Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,703 members, 7,882,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? (14741 Views)

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD / D'banj About To Be The Biggest Nigeria Musician Worldwide / Do You Think Any Nigeria Musician Can Win a Grammy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by ochibs1010(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2012
WHATS THE FUSS ABOUT GRAMMY AWARD, IT WAS FORMED IN AMERICAN AND PRIMARILY FOR AMERICANS, OUR TRADITIONAL AND SOCI0-CULTURAL ENVIRONMENT INFLUENCES OUR SOCIAL BEHAVIOR VIS A VIS OUR KIND OF MUSIC SO YOU DON'T EXPECT THE GRAMMY COMMITTEE TO APPRECIATE OUR MUSIC TALK LESS OF EVEN NOMINATING IT FOR AN AWARD.

SO IF I ORGANIZE A GRAMMY AWARD TODAY IN NIGERIA I WILL CONSIDER THE LIKES OF FEMI KUTI, SUNNY NNEJI, 2FACE, MOHIT CREW, CHOC BOIS, TIWA SAVAGE, CHIDINMA, IYANYA AND A HOST OF OTHERS COS THERE MUSIC APPEAL TO ME.

I WONT EVEN CONSIDER THE LIKES OF JAY-Z, BEYONCE COS THERE MUSIC MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

9JA IS UNIQUE, OUR MUSIC IS UNIQUE, I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN MUSICIANS COME ON AIR AND SAY THERE DREAM IS TO GET A GRAMMY,
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by mikuz(m): 9:01am On Mar 08, 2012
^
I like your mentality
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2012
9jafreak:

[size=16pt]

Nneka holds a German citizenship (the Jewish elites wouldn't find that particularly tasteful)
[/size]

but Hans Zimmer of the lion king and black knight is a full blooded German and has 4 Grammy's already. So Nneka is a good candidate.

ogugua88:

Na you sabi. I don't believe in this Nigerians/non-Nigerians ish. Why? Because Asa, Nneka, and Femi Kuti have songs in pidgin? Gimme a break.

By the way isn't this the same Nairaland where members have conveyed time and time again that Nigerians won't win Grammy awards because our songs are in pidgin? Okay ohh.

the non Nigerians mentioned never associated themselves with Nigeria. They see themselves as Britons and Americans, who would blame them. Personally, I see nothing wrong with language, Angeli kidjo sings with French and Yoruba, Femi Kuti sings in pidgin and they both got nominations. What matters is originality, what we have most in Nigeria are yamaha keyboard musicians. They can't recognize a semi quaver when they see one.

tredkiller:

Dareh, because he is original and not a copy-cat. You can only win a grammy by being original . Take a closer look at others, they are all karaoke singers except Asa or the Kutis.

Dareh, is that a joke. lol. That guy is an American RnB wanna be musician. He is living in. dream world. After listening to the likes of donnel jones, what has dareh got to offer.

my 2 cent!
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Jomiliny(m): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2012
These are Nigerian musicians that can win the Grammy Award

2face Idibia
Psquare
Asa
M.I

For that Terry G guy he is not singing anything he just making noise and i dont see what people gain in his music.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by djosh4(m): 10:42am On Mar 08, 2012
Black Face!
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by rully2: 10:52am On Mar 08, 2012
Asa
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by UyiIredia(m): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2012
Tuface Idibia & no-one else . . . maybe later.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by fili24: 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
Asa seems to be the closest
Femi Kuti & Lagbaja
they're original.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by charleous(m): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
ASA. thank God she's doing more of English songs. maybeeee. Femi
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by megafusi: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
Grammy award is not just a musical Award! there is something more attached to it.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by megafusi: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ask R-Kelly why he hasn't won it before
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
saxywale:
the non Nigerians mentioned never associated themselves with Nigeria. They see themselves as Britons and Americans, who would blame them. Personally, I see nothing wrong with language, Angeli kidjo sings with French and Yoruba, Femi Kuti sings in pidgin and they both got nominations. What matters is originality, what we have most in Nigeria are yamaha keyboard musicians. They can't recognize a semi quaver when they see one.

That doesn't make them non-Nigerians. Is Sade not using her Nigerian name as her stage name? All of Seal's children have Yoruba names. What else do you want? They have to sing "Eye Adaba" as well to be considered 100% Nigerians too? Lol, they sing in a genre they love. No shame there. If we don't claim them as Nigerians, then we have given them every right not to associate with their country. Chai. Might as well say Obama is not Kenyan.

megafusi:
Ask R-Kelly why he hasn't won it before

He has. Three times.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by dagboss(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2012
Posted by: ogugua88

That doesn't make them non-Nigerians. Is Sade not using her Nigerian name as her stage name? All of Seal's children have Yoruba names. What else do you want? They have to sing "Eye Adaba" as well to be considered 100% Nigerians too? Lol, they sing in a genre they love. No shame there. If we don't claim them as Nigerians, then we have given them every right not to associate with their country. Chai. Might as well say Obama is not Kenyan.

God bless you for this post, both Seal and Shade have never hidden the fact that they are Nigerians if they are based in England and the USA  does not really matter just like when Dr. Alban was making waves in Europe, he never gave the impression that he is not a Naija guy, in fact most of these Naija guys and babes making waves in their different areas of endeavors abroad are even more patriotic and proud of their Nigerian backgrounds more than some Nairalanders who on a daily bases curse and unleash incantations for Nigeria to break up.
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 15, 2012
dagboss: God bless you for this post, both Seal and Shade have never hidden the fact that they are Nigerians if they are based in England and the USA  does not really matter just like when Dr. Alban was making waves in Europe, he never gave the impression that he is not a Naija guy, in fact most of these Naija guys and babes making waves in their different areas of endeavors abroad are even more patriotic and proud of their Nigerian backgrounds more than some Nairalanders who on a daily bases curse and unleash incantations for Nigeria to break up.

Exactly cool
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Ajangbadi: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
Wot's d criteria 4 winning it? Then i can tip..
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by ebamma(m): 7:07am On Apr 19, 2012
asa and paul play are grammy materials
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by emason9: 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Who say nigeria musician can't win grammy because they sing nonsence, some of this america musicians that won it too do sing nonsence song e.g lil wayne, drake, rihanna e.t.c all they sing bout is love, sex, fame, illuminati and party song. Let me tell u something until all the nigeria musicians join illuminati thats when nigeria musicians will win the grammys( illuminati award). Goldie died after ariving from the party award. We should be happy with what we have. God bless nigeria
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by nlmonpoint(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
DOUBLESTAR would with God and New Life Music (NLM)
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Fwidino: 12:50am On Jun 16, 2013
Take it or leave it Nigerians are more talented than most gramy winners...the basic criteria for winnin the award is to join #illuminati
Re: Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
*ignoring the Nairaland rules*
Some of u av said vry wise stuffs, me saying my own point of view would be a repetition. you guys forgot to add Kennis Music's "Essence" shes a song bird too......song bird ko; song buffalo ni. nyc one guys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

K-Switch Mocks The New MAVIN Label / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / Semah G Weifur & Flavour – "No One Like You" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.