Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4523298 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24
freeman67:

Okay. About that, attached is the message sent to me from my bank. They said the allotment will be between 4 - 6 week. So I believe there is still time.

I see. Maybe the series of public holidays caused this one. It used to be faster.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sharone21(f): 1:28am On Jun 25
ZEAK:
Thanks for your swift response on the FCY debt instruments.

Again, Do you know any Federal Government accredited Precious Metal Vendors or Corporate Institutions that sells real precious metals?
https://www.dukiapreciousmetalsdotco/buy-gold

Check this out.... Heritage bank failed to do well with them even though they publicized their partnership years back.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 6:18am On Jun 25
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 10:09am On Jun 25
Pls did anyone participate in the bond offer that took place yesterday. If yes.Pls how did you subscribe. I went to fbn and stanbic they said they had no mail from head office to that effect. They said fg bond is done online. I checked through out and could not see the link to subscribe. I mean fg bond and not fg savings bond.
Pls help I don't want to miss next one...thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by heavenisreal18: 10:14am On Jun 25
Pls I need to be enlighten I went to the bank to invest in T-bills,I s two weeks now ,I have not been debited. ,I don't understand why is taking long, pls educate me does is take this long
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 1:21pm On Jun 25
heavenisreal18:
Pls I need to be enlighten I went to the bank to invest in T-bills,I s two weeks now ,I have not been debited. ,I don't understand why is taking long, pls educate me does is take this long
Thanks.
It didn't go through because tomorrow is another day for TB..I am talking for primary market

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25
FGB 2038 just dropped
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 5:03pm On Jun 25
bjtinz:

Banks didn't open yesterday and today. I hope they will still accept bids tomorrow

Update: unfortunately those moraffkers at GT no gree. Deadline for submission was yesterday, they said. But when I told them their gates were shut due to the strike, they simply said it wasn't their fault. Sigh

E vex me sha angry

I hope you have up to 50m being the minimum required money that must be in your account in order to qualify for primary auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by heavenisreal18: 9:57pm On Jun 25
Streetinvestor2:
It didn't go through because tomorrow is another day for TB..I am talking for primary market
Thank you for your response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by khunz: 7:36am On Jun 26
Good Morning
Pls any idea of T bills rate today?
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:00am On Jun 26
khunz:
Good Morning
Thank you

I thought we are having primary auction today?

Meanwhile, for secondary market, rates for a day comes up from 10am.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by khunz: 8:07am On Jun 26
RayRay06677:

I thought we are having primary auction today?

Meanwhile, for secondary market, rates for a day comes up from 10am.

Thanks a lot for the feedback
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eliel100(m): 9:03am On Jun 26
khunz:
Good Morning
Thank you

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp#_

Use that link

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:48am On Jun 26
IYGEAL:

I see. Maybe the series of public holidays caused this one. It used to be faster.

Fingers crossed.

It has now been credited even earlier than posted. You can check your CSCS for confirmation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 11:28am On Jun 26
Fbn just credited back my account with fund for TB.iIt means it failed. I wonder why.They advice I bid at 20%.
Did anyone bid go with fbn primary market today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26
Streetinvestor2:
Fbn just credited back my account with fund for TB.iIt means it failed. I wonder why.They advice I bid at 20%.
It'll be strange if 20% fails today's auction, especially since subscription rates seem to now be tapering.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26
Streetinvestor2:

Went with fbn and its looking like the bid failed. Status is still pending which is strange. Will confirm tomorrow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26
364 days rates actually went up marginally today.

I would have been surprised if 20% bid failed.

P.S The guy who posts these results is on Instagram.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Misskaybee: 6:03am On Jun 27
Hello everyone, please between MMF and Tbills which one will give me more profit for 3 months and which bank offers higher interest

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sharone21(f): 8:46am On Jun 27
Misskaybee:
Hello everyone, please between MMF and Tbills which one will give me more profit for 3 months and which bank offers higher interest

Keyword: DIVERSIFICATION
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 8:55am On Jun 27
freeman67:

It has now been credited even earlier than posted. You can check your CSCS for confirmation.

Mine has reflected on CSCS now.

Thank you sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 9:23am On Jun 27
awesomeJ:
364 days rates actually went up marginally today.

I would have been surprised if 20% bid failed.

P.S The guy who posts these results is on Instagram.
Then why did fbn cancel my bid.i filled the form on Monday which was 2 days earlier. The guy who handled it asked I should go with 20%.Is like the want people to be doing thr secondary market I have always noticed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 9:52am On Jun 27
Streetinvestor2:
Then why did fbn cancel my bid.i filled the form on Monday which was 2 days earlier. The guy who handled it asked I should go with 20%.Is like the want people to be doing thr secondary market I have always noticed

You can't bid for primary market unless you have up to N50m. The offers by the banks are secondary.

The financial gurus in the house should correct me if I am wrong please.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:11am On Jun 27
Omonigeriarere:

You can't bid for primary market unless you have up to N50m. The offers by the banks are secondary.

The financial gurus in the house should correct me if I am wrong please.
So why did you assume he doesn't have N50m?

Pay attention to where he stated that the banker suggested a rate to him and you would realize that he was to set his own bid, meaning his bid may have not just been N50m but perhaps even N500m.

We shouldn't assume that this thread is not good enough for billionaires to be part of.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetunrayo(f): 11:11am On Jun 27
Hi Team,

Please has anyone been credited for yesterday's TB auction.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:13am On Jun 27
Streetinvestor2:

Personally, I prefer StanbicIBTC in these matters.

And I think we established them as the best bank in this aspect back in the day when we were sharing experiences. Sometimes in 2018 I guess.

I don't have a recent experience with them,

But I still think they would have handled even 20.4% for you successfully.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 12:05pm On Jun 27
awesomeJ:

So why did you assume he doesn't have N50m?

Pay attention to where he stated that the banker suggested a rate to him and you would realize that he was to set his own bid, meaning his bid may have not just been N50m but perhaps even N500m.

We shouldn't assume that this thread is not good enough for billionaires to be part of.

My statement is conditional bro, and there is no where it was mentioned that he has no up to N50m. So, your epistle is tantamount to nothing.

"you can't bid for primary market unless you have up to N50m'.

The above is my statement; please go and have your lunch sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by apeleone(f): 12:21pm On Jun 27
adetunrayo:
Hi Team,

Please has anyone been credited for yesterday's TB auction.

Thank you

What bank did you bid with. I did with Stanbic Ibtc and I haven't been debited also.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27
Omonigeriarere:

My statement is conditional bro, and there is no where it was mentioned that he has no up to N50m. So, your epistle is tantamount to nothing.

"you can't bid for primary market unless you have up to N50m'.

The above is my statement; please go and have your lunch sir.

By that statement, you're assuming his bid was less than N50m.

If not you would have known that it was an unnecessary statement to make

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 1:37pm On Jun 27
awesomeJ:

By that statement, you're assuming his bid was less than N50m.

If not you would have known that it was an unnecessary statement to make

There is difference between the two statements below bro:

1. You can't bid for primary market unless you have up to N50m.

2. You can't bid for primary market because you don't have up to N50m.

Take things cool bro. Things are hard in the country, but we are all here.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiswag(f): 2:00pm On Jun 27
Goodafternoon house. Please per secondary markets. Was anyone debited and not credited? Stanbic IBTC

(1) (2) (3) ... (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: akinonigbinde, Akerewe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.