Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,721 members, 7,889,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:35 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4542976 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (2251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
nope ,they are profit driven already ...u be investor na u need profit ....

From the foregoing about real estate, I deduced the following:

1. Before getting a land, do your due diligence

2. You're better off investing using money from TBills or some other means (mortgage) to develop the land instead of pouring a large sum into it because the ROI is over an extensively long term.

3. Building something functional like stores, a hall etc instead of regular apartments may just bring in more profit in the grand scheme of things

Any additions or subtractions?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2019
Bamz:

2. You're better off investing using money from TBills or some other means (mortgage) to develop the land instead of pouring a large sum into it because the ROI is over an extensively long term.

3. Building something functional like stores, a hall etc instead of regular apartments may just bring in more profit in the grand scheme of things

very true especially number 3 ...build shops instead that why kano has a lot of shops instead of house ...the r.o.i on shop is faster 8-10 years ....buy only land with c.of .o.goverment signed after checking the counterpart certificate in land berau ....if u get strength and can fight buy from irregulars source then try and do c.of o then it become premium....banks only collects land with c.of o...as security for loan

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Personally, I don’t think rental property is a regret. I have 30m upstair bringing 1M yearly, despite the fact that I occupy one of the flat. “One old man once said that house is not an investment, but you will regret it if you don’t have one after retirement. With the house I feel very confident investing my salary.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is the best thread on Nairaland. You people deserve award at the end of the year. Nairaland should start nominations of the best thread in each section.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ngpo855q9oziu0/Tbills%20Template%20GTB.docx?dl=0]TBills Instruction Template[/url]

Cc: Tickles001, kryptem, yungestmoney

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bamz:

FMBN here I come....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
igbizen:
Personally, I don’t think rental property is a regret. I have 30m upstair bringing 1M yearly, despite the fact that I occupy one of the flat. “One old man once said that house is not an investment, but you will regret it if you don’t have one after retirement. With the house I feel very confident investing my salary.

See the bold and italicized and the emphasis on 'after retirement'. I do not think this 'after retirement' is really it because if you use Lagos as an example, rents are paid in bulk annually. Most people are not disciplined enough to be spending it on an amortized monthly basis. Once it comes, everybody knows yearly rent has come and people will start bringing their problems for you to help solve. Even if you want to be collecting rent on a monthly basis, tenants will give you HBP before you get it. Tenants will be giving you excuses left, right and centre of no money whereas the tenant will be doing parties and buying aso-ebi all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
NL1960:

See the bold and italicized and the emphasis on 'after retirement'. I do not think this 'after retirement' is really it because if you use Lagos as an example, rents are paid in bulk annually. Most people are not disciplined enough to be spending it on an amortized monthly basis. Once it comes, everybody knows yearly rent has come and people will start bringing their problems for you to help solve. Even if you want to be collecting rent on a monthly basis, tenants will give you HBP before you get it. Tenants will be giving you excuses left, right and centre of no money whereas the tenant will be doing parties and buying aso-ebi all over the place.
True! One even slapped my sister's husband to the extent the man fainted on top of his own house o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
NL1960:

The thing tire me I swear.

I pity landlords honestly. This is another reason why I would never do residential real estate. If I ever go into Real Estate, it'll be commercial..and I'll only permit businesses that have solid cash flow and are recession proof e.g pharmacies

Come rain come sunshine people will always fall sick and they'll always spend on medicine..so the pharmacies have less excuse not to have money for rent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jobac:

True! One even slapped my sister's husband to the extent the man fainted on top of his own house o.

Are you serious shocked

It's just ridiculous what landlords go through
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jobac: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
HeliosHay:

Are you serious shocked

It's just ridiculous what landlords go through
Yes. He was owing three months rent and the man went to collect his money on a Saturday morning. The tenant said the man came too early and the next thing he received was a heavy slap.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jobac:

Yes. He was owing three months rent and the man went to collect his money on a Saturday morning. The tenant said the man came too early and the next thing he received was a heavy slap.

Can you imagine!

I won't tolerate such nonsense in my house. Whether the rent is paid or not I'll serve the tenant notice to vacate my house asap. What rubbish
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ebony9ja(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
cost average is a good strategy always. My first involvement with BTC was back in 2016 . I have gone through different cycles in my journey with crypto.. what works for me is to essentially trade . buy low and sell to make profit . I also convert some of these profits to BTC and transfer to a cold wallet. I will encourage any crypto enthusiast to invest in a reputable hardware wallet for extra protection . Trezor and keepkey are good products.

I have a lot to say on this subject . My previous post on the subject was deleted .

ositadima1:

One thing is certain, it is heading upwards. Since I am not very sure about its liquidity and to keep risk low I have adopted a simple strategy, I buy constant amounts every month, my target is to hold one bitcoin long term. My regret is that I should have started earlier.

By the way it is at $12,600.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
HeliosHay:

Can you imagine!

I won't tolerate such nonsense in my house. Whether the rent is paid or not I'll serve the tenant notice to vacate my house asap. What rubbish

They there dey deceive yourself. Pray you dont get some unfortunate tenants. A tenant took my friend to court on top of his own property and the case dragged for 2 years without the tenant paying shishi.
This is why i gave mine to Jide Taiwo as i no get strength to deal with some terrible tenants because i know myself to be an emotional person.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jejebabaa:

They there dey deceive yourself. Pray you dont get some unfortunate landlord. A tenant took my friend to court on top of his own property and the case dragged for 2 years without the tenant paying shishi.
This is why i gave mine to Jide Taiwo as i no get strength to deal with some terrible tenants because i know myself to be an emotional person.

It just baffles me why plenty of people still cue up to enter residential RE with all this wahala.

If I become a landlord ofcuz I'll treat my tenants with the utmost respect...but respect is reciprocal, If I respect you as a tenant and provide you with a comfortable home to live in, the least I expect is for you to pay your rent on time and treat me with respect too..once that line is crossed what else are we doing? the relationship won't work

For a tenant to gather the courage to slap me the landlord in my own house..my goodness..wow

I think a vetting system should be put in place where prospective tenants will be required to submit a reference from their previous landlords attesting to their character etc. This way, landlords can make an informed decision with regards to which tenants to allow in their house.

Imagine a tenant not paying rent for months/years or even taking a landlord to court (unless it's warranted), will he/she do it knowing they'll need the landlords' good reference in order to secure another house? they'll think carefully about how they treat their landlords.

Ofcuz when things are hard and the tenant cannot pay rent, they can see the landlord, explain the situation and perhaps a more manageable payment plan will be put in place to help alleviate the pressure on the tenant. But for a tenant to give the landlord the runaround and then take him to court on frivolous charges..it's just too much.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jejebabaa:

They there dey deceive yourself. Pray you dont get some unfortunate tenants. A tenant took my friend to court on top of his own property and the case dragged for 2 years without the tenant paying shishi.
n.a. to remove the roof be that

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lizzypro: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
Is this what the i invest app looks like sir
kryptem:
So much deviation from TB so far. Well, back to the intent of the thread.

Have you guys used i-invest app to execute your TB mission?
Their rate seems great only for the obvious that they don't pay upfront but until maturity of the fund subscribed for. Much like a mutual fund in operation but better rates.

Who has been using the i-invest app to invest in TB and how has the experience been?

Candid view please!

1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
n.a. to remove the roof be that

Do that, and you'll be surprised to find yourself paying damages to the tenant on top of the existent issues.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jobac:

Quote of the day grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
HeliosHay:

Can you imagine!

Three(3) months rent arrears = fainting slap.

Quit Notice = ?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
NL1960:

Three(3) months rent arrears = fainting slap.

Quit Notice = ?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I know that, by law, a one-year (or above) tenancy will require at least a notice of 6 months, so I'll serve the 6 months eviction notice immediately. I can't work with an abusive tenant. That thin line has been crossed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
Just took a leap of faith on the I-invest app with seven figures. Hopefully it goes well and I can ramp things up, though I suspect I would feel much more secure dealing directly with a bank.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by S4SOLOMON4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
lizzypro:
Is this what the i invest app looks like sir
Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lizzypro: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ok thanks
S4SOLOMON4:

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerbizz5(f): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
The court case is very tiring and decision making takes time plus expenses.

I have been constantly told by relatives to come and build a hostel in a remote area where a self contain goes for N60k/year. Building a 30 units self con will cost 40 million minimum.

Then it will take 22 years to recover the 40 million expenses and from the 23rd year i should be expecting profit. I haven't factor the cost of repairs and any reconstruction which could push my profit year to start from the 25th year.

I told them my analysis and they were all shocked and said "Chai" �

I haven't factor in the exposure that comes with building, people start to know your worth when you start a housing project, they will bring all their problems to you.

30 units self con, 40m?

Won't be upto that sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerbizz5(f): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Part of not not paying shishi is not true.

In law,when a notice to quit is served validly, tenancy terminates upon the notice's expiration. However, the tenant still pays but what he pays is no longer called rent but MESNE PROFITS. Even if the matter stays in court for 20 years.

I guess what happened in the case you cited could be that your friend just ignored it or the lawyer goofed.

If you don't pay while matter is in court then everybody will be suing landlords naa to avoid rent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bamz:
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ngpo855q9oziu0/Tbills%20Template%20GTB.docx?dl=0]TBills Instruction Template[/url]

Cc: Tickles001, kryptem, yungestmoney

Thanks baba....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
If u dey place like Lagos.....buy apartment for festac na.....8m ,rent am for 450k then sell am in 5 years time 12m or enter game village by apartment 9m upgrade for 1m tell rent for 700k sell am after 5 years for 15m
...if u get money buy old house for surulere for like 20m redesign am with 10 then put for sale like 45m ..... (one London base guy go just come pay )

Sir pls can u email me on nneomacic@yahoo.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zellfoxx: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
koonbey:
Just took a leap of faith on the I-invest app with seven figures. Hopefully it goes well and I can ramp things up, though I suspect I would feel much more secure dealing directly with a bank.

Tried funding my account with a debit card and internet banking. No luck after multiple attempts. How did you fund yours?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
zellfoxx:

Tried funding my account with a debit card and internet banking. No luck after multiple attempts. How did you fund yours?

Paid to their account using the "direct deposit" method. Make sure to put your customer ID in the reference space (this means you'll have to use your bank app, not shortcode) .

Got the funds credit notification in about 5 to 10 minutes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (2251) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.