Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,455 members, 7,937,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (13853 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
@A-40

The day I can see the puck clearly, is the day I will start watching hockey.

All I see is chaps moving all over the place like Tse Tse flies with agenda unknown.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Dont get too excited.Remember the Giants lol.
hehe remember the Red Sox? cheesy

P.S: Is anyone watching the Stanley Cup finals.The Penguins narrowly escaped last night
doyin13:

@A-40
The day I can see the puck clearly, is the day I will start watching hockey.
All I see is chaps moving all over the place like Tse Tse flies with agenda unknown.
I thot I was the only one! I've tried to watch hockey and the puck is harder to find than bigfoot. Plus it is sucha savage game, all that fighting, bleeding all over the place, if it were black men in the game they woulda been called thugs but becos they're white. . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Novacaine(m): 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2008
Its showtime!!! tonight Boston vs Lakers hmm i have this gut feeling that Boston will win it i just dont know why
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Skywalker5(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2008
Would be glad if Celtics can win this Final considering the fact that garnett,pierce and allen need at least one victory but the way i dey look those Lakers boyz.Them no happy at all ooooooooooooooooo

E No sure for Celtics at allllllllll ooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Skywalker5(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2008
At least i can enjoy the NBA Finals now that the spurs are not there to bore us out again
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2008
It sure wasnt a bore.The Lakers started well and just didnt finish up it aint over trust me if the Lakers start well they wouldnt throw it away besides Kobe didnt have a good game and they where still in it just imagine if he did maybe we would be singing a different song
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Novacaine(m): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
My prediction was spot on i just feel this years championships are tailor-made for the Celtics.Go Boston
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by davidif: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2008
Miami heat should draft Derrick Rose to play alongside D. Wade to take some of the load of him, the serious injuries he has had is making him damaged goods plus he has not yet developed a consistent jump shot.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2008
davidif:

Miami heat should draft Derrick Rose to play alongside D. Wade to take some of the load of him, the serious injuries he has had is making him damaged goods plus he has not yet developed a consistent jump shot.
Yeah he always had an awkward jumpshot if only his jumpshot was as awkward in the 2006 Finals maybe we Mavs would have had a ring by now.They could use a PG but i am not sure they would get the first pick i think the first pick goes to the Bulls and Rose would be too good to pass up
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2008
If the Lakers where not unlucky last night then i dont know what unlucky is i mean they had a 31-9 rally and it still wasnt good enough when these things happen sometimes you wonder if its meant to be.I still see the Lakers winning all three games at home though
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 7:25pm On Jun 09, 2008
A-40:

If the Lakers where not unlucky last night then i don't know what unlucky is i mean they had a 31-9 rally and it still wasnt good enough when these things happen sometimes you wonder if its meant to be.I still see the Lakers winning all three games at home though
  unlucky ke? they were lucky the Celtics relaxed n let them back into the game.
I have lost much respect for Phil Jackson - first whinning about Pierce that he faked the injury and now complaining about referees and foul calls? hissess. . . how about if he taught his team to actually play defense in the post instead of hacking down the celtic guys when they drive into the lane. Its not the Celtics fault Gasol is soft, Odom is inconsistent n the laker team is by large a jump shooting team - u don't get foul calls playing like that.
Plus see the way Powe took the ball coast to coast, drove in and dunked while 3 lakers stood under the rim looking at him all the way from half court - no one stepped up to take a charge or defend their rim. Or Rondo at 6'1 blocking a 6'10 guy - good ol phil should be more worried about those.

plus we did not hear Phil complaining during the Jazz series when the lakers took 43 fouls shots compared to Utahs 16.   how dare he come n complain after that?
People should just shut up and play/coach and when u lose move on and retain your integrity.  tongue
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2008
can u tell I can't stand sour losers? angry
You did not hear any of the Spurs crying about the brent barry call, instead the coach even said "it was the right call".
I am glad though Kobe did not follow suit with Jackson n whine. much respect. Let ur game do your talking son.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2008
i'm sad
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2008
JeSoul:

You did not hear any of the Spurs crying about the brent barry call, instead the coach even said "it was the right call".
I am glad though Kobe did not follow suit with Jackson n whine. much respect. Let your game do your talking son.
The Spurs had no business in that series anyways. They were just as lost against LA as Dallas was against New Orleans. I mean com'on, that series was all LA. Ok, so if the foul would have been called, the game would have gone overtime and then what? Maybe you did not realise that the shot clock violation called against LA in the prior possession was wrong which would have given LA the ball back anyways with the last possession of the game. However, a guy getting like 13 free throws in like 15 mins; com'n, you don't need to be a homer. Let's be sincere with ourselves, the officiating was bad though LA also shot themselves in the foot. It's been fun to see what happens in the next three games. Maybe another Heat and Mavs finals is in the making.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by MyTempID: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2008
Fhucking refs and their phantom calls. Are you kidding me. Calling touch fouls in the NBA Finals.

Anyways! It's not over until the fat lady sings. [i]F[/i]ucking stupid conspiracy!
Go Lakers!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 1:13am On Jun 10, 2008
layifioren:

The Spurs had no business in that series anyways. They were just as lost against LA as Dallas was against New Orleans. I mean com'on, that series was all LA. Ok, so if the foul would have been called, the game would have gone overtime and then what? Maybe you did not realise that the shot clock violation called against LA in the prior possession was wrong which would have given LA the ball back anyways with the last possession of the game. However, a guy getting like 13 free throws in like 15 mins; com'n, you don't need to be a homer. Let's be sincere with ourselves, the officiating was bad though LA also shot themselves in the foot. It's been fun to see what happens in the next three games. Maybe another Heat and Mavs finals is in the making.
you missed my point.
I'm not raising any hairs whether the foul in the SA-LA series was wrong or not - I'm applauding the way the Spurs handled it. They didn't whine or even complain but graciously accepted the defeat. I know a certain coach that can learn from that.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 2:58am On Jun 10, 2008
JeSoul:

you missed my point.
I'm not raising any hairs whether the foul in the SA-LA series was wrong or not - I'm applauding the way the Spurs handled it. They didn't whine or even complain but graciously accepted the defeat. I know a certain coach that can learn from that.
I get ur point but what I was saying was Pop did not coomplain mainly because he knew that was not why they loss. He knew they loss because they've not played good. Pop has complained in the past about other stuff. On the other side, Phil Jackson feels that they did not win mainly because of the foul calls. I mean think about it, LA pretty much evened with Boston in all aspects except in the amount of foul shots they took. 38 - 10 would make any coach complain. I don't care who the coach is. YOu just don't let the officials spend almost 3 hours giving calls against you. It's different from the one call SA did not get. What Phil did was good in that it puts the next set of referees in spot light. That would make them pay more attention to their foul calls.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2008
@Je-soul
Naah you guys where lucky i mean the Lakers drove you guys all the way in game 1 and game 2.24 pts vanishing in 7 minutes is not luck i will not write the Lakers off until you pick a game in L.A

@lakers
Tonight is the night infact the next 3 games are crucial and you can look to the Miami Heat for inspiration they also where 2 games down in 06 and also lost 2-0 to Dallas in the regular season but look what happened i just feel they need to stop digging those holes they are making things unneccesarily hard for themselves by going behind in double digits.Gasol,Odom have to play hard and they need big minutes from the bench Vujacic,Farmar,Turiaf have to stand up and be counted they really lack some presence in the paint and its hurting them Andrew Bynum must be feeling very hurt about this
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by MyTempID: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2008
JeSoul:

I am glad though Kobe did not follow suit with Jackson n whine. much respect. Let your game do your talking son.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. The spurs could not have complained about the brent barry call. Prior to that posession, as i mentioned before, the Lakers should have had the ball back, and BB travelled before the foul.If it all goes well in game 4 on thursday this series will be knotted at 2 games a piece. Phil Jackson had every reason to speak out against the refs biased and stupid phantom calls. KG set illegal picks all game today and you expect laker fans to be happy with that? Yeah right! See you on thursday.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2008
layifioren:

I get your point but what I was saying was Pop did not coomplain mainly because he knew that was not why they loss. He knew they loss because they've not played good. Pop has complained in the past about other stuff. On the other side, Phil Jackson feels that they did not win mainly because of the foul calls. I mean think about it, LA pretty much evened with Boston in all aspects except in the amount of foul shots they took. 38 - 10 would make any coach complain. I don't care who the coach is. YOu just don't let the officials spend almost 3 hours giving calls against you. It's different from the one call SA did not get. What Phil did was good in that it puts the next set of referees in spot light. That would make them pay more attention to their foul calls.
  So you must have also considered it a grave injustice against the Jazz in the West semis when the free throw disparity was

Utah 16
       Lakers 43

how come u guys did not say the refs gave you that game? 
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2008
MyTempID:

Don't get your undies in a bunch. The spurs could not have complained about the brent barry call. Prior to that posession, as i mentioned before, the Lakers should have had the ball back, and BB travelled before the foul.If it all goes well in game 4 on thursday this series will be knotted at 2 games a piece. Phil Jackson had every reason to speak out against the refs biased and stupid phantom calls. KG set illegal picks all game today and [b]you expect laker fans to be happy with that? Yeah right! See you on thursday.[/b]

no, but I didn't expect this much whining. Especially since they've been on the receiving side of such calls against the Jazz. The disparity was 43-16! even worse than what the Celtics had in game 2.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2008
So Donaghy is now making very serious allegations that the 02 series between La & Sac was fixed. . . hmmmm does this mean the Lakers will get an asterisk * next to that series win?  grin

Plus see again for all ye whiners, the free throw disparity. . .no be today. I do not seem to recall any crying then that they won the game by the Refs. And if I remember correctly now, I believe it was even a road game for the lakers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Although no teams are specifically named, it is not hard to deduce the game in question. The Lakers-Kings series was the only one that postseason that went seven games, and the officiating in Game 6 was so questionable that consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for a formal investigation.

The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21-of-27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7-of-9 in the fourth quarter alone.

Does anybody believe Donaghy? I'm starting to get reminders of the Canseco fiasco in mlb. Everyone thot he was a liar until his allegations started turning out to be true. The NBA does not need this drama to taint the championships of the last couple years, I don't think anyone wants to see that at all. It will not be fair to the players who worked their tails off. But what if it turns out to be true?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2008
JeSoul:

So you must have also considered it a grave injustice against the Jazz in the West semis when the free throw disparity was

Utah 16
Lakers 43

how come u guys did not say the refs gave you that game?

Jesoul,
I will encourage you to look at the stats very well. 43-16, is that in one game or throughout the series? Even Sloan agreed that they fouled Kobe alot especially in one particular game with the most free throw disparity. He even told his guys that playing good defense on Kobe doesn't mean fouling him everytime. Look at game 2 very well and you'll see guys pulling Kobe and there were no calls and you just want the coach to be quiet. Yeah right!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2008
layifioren:

Jesoul,
I will encourage you to look at the stats very well. 43-16, is that in one game or throughout the series? Even Sloan agreed that they fouled Kobe alot especially in one particular game with the most free throw disparity. He even told his guys that playing good defense on Kobe doesn't mean fouling him everytime. Look at game 2 very well and you'll see guys pulling Kobe and there were no calls and you just want the coach to be quiet. Yeah right!

it was in one game sweetie smiley. . . I know, outrageous isn't it? wink. . .  I'm too lazy to dig up the link on nba.com right now
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Je-soul
This is little compared to Spygate lol
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2008
A-40:

@Je-soul
This is little compared to Spygate lol
  lol. . . let a girl have some fun now  cool  if spygate had been the oakland raiders or some other insignificant team it would not have made front page of espn, but buried somewhere between bowling and poker news  cool

n have you been watching sportcenter the last 24hrs? that's all they've been talking about. That the Refs fixed that game to favor LA. Funny thing is good old Ralphie Nadar had called for an investigation into the officiating after that game because the calls had been so bad. I'm not one for conspiracy theories I'd rather everyone just enjoy n focus on the finals.

Plus in all 'seriousness' if this is true, it still wasn't the fault of the Lakers, so I guess nobody can begrude them for it. But tainted is tainted brotha, whether intentional or not. Tom Brady had nuthin to do with the taping, but yet some people call the whole team cheats.

off topic: Are you going to be watching the US. Open?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Je-soul
Why would it be a big deal for the Raiders when last did they make it to the Superbowl those guys have to be the worst team besides the Dolphins.Its been sickening i keep checking just to make sure i am not watching a re-run or something i mean for chrissakes there is an Nba Finals game tonight i am not sure the Lakers are guilty on any charge as well sha.

Do you mean the Golf tourney? i am not exactly a golf fan
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by layifioren(m): 5:11am On Jun 13, 2008
Outstanding win by the C's. Even after the big lead, I was still skeptical about the Lakers. I would be more than surprised if they had shot as good as they did in the first quarter. Looks like the Celtics have this ring in the bag. The Lakers could sure use some heart now. Feel sorry for those fellas!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jaybee3(m): 5:30am On Jun 13, 2008
unbelievable comeback. well worth the stress of having to wake up at 2am. can't wait for game 5 now.
loving the Celtics.
a very big well done 2 pierce and his team-mates
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2008
the celts are better

hope lakers will be better next year with bynum
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by JeSoul(f): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2008
cheesy I was witness to the greatest 4quarter comeback in playoff history by the Celtics in 02'
and once again a witness to the greatest finals comeback! smiley Celtics you are spoling me. cheesy . . . don't stop! lol.

But men was it hard to watch the first half. . . I am proud of my boys oh! that was gutsy and showed they have some fight in them. And they did it without 2 starters too! I am especially enjoying the Celtics rubbing this in the face of those arrogant sports "analysts" predicting Lakers in 5. . . I hope they are apologetic they wrote off the best team in the NBA all season. Anyways GO CELTICS!!!!! I want a parade!!  cheesy

A-40:

@Je-soul
Why would it be a big deal for the Raiders when last did they make it to the Superbowl those guys have to be the worst team besides the Dolphins.Its been sickening i keep checking just to make sure i am not watching a re-run or something i mean for chrissakes there is an Nba Finals game tonight i am not sure the Lakers are guilty on any charge as well sha.
    I heard they were questioning Bavetta, one of the NBA's best refs. . . this does have the potential to become ugly if it turns out to be true but yeah I'd like for us to enjoy the finals and deal with the refs later.

Do you mean the Golf tourney? i am not exactly a golf fan
  yeah I was talking golf. . . golf fans are soooo hard to find.   undecided I'm probably the only one in this forum smiley fam all think I'm weird n crazy for watching it, that n baseball. Plus you know africans like to only stick with their soccer.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2008
@Je-soul
I am sure you are ecstatic by now its almost safe to crown yall the Champions i dont see the Lakers coming back i just dont see it.We dont need the ref scandal right now lol
Golf is probably one of the most boring sports in my opinion maybe behind cricket and baseball

Whats with these Lakers sef? they throw away huge advantages and get into huge deficits i mean how can you throw away a 24 point lead and Kobe had a meagre 16 points they really do miss Bynum.Gasol stinks in the paint

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Denmark Vs Australia: World Cup (1 - 1) On 21st June 2018 / Leon Balogun Talks On How Super Eagles Can Get Better / Lionel Messi Beats Lebron James As The Most Marketable Athlete In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.