Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,839 members, 7,945,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

We Must Change Our Approach To Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Must Change Our Approach To Religion (782 Views)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / Atheist; Can You Go Back To Religion? / Say No To Religion! Science Is The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by bilms(m): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
WE MUST CHANGE OUR APPROACH TO RELIGION

Peace be unto you all, Note: religion is never to be defended,but we must always tell the truth of the religion at all times and continue to seek for proper understanding. We must always be open to change our view of religion when we encounter proper explanation which we are unaware of,we must not be rigid to a certain belief or conception we have if prove, n otherwise. Many engage , in so many sentiments in the name of defending,but to what end? Both christian and Muslims have demonstrated a very low religious understanding,but very high defending ability.We have demonstrated low practice of religion but high level of ignorance,low human relation for explanation but high capacity of aggression,high love to defend insincerely and low level to understand sincerely. in fact most religious people are hypocrites from pastors,to Mallams,to Muslims,to Christians,to leaders,to followers,to scholars,to listeners, We must change.
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by bilms(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2012
wink
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by Goshen360(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
Thanks so much. I was tempted to ignore your post but thank God it's very thoughtful. All points are on spot. I hope others read this also and put into practice. God bless y'all.
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by Ptolomeus(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
I agree with what you say.
I may not generalize well, because in all beliefs are honest and , "the other"
Regardless of the ethical issues you rightly points out, what is more outrageous is the arrogance and aggressiveness with which some attack other groups.
Use terror, threatening to the devil, Satan, go to hell anyone who thinks differently is one of the tactics of those fanatical sects.
Disqualification based on lies so is ,
True, my friend: there are many things to change.
I understand that first we must change ourselves, and to unmask the impostors who profess the "cult of fear" and "only truth" for financial gain.
Religion should not be a business, or a war.
In the same city can be reached by different paths.
Tolerance should be the basis of all religion.
But when personal interests are , ethical standards begin to disappear. unfortunately , and everything seems to be valid in the "JUNGLE RELIGIOUS"
My greetings!
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by bilms(m): 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
May God help and guide us all
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
First things first, Nigeria must separate Government from Religion. Because of the Government/Religion partnership, so many corrupt deeds go unseen and unnoticed. I will be in power someday, and if this separation hasn't happened by then, then expect it from me with a brutal force.
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by Ptolomeus(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
diluminati:

First things first, Nigeria must separate Government from Religion. Because of the Government/Religion partnership, so many corrupt deeds go unseen and unnoticed. I will be in power someday, and if this separation hasn't happened by then, then expect it from me with a brutal force.

Very true what you say.
I have the fortune to live in a lay country. That is, state and religion are totally separate. No religion has precedence over another.
I think this is very successful, mainly looking at some neighboring countries, where the Catholic Church marks the way forward on issues that concern him.
This dependence on the state to the religious power is extremely harmful.
If we add possible corruption , is even worse ,
My regards,
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by bilms(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
thanks
Re: We Must Change Our Approach To Religion by bilms(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2012
wink

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Clergy To Oppose The Government. / There Are People Out There Who Are Determined To Make Kenya Another Nigeria / Pick Call And Die Text In Circulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.