Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,699 members, 7,889,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:14 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4542788 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (2251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 1:07am On Nov 15, 2018
bendo75:
I see that some folks intentionally or unintentionally want to derail this sub. For the past few days, I have noticed name calling, insults and pride on this sub. We must not forget that our forum was started by Feelamong on Feb. 24, 2012 for the purpose of helping folks understand and invest in NTB. Today I am a beneficiary of Feelamong’s ingenuity. It will be nice if we keep this forum for NTB.

For those talking about inflation and saving in dorm accounts, you can start a sub on inflation and I know many folks here be willing to subscribe.

Few years back I flipped all my Usd to naira at $/492 and invested all in treasury bills at 18% interest rate for 364 days. Today it’s $/360. When I flipped $ to ₦, some of my friends flipped ₦ to $ predicting $/1000. They said naija was going to burn down but the good Lord did not allow our country to burn down. No body knows tomorrow. I could also have been at loss and still can if ₦ depreciates a lot in future.

My point is that this sub exists to encourage Nigerian young people to cultivate the culture of saving and for me NTB is a zero risk way to achieve that.

Please let’s keep this forum only for NTB investment and please stop all personal attacks. We are all here to learn from each other. Blessings folks.

Your point is exactly what some of us were trying to pass across before some people apply emotions and took it personal simply because some people didn't agree with their opinion whereas others didn't even ask them to agree with their opinion too. The greatest deception we suffer is from our own opinions. Thank you for your advice.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bendo75(m): 1:27am On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/eur-ngn-prediction&ved=2ahUKEwi_k_2_itXeAhULKlAKHbXBA24QFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3hUoiHJFK9mbXJ6mcBhAV4...euro is expected to hit 730 to naira by 2023 ...

I hope you don’t use that site for your economic indicator. Earlier this year, it predicted $50000/BTC and $10000/ETH EOY. Be careful with these predictions. God bless.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 1:39am On Nov 15, 2018
Hi all,

Let's all learn from each other. This is one of the liveliest discussion that has been on the thread for some time. I dont think the topic and investing in tbs are mutually exclusive. We all have Tbill investments and are only talking about diversification.

I don't think any of the contributors intend to stop investing in tbills altogether or are advising pips to do so.

We can monitor the rates as we have been doing and also engage in stimulating conversations we can all learn from.

No need for insults, this has been the one of the most civilized forum in Nairaland. Let's keep it that way.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 2:26am On Nov 15, 2018
Laugh wan kill me seriously, why do we always like to talk about irrelevant matters. Let me tell u guys, weather your money is in euro domiciliary, usd, cefa, pounds, my advice is for u to pray for naija to be in peace because if anything happens, no be bank will give u cheque to withdraw your dollars?

Let me go and sink my 4m now in TB, no dulling. Inflation ko and ni

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 2:28am On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for this info.
Acidosis:

First Bank, someone also mentioned Diamond bank.

I also have the interest rate guide for Anchoria Asset Mgt (a subsidiary of vfd group). These guys currently offer the best rates I've seen anywhere both on local and foreign currencies, but of course not everyone would be comfortable with a non-banking financial institution, especially one that is not so popular.

You're likely going to get very ridiculous rates from FirstBank though. They offer rates as low as 2% on fixed deposits (local currencies) for 30 days. So on foreign currencies, expect even lower rates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 3:20am On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
this my tankers I own several 28 am very sure am more grounded in bussiness more than you and understand inflation and devalution cos I import tyres and part ....i buy tires for 35 k each now it 70 k ....
please i need more pictures ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2018
Good morning...

Today marks the end of my treasury bills tenor. Should I expect my money at the end of banking operations today or it can be paid at any time? Can I go to the bank and ask them to reinvest it instead of crediting my account?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 6:54am On Nov 15, 2018
Acidosis:

First Bank, someone also mentioned Diamond bank.

I also have the interest rate guide for Anchoria Asset Mgt (a subsidiary of vfd group). These guys currently offer the best rates I've seen anywhere both on local and foreign currencies, but of course not everyone would be comfortable with a non-banking financial institution, especially one that is not so popular.

You're likely going to get very ridiculous rates from FirstBank though. They offer rates as low as 2% on fixed deposits (local currencies) for 30 days. So on foreign currencies, expect even lower rates.
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2018
Ifelove1:
Good morning...

Today marks the end of my treasury bills tenor. Should I expect my money at the end of banking operations today or it can be paid at any time? Can I go to the bank and ask them to reinvest it instead of crediting my account?
your money will surely drop. but you can only reinvest via secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 7:04am On Nov 15, 2018
Mfunkynation:

your money will surely drop. but you can only reinvest via secondary market
I know. My question is that instead of crediting my account, can I go to the bank and tell them to resubscribe in one of the secondary markets available (which I will choose)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2018
Ifelove1:
I know. My question is that instead of crediting my account, can I go to the bank and tell them to resubscribe in one of the secondary markets available (which I will choose)

Unfortunately the answer is No. Your account has to be credited first to complete the TB transaction cycle. Once the money is physically in your account, your account officer can subsequently get you a new TB investment either in the secondary or next primary market as per your instruction.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2018
You are a gem
Infinitisi:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2018
You made a massive KILL!
bendo75:
I see that some folks intentionally or unintentionally want to derail this sub. For the past few days, I have noticed name calling, insults and pride on this sub. We must not forget that our forum was started by Feelamong on Feb. 24, 2012 for the purpose of helping folks understand and invest in NTB. Today I am a beneficiary of Feelamong’s ingenuity. It will be nice if we keep this forum for NTB.

For those talking about inflation and saving in dorm accounts, you can start a sub on inflation and I know many folks here be willing to subscribe.

Few years back I flipped all my Usd to naira at $/492 and invested all in treasury bills at 18% interest rate for 364 days. Today it’s $/360. When I flipped $ to ₦, some of my friends flipped ₦ to $ predicting $/1000. They said naija was going to burn down but the good Lord did not allow our country to burn down. No body knows tomorrow. I could also have been at loss and still can if ₦ depreciates a lot in future.

My point is that this sub exists to encourage Nigerian young people to cultivate the culture of saving and for me NTB is a zero risk way to achieve that.

Please let’s keep this forum only for NTB investment and please stop all personal attacks. We are all here to learn from each other. Blessings folks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2018
dejiotus:

Unfortunately the answer is No. Your account has to be credited first to complete the TB transaction cycle. Once the money is physically in your account, your account officer can subsequently get you a new TB investment either in the secondary or next primary market as per your instruction.
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Nawao. The money wey Tbills pay me in mid October for my 91 days purchase, I don chop am finish. Chai. And we are still two months away from the maturity date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2018
Ifelove1:
Thank you
You are welcome
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2018
ozymes:
You made a massive KILL!

God bless you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2018
Grupo:
Nawao. The money wey Tbills pay me in mid October for my 91 days purchase, I don chop am finish. Chai. And we are still two months away from the maturity date.

I fit give you loan sha with the TB as collateral so that you can continue the chopping. grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2018
750 million euro (part of 2.8 bn euro bond )offered at 9.7 with 10 years maturity period...meaning if u invest 10000 euro u will get around 20000 euro in 10 years (without reinvesting the interest payment) by 2028 your 20000 euro will be @600 =1200000 naira initail investment 4200000 ....for proper understanding u need have long term experience 5 -10 not 1 to 2

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Grupo:

Lol..
Pls who knows the next auction date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2018
dammy222:

Lol..

I think there was primary market auction yesterday, so, the next auction should be in two weeks time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2018
NL1960:

I fit give you loan sha with the TB as collateral so that you can continue the chopping. grin

Hahaha. Let's do it this way.

Dash me 1m, let me buy Tbills for 91 days. I will pay you back your capital after 3 months while I use the interest to do Christmas for village this December. Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2018
Their are 3 type of investors one group are short term investors (this group don't have much worry about foreign exchange risk) cos all they need a stability of 1years max .2 second group are long term investor planning on 10 to 20 years and beyond (this group have to worry about the stability of the naira ,purchasing power in future ,and the nation deflaut risk) 3 group are investor that invest for living expenses (salary earnings) this group don't have much worry cos their profit if equal to living liability this group use interest to pay school fees ,house rent etc they use up the gain immediate and can liquate investment any time..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:52am On Nov 15, 2018
For u to understand all our explanation u much fall with group 2 or intend to be a long term.....if u know u know (750m euro at 9.7 )
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2018
Ifelove1:
Good morning...

If it is FBN from around 9-10:00 am the money should drop.. Some times without alert so if you do not get alert you can just check your balance through various alternative means. Since your money is dropping today there is no need of telling them to reinvest when it has already matured.. You are expected to do that before the maturity day @least 2-3 days before..especially if it is primary market it is easier to roll over for FBN. For secondary market you can just walking in after confirmation that your money has dropped anytime before 3:00pm today and chose from what they as it appeal to you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2018
Grupo:

Dash me 1m, let me buy Tbills for 91 days. I will pay you back your capital after 3 months while I use the interest to do Christmas for village this December. Lol

Hw much would 1m give u for 91 days ?
I still don't understand d d tbills stuff
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Their are 3 type of investors one group are short term investors (this group don't have much worry about foreign exchange risk) cos all they need a stability of 1years max .2 second group are long term investor planning on 10 to 20 years and beyond (this group have to worry about the stability of the naira ,purchasing power in future ,and the nation deflaut risk) 3 group are investor that invest for living expenses (salary earnings) this group don't have much worry cos their profit if equal to living liability this group use interest to pay school fees ,house rent etc they use up the gain immediate and can liquate investment any time..

You're right. Another word investment banks use for category one and three is "risk averse", and that's the group Tbills and Fixed deposits belong.

I don't know why others don't seem to get your points but anyone who is willing to belong to category 2 must certainly worry about inflation or depreciation.

Another thread on long-term investments would not be a bad idea tbh, at least to maintain the goal of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2018
dammy222:

Lol..

November 28 is auction date.

See attached calendar.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2018
Grupo:

Shuoooo. How can i dash you 1m to buy Tbills when i dey read this Tbills thread almost every minute. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
freeman67:

If it is FBN from around 9-10:00 am the money should drop.. Some times without alert so if you do not get alert you can just check your balance through various alternative means. Since your money is dropping today there is no need of telling them to reinvest when it has already matured.. You are expected to do that before the maturity day @least 2-3 days before..especially if it is primary market it is easier to roll over for FBN. For secondary market you can just walking in after confirmation that your money has dropped anytime before 3:00pm today and chose from what they as it appeal to you.
Thank you once again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
no more fighting

Chai....why did I come late, it's the respect I have for ur views and that of @ grupo @lancee and @ sach , I had more insults to dish out to some people's reasoning, but since u have called for peace let me stand down.

But bros tell them ooh.....IF THEM NO KNOW.....MAKE THEM LEARN.

IF U KNOW, U KNOW... cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (2251) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.