Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,902 members, 7,902,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4564357 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:59pm
You should look for some chilled drink now and sleep. It helps the brain:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 3:20pm
awesomeJ:

I know @streetinvestor may want to ignore you, so hear this:

You really need to relax.
It's obvious you're quite immature, that's not something you should be proud of, just wait, hopefully you'll outgrow it.

The fact is foreign investors hold naira assets. You can Google what terms like FPI and hot money mean, instead of coming here to rant out your frustration. Goldman Sachs holds Nigerian assets. It's common knowledge that CBN has liabilities to them.

Earlier this year, we had a lot of inflows from FPIs, that at some point, they brought in as much as $1.5bn in a week. I remember FMDQ trading over $800m in a single day.

These kinds of facts are what you've been told to look up and stop acting all frustrated.

Perhaps you've lost money holding naira, and you're choosing to vent out your frustration on anyone that makes any pro naira analysis, well it's just inexperience that's worrying you.

This year, there's been a day I lost 5% in the stock market, but also there was a single day I made 25%. In Just one day.

Your approach should be to seek more knowledge and grow more sense rather than acting like you lost your rent betting on naira.

Instead of thinking you are smarter than me or that I am immature because you assume that anyone that goes against you is, maybe you should learn to have an open mind to opposing views.

FYI, I am not making an argument for or against Tbills vs USD. My response to that clown was to show that the wealthy are more interested in preserving their wealth vs making returns. And the wealthy have most of their wealth outside Nigeria.

My focus has been on the 30% yielding T bills. As you have claimed that Goldman Sachs and Middle East investors will troop in and crash the price of the Naira to 1,200. So why didn’t the Naira value increase in that auction that they brought 500m dollars abi 1.5 billion dollars according to you? If there was so much interest by foreign investors, why have yields continue to increase? Abi you think say na beer parlour drunks you dey follow talk?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 3:43pm
awesomeJ:
You should look for some chilled drink now and sleep. It helps the brain:

Oga, you are trying too hard to be smart. And you are being economical with the truth all because you want to appear right. What you are not saying is that the article was from last year for CBN’s 2022 financials. And you haven’t said what the money was for. It clearly was not investment in T bills. These firms lent money to CBN and CBN used its fx reserves as security. Na wa for you o.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:58pm
From his speech alone, all I can see and hear is "taking Naira to N10,000 to $1 is a task that must be done asap" screaming/echoing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 4:33pm
awesomeJ:

Foreign investors are rushing to invest in T bills yet yields keep increasing and the Naira refuses to appreciate. Na so…

(1) (2) (3) ... (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.