Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,665 members, 7,918,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4587286 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (2258) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lizzypro: 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
About the withdrawals is it to only the bank uour bvn is related to. Like can you withdraw to another account not related to that bvn
Ibrahim505:

I've being using them since October 2018. And I always acknowledges their services.
They are in partnership with sterling bank for now but I believed they will soon be too big to be hiding under the bank thanks to their credibility and the way they simplify money market investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:23am On Jul 10, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:53am On Jul 10, 2019
Jobac:

I will face front, but go and finish your degree before you take on anyone here. Do you know that this useless old man is still struggling with his law degree and he doesn't know what to do with his life? A final year law student that does not know his area of specialization. Don't make me useless you here.

TissuePaper:
don't mind me bro..lol....just sey the internet don give all this small boys mouth to dey talk nansense...400 million kill the two of them there

If you check well now the papa networth no even reach better 10million sef undecided..smh

For you to mention 10 million like that, it means you see that amount as huge. For you to see that amount as huge, you must be wallowing in absolute misery. No wonder at your old age you are still trying to figure out what to do with your life. I bet the poverty cycle in your family won't stop with you; you will pass it on to your children and your children will pass it on to theirs.

You TissuePaper are a poor man. We are not, and NEVER will be on the same level. Go and make money! 10 million is change but I bet you will never understand that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 2:59am On Jul 10, 2019
Nnamz:

For you to mention 10 million like that, it means you see that amount as huge. For you to see that amount as huge, you must be wallowing in absolute misery. No wonder at your old age you are still trying to figure out what to do with your life. I bet the poverty cycle in your family won't stop with you; you will pass it on to your children and your children will pass it on to theirs.

You TissuePaper are a poor man. We are not, and NEVER will be on the same level. Go and make money! 10 million is change but I bet you will never understand.
smh...it took this baboon 5days to reply me on a matter that i have forgotten about, shows how pained you are,lol

I am not stopping you from bragging about your father and his imaginary millions, we all know your father is the owner of kainji dam wink

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:03am On Jul 10, 2019
TissuePaper:
smh...it took this baboon 5days to reply me on a matter that i have forgotten about, shows how pained you are,lol

I am not stopping you from bragging about your father and his imaginary millions, we all know your father is the owner of kainji dam wink

Unlike you who lives on Nairaland cause what else will a jobless man who is still trying to figure out his area of specilazation in school be doing, I work and make money and only come here like once a week to catch up. Go and make money like your mates are doing.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 3:06am On Jul 10, 2019
Nnamz:

Unlike you who live on Nairaland cause what else will a jobless man be doing, I work and make money and only come here like once a week to catch up. Go and make money like your mates are doing.
oga if you are so keen on knowing if i actually make money then pm me let me show you my account balance.

Its obvious you are still a small boy, you can go back to bragging about your father's millions that are only real in the dreamworld smiley

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 10, 2019
All of you know that what you are doing is wrong, consider other members of the thread. This discuss is not beneficial in anyway so always think of others. Am not comfortable with I-invest and I said so and we tried ironing it out here but it snowball and I announced my 3 months band from TBills, recently, the I_invest fever has emerged but I date not argue, not because am comfortable but because I don't want to waste space. This back and forth attacks is childish as it remains virtual. Your father had billions, his father don't have millions, you are all right, we agree. Can we move on.

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2019
Can nairaland create a fighting section so that people that want to fight virtual cos humans must fight

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olusogo1(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2019
I enjoy this thread minus the virtual fight, I have learnt a lot from here and thanks to God I can feel the growth already. Thanks for keeping us informed. Diversification is the key to financial freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2019
I think I just lost 2 points off my IQ from this unbelievably childish exchange of words.

Wetin de pain me na say the yab sef no make sense at all. The last time I heard this was in primary school,I kid you not. Mtchew

#i am very angry at all this.

Abeg wey all the great minds here? Let's discuss business and leave these children alone.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2019
missjekyll:
I think I just lost 2 points off my IQ from this unbelievably childish exchange of words.

Wetin de pain me na say the yab sef no make sense at all. The last time I heard this was in primary school,I kid you not. Mtchew

#i am very angry at all this.

Abeg wey all the great minds here? Let's discuss business and leave these children alone.

Whenever i see all these, i dey run go hide o as e be say my late Papa na palmwine tapper. Where palmwine tapper wan see thousands not to talk of millions and then billions. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2019
Please what is the current TB rates? It is been long I did it when rates were 13-15%

Please help a potential investor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 11:38am On Jul 10, 2019
Bamz:

GT's bid was successful at 11.5% for 182. grin Not bad.

The rates have really gone down. Can I get a rate of say 13-14% for 90 to 180 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

The rates have really gone down. Can I get a rate of say 13-14% for 90 to 180 days?
I don't understand you, you just confirm say the rate don go down. And you are asking for 13 - 14% for 90 - 180 days grin where you wan see am?

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 11:55am On Jul 10, 2019
Amebo123:

I don't understand you, you just confirm say the rate don go down. And you are asking for 13 - 14% for 90 - 180 days grin where you wan see am?
Lol. It is been long I did TB. What's the prevailing market rates now?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2019
I need to make an investment decision promptly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Depends on the market, your bank and whether you want interest upfront. Last primary market auction rates ranged from 10.5% for 91 days to 11.91% for 364 days: https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/GovtSecurities.asp .

In the secondary market you can get from 8.5 - 11.85% if you want upfront interest, but up to 12.55% if you can tolerate the awful, heart wrenching spectacle of getting interest at maturity using the I-Invest app smiley : http://comparedbest.com/ng/best-nigerian-treasury-bill-rates.html

That last part was sarcastic...We have worked out that 12.55% at maturity equates to about 11.15-11.16% interest upfront.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
CompareDBest:
Depends on the market, your bank and whether you want interest upfront. Last primary market auction rates ranged from 10.5% for 91 days to 11.91% for 364 days: https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/GovtSecurities.asp .

In the secondary market you can get from 8.5 - 11.85% if you want upfront interest, but up to 12.55% if you can tolerate the awful, heart wrenching spectacle of getting interest at maturity using the I-Invest app smiley : http://comparedbest.com/ng/best-nigerian-treasury-bill-rates.html

That last part was sarcasm...

I-invest had 13.3% for a 70-something days tenor up to 3 days ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
CompareDBest:

That last part was sarcasm...
Lol.. I got ur sarcasm. Please can u explain how the I-invest app works. Where would the principal go, and where is the interest coming from.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tonygate: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
[quote author=TotoNaRubber post=80055797]The court case is very tiring and decision making takes time plus expenses.

I have been constantly told by relatives to come and build a hostel in a remote area where a self contain goes for N60k/year. Building a 30 units self con will cost 40 million minimum.

Then it will take 22 years to recover the 40 million expenses and from the 23rd year i should be expecting profit. I haven't factor the cost of repairs and any reconstruction which could push my profit year to start from the 25th year.

I told them my analysis and they were all shocked and said "Chai" �

I haven't factor in the exposure that comes with building, people start to know your worth when you start a housing project, they will bring all their problems to you.

(you are right
]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
koonbey:

I-invest had 13.3% for a 70-something days tenor up to 3 days ago.
Wow.. what are the risks attached to it. I know the risks of TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Um with mutual funds I think it's a possibility.

CompareDBest already treated this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Lol.. I got ur sarcasm. Please can u explain how the I-invest app works. Where would the principal go, and where is the interest coming from.
Likely reinvested into treasury bills and they are taking a margin off your investment by giving you the returns at maturity, not upfront. For example, we worked out that the 12.55% interest they offer at maturity works out as 11.15-11.16% upfront.

Please see their own words in the FAQ section at the bottom of this page: https://i-investng.com/

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
CompareDBest:
Likely reinvested into treasury bills and they are taking a margin off your investment by giving you the returns at maturity, not upfront. For example, we worked out that the 12.55% interest they offer at maturity works out as 11.15-11.16% upfront.

Please see their own words on the FAQ section at the bottom of this page: https://i-investng.com/
From the response you gave, I have been able to deduce that I-invest interest will be gotten at the maturity date.
I would prefer an upfront interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
Bamz:

Um with mutual funds I think it's a possibility.

CompareDBest already treated this.
Yes he treated it but I am yet to know the risks invovled with I-invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Yes he treated it but I am yet to know the risks invovled with I-invest

It has been discussed extensively on this thread.

Use the search bar at the top of this page. Search "I-invest", "iinvest" and other variations you can think of.

You'll be able to see all the posts that have been made about it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Lol. It is been long I did TB. What's the prevailing market rates now?

grin 10 - 11%
Hopefully the rate go increase soon
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Amebo123:

grin 10 - 11%
Hopefully the rate go increase soon
What are the trends that can make it to increase.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Magnifico2000: 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
koonbey:

It has been discussed extensively on this thread.

Use the search bar at the top of this page. Search "I-invest", "iinvest" and other variations you can think of.

You'll be able to see all the posts that have been made about it.
I have searched thoroughly but still can't see it. Please kindly mention me on the risks attached to it. Or refer me to the link
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

What are the trends that can make it to increase.
Liquidity.
Too much cash chasing Tbills, always over subscriped. if CBN succeed to mop up cash in circulation then rates might increase - demand and supply.
Also if Oil price falls meaning less money for FG, they will need more money from the public thru Tbills to cover the short falls

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I have searched thoroughly but still can't see it. Please kindly mention me on the risks attached to it. Or refer me to the link
See Barrytone's negative experience: https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/732#76905799 . This is the only negative one we remember, and there have been a number of positive experience. However, it highlights one risk as you have requested.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (2258) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ahiboilandgas and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.