watch this school fees season demand first to better predict the market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 9:07pm On Jul 24
freeman67:

That said, whether you present the TIN or not, your money will paid back to less 10% of the interest so no shiver saying you no go get interest.

Thank you very much for your input. I've never bought MTN CP before but the last one I did with dangote cement everything went well.

I was able to generate tax ID's from lirs website because getting TIN could take weeks but after replying to the same email address which was used to communicate with me, my response kept bouncing back so I gave up.

I just wanted to satisfy them to avoid any procrastination in getting my funds back plus the upcoming protest which nobody knows how it's going to turn out. It's quite deceitful because I was never informed nor signed for it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24
Odunharry:

If at all it gets to an all time high, do you think we will get to see rate trend downwards the coming month?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24
awesomeJ:

Let them just make food cheap, Rice, chicken, milk etc, let people find convenience in setting meals on their tables. Cars clothes, houses can wait.
This is the most important. Tackling food inflation first and insecurity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24
Odunharry:

Baba mi I understand. Everyone irrespective of social class is feeling the heat. It's well with Nigeria
Let them just make food cheap, Rice, chicken, milk etc, let people find convenience in setting meals on their tables. Cars clothes, houses can wait.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 9:17pm On Jul 24
IS THERE ANYONE WHO BID IN PRIMARY AUCTION WITH STANBIC?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 10:25pm On Jul 24
awesomeJ:

Some Goldman and even Middle East money may even flow in and help the currency.
If one buys 30% yield now and naira is at #1200 next year, the effective returns will be 71%.
meaning every $10,000 invested will become $17,100.

But I've gotta watch this school fees season demand first to better predict the market.

Goldman? As in Goldman Sachs? To invest in one of the most unstable currencies in the world? You think that 30% yield on Naira T bills is a good sign to seasoned investors?

Ogbeni, take this yellow card for writing that crap angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:45pm On Jul 24
Wotowotoman:

Goldman? As in Goldman Sachs? To invest in one of the most unstable currencies in the world? You think that 30% yield on Naira T bills is a good sign to seasoned investors?

Ogbeni, take this yellow card for writing that crap angry
No, Goldman Bagco bag.

You were blind/dumb when they came in Q1 ba?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stluke(m): 12:06am On Jul 25
Nakedman:
IS THERE ANYONE WHO BID IN PRIMARY AUCTION WITH STANBIC?
yes i did
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:34am On Jul 25
Wotowotoman:

Your father is the blind and dumb mugu if you cannot prove where Goldman Sachs came to invest in Nigeria!

Waiting…
Tell him when you see him.
Or you can just upload whatever level of intellect you have to the cloud, let some bot make a better use of it, since it's just wasting in your dumb head.

Stupid goat that feels the need to comment when you should rather calm down and learn.

I know your father isn't mad, but you definitely are. At least temporarily. Yam.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 7:20am On Jul 25
awesomeJ:

Tell him when you see him.
Or you can just upload whatever level of intellect you have to the cloud, let some bot make a better use of it, since it's just wasting in your dumb head.

Stupid goat that feels the need to comment when you should rather calm down and learn.

I know your father isn't mad, but you definitely are. At least temporarily. Yam.

Why not respond to him with facts and evidence instead of insults. He asked you to show when Goldman came to invest in the Nigerian economy. Can you do that?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bfn1: 7:23am On Jul 25
DAramis:
Good day all,
Those with Stanbic, when is Treasury bill subscription holding? And have someone ever did FGN BOND subscription with them recently? Was it successful?
FGN Bonds or FGN Savings Bonds?

If it's the latter (FGNSB), yes, I did in June and July. All successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:15pm On Jul 25
stluke:
yes i did

KINDLY NOTIFY ME IF SUCCESSFULL. THANK YOU
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25
Oshokhai69:

Why not respond to him with facts and evidence instead of insults. He asked you to show when Goldman came to invest in the Nigerian economy. Can you do that?
So, an ignoramous telling you you wrote crap is your own idea of how to ask question.

If your view isn't biased why not teach him to have sense, or is it so hard for you to read the posts and deduce who started the insults? why do you think it's my post you should quote?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:11pm On Jul 25
One account to attack others and another account for asking questions, Nairaland is full of funny characters , same person but with multiple accounts to troll people in different threads,haha 🤣

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 2:07pm On Jul 25
awesomeJ:

So, an ignoramous telling you you wrote crap is your own idea of how to ask question.

If your view isn't biased why not teach him to have sense, or is it so hard for you to read the posts and deduce who started the insults? why do you think it's my post you should quote?

No mind am. Oya please show us where Goldman come invest for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:37pm On Jul 25
Oshokhai69:

No mind am. Oya please show us where Goldman come invest for Naija.

I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find articles or docs that detailed GS participation in the Nigerian debt market in 2024. I COULDN'T find any that had specifics.

However I did watch an interview earlier in the year where a banker mentioned that folks from middle east were calling them to buy our debt.

It was around that time the CBN had an FPI conference call with folks from JP Morgan and Citi.

Then there was this from an analyst on twitter:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:45pm On Jul 25
So it was erroneous for me to have suggested GS bought our debt without exact proofs.

I apologize.

However, the GS participation was not the crux of my post. The point in the post was that if naira rebounds to 1200/$, anyone who liquidates USD at 1600 to buy 30% yield will ultimately have returns of 71%.

Why that guy chose to be uncourteous is his headache.

Yet the statement isn't invalid, cos it says "If GS or Middle East guys come"

First, It's an "If" statement , don't read it as an assertion.

Second, it's an "OR" statement which means only one of the conditions have to be true.

So the original post is all good.

The error is in the phrase " when GS came in Q1" which I made in a different post.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:06pm On Jul 25
awesomeJ:

I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find articles or docs that detailed GS participation in the Nigerian debt market in 2024. I COULDN'T find any that had specifics.

However I did watch an interview earlier in the year where a banker mentioned that folks from middle east were calling them to buy our debt.

It was around that time the CBN had an FPI conference call with folks from JP Morgan and Citi.

Then there was this from an analyst on twitter:

So would it be fair to say you were wrong and need to check your facts before you make such misleading statements based on hearsay on a forum like this?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25
Oshokhai69:

So would it be fair to say you were wrong and need to check your facts before you make such misleading statements based on hearsay on a forum like this?

My original post is 100% accurate,
The error I made was an assumption in a response to a silly comment, that can be excused.

If you don't agree, suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25
It was a post in which I used words like "dumb", so you should excuse the entire post.
The assumption and the insultive words.

They were both provoked.

I dare you to pick any wrong statement in my original post, if you can't. You should rest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:42pm On Jul 25
awesomeJ:

My original post is 100% accurate,
The error I made was an assumption in a response to a silly comment, that can be excused.

If you don't agree, suit yourself.

But his original post was specifically about Goldman. True or false? Why don’t you just admit you were wrong instead of arguing and trying to appear right?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) ... (2266) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Batman2412(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.