Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,083 members, 7,913,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 06:28 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8361994 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (6967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
isale_gan2: Around the time - same week - this thread was started, I accompanied a friend to her first check-up after confirmation of pregnancy. She was 6 weeks along. I actually thought I had shared that here, with the caveat that the post was not about me, but a friend. Since I can't find my post, I must have gotten busy and forgotten to post my message.

I found out last night that things did not end well. I had exchanged only one e-mail with my friend since the check-up and had not spoken to her on the phone since. I knew in the back of my mind, she complications might develop since she had previously had issues, but her announcing to family and some friends while we were still at the doctor's led me to think she was safe this time. Also, I was preoccupied with my own problems, and simply waited on her to contact me if she needed me - afterall, out of all her family and friends, I was the one she asked to come along on this important and anxiety-ridden day. Little did I know. . .

I called to check on her last night and got an email directing me to her 'diary' (blog, which I hadn't read in a couple of months) since she is too upset to talk. Needless to say, it was a hard read. I felt bad for her. I have messaged her asking why she didn't simply call me so she wouldn't have had to go alone to all the follow-up medical check-ups that she was frightened so of. She will fill me in later.

The below link is my friend's blog. She is a real person. I hope her heartbreaking story helps or educates others.

http://www.thenotsorealhousewife.com/2012/06/month-of-may.html
Very tough. Heartbreaking stuff...the decision to terminate must be heart wrenching, I cannot imagine. As Agiboma once said to one of her patients who lost a child, it may not take away the pain or console her, but the fact she has 3 children already is a great blessing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
@isale_gan2, nice way to direct us to ur blog.
I really don't believee the story though.

Correct me if am wrong, but how possible is it for the woman to start feeling the wiggling and movement of her 12weeks fetus. Also how possible to know the sex of the baby at 12 weeks!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
mogbomoya: @isale_gan2, nice way to direct us to ur blog.
I really don't believee the story though.

Correct me if am wrong, but how possible is it for the woman to start feeling the wiggling and movement of her 12weeks fetus. Also how possible to know the sex of the baby at 12 weeks!

Well, i felt my baby's movement at 8 weeks though people ket telling me that its not possible but i know that tiny flutter. Also, found out my baby's sex at an ultrasound at 14 weeks. Done follow up tests subsequently and its still accurate. I think its too detailed not to be true.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Avatur, I'm praying for u o, wish u safe and swift delivery like d Hebrew women of old, you'll come back with joy, I can't wait oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
I apologys mod, I didn't min anything dirty, som kiys r bad on my fon, I mant d opposit of go, pls pardon m, if u can hlp do d switch, thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Monichilly(f): 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=agiboma]Hi All,

I am starting this thread so we can discuss pregnancy and all the joys, anticipation, expectation and all aspects of this beautiful time in a woman's life.
At times pregnancy can be very difficult and may even become life threatening, when conditions such as pre-eclamsia,gestational diabetes, Incompetent cervix, PPROM etc.  So lets use this space to discuss all aspects of this process.

Nothing in relation to pregnancy is off limits, lets share our experience and support each other in a caring respectful way. Doctors can only give so much advice, but i know first hand peer support is equally important.

So lets start talking!

Below are a list of ladies that have included their delivery dates, lets keep them in mind by praying and meditating and sending them positive energy, I will update the list reguarly, just include the month you are due. I will also update once you confirmed you have delivered. This will allow ladies to see others that are due around the same time as themselves and perhaps you may find a pregnancy "buddy". Its not a must that you include this info to join the thread, we welcome everyone.

1.) Nkkyrules due June 2012
2.) Amarush due March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
3.) IB due April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
4) Mogobomya August 2012
5.) Toyosi Oct 2012
6.) Strita Oct 2012
7.) Uwani Oct. 2012
8.) Igosun Jul. 2012
9.) Jemmibee Oct. 2012
10.) y.me Nov 2012
11.) tessybaby April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
12.) Luvlee May 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
13.) Biddiebest Jul, 2012
14.) Oknee April 2012
15.) Dudugirl April 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
16.) Moran August 2012
17.) Diamondlove Oct. 2012
18.) osikhueme March 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
19.) Babyme Sept. 2012
20) Sweettweet June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
21.) Imboss. Jul 2012
22.) Jibola Nov. 2012
23.) Efemena_xy Febuary 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY GIRL smiley*******
24.) Avatur Due June 2012
25.) OLUWATOSIN Due June 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
26.) Recruitment Due August 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
29.) Jumie Jul, 2012
30.) Otossd June 2012
31.) Bolseas Dec. 2012
32.) Pamperme May 2012 *******DELIVERED A BOUNCING BABY BOY smiley*******
33.) Corrall Dec. 2012
34.) Maran1983 august 2012[/quot
Toyin 26wks 4days due sept 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sasimalia(f): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hey ladies,

I would to join you all. I have never been pregnant so not sure how anything feels. I have been feeling "different" lately and I believe that I am pregnant (finally!!). I got a very faint positive home pregnancy test. I am going for a "pee" test at a pregnancy center next week tuesday and then a blood test the week after. However, our medical insurance does not cover pregnancy or anything related so I am really trying to hold off onto the blood test even though I would love to have some accurate confirmation of this so awaited event. If all goes well and it will, I should be due early March 2013.
I pray for every one of us, who is trying to conceive, expecting or has delivered already, May the Favor of the Almigthy rests upon our households, our bodies, and our hearts!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
@ Sasi Malai, welcome. God will make it permanent in Jesus name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
Avatur, how far na, I've been coming on and off just to check on u, has our LO arrived?if you're on bb, here's my pin:21069534
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
Please, does anyone have an update on Avatur? Its been four days ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by avatur: 4:41am On Jun 26, 2012
Dudugirl, my sister thanks for checking on me oh...our baby is still not here yet, 8 days past EDD now. As of today I am 4cm dilated and still just plenty of regular braxton hicks contractions (having one right now self). I go in again in 2 days and will decide from there if an induction is necessary. Pls continue keep us in your prayers. Thanks a bunch sis. And how is your little madam these days? hope all is well. Godbless!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2012
Avatur, it is well in Jesus name, Amen. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. You will deliver safely and hear the cry of your baby soonest, cheers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 8:46am On Jun 26, 2012
dont worry avatur
d LORD dat put it dere knows it all
prayin 4 u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2012
It is well, God will do it, in his own time, you're in my thots and prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Igosun: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Avatar....pele the lord is your strength, baby is taking time to pack all that is needed to be packed, pele. We shall celebrate soon I.S.A
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
The little Madam is doing well, just a little under the weather, she has a cough, but she'll be fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebony13: 12:14am On Jun 28, 2012
I am going to be here next month! I believe it and it shall come to pass IJN!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otosdd: 7:05am On Jun 28, 2012
He is a miracle walking God, he is d alpha nd omega, he is a miracle walking God. I just put 2 birth a beautiful baby girl dis morning. Labour started around 11.20pm with of nd on pain till about 3.10am wen i had to go to d clinic nd around 4.37am i delievered my angel. Is God ot wonderful people.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2012
Otosdd congrats dear. Its the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sights,congrats.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2012
wow
God has so blessed u
our blessings shall not pass by us too
congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2012
@otosdd, Congratulations and May the Good Lord Preserve ur Family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:25am On Jun 28, 2012
congrats dearie, pls be sure to keep her warm, God bless he for u o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
congrats otosdd, may God's blessing be on us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 11:37am On Jun 28, 2012
@Otosdd, Congratulations to u.

Take good care of our little baby ooo. Wishing others safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 11:44am On Jun 28, 2012
@Otosdd,waowwww i'm so happy for you,my ears have been itching to hear this great news,God bless u and LO.

@Ebony,i say AMEN to ur prayer,it is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
@Otosdd,what's the weight of ur LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumie62(f): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
Otosdd: He is a miracle walking God, he is d alpha nd omega, he is a miracle walking God. I just put 2 birth a beautiful baby girl dis morning. Labour started around 11.20pm with of nd on pain till about 3.10am wen i had to go to d clinic nd around 4.37am i delievered my angel. Is God ot wonderful people.

Congrats otosdd, hes indeed α wonderful God, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ testimony is around the corner too ‎​A̶̲̥̅♍Ε̲̣̣̣̥N!
@ebony, Α big A̶̲̥̅♍ε̲̣̣̣̥n! for you dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebony13: 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
tanks @ Jumie62 and imurboss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
Congrats o, our new mummy. God bless you and your LO.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
My wife is 19 weeks

Yesterday morning she started bleeding whilst at work.

I took her to hospital and later went about some business when I came backing in the evening approx 7pm I asked whether they had checked her for an infection and the nurse /midwife says that they had not received the results of the blood tests yet !! as all doctors have been in another ward all day.

She said she bled quite heavily with thick dark clotted blood also coming out when she urinates.

Last time my wife had a miscarriage at 21 weeks, it was due to an infection that is the reason my mind went straight to the question of infection. It was not until my wife started to shiver with a fever and I alerted the nurses, that they started to get a doctor attending to her.

This morning I learnt that they have started treating her with anti-biotics (she had an infection afterall).

So the Doctors unnecesssarily delay starting anti-biotics for at least 12 hours angry
At the moment baby's heart beat could still be detected, but we are very scared. sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
I pray your baby survives
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hmmmm, where do I start from? I have been a silent observer/reader of this page since my last post. Congrats to all the new mommas in the block. Motherhood is a pure gift from God. I gave birth to a bouncing baby girl on the 9th of this month through CS apparently my cervix is kind of narrow so pushing a baby as big as mine 4.06kg (still don't know what I ate oh) would have been complete torture. Though I really prayed and fasted to God for a miracle. But he knows it all. My beautiful daughter is a constant reminder of his mercies and I really do appreciate other forms of child delivery. Would have really loved to explain in details the whole tight/narrow cervix gist but that will have to be for another day. But am happy I got to experience a little bit of what labour is like, which was very risky. So there you have it. Am enjoying motherhood and loving every bit of it :-)))

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (6967) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Parkiz(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.