Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,321 members, 7,888,005 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8312246 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pls do u remember the store, I nid to get baby things too, I also nid d list of the important things to get n corresponding prices, tnx so much

quote author=lioha post=43107534]My experience today

i went to buy baby things today. I didnt go to dosumu instead i went to articles market at trade fair under bridge. Those of us in lagos should know there very well. I would have preferred lagos island but dh warned me not to because of the distance. Mean while I have been pricing most of the items around.

"Madam baby things" "madam baby things" was what i was hearing from every angle When I got to the gate of the market. Finally I decided to fall for one of the women who took me to a shop I know is not hers. There and then the lady we met inside the shop brought out visually all i needed. How much is your "baby bank" I asked, 3000 last she answered. This was what i have been previously told 2 200 in one of the shops I went to price. What about the shawl? 1700 last. Meanwhile some one had already told 1400. Baby bag nko? 4k. Mehn I jejely stood up, carry my big belle, limp like person wey dem just discharge from igbobi comot from the shop. Madam come now, madam come now, for where, no be una see.

As soon as I left the shop, I saw people going in and out of a shop near by, immediately I followed suit. Mehn things were cheap there. After about 30min the lady I met in the previous shop came inn. Ah madam na here you dey buy? She asked. Yes oh! you want kill me with price for ur shop, i answered. Don't you know that i will settle the lady that brought you? She replied.

Lesson
mamas avoid sales agents for ever penny you spend they get share. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is advisable that immediately you miss your period you go and register for antenatal, it doesn't mean you are starting that day, just to book down,, they will give you date to start.congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rejoice03: 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hail mamas!@ozycy am around 4wks plus I don't knw my team yet. This on and off cramps never let me see road.@ginababy thks for always coming to my rescue.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Congrats Nek31 on d arrival of ur blessed LO.
Safe delivery to the remaining mothers.
God's blessings to expectant moms

Vigilante is real sha.. I missed cutie thread yesternight I hope to participate next week.
A blessed day to everyone. E-hugs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Gracioustee1:
Good day to all the preggys and mommas in d house

my question are-
I'm 8weeks pregnant n I'm yet to start antenatal. can I start when I clock 12weeks?

folic acids comes in 5g per tablet, How many tablets should I take? it's my first time

Just one a day is the dosage

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Doczon: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
@limsycutey lol, didn't know it was quite common. Now I know. Thanks to mamafresh for adding to my knowledge smiley

@hajarahbadmus Lol, sooo funny, your son is using you to practice jackie chan and Hollywood stunts... grin Watch out for Part 2. Sorry eh. Thank God you snapped him for evidence. E for be like magic.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hi mums...have been silently following this thread and it makes so much sense.I am seven months gone already, but I can hardly use my ante natal drug cos it makes me sick,have not used any drug since have being preggy. Am very strong and my lil cutie is kicking hard. But the only problem I have is am really addicted to taking coke, I can take 3 in a day, I have tried several times to stop but cant.....please hope my baby is safe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
crystalgem:
Hi mums...have been silently following this thread and it makes so much sense.I am seven months gone already, but I can hardly use my ante natal drug cos it makes me sick,have not used any drug since have being preggy. Am very strong and my lil cutie is kicking hard. But the only problem I have is am really addicted to taking coke, I can take 3 in a day, I have tried several times to stop but cant.....please hope my baby is safe
I don't know about your doctor o. But my own OBGYN told me to stop drinking soda. When I heard I was devastated because I loved Coca Cola so much. He said it was cos of the caffeine in it and that it can cross the placenta to the baby.

Since then, all I've ever drank is water and Gatorade. But I guess soda is okay, like one bottle 2-3 times a week. That 3 bottles per day is equal to 21 bottles a week. That amount of caffeine and sugar is too much for you, not to talk of the baby. Please consider reducing it Abeg.

As per the prenatal vitamins, me sef dey skip am o. The first one I bought made me sick, my doctor prescribed another one that has B6 tablets to curb the nausea, it still makes me sick sometimes. So whenever I don't feel like dealing with nausea, I will just skip it o. Not often Sha. I heard skipping once in a while is not that bad. After all out mothers didn't take prenatals and they gave birth to us healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
MamaOO:

I don't know about your doctor o. But my own OBGYN told me to stop drinking soda. When I heard I was devastated because I loved Coca Cola so much. He said it was cos of the caffeine in it and that it can cross the placenta to the baby.

Since then, all I've ever drank is water and Gatorade. But I guess soda is okay, like one bottle 2-3 times a week. That 3 bottles per day is equal to 21 bottles a week. That amount of caffeine and sugar is too much for you, not to talk of the baby. Please consider reducing it Abeg.

As per the prenatal vitamins, me sef dey skip am o. The first one I bought made me sick, my doctor prescribed another one that has B6 tablets to curb the nausea, it still makes me sick sometimes. So whenever I don't feel like dealing with nausea, I will just skip it o. Not often Sha. I heard skipping once in a while is not that bad. After all out mothers didn't take prenatals and they gave birth to us healthy.
thanks so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
mothers like you need to be flogged, why been careless? Do you think those ANTENATAL drugs doesn't help your baby and you? I hope you will be strong enough to face any circumstances you find after delivery, I'm not causing you but madam you are so careless, when your baby is grown up and not feeling well you will be the one giving him drugs may y you don't take, pray for an healthy baby and good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bintudon(f): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
@crystalgem Weldon on your 3bottle of coke, you can make it 3 crate will be better at that cool

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Iyabetajos[/quote]

Dear mamas can someone please help with answers.

Cc zaynie
Iyebeta jos
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
@crystalgem: God is in control. Folic acid helps to prevent spina bifida in babies especially at first trimester. And d iron tablets hlps to improves ur blood flow cuz ur baby is taking its blood supply from u. Why not try fegem or mumfyer tablets. Dats what am using and it doesnt nauseate me.
Kindly go for an anomaly scan to be on d safe side.
May we give birth to healthy babies. #mother alive #baby alive

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
@crystalgem. . . 3 bottles per day? Are you for real? a bottle of coke has as much as 9 cubes of sugar in it not to talk of other agents that are considered not safe for your system even when you are not preggy. Are you not worried your sugar level might be elevated? if you wont give up coke for yourself, do it for your baby and the possibility of gestational diabetes-this can cause complications at delivery. As for the antenatal vits, something must work for you now haba, speak to your dr bout it. The truth is whether you take these vits or not, baby will take whatever he/she needs from your body and who says you have enough? i honestly don't believe you are serious anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
crystalgem:
You have to stop 4 ur baby sake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
Talking about prenatal drugs. . It's very important. . Even Google says same! !

I was skipping mine until my friend told me about a baby born with a hole in the heart at their hospital because of the mother's carelessness. .she wasn't taking her drugs. ..
Many doctors even advise you start folic acid before conception. .importance of prenatal drugs esp folic acid can't be overemphasised. .. Except you want to be running from one hospital to the other with your baby upon birth. ...
May God protect us and our babies as we do our part..

Three bottles of coke daily? shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Nne, you need to curb that addiction. ..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Where's chinwendym , hope you're good? I miss you here .. You were one of those I admired before joining the preg thread. .

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
MamaOO:

Our mothers may not have taken drugs but I think they took some herbals prepared for pregnant women which served same purpose as drugs we have today... Also, some mothers did take theirs. .then, it used to be given to them at the hospitals free, just to encourage them...

We have many malformed kids in Nigeria esp in the north because the babies lacked the basic nutrients they needed to form well...
Prenatal drugs are highly essential. ..
It's well

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Present ma, as for checking of sex, am team Blue i confirmed dat yesterday with 3D at 21 weeks. Updated Roll Call:

Ajuwarhodes
Iyabetajos
Juliebest
Mitchyy
Christybabe - teamblue
Jamesbridget13
Cutienik
Raptor2
Flourish89
Fearless07

@Ajuwarhodes @Jamesbridget13, e don tey we see una brake light o. Hope all is well?

Has anyone else checked baby's sex besides Christybabe? I planned checking again on Monday. I hope baby can let us see o.

NB: If i skip your name abeg nor vex o. Just remind me to add it. My brain doesn't remember much these days.[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Congrats to all mamas dat v birthed there los,God's blessings and protection upon them Amen, to us pushing mamas it will definetly end in praise in Jesus Name Amen,our ATC sisters ur testimony is sure and we will celebrate with u all,
@ all mamas and papas in the house i greet una.
@ my team mates i hail oh.

team july
sexy mamas

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
PresVA:
Our mothers may not have taken drugs but I think they took some herbals prepared for pregnant women which served same purpose as drugs we have today... Also, some mothers did take theirs. .then, it used to be given to them at the hospitals free, just to encourage them...

We have many malformed kids in Nigeria esp in the north because the babies lacked the basic nutrients they needed to form well...
Prenatal drugs are highly essential. ..
It's well
It's highly essential I know but there's lots of people who can't keep it down. A healthy diet is also key. It's highly essential you take prenatals but if you can't tolerate it, there's nothing you can do.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
I believe there must be one she can tolerate. If the doctor told her her existence depended on it am sure those vitamins will stay down and be tolerable.
MamaOO:

It's highly essential I know but there's lots of people who can't keep it down. A healthy diet is also key. It's highly essential you take prenatals but if you can't tolerate it, there's nothing you can do.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
ginababy:
@Blessedmum, I tink I'm more dan perfect to answer u on constipation issues. Omo! I swim inside constipation 4 d whole first trimester. Hmmm I hated my lyf, alfred of eating, hate nights since it was diff 4 me to sleep, restless real bad, Hmmm I hav 4gotten oda discomfort I had. I complained to my gynea n he said I shud eat more fruits 4 were it was all story story. He also asked me to try changing my prenatal drugs to see which one suits me, na so I completely drop all my drugs ooo bt it wasn't d solution either. Later, a frnd suggested I drink warm Liquid milk every night as at den I was in my early second trimester n constipation bcame story. Wat I'm trying to say is, constipation is a first pregnancy package bt try drinking warm milk at night n see if it will help in digestion. Kpele dear, it wil end soon.

@funmz, I will suggest teaching jobs 4 nw. Although d pay is nt very much bt it depends on ur location n d schl 2. Or go into selling okrika cloths. My 2cent though.

Thanks for d response, I ll try d warm milk and pray it works.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamadsquare: 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
@hajarahbadmus this is for you grin grin
The caption reads: "When there is sudden silence in the house, just know that something's up".

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
eigmaticme:

Dear mamas can someone please help with answers.

Cc zaynie
Iyebeta jos

I am SO SORRY.
I meant to answer you buh got carried away. Ma binu.
I dont have a first hand knowledge. Buh lemme tell u what I know from here.
- cerclage involves having the cervix tied mostly due to cervical imcompetence to prevent miscarriage in the 2nd trimester.
- the procedure is painful buh u would be numbed altho when the anasthesia wears off u will only feel slight pain/ discomfort.
- yes you will need to take some days of for bedrest. I'm not sure if that will be in the hospital or at home.
- i do not know how much it costs.

Pls next time you post a question and no one quickly replies, use the search button at the top of the page. Just type in the keyword eg cerclage and it will bring out everyone that has ever mentioned that word on NL, you can even select a section so u can streamline your answers.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracioustee1(f): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Just one a day is the dosage
thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracioustee1(f): 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
bintudon:
Is advisable that immediately you miss your period you go and register for antenatal, it doesn't mean you are starting that day, just to book down,, they will give you date to start.congratulations
thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Gracioustee1:
Good day to all the preggys and mommas in d house

my question are-
I'm 8weeks pregnant n I'm yet to start antenatal. can I start when I clock 12weeks?

folic acids comes in 5g per tablet, How many tablets should I take? it's my first time

I will advice u start antenatal nw since its ur first. Pls stop self administration of drugs. U can only come here 2 get confirmation of wat ur Dr prescribed to u n nt get any1 here to prescribe, while u administer it on ur own.

@sayoddy, pls can u share d pic of d night gown on ur list? Dis is my 1st tym of hearing abt it.

@d oda mama dat posted d first baby list. On ur list is powder n powder puff. I heard frm new born thread dat powder is nt gud 4 babies n shud nt b used. Expecially ones wt TALC.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
bintudon:
@crystalgem Weldon on your 3bottle of coke, you can make it 3 crate will be better at that cool

I don laff tire for here.
You must be Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoomama(f): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good day maamas,pls I need reviews on thhis malaria drug LONART. Was given today at d hospt after running a malaria test. Pls is it safe? By his grace will be 16weeks tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jamesbridget13(f): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
mitchyy:
@jamesbridget13 Try and be showing face small small so we can be sure you are doing fine, ehn?
Check page 1210 and you'll see a long list of baby items a mama shared. It can guide you in shopping for your baby.

call
thk u very plenty #hugs

(1) (2) (3) ... (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) ... (6963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.