Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,666 members, 7,902,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:30 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (157590 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:24am On Jun 22, 2012
We laid some blocks on top of the dried sections of the lintels, but ran out of materials, more works later next week.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
spyder880: more pictures

Beauty at its best . . . Loving it
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 3:29am On Jun 23, 2012
blacksta: It is so sad - Very primitive way of building - The structure is very unpleasant to eyes - is the building even straight?
Is it the meat that is too tough? Do you have toothache? Or simply can't afford cooking with meat? Ni994s like you are broke as fo4k!

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by icon2: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2012
spyder880: More work continues tomorrow, we shall try to complete lintel casting by tomorrow so we can start laying the topping blocks soon, this work dey chop money o!

Well done bro...
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2012
icon2:

Well done bro...

Thank you my man, I just woke up with a thirst to do something different today, what,what,....emmm, supposing I open a new thread where I will be showing building plans, elevations and quoting the prices for building the house, start to finish.
I am thinking of listing the locations where my listed prices will be applicable and above all, the conditions, durations etc. I think this will solve the problems of my answering mails back and forth and shorten the negotiation process for intending home owners.

Whatever you do this weekend, make sure you put a smile on your face, go on, enjoy yourself and feel proud, because God loves you! Happy weekend!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you my man, I just woke up with a thirst to do something different today, what,what,....emmm, supposing I open a new thread where I will be showing building plans, elevations and quoting the prices for building the house, start to finish.
I am thinking of listing the locations where my listed prices will be applicable and above all, the conditions, durations etc. I think this will solve the problems of my answering mails back and forth and shorten the negotiation process for intending home owners.

Whatever you do this weekend, make sure you put a smile on your face, go on, enjoy yourself and feel proud, because God loves you! Happy weekend!
That thread will surely be a hit, I beg do make you start am.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by icon2: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
spyder880:

That would be nice...
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
icon2:

That would be nice...

The topic is already live on this forum.
"The cost and conditions for building these types of houses"

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by lovetosin: 12:13am On Jun 24, 2012
@spyder:good job you are doing,how many blocks this massive building don chop to this stage and was the building size,cant wait to see the finish of your frontal pillars cuz am doing something like that...too
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 4:55am On Jun 24, 2012
love-tosin:
@spyder:good job you are doing,how many blocks this massive building don chop to this stage and was the building size,cant wait to see the finish of your frontal pillars cuz am doing something like that...too

Welcome my man, the house don chop close to 6000 blocks and we still need more.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Happy Sunday and still loving it
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Deebabe: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hello all
I have beena silent reader for months but I called spyder recently and he asked me to join and tap from your wealth of experience.
My hussy and I started a very ambitious project (2 blocks of 4 bedroom flats each) on 2 plots of land in Ajah. We have just completed theraft foundation and are about to start filling.
My questions:
1. My builder says we need 30 trips of 20 ton laterite sand to fill. The raft was 3 board raft. Is this appropriate? How do I know a 10 ton vs a 15 ton vs 20 ton tipper when they come to deliver?
2. My builder advised that we do block work to lintel before raft. To allow the sand to compact. Is this wise
3. My builder told us that we need 4000 blocks to lintel. This does not include pillars. Is this reasonable?
Help will be appreciated
Please note that the land was waterlogged,
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by bugmenot: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2012

@ Deebabe
I'm equally awaiting answers to your questions anxiously. We have "ajah" and its peculiarities in common - you guys are far ahead of me, but I'll be embarking on a less ambitious project in the not so distant future. If you don't mind, please send me a line at infinity_ng AT yahoo dot co dot uk, we might be able to share mutually beneficial ideas as we go along.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Deebabe: Hello all
I have beena silent reader for months but I called spyder recently and he asked me to join and tap from your wealth of experience.
My hussy and I started a very ambitious project (2 blocks of 4 bedroom flats each) on 2 plots of land in Ajah. We have just completed theraft foundation and are about to start filling.
My questions:
1. My builder says we need 30 trips of 20 ton laterite sand to fill. The raft was 3 board raft. Is this appropriate? How do I know a 10 ton vs a 15 ton vs 20 ton tipper when they come to deliver?
2. My builder advised that we do block work to lintel before raft. To allow the sand to compact. Is this wise
3. My builder told us that we need 4000 blocks to lintel. This does not include pillars. Is this reasonable?
Help will be appreciated

Hello sister,
I remember our talk on phone sometimes ago. I understand your questions but lets see if our Lagos based builders and engineers have anything to add as comments. Working in waterlogged areas can be very expensive.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by remcoface: 12:41am On Jun 25, 2012
Deebabe: Hello all
My questions:
1. My builder says we need 30 trips of 20 ton laterite sand to fill. The raft was 3 board raft. Is this appropriate? [b]How do I know a 10 ton vs a 15 ton vs 20 ton tipper when they come to deliver?[/b][b][/b]
Help will be appreciated

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by bugmenot: 4:07am On Jun 25, 2012

@ spyder and other members of this great citadel

What do you think about locating toilets in different parts of a house? I ask because someone commented on a building plan drawn for me by a very good architect. He expressed the opinion that transporting sewage to the sceptic tank over numerous bends is very likely to result in future issues. The plan I have has three toilets - one to the left of the building, another to the right, and a third in front. I was advised to have them placed as close to each other as possible and as close to the sceptic tank as possible. Your thoughts and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
@ Bugmenot, will reply you later.
We are still doing some sketchy work in Owerri and we plan to round off the topping by next week.
Also, there are plans to start another building somewhere by next week.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by egin(m): 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hey Mr Spyder, do you know how much customised railings for stairs and balcony cost per linear foot? Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
egin: Hey Mr Spyder, do you know how much customised railings for stairs and balcony cost per linear foot? Thanks for your prompt response.

Depends on type, any pictures?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by egin(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ spyder these are some pictures. Price per linear foot please.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ egin, those are nice looking ones, sorry I dont have the price now. Maybe I will ask my workers later.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by egin(m): 2:32am On Jun 30, 2012
@ spyder Thanks
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 2:43am On Jul 04, 2012
No New development lately?

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
prince_onx: No New development lately?

Resting, waiting for more funds and doing a research about Enugu in the politics section.

Meanwhile work is ongoing at Owerri duplex project. My boys are producing more pillars.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Still informative and creative as always
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
spyder880:

Its all as a result of the level of expertise of the workers. From the workers to the supervision.

Pipework starts from the German floor stage.

Oga Spyder, Kindly explain further on the question asked. Your students are interested in learning further. I guess its not all about the expertise but the technology or the tools used. Was this precasted or otherwise? Please help....
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Keep on teaching the people
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
I am in Owerri now my people. We are going to continue works on the pillar casting as we have got some more funds. Some of my men will join me as from tomorrow.

The Ebonyi duplex + pent house is still in the works. My client there has signalled that we should commence by next week. I intend to float another thread by then.

Works on the 4 bedroom bungalow in Enugu is still ongoing. My boys are doing some neat (internal) plastering works there now. We just completed the ceiling. The pictures are in that thread

My architect just delivered to me the completed plans for our client in another part of Owerri, the client wants us to start a 36 room hostel. The plans have been completed but we just pray we will have the time to stretch to that side since there are other projects that may start in Enugu very soon.

Plus I might spend some time chilling in Lagos next week. My company wants me to attend a training on Environmental and Workplace Safety.

The future is looking very bright, the Lord is good!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2012
ahf: Great Job !!!!!!

Questions:-

On the parapet, how does one ensure such a smooth work?
On foundation and blockwork, when does one insert pipework (i.e. water supply and water discharge pipes)

Thanks

Hi Spyder: On page 14 of this same thread, AHF asked the above question but not sure we got a needed response. Kindly help explain further on how to get this smooth finishing on the parapet. Your students are learning. Thanks
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
gmiky:

Hi Spyder: On page 14 of this same thread, AHF asked the above question but not sure we got a needed response. Kindly help explain further on how to get this smooth finishing on the parapet. Your students are learning. Thanks

I am sure I attended to that question back then, cant remember my exact words but I was of the opinion that the smoothness of a parapet all depends on the expertise of the workers on one hand and the supervisors on the other. If you give such sensitive work to amateurs, they will mess it up, also, if you give it to very experienced workmen and ensure they follow all the specifications during the carpentry and casting stage and especially during the plastering stage (I am very particular in final looks so even if a house looks ugly at the rough construction stage, all issues should be masked with a superb plastering and smoothening job)

The final finishing of a house is what makes or mars a builder. This is the stage I dont expect my clients to question costs, building is all about making impressions and if cheap methods are employed at this "clothing" stage, the final result may not look good.

I have had reasons to strategically retreat from finishing about 3 houses I have built because I am looking for a work that brings out the shine in my efforts. Even my own, I have refused to paint it because of some financial issues.

However, I praise everybody who have ever built a house, even if he stopped at the foundation stage. E no easy at all!!!

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 5:09am On Jul 25, 2012
spyder880:

I am sure I attended to that question back then, cant remember my exact words but I was of the opinion that the smoothness of a parapet all depends on the expertise of the workers on one hand and the supervisors on the other. If you give such sensitive work to amateurs, they will mess it up, also, if you give it to very experienced workmen and ensure they follow all the specifications during the carpentry and casting stage and especially during the plastering stage (I am very particular in final looks so even if a house looks ugly at the rough construction stage, all issues should be masked with a superb plastering and smoothening job)

The final finishing of a house is what makes or mars a builder. This is the stage I dont expect my clients to question costs, building is all about making impressions and if cheap methods are employed at this "clothing" stage, the final result may not look good.

I have had reasons to strategically retreat from finishing about 3 houses I have built because I am looking for a work that brings out the shine in my efforts. Even my own, I have refused to paint it because of some financial issues.

However, I praise everybody who have ever built a house, even if he stopped at the foundation stage. E no easy at all!!!

@Master Spyder: Thank you for the detailed explanation. Just to ask further, what do you think about the option of using precasted against direct casting of the parapet on the building? What are the positive and the negative sides to each of the two and which will you recommend?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2012
gmiky:

@Master Spyder: Thank you for the detailed explanation. Just to ask further, what do you think about the option of using precasted against direct casting of the parapet on the building? What are the positive and the negative sides to each of the two and which will you recommend?

Thank you for bringing this up, if only I have the chance I will show pictures of the difference between these two styles of doing a parapet.

The precasted parapet is definetely more difficult to do, more expensive and more appealing to the eyes as it has so many variations and designs which will be very difficult to do on the normal casted parapet.
The precasted are done and finished on the ground, then carried upstairs to be fixed. This takes more time and attention to details. I wish I will have time to sort my picture files and post the pictures later tonight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.