Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,464 members, 7,897,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk (11393 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
Morayo747:

Ok then tell me just 1 example that you know of that got married and wasn't given a stay unless it was proved that it was a fraud? Its right to family life so once you're married that's it.

If Justwise gave you the one example you've requested, could you verify it? Or would you ask for the person's phone number and address?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2012
tunnytox:

If you're married to a British citizen and you're illegal or on visitors visa you cannot change your status without first returning to Nigeria. In fact the new rule for spouse of British citizens and settled migrants stipulates that either of you or both must be earning above £18000 (or thereabouts). However, if you are married to a EU citizen you do not have to meet this earning criteria. Your argument about paternity right to family life is right but other stuffs you posted above is nothing but fantasy. Some people are given discretionary leave to remain not because they meet the criteria but out of sympathy and that may not set a precedence for any similar case.

Modified!

Ok I give up on this matter. Anyone that's in this situation PM me. I have no interest whatsoever ever in arguing with people who have no idea what they are talking about.%100 you cannot be deported if you have a British wife that's standing by you except for a SERIOUS criminal offence. How are is this to understand??
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
Siena:

If Justwise gave you the one example you've requested, could you verify it? Or would you ask for the person's phone number and address?

No I'm just trying to prick his conscience here to actually reflect and see if he's ever seen anyone married to a British citizen legitimately that didn't get their stay because they were illegal immigrants initially (post may May 2011). I know I don't know any on the contrary I know several people that exploited this new laws. . I'm in no way telling anyone to do anything I'm just saying this is a genuine legal loophole and everyone has a right to get married and live with their partners
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Morayo747:

Ok I give up on this matter. Anyone that's in this situation PM me. I have no interest whatsoever ever in arguing with people who have no idea what they are talking about.%100 you cannot be deported if you have a British wife that's standing by you except for a SERIOUS criminal offence. How are is this to understand??

I think you are referring to yourself there, marrying to a British citizen with visiting visa will hardly hardly get you a stay, you will always be advised to return to your home country to get married to that person then re-enter with spouse visa, this is no secret, its a known fact.

Marriage certificate alone does not get you a stay, when you apply for a stay with that marriage certificate your status before you got married will come into the picture.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2012
Morayo747:

No I'm just trying to prick his conscience here to actually reflect and see if he's ever seen anyone married to a British citizen legitimately that didn't get their stay because they were illegal immigrants initially (post may May 2011). I know I don't know any on the contrary I know several people that exploited this new laws. . I'm in no way telling anyone to do anything I'm just saying this is a genuine legal loophole and everyone has a right to get married and live with their partners

Like Siena pointed out, if i mentioned any will you believe me? Its easy to say you know somebody who got a stay as an illegal immigrant and all that but who do we ask or how do we verify that?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2012
justwise:

I think you are referring to yourself there, marrying to a British citizen with visiting visa will hardly hardly get you a stay, you will always be advised to return to your home country to get married to that person then re-enter with spouse visa, this is no secret, its a known fact.

Marriage certificate alone does not get you a stay, when you apply for a stay with that marriage certificate your status before you got married will come into the picture.
Ok.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by divinegirl8850: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hello everyone,maybe is not the right place to ask ,but hope someone can help with advice.
I'm EU citizen settled in UK and want to get married to my Nigerian fiance ,who is illegal here in UK.We are together almost 3 years now and want to marry and settled his stay as well ,but look is not going to be that easy with all this emigration laws.
We have made application to UKBA for partnership and allowing him to marry and stay as my partner ,but our solicitor advised us if we can get marry will be perfect and will solve this out for us.(8 months now and still no reply )
We already get refusal from my embassy in UK to marry us if he can't present a valid visa.The next options we thinking about is church or Registry Office (for the second one I'm worry what docs they required and if they don't come to look after him withing this 15 days we have to wait ).
Please ,if someone knows a way how we can get married to write me.
Thanks you.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
divine_girl8850: Hello everyone,maybe is not the right place to ask ,but hope someone can help with advice.
I'm EU citizen settled in UK and want to get married to my Nigerian fiance ,who is illegal here in UK.We are together almost 3 years now and want to marry and settled his stay as well ,but look is not going to be that easy with all this emigration laws.
We have made application to UKBA for partnership and allowing him to marry and stay as my partner ,but our solicitor advised us if we can get marry will be perfect and will solve this out for us.(8 months now and still no reply )
We already get refusal from my embassy in UK to marry us if he can't present a valid visa.The next options we thinking about is church or Registry Office (for the second one I'm worry what docs they required and if they don't come to look after him withing this 15 days we have to wait ).
Thanks you.

Why not go to Nigeria and get married then apply for spouse visa from there?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by divinegirl8850: 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
justwise:

Why not go to Nigeria and get married then apply for spouse visa from there?

Because is going to be a long process and you never know if the spouse visa is going to be granted and when.We don't want to live away from each other.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
divine_girl8850:

Because is going to be a long process and you never know if the spouse visa is going to be granted and when.We don't want to live away from each other.

And you think doing it in the UK will not take time? The only person who will benefit from this now is your immigration lawyer because you have battle in your hands.

Doing it in Nigeria will probably take less time.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by OmoAlata(f): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2012
Morayo747:

%100 you cannot be deported if you have a British wife that's standing by you

100% wrong wink
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by paris10: 11:04am On Dec 07, 2012
I am here now! Start calling me names.. you know yourself. I am here to shed light and give candid advise on the way forward to becoming legal in the UK.

BTW@poster, stop sounding like a saint, you know you hate the gut of your sister and her husband! If not, you wouldn't be here exposing them. You're not innocent..stop sounding like one. Nigerian women in the UK would rather see you come visit them from time to time than you trying to stay there with them permanently.

Thousands of Nigerians are illegal in the UK and would rather be so than going back to Nigeria without anything. Almost 90% of caught/deported illegal immigrants were betrayed by those very close to them. UK Border Agency only carry out arrest based on information received from family members, friends or neighbors.

Now, if anyone wanna remain illegal and can face the harsh reality of being one, let them go ahead. In as much as they know what they're doing and can work towards achieving their aim without being pointed out, then I welcome them to the UK. Regardless of the new tight immigration laws, people are still receiving papers from the Home Office.

Only the wise survive.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by paris10: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2012
divine_girl8850: Hello everyone,maybe is not the right place to ask ,but hope someone can help with advice.
Thanks you.

You don't just make applications without knowing the law. You cannot apply for a partner/spouse visa since your husband is an an over-stayer. But you can make an Indefinite Leave To Remain application for your husband. You do not have to get married in the UK again as long as you can prove that you both are married in Nigeria.

However, your ILR application must be accompanied by an Article 8 (Human Rights) reference. Study Article 8 carefully. You must state why your husband wouldn't want to live in Nigeria anymore, and why he over-stayed. Your hubby must not have any criminal conviction.

Enough said. If you're still not clear, let me know. This is not an illegal means of becoming legal. It is legal.

BTW.. Wait for your Partnership result before applying for anything again.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 11:36am On Dec 07, 2012
paris10:

You don't just make applications without knowing the law. You cannot apply for a partner/spouse visa since your husband is an an over-stayer. But you can make an Indefinite Leave To Remain application for your husband. You do not have to get married in the UK again as long as you can prove that you both are married in Nigeria.

However, your ILR application must be accompanied by an Article 8 (Human Rights) reference. Study Article 8 carefully. You must state why your husband wouldn't want to live in Nigeria anymore, and why he over-stayed. Your hubby must not have any criminal conviction.

Enough said. If you're still not clear, let me know. This is not an illegal means of becoming legal. It is legal.

How will both of them prove that they are married in Nigeria while they are not?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by paris10: 11:38am On Dec 07, 2012
justwise:

How will both of them prove that they are married in Nigeria while they are not?

Uhh, just read the post again. Thought they're married..my bad. I kept calling him her husband cheesy
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2012
paris10: I am here now! Start calling me names.. you know yourself. I am here to shed light and give candid advise on the way forward to becoming legal in the UK.

BTW@poster, stop sounding like a saint, you know you hate the gut of your sister and her husband! If not, you wouldn't be here exposing them. You're not innocent..stop sounding like one. Nigerian women in the UK would rather see you come visit them from time to time than you trying to stay there with them permanently.

Thousands of Nigerians are illegal in the UK and would rather be so than going back to Nigeria without anything. Almost 90% of caught/deported illegal immigrants were betrayed by those very close to them. UK Border Agency only carry out arrest based on information received from family members, friends or neighbors.

Now, if anyone wanna remain illegal and can face the harsh reality of being one, let them go ahead. In as much as they know what they're doing and can work towards achieving their aim without being pointed out, then I welcome them to the UK. Regardless of the new tight immigration laws, people are still receiving papers from the Home Office.

Only the wise survive.

I'm not going to tolerate any distraction from you, if you got any point to make in relation to the topic go ahead, anything other than that your post will be gone.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
But justwise why do you tend to sound like a bully sometimes?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by omega25red(m): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
akin707: But justwise why do you tend to sound like a bully sometimes?
There has been gentle appraoch to those who are advertising their scams on this site and to those who fall for them. All those gentle approaches didn't work because there was a time where every other day it was post after post about easy visa, live and study in ukraine, study and work in Malayaisia etc

In the same breath, many people keep coming back complaining about the bad conditions they found themselves in after being promised heaven. So Justwise decided to take up the cause of chasing away the scammers and the ignorant people who buy into the scams. Like i said a gentle approach has been tried but people only understand being hit on the head sometimes. grin
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
akin707: But justwise why do you tend to sound like a bully sometimes?

In what sense exactly?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
omega25red: There has been gentle appraoch to those who are advertising their scams on this site and to those who fall for them. All those gentle approaches didn't work because there was a time where every other day it was post after post about easy visa, live and study in ukraine, study and work in Malayaisia etc

In the same breath, many people keep coming back complaining about the bad conditions they found themselves in after being promised heaven. So Justwise decided to take up the cause of chasing away the scammers and the ignorant people who buy into the scams. Like i said a gentle approach has been tried but people only understand being hit on the head sometimes. grin

Thanks for clearing that up.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
l get the drift now
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by divinegirl8850: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2012
Thanks to everyone trying to help us out.Actually I'm not very sure what is our application (the solicitor deals with it ) but for sure is not a spouse visa.We are both in UK,met each other here and we are not married.As long as I remember we applying under European laws and applications for European cases ,cose I'm EU citizen and as long as I have the right to be here so my partner as well ( the matter is that the proving of our relationship and case is going to be much easier if we manage to get marry ). That we trying to do now is to get married and if we can't make a progress without living the country then will be the final option to go to Nigeria ,marry there and apply for visa .
paris10:

Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by kpolli(m): 1:34am On Dec 08, 2012
But how did your sister marry such a poverty minded person? Well as justwise said, stop advising them. . . Let them learn from experience
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by ayemko: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2013
To add to what morayo747 said, it is easy to get married here now, irrespective of your status, l just did mine last week.
how did you manage
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
ayemko: To add to what morayo747 said, it is easy to get married here now, irrespective of your status, l just did mine last week.
how did you manage
Thank you o my brother. This is what I've been saying since o. EU has mandated that anyone can get married irrespective of their immigration status due to human rights laws. I just hate it when people make uninformed arguments. Ordinary say you get pikin wey you get regular contact with sef you can't get deported anymore regardless of whether you are with the mother or not!!
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
Morayo747: Thank you o my brother. This is what I've been saying since o. EU has mandated that anyone can get married irrespective of their immigration status due to human rights laws. I just hate it when people make uninformed arguments. Ordinary say you get pikin wey you get regular contact with sef you can't get deported anymore regardless of whether you are with the mother or not!!

Is either you have problem reading or you deliberately refused to understand it.

Yes anybody can get married to British or EU citizen because the EU law but marriage certificate will not get you a stay if you are living illegally before getting married. Your status before you get married will be called-out when you apply for spouse visa from the UK.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
justwise:

Is either you have problem reading or you deliberately refused to understand it.

Yes anybody can get married to British or EU citizen because the EU law but marriage certificate will not get you a stay if you are living illegally before getting married. Your status before you get married will be called-out when you apply for spouse visa from the UK.
Wrong!! Why do you think all overstayers initially only used to marry EU citzens before the law was changed then? I'm guessing you live in the UK right? The stumbling block before has been removed!!
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Morayo747: Wrong!! Why do you think all overstayers initially only used to marry EU citzens before the law was changed then? I'm guessing you live in the UK right? The stumbling block before has been removed!!

You are misleading people but you can go ahead to believe those lies. You don't get jack with marriage certificate when you are illegal in the UK or holding visiting visa. Your chances are brighter if you get married to that person in your home country and not in the UK.
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
justwise:

You are misleading people but you can go ahead to believe those lies. You don't get jack with marriage certificate when you are illegal in the UK or holding visiting visa. Your chances are brighter if you get married to that person in your home country and not in the UK.
I'm not misleading anyone. This is a fact. Ok let me ask you so what's the implication of the rule change? Someone just came on here and said he's just done this so what are you on about? Why do you think you know EVERYTHING?
Re: Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk by ayemko: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
akin707: To add to what morayo747 said, it is easy to get married here now, irrespective of your status, l just did mine last week.

please let me know how you managed to do that
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Osogbo, Osun State / Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement / My South Africa Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.