Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,393 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4530704 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (2248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
No be lie o. The thing be like film. grin

Thank God say I don cash out enough profit and diversified investment. Bitcoin is always like that bro.

But those wey know, Sabi say na another opportunity dey present itself so. I don ready with enough cash to buy more bitcoin heavily if it falls to a scary level.

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2021
1kinggy:

Talking of 2017, I rinsed my hands out late November and didn't let the December 17 gain lure me back. Currently, I'm manually setting a 'trailing stop loss'. The 1,000 I mentioned is an example. If it drops to 1,025, sell whatever I have at 1k. That'd still be some good profit for me.
If it gets to 1400, my SL, will come to 1200. Even if it's a fake correction.

You see what I told you about bull markets and stoploss hunts... You put your stoploss too low, you may end up selling the bottom of a pullback. Font be surprised you buy higher if you sold at 1k. Risk management can be tricky so I don't bother too much about stop losses on spot once I have a good entry In a bull market, I like days like this... It's a loading opportunity.

We've just had our first major pullback. More will still come and be bought up. That will continue to drive the euphoria until we get a blow off top and most folks will think its a pull back.
The selloff today was do obvious price was being supressed. Betece selloffs are not this gentle...

For those in altys, this is a blessing... I expect some retest of support again today and before the end of the week, most should be above what they started the week with. Already a good number of them are outperforming Eith which is a marker that we may see some crazy percentage pumps in the next few weeks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:37am On Jan 12, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
No be lie o. The thing be like film. grin

Thank God say I don cash out enough profit and diversified investment. Bitcoin is always like that bro.

But those wey know, Sabi say na another opportunity dey present itself so. I don ready with enough cash to buy more bitcoin heavily if it falls to a scary level.

It has it's first major 20-30% pullback in a bull run and you're looking for lower numbers. Most folks will end up buying higher than they sold. I hoped for a wick to 28,000 but barely got 30k. I will look for what today offers... If 30k still holds today (I doubt we'd see it.. perhaps 32-33k) then 50-60k may come faster than we all think.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:02am On Jan 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

This is simple English comprehension.

I listed their company names, the names of their subsidiaries and names of their different Investment products.

SEC is not aware of any of them and the products.

Apart from registering with SEC as a fund manager, your investement products must be registered and regulated by SEC. SEC denied knowledge of all these.

Please be guided.

If possible share the names of their trustees and fund managers, so that I can also confirm their status and roles in the Investments
Tuale pa Emma...who get ear, use am ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:47am On Jan 12, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Honesty, I don't know o. My money just keeps quadrupling grin from 1btc = $5,000 to 1btc now = $43,000 and counting. The profit is like a lie.

I'm cashing out little by little to spread my investment so I don't get drowned/lost in profit cos I know the price must surely come down but this particular happening is strange. I just don't want to empty my b1tcoin account.

I have sold some and invested heavily in Risevest, piggyvest, opay, and now trying to trade USA stocks using bamboo.

Not scared of losing the millions I put in these fintech apps. Afterall, all the money came from the impossible b1tcoin profit this period.
Why you Dey expose madam face now...she offend you? grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:05am On Jan 12, 2021
awesomeJ:

Sub 1% yields on T-bills make rental income attractive to me these days, something I was so certain I wouldn't pursue.
I have been pursuing all forms, rental, business, T bills and just fidelity stock.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:19am On Jan 12, 2021
Hoping to add up other stocks this year, following Pa Emma foot steps. My eyes and ears are monitoring every tips from Pa Emma this year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:44am On Jan 12, 2021
igbizen:

I have been pursuing all forms, rental, business, T bills and just fidelity stock.

I hear some analysts expect a hike in rates later in the year.

I don't think any hike will be material. Maybe 2% tops.

Let me join you guys in getting 8-10% rental yields.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2021
awesomeJ:

I hear some analysts expect a hike in rates later in the year.

I don't think any hike will be material. Maybe 2% tops.

Let me join you guys in getting 8-10% rental yields.

Examples of where to get 8% to 10% rental yield
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Student Hostels.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
awesomeJ:

Student Hostels.

Schools have been shutdown for close to a year now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2021
NL1960:

Schools have been shutdown for close to a year now.
I hear it's new rent when they resume. 2020 rent already expired.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
There's even an extra $141m on top!
Reserves now at $36.14bn
10-month high.
Thank God!
We stay in faith now for $40bn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odiase23: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Not the best . Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2021
Your sense of patriotism and optimism is greatly admired.

You have a very positive hope for the country, even when you err, it is always on the side of positivity and optimism.

For a nation with citizens only interested in asset stripping and negativity, you sure make a hopeful exception.
awesomeJ:
There's even an extra $141m on top!

Reserves now at $36.14bn

10-month high.

Thank God!

We stay in faith now for $40bn.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojesymsym:

You have a very positive hope for the country, even when you err, it is always on the side of positivity.

For a nation with citizens only interested in asset stripping and negativity, you sure make a hopeful exception.
Oh please,he is being hopeful for nothing and not realistic.
And he is stupid and naive too,too naive to see the bigger picture. undecided
I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2021
One man. One hope. One vision. Sometimes that is all that is needed.

I know you are a realist and capitalist, but the guy keeps hope alive even in the face of imminent doom.
TransAtlanticEx:
I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojesymsym:

You have a very positive hope for the country, even when you err, it is always on the side of positivity and optimism.

You do whatever you can to help your country. Whether in exporting your skills or products, or in creating jobs or just praying. Do something rather than complain all the time.

It only makes sense that a citizen should want the best for their country. If things degenerate beyond control, I wonder what folks in the pessimist camp hope to gain.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojesymsym:
One man. One hope. One vision. Sometimes that is all that is needed.

I know you are a realist and capitalist, but the guy keeps hope alive even in the face of imminent doom.
When I was I think 20 years old,fresher in the university and with the burden of a Honda CRV then,
I had a lot of hope,and I mean a lot!!!
Guess what?they all crashed and rendered me penniless and almost useless.
Bros,its better to be realistic than be hopeful.
Use the current reality to judge or make decisions,and not hope like the fool is doing up there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
awesomeJ:

You do whatever you can to help your country. Whether in exporting your skills or products, or in creating jobs or just praying. Do something rather than complain all the time.

It only makes sense that a citizen should want the best for their country. If things degenerate beyond control, I wonder what folks in the pessimist camp hope to gain.
Its one thing to be pessimistic and another thing entirely to be realistic.
I hope you are smart enough to tell the difference.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
Another exciting thing for me is the fact that in the course of 2020, we significantly weaned ourselves off FPIs.

For the first time in years, NSE has over 60% dominance by local investors.

and OMO bills sold reduced by over N5trn (about $13bn) yoy.

The pressure of FPIs using their hasty movements to crash our stock and currency markets has now been significantly reduced.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Is that sustainable, will they not be back as soon as the whole COVID wahala is over.
As a matter of fact, we suspect they were around in October when the stock market started seeing unexplained inflow, 'me' think that they are still lurking around.
awesomeJ:
Another exciting thing for me is the fact that in the course of 2020, we significantly weaned ourselves off FPIs.

For the first time in years, NSE has over 60% dominance by local investors.

and OMO bills sold reduced by over N5trn (about $13bn) yoy.

The pressure of FPIs using their hasty movements to crash our stock and currency markets has now been significantly reduced.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojesymsym:
Is that sustainable, will they not be back as soon as the whole COVID wahala is over.
As a matter of fact, we suspect they were around in October when the stock market started seeing unexplained inflow, 'me' think that they are still lurking around.

The October in flows were mostly T-bills money from institutional investors. T-bills discount crashed to sub 1% for the first time perhaps in NTB's history, and market still had 8-12% yields on several stocks, so naturally those inflows came. You may check the NSE October domestic and foreign investors participation report to confirm. I haven't checked the said report but I expect it to confirm what I've said.

About FPIs returning, that's mostly good for our currency now, it's their rush to exit that's often bad.

Imagine them coming back with $5bn net this quarter, reserves will grow to $42bn.

But when they want to move out in a hurry, it won't be funny. I remember March They we're offering Nestle that I bought at 1200 for 765, it was still full offer.

But with markets around the world mostly performing well, FPIs may not want to take the risks with emerging markets just yet.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
ojesymsym:

By the way they're not fully out, like you said some are still around, as not even all have been able to fully repatriate their funds. but like I said their tendency to crash our markets is much reduced now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
It is for this bolded reason that I do not like them (FPIs). FDI are less likely to runaway as they cannot carry their factory in their head as the FPI are able to carry their own money with a click on their laptop (they don't even use portfolio again to move their money) away.
awesomeJ:

The October in flows were mostly T-bills money from institutional investors. T-bills discount crashed to sub 1% for the first time perhaps in NTB's history, and market still had 8-12% yields on several stocks, so naturally those inflows came. You may check the NSE October domestic and foreign investors participation report to confirm. I haven't checked the said report but I expect it to confirm what I've said.

About FPIs returning, that's mostly good for our currency now, it's their rush to exit that's often bad.

Imagine them coming back with $5bn net this quarter, reserves will grow to $42bn.

But when they want to move out in a hurry, it won't be funny. I remember March They we're offering Nestle that I bought at 1200 for 765, it was still full offer.

But with markets around the world mostly performing well, FPIs may not want to take the risks with emerging markets just yet.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

My just completed mini Plaza gives me about 12%, from my calculation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2021
Pa Emma, still waiting for your tips on stocks this year; Dividend-paying, am not out for trading. Cashflow is the goal. God bless you more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:28am On Jan 13, 2021
igbizen:

My just completed mini Plaza gives me about 12%, from my calculation.

Location? Always give room for 10% discount for repairs, maintenance and bad tenants

So your 12% should be 10.8% which is not bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:03am On Jan 13, 2021
igbizen:
Pa Emma, still waiting for your tips on stocks this year; Dividend-paying, am not out for trading. Cashflow is the goal. God bless you more.

I don't give stock recommendations, currently not buying anything until April
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2021
ojesymsym:

Some of us do not have any option than to be optimism about the country because UK, Canada, US, Australia, Ireland will not be able to accommodate all of us. So some of us gotta remain here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:10am On Jan 13, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
I'll pass.

If you are not hopeful, then why are you still here?. Why you never jakpa?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2021
NL1960:

If you are not hopeful, then why are you still here?. Why you never jakpa?.
I never jakpa because I have a d make good money in Nigeria. wink
So no need for me to jakpa or go anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (2248) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.