Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4521102 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:44am On Jun 13
A Secured And Guaranteed Dollar Investment with Investment One is here!

Reach out to me.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 11:12am On Jun 13
Nero4306:
Good morning house , please any update as regards coupon payment of Federal Government saving bond? First payment was scheduled to be today… any info please share

No news yet. I am also waiting patiently too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13
keeper303:

Thanks for the response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 5:31pm On Jun 13
freeman67:

Rate or yield?

Yield. Discount is around 20%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13
presiade:

For TBills, you get your interest upfront at the time of a successful bid, except you advise them to reinvest your interest. Any other arrangement is a scam.

OK thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IYGEAL(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13
freeman67:

Banks pays interest upfront Except you give a contrary instruction.

For StanChart, Except you reinvested your interest by imputing the sum total of your principal and interest while initiating the transaction and or your transaction is yet to be completed. Standard chartered will only remove the principal and return your upfront.

Once the transaction is completed, an email will be sent to you with clear details of the investment.

Just that they take their time in all their processes. Like sending you email alert of transactions after a week when all is settled and no complaints. Also, like sending SMS alert notifying you that a transaction is about to take place on your account once it's initiated allowing you time to react incase it was not authorised by before you will eventually receive the transaction alert.

I will check again all the sent messages. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 2:04pm On Jun 14
Was there a primary market yesterday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Shalom428: 2:09pm On Jun 14
Result

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14
keeper303:

Payment just landed 🕺🕺🕺
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iamL(f): 3:34pm On Jun 14
Please house I choose to Post this here am sorry if am going against any rules.

I sent my account number to a client on Facebook he later said he couldn't afford my product.

After two days later around 12am I got an alert from an unknown person, the next day an unknown number called when I picked up they remained silent and ended the call. Two days later i got a message from my bank that " non delivery of otp on firstmobile has been resolved".

The reason am concerned is I don't do internet Banking and I didn't initiate anything otp on my account. Is first bank.

I want to freeze the account. Has anyone gotten such message from their bank?

I need suggestions please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14
iamL:

I sent my account number to a client on Facebook he later said he couldn't afford my product.

After two days later around 12am I got an alert from an unknown person, the next day an unknown number called when I picked up they remained silent and ended the call. Two days later i got a message from my bank that " non delivery of otp on firstmobile has been resolved".

The reason am concerned is I don't do internet Banking and I didn't initiate anything otp on my account. Is first bank.

Call first contact on 02019052326 and press 0

Explain what just happened to them to be sure nothing funny is going on

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:00pm On Jun 14
Shalom428:
Result

My bid with GTB was not successful. sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14
iamL:

A fraudster is likely working with an insider in First bank to try to compromise your account.

If I were you, I'd move all my money out of that account for now.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 9:58am On Jun 15
Good morning good people on this thread. Pls I need to know if there will be a Primary market bidding next week. Thanks 🙏
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sentoms: 1:52pm On Jun 15
Next auction is June 26 2024

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 3:35pm On Jun 15
Pls house what was d last rate for 365 days treasurybill.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 3:35pm On Jun 15
[Thanks 🙏
]Next auction is June 26 2024[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 5:46pm On Jun 15
Pls house, my own question is, How safe is it to invest in T-bills with this rate?? I have been doing it for 12 years and the highest rate was 14% seeing it stop at 20% for a while now still amazes me. Yes I know inflation rate is high and other factors may have contributed to the sudden rise but pls experts in the house, are our monies still safe?. Hope we won’t wake up one day and hear stories. This our current government no get mercy o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 6:55pm On Jun 15
exclusiveoloori:
Pls house, my own question is, How safe is it to invest in T-bills with this rate?? I have been doing it for 12 years and the highest rate was 14% seeing it stop at 20% for a while now still amazes me. Yes I know inflation rate is high and other factors may have contributed to the sudden rise but pls experts in the house, are our monies still safe?. Hope we won’t wake up one day and hear stories. This our current government no get mercy o

What are the potential risks you are worried about?
If the Nigerian government defaults on its naira debts, then there'd be bigger issues to worry about. Worse case, they print more money and inflate the currency to paper.

Ghana had to renegotiate its debt recently but those we foreign denominated bonds

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15
exclusiveoloori:

The only real risk with holding sovereign assets denominated in their local currency is the currency losing value.

The risk of you not getting your funds doesn't exist, cos the government doesn't need to look for naira to pay you, they can simply just type in numbers to create trillions.

They recently created 40trn that way via ways and means and intervention funds.

No court can arrest them.

The only restraint is the more they print, the less the currency is worth.

5m during covid was almost $15,000, today it's only worth about $3300.

Now, as the poster above me wrote, if the currency loses value, then it's not only holders of TBills that become affected, it affects everyone including the regular Joe who now has to save up to 3m just to buy keke napep, something 700k would have bought if the currency was better managed.

Summary is the 20% discount rate poses no risk. And Emefiele actually elevated rates too from 2017-2019, discount rates were over 17% on long-dated papers.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15
exclusiveoloori:

This is not the first time we are seeing rates this high na.

During the early days of Buhari, we saw rates that high too.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 8:42pm On Jun 15
Grupo:

This is not the first time we are seeing rates this high na.

During the early days of Buhari, we saw rates that high too.
pls what's d current rate now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15
exclusiveoloori:

If the rate is low we worry, if it's high we worry. Watin we really want sef. That is by the way. @exclusiveoloori, there is nothing to worry about. Enjoy the high rates while it lasts after all even with the current rate investors still have negative real returns compared to the current inflation.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:45am On Jun 16
teejay5:
pls what's d current rate now

Around 20% for 365 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iamL(f): 10:30am On Jun 16
Grupo:

A fraudster is likely working with an insider in First bank to try to compromise your account.

If I were you, I'd move all my money out of that account for now.

I moved them immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iamL(f): 10:32am On Jun 16
Itsrm:

Call first contact on 02019052326 and press 0

Explain what just happened to them to be sure nothing funny is going on

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:48am On Jun 16
emmasoft:

22nd May 2024. Primary auction is done every two weeks, if you don't want to wait, you can go for Secondary market it's every working day of the week. With 100k you can buy from Secondary market through investment one stockbrokers.
Boss abeg, tell InvestmentOne to make it possible for us to buy on the secondary market without having to email their support team.
People are busy, and don't want long drawn out conversations with support. I would be using investment-one more often if they used technology to make things easy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16
Olaide1295:

Boss abeg, tell InvestmentOne to make it possible for us to buy on the secondary market without having to email their support team.
People are busy, and don't want long drawn out conversations with support. I would be using investment-one more often if they used technology to make things easy.

Your feedback is noted.
The process is seamless though. I hope you are talking to the right team.
Anyway please chat me up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 10:46am On Jun 17
Please how true is this, you lodge cash dollars into your dom account and the bank now says you can not transfer cash lodgment except you withdraw .
I thought its been reversed please help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17
yinkaoke:
Please how true is this, you lodge cash dollars into your dom account and the bank now says you can not transfer cash lodgment except you withdraw .
I thought its been reversed please help

@yinkaoke, that is the CBN current policy on using the dollars in your account. It's the way the dollar enters that is how it will come out.
If it was a cash deposit, you must withdraw; if wired, that is when it can be transferred.

Sincerely, this has been one of the major issues many investors have concerning dollar funds investment.

However, Norrenbeger Asset Mgt. has tried to overcome the hurdles by accepting dollar deposits or naira for the Norrenberger dollar fund.
You can chat me up or complete the attached form to open a norrenberger dollar fund account.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 4:43pm On Jun 17
alezzy13:

Same with First Bank. What could they have done wrong?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 4:55pm On Jun 17
Damolux01:
Same with First Bank. What could they have done wrong?

alezzy13:

Itsrm:

Yes. They won't sell much though and most bids will fail.

This was posted earlier. You guys should have bought from the secondary market.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ahiboilandgas and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.