Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,900 members, 7,906,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Jury - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The Jury (830 Views)

Jury Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jury by Chuxy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2007
A defendant was on trial for murder in Oklahoma. There was strong evidence indicating guilt, but there was no corpse.

In the defense’s closing statement the lawyer, knowing that his client would probably be convicted, resorted to a trick.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all," the lawyer said as he looked at his watch. "Within one minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom."

He looked toward the courtroom door. The jurors, somewhat stunned, all looked on eagerly. A minute passed. Nothing happened.

Finally the lawyer said, "Actually, I made up the previous statement. But you all looked on with anticipation. I, therefore, put it to you that there is reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty."

The jury, clearly confused, retired to deliberate. A few minutes later, the jury returned and pronounced a verdict of guilty.

"But how?" inquired the lawyer. "You must have had some doubt; I saw all of you stare at the door."

Answered the jury foreman: "Oh, we did look. But your client didn’t."
Re: The Jury by topeteadr(m): 12:44am On Oct 26, 2007
Nah.
Re: The Jury by topeteadr(m): 12:45am On Oct 26, 2007
Nah.
Re: The Jury by Migines(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2007
Too technical. Funny tho
Re: The Jury by showbobo(m): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2007
Re: The Jury by folahann(m): 3:35am On Oct 26, 2007
The defendant gave up himself
Re: The Jury by nicegirl02(f): 4:54am On Oct 26, 2007
Good one
Re: The Jury by Oracle(m): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2007
Wetin dey worry that client sef?
why didn't he look?
Re: The Jury by ettehgate(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2007
na kiriminal original him be
Re: The Jury by saucekid(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2007
*the guy think say na april fool dem wan use am do*
Re: The Jury by bagoma(f): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2007
Oracle:

Wetin dey worry that client sef?
why didn't he look?

now thats funny. cheesy
Re: The Jury by Neyoyo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2007
Okay
Re: The Jury by topeteadr(m): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2007
:d :d

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Doing? / *** No Joke! *** / Funny Commercials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.