Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,703 members, 7,882,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? (14742 Views)

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD / D'banj About To Be The Biggest Nigeria Musician Worldwide / Do You Think Any Nigeria Musician Can Win a Grammy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by timpaker(m): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
sexysunnyb:

i dreamt 2face is winning it next year

LMAO!
I sense a malaria symptoms. please go check your doctor. (just kidding) tongue tongue tongue
i think Asa might get nominated for Grammy cuz her style of music is different from other contemporaries.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Sirmuell(m): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
Akpako Master Terry G for shure!
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Koolking(m): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
yuzedo:

Don't ever say they are untalented!  angry
. . . manliness-sucking is a very relevant talent in the entertainment industry!!  grin
Oh btw, Don Jazzy is going to get a grammy soon from producing tho, for his strategic alliance with G.O.O.D/Illuminati,  #MarkMyWords. . DON BABA J!!!!  wink cool

LOL@bold. Then that should get an Award category. Even if Grammy has, I bet Nigerians would still not stand a chance.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
DA GRIN cool
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Darey00(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
Skalley- best male pop vocal perfomance
Terry G- best album of d year
Timaya- best self-confident artiste, lol hahaha lets be serious,most Nigerian artistes sing commercial songs and not box office songs. Having said dat,i tip Asa cos dat girl has a lot of brain in her little head.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by sylve11: 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
Asa, Fela Kuti! cool
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by blackwall(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
ASA noni
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by AnswerKnapp: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
Not one of them and not all combined into one tongue
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by teewai27: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
denzel2009:

Klever J
abegi who be klever j? Asa might qualify for a nomination but no grammy worthy naija artiste out there, yet.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by dokunbam(m): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
Yes Asa maybe tuface
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by laodedRay(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
grin grin grin i dey laugh o. maybe Mr Banky W! that"s if dem no arrest am 4 there for d way him take yeye Rihanna umbrella use am take enter market come dey form celebrity. grin
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by jboi25: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
na definitely 9ice . Remba say he make we no doubt am he go bring home grammy
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by chinnyonwu(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2012
The first one to join illuminati
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
Tiwa Savage has already been nominated for a Grammy (2011) for her work on Fantasia's Grammy Award-winning album. So don't rule Tiwa out. Because she's singing for the Nigerian audience now doesn't mean it's not possible for her again. The woman is very talented, both vocally and as a songwriter. When her album drops, we'll hear its contents and make better judgment of her.

I do agree though with everyone saying Asa. Kinda off-topic but I heard her songs playing here at a California mall. She's on her way lol.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
Asa - once heard a song being played in a local pub in Manchester. Her song was also played at a street carnival in Spain with choreograph dancers gyrating to it. Songs popular in Europe

Nneka - song featured on a best seller video game, can't remember the game now. Listened to her last album about 40k feet above sea level on a trip from Paris to Lagos - album listed on Airfrance play list with the likes of Alicia Keys.

Femi Kuti - very original, had 2 nominations in the past already, song also featured on some best seller video game soundtracks.

Sade, lighhouse, Seal, chamilonaire, wale e.t.c are non Nigerians.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by boban007: 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
DAGRIN,would ve been close to it or win it but unfortunately,he is dead.dat guy is an icon.I read a memoir abt him & his works written by a white guy in newyork.he was to do a collaborations with 50cent b4 he died.I'm yet to see any african rapper dats good with word play like DAGRIN.I was tripped when I heard him rap confidently in ibo language.may God bless him where he is now.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by boban007: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
DAGRIN,would ve been close to it or win it but unfortunately,he is dead.dat guy is an icon.I read a memoir abt him & his works written by a white guy in newyork.he was to do a collaborations with 50cent b4 he died.I'm yet to see any african rapper dats good with word play like DAGRIN.I was tripped when I heard him rap confidently in ibo language.may God bless him where he is now.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by maintain10(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
@Saxywale u r right on point, Asa, Nneka, Femi Kuti all stand a good chance in winning Grammy, for their originality, Majority of their shows n tours are outside 9ja,
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by 9jafreak: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2012
[size=16pt]Let's be clear folks:

The Grammys is for Americans and Brits. The Jamicans are afforded a small segment for Marley's sake and the whole Pan-African appeasement bullshivism. We saw it with Jay Z, Will Smith and Beyonce honouring FELA with the whole Broadway stunts! Hence Sunny and Femi Kuti's nomination.

Why do you care about the Grammys? Suddenly a white british girl (Adele) who can't even write her own songs sings like thousands of black girls and she sweeps the show.

Like Amy Winehouse did with Back to Black (may her soul RIP)

Asa's natural lottery prevents her. She's born in France not Britain. If she was british, she'll be on 3-5 grammys already. Jailer would have won 2 Grammys and her new album would have gone platinum!

Nneka holds a German citizenship (the Jewish elites wouldn't find that particularly tasteful)
Tuface,
dbanj,
9ice
are just living in pure illusions. But they are all big boys what's the fuss? I think they have a better chance at a Nobel Peace Prize if they start caring more about their own people, 2face excepting!

Asa is Africa's most successful artiste right now. She performs virtually everywhere. Her songs are played in Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea on radio and her video I saw on Hong Kong channel. Plus, she's sensational in Europe where you can find the really best music on earth in my opinion!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
saxywale:
Asa - once heard a song being played in a local pub in Manchester. Her song was also played at a street carnival in Spain with choreograph dancers gyrating to it. Songs popular in Europe

Nneka - song featured on a best seller video game, can't remember the game now. Listened to her last album about 40k feet above sea level on a trip from Paris to Lagos - album listed on Airfrance play list with the likes of Alicia Keys.

Femi Kuti - very original, had 2 nominations in the past already, song also featured on some best seller video game soundtracks.

Sade, lighhouse, Seal, chamilonaire, wale e.t.c are non Nigerians.

Na you sabi. I don't believe in this Nigerians/non-Nigerians ish. Why? Because Asa, Nneka, and Femi Kuti have songs in pidgin? Gimme a break.

By the way isn't this the same Nairaland where members have conveyed time and time again that Nigerians won't win Grammy awards because our songs are in pidgin? Okay ohh.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
@9jafreak

Winning at the Grammys has nothing to do with where you were born or which citizenship you hold and everything to do with talent in my opinion. I hope you know that what you see on tv is not the full list of award winners? Peter Tosh won a Grammy because his anti-apartheid, pro-Africa album was amazing. He's talented. Ali Farka Toure? Talented. Angelique Kidjo, Soweto Gospel Choir, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Youssou N'dour, all talented. Same thing with the Reggae categories. They win Grammys because they're ahead of their counterparts. They're in leagues of their own.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by beespak7(m): 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
Asa will win a grammy i sure of that
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by deolub: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
JESSE JAGZ of Choc city
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by beespak7(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
Asa will win a grammy i sure of that

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Cp_-LG208&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by deolub: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
you guys need to listen to his raps
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by eghost247(m): 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
Lagbaja Femi Kuti Modenine 9ice
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by flexdee(m): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
Femi Kuti has got the potentials, but Asa is not bad to win it as well.

2 face, p square or D' bam oh sorry D'banj can never win the Grammy with their kind of music.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by newguy1(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
I think nneka. Can win I personally don't like r. Type of music no offence I. Tink. She as gain more recognition outside naija dan in r own country she can win
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by shilling(f): 1:34am On Mar 08, 2012
I def think Asa could win one. Or Nneka.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by NaijaInspired: 2:20am On Mar 08, 2012
For Naija Music on demand, visit:
http://www.naijainspired.com/admin/deploy/index.html

Like us on facebook at:
www.facebook.com/naijainspired
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by MyVicky: 4:04am On Mar 08, 2012
Asa, Lagbaja, Panam Percy Paul,
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by tredkiller: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2012
Dareh, because he is original and not a copy-cat. You can only win a grammy by being original . Take a closer look at others, they are all karaoke singers except Asa or the Kutis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

K-Switch Mocks The New MAVIN Label / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / Semah G Weifur & Flavour – "No One Like You" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.