Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (875) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4520151 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

20 different tbills u mean! That's a wow! It's even burdensome for me to manage 5 different tbills and am thinking already that I have to bundle them altogether by December. Although am also thinking of moving some to bond.
[b]But talking of bond, is it advisable to split them or have just one?[/b]Thanks
Split it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

I never asked for reinvestment, first time I complained and was told it will not happen again. Second time I complained and was ask to put it in writing, that I did about 3 months ago and now it repeats itself and am not in town.
OWO MMI, since I started TB with FB , I have never experienced that. my Cash drop always drop after maturity
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

It's worrisome when you have about 20 different transactions to follow up forgetting some maturity dates only to be reminded when capital is paid or interest is paid. Lumping them together mop up and creat space for newer investment. Limit fees you pay to the bank although negligible but every kobo counts.
chai.... Itia owoden !!!
more money to ur akant
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
Waiting for October to come so as to mob up my first two tbills. The journey has began

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
this was my singular reason for leaving first bank ....they sell from their reserve and can sell anytime with or without auction....but it has it advantage...u don't miss out ...waiting for next bid

Pls Is it only first bank that reinvest primary auction TB automatically?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
oluayebenz:

Pls Is it only first bank that reinvest primary auction TB automatically?
don't know I used them for 5 years they debit the entire sum then credit ....instead of debiting discounted sum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
don't know I used them for 5 years they debit the entire sum then credit ....instead of debiting discounted sum

Alright thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mfunkynation:

OWO MMI, since I started TB with FB , I have never experienced that. my Cash drop always drop after maturity

If my capital is not affected then I will terminate by next month when I get back
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mfunkynation:

chai.... Itia owoden !!!
more money to ur akant

The 20 might be100k each poo meanwhile men dey here with 100m for one transaction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chucklive: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
Pls who knows about Dollar and Euro bonds?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4667123/eurobond
Chucklive:
Pls who knows about Dollar and Euro bonds?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2019
Barrytone:

It's worrisome when you have about 20 different transactions
to follow up forgetting some maturity dates only to be reminded when capital is paid or interest is paid. Lumping them together mop up and creat space for newer investment. Limit fees you pay to the bank although negligible but every kobo counts.

I actually prefer having many than lumping them together. That way I use the proceeds to settle my bills and then reinvest the principal. My aim is to have at least one TB maturing each month.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2019
igbizen:
Waiting for October to come so as to mob up my first two tbills. The journey has began

That's good.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2019
Problem though is that this TB thingy is making me way too stingy and Omalicha is beginning to complain seriously cry

Virtually for every single kobo I'm thinking of how to invest. . . .hope this is healthy oo. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2019
alezzy13:
Problem though is that this TB thingy is making me way too stingy and Omalicha is beginning to complain seriously cry

Virtually for every single kobo I'm thinking of how to invest. . . .hope this is healthy oo. embarassed
it not ,it additive reserve a portion for your self and family...it affect relationship my ex was in a hurry she left after I kept postponing thing wanting to meet my targets unfutunatly some else is now chilling in her place ...she didn't know I was an above average investor in tb ....she miss the gold at the last minute hp she meet a daimond .....nb even as that period I expend 100k monthly as a single guy...i had a weekend chef ,I fly discount ticket and eat in fancy restaurant,I also buy average cloth from 2 k shirt to 10 k ,all basic thing must be done ooh ...

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2019
alezzy13:

I actually prefer having many than lumping them together. That way I use the proceeds to settle my bills and then reinvest the principal. My aim is to have at least one TB maturing each month.

My year ends by September /october, I lump at end of year because I will start up another round. If I don't then I will end up in future having over 100 investment running, if you consider the bank charges then you will be running at a loss. Major problem is that you tend to forget some and will only be reminded by maturity Alert, this way you are not planning for the money before its arrival and anything can happen. I don't trust myself with my money, I spend a lot so I prefer not having cash at my disposal. On settling bills, always set maturity when it will be needed. I have maturities beginning of school terms and session and also festive period. That way my life runs on TBills proceed. Last year I didn't fix my car for months because I didnt have maturities for that purpose. Rather I opted for new car when my April maturity came up as that was the original plan. Mind you next car is 2022 when I plan to hit my second target.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2019
alezzy13:

You are not stingy but prudent. Humans are insatiable, appetite must be termed but don't deprive yourself or family their basic needs. Extravargancy should be eliminated, eschewed and immobilized, billionaires live average life while poor people eat up their capital. Educate madam to see the future with you or she becomes incompatible. Last last, choices must be made between your libido and wealth. For me and my family, we stick to the billion naira plan, no devil via any human being can stop it's fruition.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chucklive: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
Well, attended a meeting on a property development in banana Island . Discovered a plot of land cost over 350million naira, and the developer purchased 4 plots..

That was some rude awakening and motivation to me at the same time..This men calling billions with such recklesS manner..Was highly motivated though..Ya'll keep up the good work..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2019

You can imagine if the plots are selling for N350 million in 2019, by 2050 there will be no more plots to see and when you see buying it will not be the question but renting it.

Nigerian is doomed, everything is out of reach from medical treatment, decent housing, electricity, good schools, decent jobs, faithful girlfriend grin

zohan101:
Well, attended a meeting on a property development in banana Island . Discovered a plot of land cost over 350million naira, and the developer purchased 4 plots..

That was some rude awakening and motivation to me at the same time..This men calling billions with such recklesS manner..Was highly motivated though..Ya'll keep up the good work..

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
alezzy13:

U have to because,that happens when u are success conscious.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

You can imagine if the plots are selling for N350 million in 2019, by 2050 there will be no more plots to see and when you see buying it will not be the question but renting it.

Nigerian is doomed, everything is out of reach from medical treatment, decent housing, electricity, good schools, decent jobs, faithful girlfriend grin

a new area will be developed,properties are over price in Nigeria and exploitative in poor infastructure...i rather buy a million dollars house in Vienna than 350m in banana island

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
a new area will be developed,properties are over price in Nigeria and exploitative in poor infastructure...i rather buy a million dollars house in Vienna than 350m in banana island
I have stopped looking at over priced commodities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
wink
Chucklive:
Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

There will always be land to buy. A time will come the price of banana island will reach it peak and will remain stagnant. new places will always emerge, it might even be someone's farm land right now as we speak.
Those day when our old man bought their lands, it was the banana island of their time, while this banana island was a farm land.

Jeje na turn by turn. With time person wey dey stammer go mention him papa name, so no fear

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thisnut:
There will always be land to buy. A time will come the price of banana island will reach it peak and will remain stagnant. new places will always emerge, it might even be someone's farm land right now as we speak.
Those day when our old man bought their lands, it was the banana island of their time, while this banana island was a farm land.

Jeje na turn by turn. With time person wey dey stammer go mention him papa name, so no fear

Thank you for this. That's one crazy thing about holding your money fixed assets such as land. It can go crazy for a period of time only for it to stop and never move again.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
I think its gradually getting to that stage..There appear to be so many un-occupied hous3 in Banana Island.I want to believe people arent renting them cos of the high cost..For such owners thats already a liability, because they spend money on maintainance despite not making money on these properties.

Thisnut:

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
zohan101:
I think its gradually getting to that stage..There appear to be so many un-occupied hous3 in Banana Island.I want to believe people arent renting them cos of the high cost..For such owners thats already a liability, because they spend money on maintainance despite not making money on these properties.

Better to hold your value in land than houses. Read on this forum where someone mentioned that a house is a liability and I strongly agree cause you steadily maintain it but you don't maintain a land

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
lancee:
https://punchng.com/open-letter-to-buhari-over-planned-naira-devaluation/
I am not sure Buhari will succumb to the devaluation of Naira. His body language has not suggested anything close that. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Saltwater: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hi guys,
Abeg, I opened a stanbic ibtc savings account yesterday for tbills, Made some deposit and transfer back and forth today just to ascertain that account has no limitations. But in all these, stanbic didn't sent any alert. Is that how they use to do?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
IamR:

I am not sure Buhari will succumb to the devaluation of Naira. His body language has not suggested anything close that. I stand to be corrected.

Rumours on devaluation by Ist quarter 2020 going around ..also World bank/ IMF suggested naira be unified for FPI's AND FDI's to come in with $$

Is it possible for the New economic team to change buharis mind ..well we go see as time goes on

Soludo , Bismark i kmow been against Naira multiple exchange rate ..we keep watching

I thnk there may be ..but may not be up to 500 naira ..when ?? I don't know

(1) (2) (3) ... (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.