Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,195 members, 7,903,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4566765 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2255) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetunrayo(f): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
My 1st ever bid was successful and am countin days 4 d maturity, so I can re-invest.I use stanbic IBTC. HAPPY INVESTING
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
adetunrayo: My 1st ever bid was successful and am countin days 4 d maturity, so I can re-invest.I use stanbic IBTC. HAPPY INVESTING
what is the minimum amount of bill u can buy from stanbic ibtc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plendil: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
adetunrayo: My 1st ever bid was successful and am countin days 4 d maturity, so I can re-invest.I use stanbic IBTC. HAPPY INVESTING

I've seen quite a number of positive reviews from those who use Stanbic. I'm seriously considering them.

All these discount houses are thieves. Minimum of 5M!! can you imagine?? shocked shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Guys which among stanbic ibtc,First bank and diamond do u advise for treassury bills nd when is the next bid date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qizick: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
[qu ehote author=groovie I knw
u s Te]feelamong my guy, abeg ehn my email address is ottiandrew@hotmail.com. Am realy interested in where to buy and how interest will be paid. E.g. Dat 88k u talked about is it at d end of the year o monthly? Wil they pay it into my account? Thanks 4 ur help.[/quote]

Pls which subsidiary. Do I use for d tb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by purplecircle: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Please can i buy tbs please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
purplecircle: Please can i buy tbs please.

You can buy, talk to your banker or broker.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
plendil:

I've seen quite a number of positive reviews from those who use Stanbic. I'm seriously considering them.

All these discount houses are thieves. Minimum of 5M!! can you imagine?? shocked shocked

They are not thieves, they only cater for high net-worth investors and Institutional investors.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hello house, it's been a long time i read up on this thread, Anyway, i read an article and decided to share it here, It is about the fiscal and monetary policy overlap in this country, this is part of the reasons why t bills are over 10% Read via http://pocketeconomist..com/2013/11/the-fiscal-and-monetary-policy.html
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ALL PLS COMMENT IF U AV IDEA:WROTE FIRSTCONTACT REQUESTING THEM TO ASSIST ME OBTAIN /BID FOR ME,WAS TOLD I SHOULD FORWARD A WRITTEN AUTHORITY REQUESTING THAT,BEING ADDRESSED TO MY BRANCH OFFICE ATTACHING BIO DATA PAGE OF MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,INWHICH I DID,BUT WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT ,RATHER DRIVERS LICENCE TELLING THEM I HAVE NO INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,FEW DAY LETTER PRCISLY ON 4 OCT MY ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED FOR TB FOR THE AMOUNT I SPECIFIED.PLS AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS UPFRONT INTREST THING,HOW DOES IT WORK....?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
ikemefunam: @ALL PLS COMMENT IF U AV IDEA:WROTE FIRSTCONTACT REQUESTING THEM TO ASSIST ME OBTAIN /BID FOR ME,WAS TOLD I SHOULD FORWARD A WRITTEN AUTHORITY REQUESTING THAT,BEING ADDRESSED TO MY BRANCH OFFICE ATTACHING BIO DATA PAGE OF MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,INWHICH I DID,BUT WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT ,RATHER DRIVERS LICENCE TELLING THEM I HAVE NO INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,FEW DAY LETTER PRCISLY ON 4 OCT MY ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED FOR TB FOR THE AMOUNT I SPECIFIED.PLS AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS UPFRONT INTREST THING,HOW DOES IT WORK....?
U are supposd to get ur interest immediately ur account is debite, i think they usually subtract ur interest 4rm d amount u re buying n take d rest e.g if u are buyin t-bills worth of 500k n ur interet is supposed to b 50k dey jst take 450k frm ur acc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
ikemefunam: @ALL PLS COMMENT IF U AV IDEA:WROTE FIRSTCONTACT REQUESTING THEM TO ASSIST ME OBTAIN /BID FOR ME,WAS TOLD I SHOULD FORWARD A WRITTEN AUTHORITY REQUESTING THAT,BEING ADDRESSED TO MY BRANCH OFFICE ATTACHING BIO DATA PAGE OF MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,INWHICH I DID,BUT WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT ,RATHER DRIVERS LICENCE TELLING THEM I HAVE NO INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,FEW DAY LETTER PRCISLY ON 4 OCT MY ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED FOR TB FOR THE AMOUNT I SPECIFIED.PLS AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS UPFRONT INTREST THING,HOW DOES IT WORK....?

Chomzy19: U are supposd to get ur interest immediately ur account is debite, i think they usually subtract ur interest 4rm d amount u re buying n take d rest e.g if u are buyin t-bills worth of 500k n ur interet is supposed to b 50k dey jst take 450k frm ur acc

First Bank does not discount your interest from the invested capital as suggested by Chomzy19- which is supposed to be the right thing- they will credit your account with the interest very soon- perhaps by Friday or early next week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nairaxchan: 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
@all please i need assistance,i went to gtbank and applied for treasury bill, and i was told the bidding was today, and up till now my account has not been debited, was i given information on when the next bidding was taking place or has anyone used gtbank to apply and if yes how long did it take before you were debited
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by norrisman: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
nairaxchan: @all please i need assistance,i went to gtbank and applied for treasury bill, and i was told the bidding was today, and up till now my account has not been debited, was i given information on when the next bidding was taking place or has anyone used gtbank to apply and if yes how long did it take before you were debited

calm down bro... the people that went to do the bidding at CBN are probably not even back in the office yet grin.

If you are successful, the amount due, less your upfront interest will be debited from you account tomorrow or Friday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nairaxchan: 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
oga norrisman na my first time be this, i just needed to be sure if there was bidding today and possible scenarios.

Thanks 4 ur response, apprc8.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2013
CBN STOP RATES

91 days ................10.89%

182 days...............11.60%

364 days ...............11.80%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Chomzy19: U are supposd to get ur interest immediately ur account is debite, i think they usually subtract ur interest 4rm d amount u re buying n take d rest e.g if u are buyin t-bills worth of 500k n ur interet is supposed to b 50k dey jst take 450k frm ur acc
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INTREST,WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2013
Elai147:

First Bank does not discount your interest from the invested capital as suggested by Chomzy19- which is supposed to be the right thing- they will credit your account with the interest very soon- perhaps by Friday or early next week.

THANKS MAN,WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chegson: 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikemefunam: @ALL PLS COMMENT IF U AV IDEA:WROTE FIRSTCONTACT REQUESTING THEM TO ASSIST ME OBTAIN /BID FOR ME,WAS TOLD I SHOULD FORWARD A WRITTEN AUTHORITY REQUESTING THAT,BEING ADDRESSED TO MY BRANCH OFFICE ATTACHING BIO DATA PAGE OF MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,INWHICH I DID,BUT WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT ,RATHER DRIVERS LICENCE TELLING THEM I HAVE NO INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,FEW DAY LETTER PRCISLY ON 4 OCT MY ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED FOR TB FOR THE AMOUNT I SPECIFIED.PLS AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS
UPFRONT INTREST TH
ING,HOW DOES IT.
WORK....?

@Ikemefunam I ve forwarded all the requirements you listed above, including my utility bill for the current month to firstcontact as requested by them.It is almost two weeks now and I've not heard from either firstcontact or my branch. Pls how long does it take them to respond in your own case? Iam realy worried.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chegson: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
@all pls, what is the minimum amount required by Gtbank for investment in treasury bills. A member of their staff told me sometime ago that it was N1 Million Naira minimum. Pls, forum members that applied for tbills through Gtbank, how far is this true. Your urgent response shall be appreciated pls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2013
When next is bidding date? was told it on monday 11th.How true is dat?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneybag100: 12:01am On Nov 11, 2013
I did a tb of 1.1million naira with first bank, kwara State I received #26,212..is this my profit? I thought they say 10% or I will still receive another payment? If no..T.B is totally waste of time!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2013
chegson:

@Ikemefunam I ve forwarded all the requirements you listed above, including my utility bill for the current month to firstcontact as requested by them.It is almost two weeks now and I've not heard from either firstcontact or my branch. Pls how long does it take them to respond in your own case? Iam realy worried.
I WAS ATTENDED TO IMMEDIATELY,I IST WROTE THEM THAT AM A BUSY TYPE AND NEVER HAVE TIME TO LEAVE OFFICE DURING WORKING DAYS,IF THEY CAN.......SO WHEN I WAS TOLD TO WRITE THE LETTER ADDRESSED TO MY BRANCH I WROTE IT WITH SIGNATURE SPECIMEN(MINE) AS AN ATTACHEMENT,IN MY FORWARDING LETTER I ATTENTIONED IT TO THE PERSON THAT REPLIED ME COPING HER PERSONAL OFFICE MAIL ADRESS E.G.

RE:REQUEST TO BID TREASURY BILL ON MY BEHALF(CAPTION)

ATTENTION:ONYIA MUSTAPHA.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
@all anybody that has received his upfront intrest for nov 3rd or 4th bid for firstbank?NEED REPLY URGENTLY PLS.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Please I will like to know about treasury bills as it pertains to the Nigerian banking system. I will also like to know how to buy TBs. Please send me a mail on tosinajiboye@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
moneybag100: I did a tb of 1.1million naira with first bank, kwara State I received #26,212..is this my profit? I thought they say 10% or I will still receive another payment? If no..T.B is totally waste of time!!

And you will claim that you are a graduate o. Were you expecting 10% for 3 months? Its advertised as 10% PA so if you have invested for only 3 months, you get only 2.5%

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
pappilo:

And you will claim that you are a graduate o. Were you expecting 10% for 3 months? Its advertised as 10% PA so if you have invested for only 3 months, you get only 2.5%

lol

but thats a bit harsh,

you'd done a better job breaking it down for him.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
inze:

lol

but thats a bit harsh,

you'd done a better job breaking it down for him.

Harsh indeed !

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneybag100: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
pappilo:

Why the insult ? I never knew it was PA, I got it all wrong, get that to you dumb head MR GRADUATE
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adebhayor(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hi pals, av been following dis trend. U guyz are really doing a great job. Plz i need clarification on this, if one want too invest in TB, do u just pick an interest rate or check the previous rate before choosing what to bid for. Secondly, if one pick an interest rate of 11% for 91days and CBN actually rate came out as 10.59%, does it mean the investement will be unsuccessful or the investment will take effect with CBN rate. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adebhayor(m): 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hi pals, av been following dis trend. U guyz are really doing a great job. Plz i need clarification on this, if one want to invest in TB, do u just pick an interest rate or check the previous rate before choosing what to bid for. Secondly, if one pick an interest rate of 11% for 91days and CBN actual rate came out as 10.59%, does it mean the investment will be unsuccessful or the investment will still take effect with CBN rate. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (2255) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.