Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4520046 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are asking for too much. His business cash flow from his account will convince his bank to support him if the business is bankable. Very easy to get loans from the banks now
uba of all banks called me that i quality for 4m naira customer loan without visting the bank ...payments is 164 k over 36 months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellers4buyers(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Too bad if you have done a so called good business for 4 years and you don't have an emergency reserve that can mitigate against loss pending the time you will be reimbursed by the insurance company or you have a standing overdraft facility that can be of help when emergency occurs

I started from the scratch and I have something I use for trade though not much like the big boys. I can skip this part of having a back up fund and go raise money and trade but I felt it's proper I do because I have a wider view for it in the future and I believe it's a question of time I will be the one to shy away for more funds. I enjoy all this scrutiny though...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Slow and steady wins the race, don't invest in what you don't understand, no matter how tempting avoid gambling, betting, High Yield Investment Schemes and Ponzi schemes.

Invest regularly and consistently, try and be liquid and invest for both cash flow and capital appreciation.

Don't live within your means but live below your means.

Make friends with people who share these aspirations with you, that is the only way to go far and grow fast

This is how we do here. ��

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellers4buyers(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It will be better to get back to your circle of influence and your bank
Wish you the very best.
Thanks I appreciate...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
sellers4buyers:

I have some of this info. But I want to clear the air, my major post is not to seek for funds to trade. It's a backup fund I need. But if you want to deal with me, I have a way I do my biz, I will share with you through any electronic means of your choice, if you are okay with it, then we can deal.

After 4 years, how come your bank cannot provide this backup fund for you?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
The young man must have learnt one or two things which he can incorporate into his business, that is if he really has a profitable business

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
uba of all banks called me that i quality for 4m naira customer loan without visting the bank ...payments is 164 k over 36 months

Abeg, collect am make we go Quilox go rock. cool

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

You don't get a loan for the fun of getting. You can get a loan to prove your creditworthiness. I have gotten loans payable within 12 months which I paid back in 8 months. By doing you are building your creditworthiness and relationship with your bank

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

I was trying to benchmark it with Stanbic MMF that does 100% fixed income. I noticed that Stanbic MMF does not have a guaranteed rate like VGIF.

Benchmarking with any class of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management product should be with with its peer SGIF not MMF. SGIF is the equivalent in StanbicIBTC not MMF.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
Most of this young enterpreneurs who got funds from the public and failed to deliver is because people did not ask the right questions.

You are running a business valued at N5 million, you truly needed N2 million to expand the business with ability to pay back in 12 months.

You came online to seek funds from inexperienced Investors and people who wanted fast returns. At the end of the you ended up getting N50 million instead of N2 million.

There is no way the promoter of the business will not under perform, when you handle money you never expected you are bound to misbehave and underperform. That is one of the problems being encountered by some digital agriculture promoters.

Agric business promoters who needed N20 million ended up getting N400 million and we don't have the discipline of returning excess money to Investors. The easiest way to buy time is to turn the agricultural venture to a Ponzi scheme

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellers4buyers(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

After 4 years, how come your bank cannot provide this backup fund for you?.

I have contacted them, am asked to come back on Friday but I am very proactive in issues like this especially when I don't have control over the outcome.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellers4buyers(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
The young man must have learnt one or two things which he can incorporate into his business, that is if he really has a profitable business

I have definitely. I have even tried to see if I could get your contact but I couldn't yet. I will appreciate if I can get your contact not for anything but scrutiny.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
sellers4buyers:

I have definitely. I have even tried to see if I could get your contact but I couldn't yet. I will appreciate if I can get your contact not for anything but scrutiny.

You can always ask your questions on Nairaland or quote me on a dead thread.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
rice farm version 2.0 loading lipsrsealed

If you know... You know cheesy wink wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You can always ask your questions on Nairaland or quote me on a dead thread.
You can meet investment firms for any inquiries. Most of them should have advisory services, and FYI its not expensive and any worthy business is worth the time and effort. They also provide means to monitor and assist but you must prove yourself first and make sure all your ducks are lined up in a row to get full benefit from such opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
sellers4buyers:

You can meet investment firms for any inquiries. Most of them should have advisory services, and FYI its not expensive and any worthy business is worth the time and effort. They also provide means to monitor and assist but you must prove yourself first and make sure all your ducks are lined up in a row to get full benefit from such opportunities.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mspwety1:

Pls. we did not call anyone out here......
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
At what interest rate?
ahiboilandgas:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sellers4buyers(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mspwety1:

Thanks ma, sure I will work on this...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You don't get a loan for the fun of getting. You can get a loan to prove your creditworthiness. I have gotten loans payable within 12 months which I paid back in 8 months. By doing you are building your creditworthiness and relationship with your bank

I was just joking with Oga Ahib.

Iam actually thinking of getting a 6-month consumer loan for rent payment before the year runs out in order to start building my creditworthiness even though i normally save the yearly rent on a monthly basis which means when the rent is due, i have the cash to pay.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

Quilox ke ?when no ge business email comprise business i dey do....na 20k i dey take enter no atms no girls ....i found out majority of cleints are not in my grouppings ....na boat clubs and civic centre membership i they hope to get now ...to role with business people of like minds

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

I was just joking with Oga Ahib.

Iam actually thinking of getting a 6-month consumer loan for rent payment before the year runs out in order to start building my creditworthiness even though i normally save the yearly rent on a monthly basis which means when the rent is due, i have the cash to pay.

Loan to pay for a recurring expenses like house rent, school fees is a no no.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
seyisanya:
They have about the lowest BUY/SELL commission in the industry; and brilliant customer service. What else is one looking for? cool
Kudos to them. The speed with which they respond to my mails ehn, on would think I have plenty millions with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
freeman67:

Benchmarking with any class of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management product should be with with its peer SGIF not MMF. SGIF is the equivalent in StanbicIBTC not MMF.

I guess the SGIF is "Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund". There is still a difference because it does not have a guaranteed rate unlike VGIF that has a guaranteed rate of SDF.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
Benzboys:
Betting too is a business,more like buying stocks.
So if you can advise people to buy shares they have no control of its pricing and trend,I see no reason why you should have a problem with him investing in "sure odds".
What's the difference?dividends?

How

Can you get a loan with your Baba ijebu tickets. All the loans I have gotten from the banks, I used my stockholdings as collateral.

With your 2 million units of MTN shares your bank can grant you a loan of over N100 million.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Loan to pay for a recurring expenses like house rent, school fees is a no no.

It is still under consideration. It might be just once just to have a record of credit and trust with them in case of the future business needs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reine22: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
NL1960:

I was trying to benchmark it with Stanbic MMF that does 100% fixed income. I noticed that Stanbic MMF does not have a guaranteed rate like VGIF.

Stanbic has its own Guaranteed income fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnetron(m): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
SMJay:
Run from carbon it own by Pascal son the daimond bank excutive. He does not have experience at managing businesses.

Thanks. However, it is not owned by Uzoma ( former CEO of diamond bank). His brothers, chijioke and Ngozi Dozie are the founders.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.