Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,472 members, 7,968,314 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (13899 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2008
I am a bit undecided about the West.

So many teams i like for different reasons.

I just hope no one gets disgraced to be honest. every series going to game 7 would be
a real treat.

It would put the NBA back on the map again after so many years in the doldrums. . .This is America's only invented sport after all.

Anyways. . . .

Upsets in this years playoffs

the most obvious is Dallas and New Orleans. Dallas will beat the Hornets

Wizards will beat the Cavs
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ Lasie - I totally understand where you're coming from so i know what you're saying. I'm just hoping

@ Doyin - i have the answer to your west questions. I'm so happy that the west is proving their worth. We might have lost in the All-star jam but we are clearly more competitive and better. grin grin grin
I saw this today -

April 16 - Here are the playoff scenarios for the Western Conference entering the final night of the regular season.

A. HOUSTON-PHOENIX-UTAH-SAN ANTONIO (Seeds 3 to 6)

(Higher Seeded team has homecourt in first round unless otherwise indicated)
1. If Houston and San Antonio win:
3-San Antonio
4-Utah
5-Houston (homecourt)
6-Phoenix

2. If Houston, Utah and Phoenix win:
3-Utah
4-Phoenix
5-Houston (homecourt)
6-San Antonio

3. If Utah wins and Phoenix loses:
3-Utah
4-San Antonio
5-Houston
6-Phoenix

4. If San Antonio and Phoenix wins and Houston loses:
3-San Antonio
4-Utah
5-Phoenix (homecourt)
6-Houston

5. If San Antonio wins and Houston and Phoenix lose:
3-San Antonio
4-Utah
5-Houston
6-Phoenix

6. If Utah and Phoenix wins and Houston loses:
3-Utah
4-Phoenix
5-San Antonio
6-Houston

B. DALLAS-DENVER (Seeds 7 to cool

1. If Dallas wins or Denver loses:
7-Dallas
8-Denver

2. If Denver wins AND Dallas loses:
7-Denver
8-Dallas

Source: http://www.nba.com/news/playoff_scenarios_080416.html

It's so undecided. Every position but the first and second is in jeopardy. I'm still proud of them though.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2008
Draat!!! they have moved the game to FSN ohh well UTAH-SAS would be fine anyway
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2008
Well it's over now.
Congratulations to your team, A-40.

Matchups:
Eastern Conference:
Boston vs. ATL (We all know this is a lost Cause. Boston is on fire!)
Detroit vs. Philly (Detroit Pistons destroyed Cavs today, they might just do the same to Philly)
Orlando vs. Toronto (Howard vs. Bosh - hmmmmmmm)
Cavs vs. Wizards ( I just know the Cavs are going to win this one. They are good in playoffs)

Western Conference:
LA Lakers vs. Denver (Thank God New Orleans is not facing Denver)
New Orleans Hornets vs. Dallas Mavericks (A-40, you must have prayed one special prayer last night besides we'll rather face the mavs than face Denver Nuggets).
Spurs vs. Suns (This should be interesting)
Utah vs. Houston Rockets (No comment, we all know who's winning).

If we play this out well, three of the four teams in the western conference semifinals will come from the Southwest division.

Anyway, to all of you - what are your predictions over who's going to preside over who in each match up?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2008
Well Dallas whooped the Hornets and worryingly for New Orleans, Kidd and Jason Terry outplayed Chris Paul.

Might be an aberration though. Jason kIdd scoring 27 points that is.

It will be a pretty tight series. I hope the Hornets make it through sha.

Utah and the Rockets- - - - - - - - -I hope McGrady finally goes past the first round
but i get the feeling Utah's home advantage will tell at the end.

Lakers and Denver- - - - - - - Unless the Nuggets miraculously develop some defensive zeal. . . . . .No way Jose

Spurs and Suns- - - - - - - - - - Suns all the way. And has anyone witnessed how Stoudemire has become a monster
since Shaq's arrival. Anyway, this series is all about the Diesel. Pound it to him inside, and if they double team, give
it to the numerous shooters on the Suns Roster.

The East- - - - - - - - - - PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2008
I have been MIA lol
@jgirl
I am glad we gave you guys a thorough whooping hopefully we can continue from where we stopped today

My Predictions starting with the East

BOS-ATL Thats surely gonna be oneway traffic i wont be suprised if there was a sweep of the Hawks the East is so predictable tongue

DET-PHILLY Not expecting too many suprises from this one either 4-1 is the likely result

ORL-TOR This will be a lot tougher but if Rashad Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu shoot like we know they can then this would probably be a cakewalk too

CAVS-WSH Now this is the match-up the Wizards definitely have to get their pound of flesh and with players like Caron Butler,Antawn Jamison and Agent Zero back in action i dont see why they cant

Now to the WEST grin
LAL-DEN This would be offensive basketball at its best i have a funny feeling this would go down the wire.Melo,A.I and Kobe and Gasol not forgetting Odom its definitely gonna be a hum-dinger

NOH-DAL grin.My boys get down to business against the suprise team of the West even though i always knew they had a good team.Peja,West and Chandler would definitely cause us troubles not to talk of my man CP3 but i am counting on the experience of the Mavs to nick this one.Dirk,Josh,Jason and JT its playoff time lets show them Mavericks [/b]basketball

[b]SAS-PHX
With so many interesting matchups this is surely the pick of the bunch and this means one title contender would be out which is good news grin.I hate the Spurs with every bone of in body but their mental strength come playoff time can be too much for the Suns to match but i am hoping Phoenix might pull a suprise

UTAH-HOU Theres never a dull moment in the West and i see this game going all the way to Game 7 hopefully Houston can nick it for T-Mac's sake
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 4:05am On Apr 20, 2008
@ A-40, congratulations on "whooping" us today. It's not easy to lose to the Hornets by 12 points. Although I have to admit that I was a bit scared. I feel like this would be one of those games that will end up with a game 7. It's not my prayer but it's definitely going to happen. If it comes down to that. I'll come and watch game 6 in Dallas just to spite the Mavs. . . . . and support my guys. cheesy

Cavs and Spurs also won today and it seems like Jazz is schooling the Rockets so far. . . . . hmmmm!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 5:37am On Apr 20, 2008
Mavs-O-Mavs, what more can I say about this Mavs team. They just seem to have a missing link like Arsenal. It's been a long time that I've seen a team that depends this much on jump shots. I guess we'll wait and see what happens to them
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 8:52am On Apr 20, 2008
I did not watch the Mavs- Hornets game, but I would assume @layifioren the Mavs would use Kidd's
size advantage over Chris Paul even in the post.

Anyways, I am sure they wish they had Devin Harris's penetration back

Suns- Spurs match was a classic but I am now sure more than ever the Suns will win the series
They simply have the better team now, and the Spurs needed that game more than the Suns did.
I am pretty sure the Suns will take Game 2, and comfortably cool

T-mac goes out in the first round again sad

And as in the Suns=Spurs series, I would be surprised if the Cavs take the series.
The Cavs might have the best player on show, but the Wizards have more talent on their roster.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2008
Nope I disagree @ Doyin. Cavs have LeBron, Wizards have talent.

As for Suns vs. Spurs - I don't like either team but I think i dislike the spurs more.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2008
@j-girl
Lol  wink slow your roll honey this is just game 1 this series is going to go through the wire but OMG Chris Paul!! We definitely have to do something about that boy.And to think we lead by a dozen ohh well it was a poor performance  by the whole team.

Orlando are seriously whooping Toronto like i predicted.

@doyin
Spurs-Suns last night was a classic alright how many game 1's go into double OT?Just shows you how tight that series is gonna be even though i have a funny feeling the Spurs would nick it.As for Houston i dont know how they would survive the Jazz i just dont know it was sad to see the Wizards lose they are like the Nuggets of the West plenty talent but they always get pounded in the interior they definitely have to play some D if they are gonna survive this series.As for my Mavs they where simply poor in the second half i wouldnt blame just one player for our loss
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2008
lol A-40. I know but I'm already looking forward to games 4 and 5. I'll buy my ticket as soon as Mavs try to beat us. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
I'm buying my CP3 hornets jersey this week. That guy has made me proud - lose or win.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2008
Games 3 and 4 are at Dallas. 5 back at your place lets see how this one goes
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2008
That's why i'm looking forward to games 4 and 5. It determines our motivation to win. If we win game 4, you guys are goners!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2008
@j-girl
Yes Maah!! Please try and win game 2 first it will be very important c-os if you dont then Game 5 might as well be your elimination game c-os we are picking both games at the AA center
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2008
@A-40

Game 5 is in Dallas. 2-3-2 sequence

. . . . . .As per the Wizards. Brendan Heywood is an underated center in my opinion. Good Rebounder and shot blocker
Andre Blatche is also an up and coming backup who they really like.

Yesterday I thought they simply got poor play from the guard positions.
The sooner they get Arenas back into the starting lineup, the better for them.

. . . . . .Houston need Alston. He will give some offensive lift I think

. . . . . .The Suns will learn and pound it to the Diesel this term I am sure. I was surprised they didn't in Game 1
The Spurs have been reluctant to double team as well, so it is a no-brainer.

And Duncan's performance was an aberration. . . . .He will have to do that every game to go past the Suns,
and that ain't gonna happen.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2008
The Raptors are trying a late charge but it just isnt working
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2008
@doyin
Nope it is the Finals that are 2-3-2 sequence.I guess the Wizards just spoke too much before the game not that they had any sort of bragging rights as the Cavs have consistently been felling on their booty.

Hmm i am not sure Shaq is the force he once was besides foul trouble might just do him in.Dont bet against the Spurs only we Mavs know how to handle them come playoff time
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2008
Where are you guys? j-girl and doyin? i hope you didnt miss the Denver-LAL game? it was a Sizzla.

Detroit lost to Philly i still cant believe it and Boston handled their bidness lets see what Houston and the Wizards can do tonight Houston especially
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by toshmann(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2008
hhhaa shocked
A-40, WHAT HAPPENED?
NA BASKETBALL YOU DE DO NOW? grin grin grin

chei, arsenal grin grin grin
sorry sha, i apologise on behalf of liverpool grin grin cool
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2008
@ A-40, I saw Denver and LAL ooooo! I tire!
Today we clash again. Today - we make it 2-0
Spurs and Suns right after us on TNT. I'm looking forward to it! I need to buy my party favors so i can sit and watch the massacre that we call the western conference. I never thought that Philly would beat Detroit away. Rockets and Jazz are making me cry. How can Williams and his team destroy the McGrady that way? I'm kind of disappointed.
Cavs won again. . . . . I'm so mad at that but we all know that they are going to win in the end sha.

P.S. I'm getting my Hornets Jersey for games 3 and 4. We just might destroy Mavs at AA center grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Toshmann, carry your soccer-loving self outta here. Please let A-40 concentrate on his other disappointing team - the Mavs. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2008
@toshmann
Obviously you have not been paying attention.I am a basketball junkie go through my past posts and go figure tongue.Just try and win tonight so i wont be on your case

@j-girl
It was a crazy game.On tonight's game please make your mouth now it only makes your words much harder to digest when you lose.My advice for yall is to pick game 2 cos if you dont we will murder you at the AA center and you would be fighting for survival by game 5.As for the Rockets those guys are pitiful 22 games winning streak my foot tongue.They cant even pick a game at their Toyota Center.As for the Wiz i have just about given up on them cos i see Cavs picking up a game at the Verizon Center but hopefully they can spring a suprise.Arenas and Jamison please step your game up

Jason Kidd its time you showed that boy CP3 how its done
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2008
A-40, we have one hour seventeen minutes left. I'm waiting for you. After tonight - we'll know what's up. . . . . I really hope that the Mavs are the ones struggling to beat the Hornets. I have hope in them. My soccer team scattered your own and my basketball team must follow the same route. I told you - I'm coming to Dallas to gloat by Game 6(if there is a game 6). . . . .
The Cavs are going to win - we all know this. It's sad but true.
The Spurs and Suns - that's gotta be hot.
The Rockets are just disappointing me joooooo!

It's time Jason Kidd gets schooled by my boy CP3
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 6:38am On Apr 23, 2008
A-40:

Jason Kidd its time you showed that boy CP3 how its done

versus
j-girl:

It's time Jason Kidd gets schooled by my boy CP3
I'm not even sure where to begin. Which of these 2 scenarios happened? grin At a time - I started looking for Kidd on the court only to keep running into Bass (who's as fine as lipsrsealed embarassed) smiley
I'll leave this one for now. . . . . . till A-40 comes smiley

Please can someone explain to me what the Raptors did to Magic (103-104), Spurs and Suns?
Playoffs are crazy abeg.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2008
@j-girl
Neither scenario happened congrats on the win sha we go to Dallas now knowing fully well that we must win both games but CP3 that dude is making Jason Kidd look like a wimp dude had 32-17 last night but its all good Friday and Sunday night will decide

I predicted the Spurs will be too strong for the Suns this matter pass Shaq Power.As for the Rockets their case is a hopeless one.The Wizards hmmm i wouldnt bet my mortgage on them beating Cleveland but lets see how it goes -
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2008
A-40:

@j-girl
Neither scenario happened congrats on the win sha we go to Dallas now knowing fully well that we must win both games but CP3 that dude is making Jason Kidd look like a wimp dude had 32-17 last night but its all good Friday and Sunday night will decide

I predicted the Spurs will be too strong for the Suns this matter pass Shaq Power.As for the Rockets their case is a hopeless one.The Wizards hmmm i wouldnt bet my mortgage on them beating Cleveland but lets see how it goes -
I'm sorry but I think JASON KIDD GOT SCHOOLED BY THE LITTLE BOY CALLED CP3. Avery Johnson has good intensity but not the best basketball IQ. Every team with a good guard that plays Dallas always makes Dallas look stupid. From Kobe, to B. Davis, to CP3, to Wade. I mean all these guys look like they are way better players when they are playing Dallas and that's because Avery always pays alot of attention to them. You cannot take  everything from these players. They'll still have some effect. You just have to try and slow them down and play good defense on the other players. Just don't pay attention to one player by double teaming him. Maybe he needs to go see how Phoenix used to play Lakers and Kobe. Avery just need to let this team play free flow basketball. That's how Dallas came back and won against the Hornets, Jazz and Phoenix towards the end of the season. I really feel bad for those in Dallas right now. First the Cowboys and now the Mavs. Eya!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ A-40, I think you have a case of acute denial. Did you even watch the game? When a team starts leading by 26 pts, i think that calls for a re-examination. If we win game 3 at AA center, i suggest you become a hornets fan. Less heartache! For Rockets, I give up. Suns vs. Spurs - Suns better step up their games.

@ layi - thank you o! Avery Johnson needs to go to Byron Scott and learn how to use his players to their maximum advantage.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2008
@j-girl
Ok i give up CP3 schooled Jason abi Game 2 was a blowout no problemo! ehn lets see what happens at the American Airlines center i can assure you it will be very different from the Games at NO peeps like Jason Terry,Brandon Bass would surely step their game up.Me a hornets fan?I like CP3,Dave West and Peja but no thanks

@layi
We have been inconsistent i agree but dont write these Mavs off we have dropped our first two home games before and still went on to win the series so i am not waving the white flag just yet i am not sure about the guard thingy any team with a good guard will give other teams trouble.Baron Davis,CP3,Kobe will always get their numbers against any team the key is not to let the other players get involved let the guard try and do all the scoring

Kobe hit 49 last night and Boston did the bidness once again.It was nice to see Detroit bounce back sha
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2008
A-40 , I was just offering cheesy

Can't wait for game 3, even though I'm supposed to be studying, I'll give all that up for just that day. . . . .
Kobe surprised me yesterday. I loved his game and I wish the Nuggets had just ruffled their feathers a little more.

Tonight - the Cavs, Raptors and Jazz have their home advantages. They better use it well. . . . . . . . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2008
A-40:

@j-girl
Ok i give up CP3 schooled Jason abi Game 2 was a blowout no problemo! ehn lets see what happens at the American Airlines center i can assure you it will be very different from the Games at NO peeps like Jason Terry,Brandon Bass would surely step their game up.Me a hornets fan?I like CP3,Dave West and Peja but no thanks

@layi
We have been inconsistent i agree but don't write these Mavs off we have dropped our first two home games before and still went on to win the series so i am not waving the white flag just yet i am not sure about the guard thingy any team with a good guard will give other teams trouble.Baron Davis,CP3,Kobe will always get their numbers against any team the key is not to let the other players get involved let the guard try and do all the scoring

Kobe hit 49 last night and Boston did the bidness once again.It was nice to see Detroit bounce back sha
@ A-40
Ok, think about this. To my knowledge, there's been only twice that Kobe has scored over 60. Guess which teams he scored these points against? Dallas with 62 points and Raptors with 81 pts. CP3 has set records already on Dallas in the first 2 games. Then you talk about Baron Davis, the guy was averaging more in the playoffs against Dallas than both in regular season and against other teams. Now you talk about D-Wade, I mean D-Wade had some confidence like he never did against Dallas. That's because of the way Avery Johnson plays defense. He pays way to much attention to things he cannot affect too much. Like you also agree, these guys are going to get their points. Just get hustling and scrapping and defend has much as you can. But he seems to be over coaching, making basketball too technical and too mechanical. Those guys are playing but they don't even seem like they are having fun. Basketball is all about rhythm and when you get it going and you're having fun, almost anything you throw up will go into the basket just like NO, Warriors and Heat has done against Dallas in the past. They gained confidence because they were having fun and their coaches weren't over coaching.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 1:04am On Apr 25, 2008
by the way A-40, where do you stay in Dallas? Used to live in Plano but I'm now in Seattle. My family still lives in Dallas though!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
@layiforen
You raised a very good point but i still remember when we where called the Allas Mavericks because we played no D i think our problems are the fact that our guards are not exactly fantastic defenders but Avery has introduced some defense in our play but we do need some more defensive intensity i agree.My aunt stays in the Fort Worth area.I stay with her whenever im in her city basically

Houston,Toronto and the Wizards all got wins last night the Wizards really thrashed the Cavs it was pitiful.Houston just nicked it but it was enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Female referees will be at the men's World Cup for the first time / Arsenal Table A Third Bid For West Ham Captain Declan Rice Worth £105m / See How Taribo West Defrauded Thousands Of Nigerians Aspiring Footballers In The

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.