Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,158 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ladies: Your Love Life Or Your Career. Must We Choose? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies: Your Love Life Or Your Career. Must We Choose? (929 Views)

Please Advise: What A Life, Or What A Mentality? / Ladies: Your Opinion On Being A Second ,third Wife / Single Parenting, Love, Life And Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies: Your Love Life Or Your Career. Must We Choose? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2007
When i was still studying engineering in school, one cynical lecturer told me engineering was practically a waste on women because we never have what it takes to work as engineers. I was soo mad!! So i set out to prove him wrong. i left school in August and i got a job in October in Abuja without having served. the salary on my appointment letter was 63k. i knew it was too good 2 b true because they just told me they made a mistake and it shld be 35k. Its still good since i have no experience to offer.

my problem is, now my fiance believes that i'm worth more than that and he wants me to come back to ph where he is and get certifications b4 my service next yr february. i believe he just wants me near him since Abuja is no place for a young single lady on her ownabi? i really like the job here but i also want to be where he is.

Although living in Abj i tend to spend almost the 35k in a month i'm wondering whether i should give up such a job that is really what i want to do to go back to Ph because 'His royal Highness' wants me with him. Yes i miss him, yes i want to be with him but do i really have to sacrifice my career for that??

i'm so confused.
Re: Ladies: Your Love Life Or Your Career. Must We Choose? by almondjoy(f): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2007
My career!  Can buy any "love" life with a stable income! Not the sentimental type, but the shopping type!

(1) (Reply)

What Makes You A Real African / Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? / The Best Wedding Proposal Ever-Well Played- Must Watch, This Brought Me To Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.