Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,937 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4520238 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You are missing my point. My reservations are not around their age. Nothing wrong with young guys building apps to make investing in foreign stocks easier for Nigerians. Kudos to them.

My reservations are around their investment experience and track record. I don’t know about you but I won’t be giving my hard earned money to a guy without years of solid investment experience to invest on my behalf. And I maintain that those guys do not have solid investment experience and track record.

It's fine. Your opinion is noted.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Your advice is valid, however by this logic, no one will invest in anything, even NG stocks.

[b]As long as they are confirmed as registered, then I guess investor's funds are also insured too. [/b]Note: I do not use Risevest. Our credible fintech guys are doing so much, it is admirable. Whether young or old....Iyin Aboyeji is a young dude and he cofounded flutterwave.

As per the bolded on insurance, the US SEC’s insurance does not cover fraud and market losses o. It only insures against the bankruptcy/insolvency of the broker. If these guys japa with your money or invest your money and make loses, you get nothing from the SEC o. It doesn’t work like NDIC’s insurance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Sure, I did not get in early. The institutional adoption and hedge funds getting into it as well the likelihood of being a digital store of value gives me hope.

Will start taking some profits and wait for the dips that may happen. I no wan develop PTSD abeg. 5%-10% of one's portfolio is still hard earned money lost.

Lol... There's always a narrative driving every run.... On this it's the halvening, stable coyns, institutional adoption e.t.c driving it. Let's see how far it goes.

My simple advice would be to stick to your strategy... If possible write it down. Cos if altys run, the mistake most would make is that after weeks of watching and getting greedy, they finally sell their betece to buy them which is usually at their tops. It's the easiest way of blowing your account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

As per the bolded on insurance, the US SEC’s insurance does not cover fraud and market losses o. It only insures against the bankruptcy/insolvency of the broker. If these guys japa with your money or invest your money and make loses, you get nothing from the SEC o. It doesn’t work like NDIC’s insurance.

Good point.

As I said, I do not use Risevest. It is great that you are sharing these points to all too, I cannot claim to know the in and outs of how these things work.

I personally know what I look out for before putting my money into any investment. My response to you was based on your opinion that they are not SEC regulated in the US, and the fact that the founders are young. Your opinion remains valid but if we base all investment in stocks that way, then why should I invest in even NG stocks too? I think there is also a body that does such related insurance in US like NDIC, I think SPIC or something...

In summary, your pessimism is valid, any serious investor should know how to do their due diligence before putting money anywhere, but since your argument that Risevest is not SEC regulated has been proven false, then let people take your other suggestions and invest if they want to.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
jedisco:

Lol... There's always a narrative driving every run.... On this it's the halvening, stable coyns, institutional adoption e.t.c driving it. Let's see how far it goes.

My simple advice would be to stick to your strategy... If possible write it down. Cos if altys run, the mistake most would make is that after weeks of watching and getting greedy, they finally sell their betece to buy them which is usually at their tops. It's the easiest way of blowing your account.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 1kinggy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
jedisco:

Hehe... I wouldn't talk in absolutes even though it's likely a parabola is approaching... This market moves quickly. A drop below 1000 is just 15-20% below... That can easily be achieved in 15 mins. It's a volatile market. It just broke out of the 600-700 resistance cluster. A retest of that zone as support would still be bullish except if it fails. It's not every week a major moves 60-70%

Barely 2 weeks ago, 1000 for it would have seemed like a tall ask and most thought a1ts were dead. I remember telling someone here that the market flows in circles and a1ts would have their time. When the general sentiment is strongly in one direction, that's usually when the market turns whether at tops or bottoms.

It's a bull market and so dips will be bought up quickly until a blow-off top. This market usually repeats history quite well and we can learn alot by looking back. In past bull runs, there are usually steep retracements and even steeper buy ups. So far, we've not seen any significant one.

A pullback should come, most folks would get scared and panic sell thinking that was the top, then it'd start rising and they'd buy back higher than they sold. It may repeat that until folks become so lax such that when the
real blow-offf top happens, most will still be confident it'd retrace and they'd keep holding until they loose all their profits... Ask the class of 2017 how that felt.

Talking of 2017, I rinsed my hands out late November and didn't let the December 17 gain lure me back. Currently, I'm manually setting a 'trailing stop loss'. The 1,000 I mentioned is an example. If it drops to 1,025, sell whatever I have at 1k. That'd still be some good profit for me.
If it gets to 1400, my SL, will come to 1200. Even if it's a fake correction.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Definition of ILLIQUIDITY is having 55m in property value and trying to sell.

https://www.nairaland.com/2297171/670sqm-land-sale-osapa-london....7mins/1

You go greet taya.

Good morning friends, good afternoon friends, is anybody buying, good evening friends, only the guy go greet, only him go reply himself, o boy, full 38 pages the guy still dey greet.

Him for just do money market rest.

Happy new year to everyone.

Like we prayed, Brent closed 2020 above $50.

This year will be surely better in Jesus' name.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:09am On Jan 11, 2021
1kinggy:

Talking of 2017, I rinsed my hands out late November and didn't let the December 17 gain lure me back. Currently, I'm manually setting a 'trailing stop loss'. The 1,000 I mentioned is an example. If it drops to 1,025, sell whatever I have at 1k. That'd still be some good profit for me.
If it gets to 1400, my SL, will come to 1200. Even if it's a fake correction.

Not everyone would have that discipline.
The most important thing is to manage risk... I do that using several means. I use S/L sometimes but most times, I take stuff off the table when I see fit. I already set a target for what I'd use profits on and fetch on the way up.
If you're margin trading actively managing risk is key, but for spot, I don't always use S/L depending on market conditions. Most times they're 'hunted' and stopped out before a significant move.
I trade on the higher time frames and once the conditions are right, I let my stuff ride the tide.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:

You go greet taya.

Good morning friends, good afternoon friends, is anybody buying, good evening friends, only the guy go greet, only him go reply himself, o boy, full 38 pages the guy still dey greet.

The days of CBN injecting fx into the parallel markets is gone!
Y'all better face reality.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2021
jedisco:

Examples I'd give are Lun0, B1nance, Bundle... They all have apps on the mobile app stores which are quite robust.

For a new entrants, I'd say Bundle is the easiest to use and payout to your bank account in naira is pretty fast. It works off B1nance in a way which gives added liquidity but makes the process pretty smooth. Also their fees are not soo high. B1nance is pretty much the most robust and liquid one there. Has a 'lite' mode as the trading features can get new folks confused. Its also the cheapest interms of trading fees. Lun0 has been available the longest in Nigeria but their fees are relatively the highest and the unavailability of a stable coyn (one priced against the dollar whose price doesn't fluctuate) there makes it less favourable. Also, there's much less liquidity there which can be tiring.

That said, it's not advisable to keep your coyns on exchanges for a long time. Exchanges are like a market place where people come to buy and sell. If keeping for long, it's advisable to get a secure private wallet (preferably hardware) where you can transfer coyns to after buying off exchanges and transfer them back when you need to sell. Most hardware wallets are about the size of a hard drive and can hold an almost infinite value of coyns in your pocket.

Is it possible for the payout to be in dollars to a domicillary account?

and where can one get the private hardware wallet?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
grin grin
The guy literally sent ahib on relegation.
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:23am On Jan 11, 2021
Sir, how do you mean? Is there a policy of no more intervention?
TransAtlanticEx:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:28am On Jan 11, 2021
ojesymsym:
Sir, how do you mean? Is there a policy of no more intervention?
They have been saying so subtly for a long time.
Also ,they allowing remmitanves to flow direct to Aboki should tell you all about it as well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:

You go greet taya.

And property is not generating cash flow in form of rental income

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:

When has the CBN ever injected liquidity to the parallel market?

If what you mean is retail market, then you're still wrong.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

And property is not generating cash flow in form of rental income

Sub 1% yields on T-bills make rental income attractive to me these days, something I was so certain I wouldn't pursue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:

You go greet taya.

At 55m, that a f*cking expensive land.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:

When has the CBN ever injected liquidity to the parallel market?

If what you mean is retail market, then you're still wrong.
undecided
It's like you've been in coma since 2017 till April last year.
I would have love ahiboilandgas or lazyyouth4u to school you on this cos I no get energy to shalaye.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
pizapato:

Is it possible for the payout to be in dollars to a domicillary account?

and where can one get the private hardware wallet?

I don't see it as a payout per se. It's a store of value which can be easily and instantaneously transacted across borders... Similar to purchasing gold just more convenient... You buy believing it'd grow in value over time and you can sell at a profit.

When you sell, the only options I know now would be into cash or into other equivalent assets. Things may change in future. Also, it's worth nothing that when we use dollars, its just for uniformity in tracking the price. Not that it's tagged to dollars or any currency per se.

For hardware wallets, your best source of purchase would be online and its best to purchase directly from companies involved.. There are quite a number. Some pricey, some are cheaper. One example is trezor

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
undecided
It's like you've been in coma since 2017 till April last year.
I would have love ahiboilandgas or lazyyouth4u to school you on this cos I no get energy to shalaye.

Are you an ** or are you just very **?

When in your ** ignorant mind has the CBN ever supplied dollars to the parallel market?

9 times out of 10, I have to teach you meaning of basic terms, and you're opening your ** mouth to say school.

From how mop ups work, to crude oil swaps to now meaning of parallel market.

Be humble and stop flaunting ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:

Are you an illiterate or are you just very dumb?

When in your silly ignorant mind has the CBN ever supplied dollars to the parallel market?

9 times out of 10, I have to teach you meaning of basic terms, and you're opening your silly mouth to say school.

From how mop ups work, to crude oil swaps to now meaning of parallel market.

Be humble and stop flaunting ignorance.
You are a fool.
Do I look like someone that gives a shit about basic terms? undecided
We talking about money and what works or is applicable and this fool says terms?
Has the CBN not been funding BDCs heavily weekly at reduced prices since 2017?
Basic terms,ha! grin ....Bumbling idiot.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PHOTSEE(m): 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Make sure the dividend yield is 10% and above, minimum of 40% of the earnings is ploughed back into the business for growth and to increase the retained earnings, earnings are also growing at an average of 10% in the last 3 to 5 years
Pa emman , pls help with such stock list

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
You are a fool.
Do I look like someone that gives a shit about basic terms? undecided
We talking about money and what works or is applicable and this fool says terms?
Has the CBN not been funding BDCs heavily weekly at reduced prices since 2017?
Basic terms,ha! grin ....Bumbling idiot.

You think BDC is what parallel market means, and you're boasting on your ignorance?

You must have ** *"!

** that thinks cos crude prices and refined petroleum prices differ, they can't be swapped.

Engaging with a basic school lad would be better than with a ** like **, but cos I know you and perhaps others like you learn from my posts, I'll indulge.

By the way, i'd say you just stick to your ** talks, and steer clear of talks about finance, cos apparently, ** traded ** remaining ** for that, and I see it keeps **. ** dey ** **!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Reply with your curse words now o, cos I'm about praying for forgiveness for the ones I used on you. Not that after I finish praying, you'll now start again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
When tomorrow's figures get published, we expect reserves to break above the long standing $36Bn resistance.

Next prayer is for Brent to close the quarter above $60 a barrel.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
awesomeJ:
When tomorrow's figures get published, we expect reserves to break above the long standing $36Bn resistance.

Next prayer is for Brent to close the quarter above $60 a barrel.
lol cheesy
Pipedreams.
Also,remember there are production cuts and high cost of production,
Second wave of covid19 is really rallying and lockdown is imminent,some western countries have already started.
So it's just a matter of time before the shithole's revenue tumbles again via oil price collapse.
Bask in your dreams all you like,reality will always prevail,
Ode!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Cc ogogorofreak,
How's bitcoin treating you?
Heard it tumbled badly this week,true?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Cc ogogorofreak,

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Cc ogogorofreak,
No be lie o. The thing be like film. grin

Thank God say I don cash out enough profit and diversified investment. Bitcoin is always like that bro.

But those wey know, Sabi say na another opportunity dey present itself so. I don ready with enough cash to buy more bitcoin heavily if it falls to a scary level.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
lol cheesy
Pipedreams.
Also,remember there are production cuts and high cost of production,
Second wave of covid19 is really rallying and lockdown is imminent,some western countries have already started.
So it's just a matter of time before the shithole's revenue tumbles again via oil price collapse.
Bask in your dreams all you like,reality will always prevail,
Ode!

There you go again displaying ignorance.

You don't have to talk and embarass yourself all the time. There's hardly a post you make that I don't have to correct you on.

December 2020 was when we started hearing of new virus strains, and new lock downs. Ordinarily, your opinion of a crash in prices should have materialized, but some of us already spoke and were staying in faith since April when Oil was doing $20 that it would close the year above $50. That December was when it broke $50 for the first time, despite the new covid strains and lockdowns, and it eventually closed the year above $51.

"Reserves finally broke a 10-month resistance of $36bn".

That will be my post around 8pm tomorrow.

When you check the website, that's what you'll see. If it makes you **, good for you!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Make una give us signal when we wen non understand the market fit follow una blindly.
What is pushing the downward price movement? is the bubble burst or just some people who want to buy cheap that are driving the prices down?
OgogoroFreak:
No be lie o. The thing be like film. grin

Thank God say I don cash out enough profit and diversified investment. Bitcoin is always like that bro.

But those wey know, Sabi say na another opportunity dey present itself so. I don ready with enough cash to buy more bitcoin heavily if it falls to a scary level.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bosses on this wonderful thread. I greet all of you.
Please I need a job. Any kind of job that can keep me busy. I can't learn a skill now because I need to have some work experience and still get paid in the process, plus I don't even have the money.
You can reach out by calling me on 08028617061.
I'm sorry for derailing and disrupting the conversation here, it's just that my situation is very critical. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.