Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4519976 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
And you believe her
emmanuelewumi:
How much did she buy the property?

What is the current price of the property?

She earned about N28 million as rental income between 2007 and 2020. Since she has dollar expenses why didn't she invest at least 25% of the income in Eurobonds or other dollar denominated Investments.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Pascopele:
And you believe her

I have no reason to doubt her, but in 2007 three bedroom room flats that used to go for between 180k to 250k per annum in my area is now going for between between 400k and 600k depending on the property.

That is over 100% rental income increase between 2007 and 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
awesomeJ:
Also, I said dollar will be available at sub 400 before long.

I probably had before year end in mind.

Apparently, I was wrong too.

Yes, you were wrong.

You analyzed based on your wishes than based on reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 12:40am On Nov 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Was he adding to the investment every year?
no Sir
It is a one time investment chart.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 1:08am On Nov 25, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Boss, how many people ever hold an investment for over 40 years? What investment consistently yields 20% annually and then loses 50% once in over a decade? The stock market (and genuine investments) don’t work that way.
that last projection shows what happens if
You loose half of your capital every 12years while trying to get 20% yield yearly

So it teaches an investor to avoid taking huge risks just to get highest profit margins every year.

You can get 15%-10% easily every year, but not 20%

I bought uba at 5.05 this year, given that it paid N1 dividend last year,
the expected dividend profit was 20% if uba pays same N 1 this year

And if the company continues to pay same for the next 43years and I constantly reinvest all dividends yearly
Do you see how I can continue to earn 20% now?

People tend to act too frequently in stocks just because they are so liquid - Warren Buffet
I haven't sold a stock of Berkshire in 50 years - Warren Buffet

Watch this video on YouTube : (jump to 21:36)
Everything You Need to Know About Finance and Investing in Under an Hour

Or at :
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-this-youtube-video-the-best-intro-to-investing-on-the-internet-2017-09-01

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 3:09am On Nov 25, 2020
Please people, what is the current tbills rate for 90days, and any idea the savings account rate (FBN), and fixed deposit rate (FBN). TIA.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 5:29am On Nov 25, 2020
einsteine:

Yes, you were wrong.

You analyzed based on your wishes than based on reality.

You don't know that! And so you shouldn't say.

The fact that a forecast turns out wrong doesn't mean it was done based on wishes.

So folks who said it would take at least 12-18 months for a vaccine said that based on wishes too, or expert models back in May, that said US covid deaths would be between 70-120k deaths were wished too.

What reality are you talking about?

If you think buying dollars at 480 is the reality, March on with it!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 5:35am On Nov 25, 2020
Meanwhile Brent now above $48, We expect the first weekly close above $50 since March.

Don't consider this in your own reality, let abokis price be your only reality.

It's your money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 5:59am On Nov 25, 2020
We kept on telling you dollar was not dropping to the N400s due to the real facts but you keep pulling up statistics contrary to the facts.

The last drop at N435 is the least it will ever go throughout the history of mankind. Let's start facing realities.

awesomeJ:

The fact that a forecast turns out wrong doesn't mean it was done based on wishes.

So folks who said it would take at least 12-18 months for a vaccine said that based on wishes too, or expert models back in May, that said US covid deaths would be between 70-120k deaths were wished too.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
We kept on telling you dollar was not dropping to the N400s due to the real facts but you keep pulling up statistics contrary to the facts.

The last drop at N435 is the least it will ever go throughout the history of mankind. Let's start facing realities.

What facts?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2020
awesomeJ:
Meanwhile Brent now above $48, We expect the first weekly close above $50 since March.

It's your money.

Meaning price of fuel will soon hit N200.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2020
NL1960:

Meaning price of fuel will soon hit N200.
It increases by less than N2 for every dollar rise in Brent price.
170 should be more like it at $50.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GENERALSEIFDAN1(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2020
Treasury bill has become unattractive these days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
RealityShot:
that last projection shows what happens if
You loose half of your capital every 12years while trying to get 20% yield yearly

So it teaches an investor to avoid taking huge risks just to get highest profit margins every year.

You can get 15%-10% easily every year, but not 20%

I bought uba at 5.05 this year, given that it paid N1 dividend last year,
the expected dividend profit was 20% if uba pays same N 1 this year

And if the company continues to pay same for the next 43years and I constantly reinvest all dividends yearly
Do you see how I can continue to earn 20% now?

People tend to act too frequently in stocks just because they so liquid - Warren Buffet
I haven't sold a stock of Berkshire in 50 years - Warren Buffet

Watch this video on YouTube : (jump to 21:36)
Everything You Need to Know About Finance and Investing in Under an Hour

Or at :
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-this-youtube-video-the-best-intro-to-investing-on-the-internet-2017-09-01
Boss, your stock price will never stay constant at N5 or be growing at 15% or 20% annually and you will not be making N1 dividend per share annually for 43 years. If you really know how the stock market works, you won’t make these basic assumptions.

You can use that table to teach beginners the power of compounding but not for anyone to apply it to investing in the NSE. Stock investing is not as simple as that.

Is it not the same way some people here were forecasting how T Bill rates will continue to stay high and how they could become billionaires by just investing in Treasury bills and compounding their small change money to grow to one billion Naira after some years? grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Financial Times: Nigeria’s richest ramp up investment in Africa’s biggest economy as foreigners stay away

https://www.ft.com/content/c5b98699-a5bb-49b2-8436-4a7edf314b87
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good thing or bad thing?
ultron12345:
Financial Times: Nigeria’s richest ramp up investment in Africa’s biggest economy as foreigners stay away

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
ultron12345:

I could not read it as it requires a subscription.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
This is a very very good development, only Nigerians can truly develope our economy, 95% funds from foreign investors doesn't really impact our economy and create jobs, they even help to compound our economical woes with capital flight, just a click on a mouse, they could transfer billions of dollars out of our economy in seconds, something Dangote or Innoson cannot do easily, because they have industries on ground and workers to pay.

If we had done our home-economics properly, Nigeria will definitely do better without foreign investors. Foreign investors are not Father Christmas, they are also looking for loopholes in our economy and take advantage.

ultron12345:

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Donbrig:
This is a very very good development, only Nigerians can truly develope our economy, 95% funds from foreign investors doesn't really impact our economy and create jobs, they even help to compound our economical woes with capital flight, just a click on a mouse, they could transfer billions of dollars out of our economy in seconds, something Dangote or Innoson cannot do easily, because they have industries on ground and workers to pay.

If we had done our home-economics properly, Nigeria will definitely do better without foreign investors. Foreign investors are not Father Christmas, they are also looking for loopholes in our economy and take advantage.

Facts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
NTB Auction Result for today 25th November 2020

91 days - 0.0215
182 days - 0.0900
364 days - 0.1500

Happy investing grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
talk2tonie:

91 days - 0.0215
182 days - 0.0900
364 days - 0.1500

Happy investing grin
This is no longer an investment but a fund embezzlement

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
talk2tonie:

91 days - 0.0215
182 days - 0.0900
364 days - 0.1500

Happy investing grin

Hmmm, it's now close to the time to move my small balance from MMF.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
freeman67:

Hmmm, it's now close to the time to move my small balance from MMF.

Why?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
awesomeJ:

I earlier gave a range of the price to buy and the price to sell. 480 is fair considering the management of the economy. Have you checked the debt service to GDP ratio of Nigeria?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
awesomeJ:

It's your money.

What do you consider fair price for the dollar?

If you think it is 380, provide as much dollar at that price and I will find you all the Naira you want.

As usual, you are allowing your desires speak as opposed to the situation on ground. A higher oil price may increase the reserves but it does not improve confidence in the Naira which is what is responsible for the continuous fall of the Naira.

People do not have confidence in the management of the economy and in the currency. Even at $100 per barrel, the Naira would still come under speculative pressure as more people continue to prefer to hold HARD currency and digital currencies with relative scarcity and deflation (Ether, BTC).

Your failure to understand this is rooted in the fact that your preference is for a strong Naira. Let go of your bias and analyze objectively

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadiima1: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
einsteine:

If you think it is 380, provide as much dollar at that price and I will find you all the Naira you want.

As usual, you are allowing your desires speak as opposed to the situation on ground. A higher oil price may increase the reserves but it does not improve confidence in the Naira which is what is responsible for the continuous fall of the Naira.

People do not have confidence in the management of the economy and in the currency. Even at $100 per barrel, the Naira would still come under speculative pressure as more people continue to prefer to hold HARD currency and digital currencies with relative scarcity and deflation (Ether, BTC).

Your failure to understand this is rooted in the fact that your preference is for a strong Naira. Let go of your bias and analyze objectively

The reason why dollar is rising against naira is because there is not enough of it. Nigeria does not earn enough dollars to balance its demand on the currency. It is not about confidence in the Naira.

We are mostly importing all sorts of things with our limited dollars and not exporting enough to balance trade. Same reason why beautiful, educated women are expensive to keep, scarcity.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
einsteine:

You speak as though naira is the one that's just freely available. USD is scarce, but everyone has unlimited naira shey?

I don't have anything against your decision to trade your naira at 480, it's your money.

I however don't think it's worth more than 400 currently.And it's not for you to say it a desire.

It's what it's worth as far as I'm concerned.

Aboki charges 480, Zenith bank charged me 391 last month, so if you claim 480, I can as well claim 391.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2020
Grupo:

Why?

The major underlying asset for most MMF here is Treasury Bill. Now, the highest tenure rate is already competing with the very low savings account interest rates and no fund manager has announced any plans of maybe diversifying MMF
so far. Since it is no longer tenable to me, I believe my money in my account will help me better incase I need to take any swift investment decision.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
people just scream demand and supply but in concrete terms what really do Nigerians want........

A look @ the ports tells u
1. fuel mostly pms
2. Bikes
3. Cars for those that can afford it
4. Cloths
5. Every other thing can be lumped into 5

What really does the world want from Nigeria, a look @ the ports will also tell us
1 crude oil
2 crude oil
3 crude oil

while the solution to this problem is pretty simple

No Nigerian including all our leaders past until now has the intent of changing this status quo

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
einsteine:

Read this

https://nairametrics.com/2020/11/25/cbn-governor-alleges-parallel-market-used-for-bribes-and-corruption/

I wonder why you will judge determine value of a currency by prices in a really shallow segment.

If you want to buy rice, and 19 shops are selling at 386 per kg, while only 1 shop sells at 480 per kg.

Does it make any sense for you to say "the price of rice is 480 per kg"?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
maishai:
people just scream demand and supply but in concrete terms what really do Nigerians want........

A look @ the ports tells u
1. fuel mostly pms
2. Bikes
3. Cars for those that can afford it
4. Cloths
5. Every other thing can be lumped into 5

What really does the world want from Nigeria, a look @ the ports will also tell us
1 crude oil
2 crude oil
3 crude oil

while the solution to this problem is pretty simple

No Nigerian including all our leaders past until now has the intent of changing this status quo

There's cocoa and other agric produce too.

Olam and the rest. These make up c. 20% of our exports.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
awesomeJ:

Read this

https://nairametrics.com/2020/11/25/cbn-governor-alleges-parallel-market-used-for-bribes-and-corruption/

I wonder why you will judge determine value of a currency by prices in a really shallow segment.

If you want to buy rice, and 19 shops are selling at 386 per kg, while only 1 shop sells at 480 per kg.

Does it make any sense for you to say "the price of rice is 480 per kg"?
Are those shops accessible to the shoppers?
Or have you been dreaming since?
Make I come give you naira make you sell me dollars at 391 na,how you see am?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: cutedharmee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.