Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8287928 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (6962) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2014
IyaderaChuks:
Hello everyone, compliment of the seson. Pls I need ur help urgently. Am 10weeks and I went for scan and was told no fetus in d sack but the doctor ran another pt which still came back positive. Am confused. because 2weeks ago I ran a scn and all was fine with heartbeat seen. Can someone explain it to me pls?

My dear did you do both scans in the same place,if not I would have suggested you go back after sometime to the former place u did it. Above all dear, lay your hands on ur tummy & speak to ur baby, dismiss every negative confession concerning ur lo, ur preggy is there & u shall carry it to term. It is well with us all!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mukht(f): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2014
lovinam:

U can use it and switch after. I think the plus has omega tablets in the pack. I'm not so sure sha.sebamed is good but expensive. If you can't continue just start with a moderately priced product.
tried with with my LO, he kept shifting it and putting his finger, I just ditched it.

Pls, how did you stop him from sucking his finger? Weldone to all mamas and happy new year in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2014
mummy2be:
Proudmama tnx for checking on me,biko who is experiencing pains around joints?my joints have been so painful for weeks now,especially my hand,omo I just wish say I dey my edd no be april Ko easy but I tnk God,how una dey?
M also team april.I also ve pains on my finger (esp) and toes joint,also my wrist.infact,I had to remove my wedding ring with force and pain.I realized it wasn't my size.In all,I ve accecpted my fate for d joy ahead cos different feelings keep showing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2014
URGENT ATTENTION PLS!!!
Please,my body has been itching me for sometimes now. It gets worse in the night that I find it difficult to sleep at night. Even under the highest speed of fan,e no dey go but I notice it's always fair if I put on the AC but no be every time light dey. What can I do please. It's always as if mosquito dey bite me. I'm 36wks+
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2014
Hahahahaha he is still sucking. Will stop hoim at one year. I like that he is sucking his thumb and not tongue. My friend that forced her lo to stop regretted it cos d baby switched to tongue. That's d hardest to stop. My lo sucks when he is hungry or feeling very sleepy.
mukht:

Pls, how did you stop him from sucking his finger? Weldone to all mamas and happy new year in advance

Finally baby wey go suck go suck o no matter what u do. When I noticed it I tried d sucker thing,it didn't work, I tried gloves nada. I just let him be. I read oin baby centre that some start sucking in the womb.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2014
Hernyolar:

It aint easy o...I feel the contractions too,sometimes I purge too making me feel like the baby is about to come out....how about those 'kunfu n Jack Chan stunts' cheesy

Sometimes my joints feels like its about to break..sometimes I pee on myself before getting to the loo....if I cought,I leak,sneeze..I leak...cry

Funny thing is,my husband is a doctor,he will simply say "pele dear,the baby is only warming me up....if warming up is as painful as this...what will the real thing be like oo

I can't even eat now again,the only thing I can tolerate now is very cold Milo..

The Lord is our strength and muscle

hmmm..I will like to know u better.. I am exactly experiencing d same thing. . hubby too is a doctor and when I complain he says it is normal.. sometimes when lo is doing her stunts and gymnastics he says she is praying. . God help me..
he was even making fun of me yesterday when I was having d contractions. . he went to take my hospital bag and said lets go the baby is coming I was just dumbfounded buh I cldnt get angry cos wetin dey do me pass all the jokes hin dey pass..
I eat sometimes like there is no tomorrow and sometimes my appetite disappears. .im battling with indigestion so im avoiding pepper and spices.. im also avoiding milo cos im watching my baby's weight.. I cant shout abeg buh it is this same hubby that is encouraging me to take it with lots of milk. when d pikin scatters d factory now wetin go remain?
haven't been able to kpeus for like 2months now.. cant even stand kissing.. I don dey plan how I will makeup for d lost times.. so I cant afford to let the baby to tear me anyhow..
I take lipton with plenty plenty milk and small sugar. . cwnt stand honey..
wetin remain...also taking red raspberry leaf tea.. heard it helps to tone the uterus thereby helping to fasten labour..
it is well.. I know it will b all worth it at the end.. May God bless our efforts and make everything easy

madam beedam how u dey? how many hours remain?
madam loviam, proud mum, my testimony, sayoberry and all d pushing mama in d house may God make d graduation from being a pushing mama to a vigilantee mama easy..

#team February. .#dancingshoki grin
Hernyolar:

It aint easy o...I feel the contractions too,sometimes I purge too making me feel like the baby is about to come out....how about those 'kunfu n Jack Chan stunts' cheesy

Sometimes my joints feels like its about to break..sometimes I pee on myself before getting to the loo....if I cought,I leak,sneeze..I leak...cry

Funny thing is,my husband is a doctor,he will simply say "pele dear,the baby is only warming me up....if warming up is as painful as this...what will the real thing be like oo

I can't even eat now again,the only thing I can tolerate now is very cold Milo..

The Lord is our strength and muscle

hmmm..I will like to know u better.. I am exactly experiencing d same thing. . hubby too is a doctor and when I complain he says it is normal.. sometimes when lo is doing her stunts and gymnastics he says she is praying. . God help me..
he was even making fun of me yesterday when I was having d contractions. . he went to take my hospital bag and said lets go the baby is coming I was just dumbfounded buh I cldnt get angry cos wetin dey do me pass all the jokes hin dey pass..
I eat sometimes like there is no tomorrow and sometimes my appetite disappears. .im battling with indigestion so im avoiding pepper and spices.. im also avoiding milo cos im watching my baby's weight.. I cant shout abeg buh it is this same hubby that is encouraging me to take it with lots of milk. when d pikin scatters d factory now wetin go remain?
haven't been able to kpeus for like 2months now.. cant even stand kissing.. I don dey plan how I will makeup for d lost times.. so I cant afford to let the baby to tear me anyhow..
I take lipton with plenty plenty milk and small sugar. . cwnt stand honey..
wetin remain...also taking red raspberry leaf tea.. heard it helps to tone the uterus thereby helping to fasten labour..
it is well.. I know it will b all worth it at the end.. May God bless our efforts and make everything easy

madam beedam how u dey? how many hours remain?
madam loviam, proud mum, my testimony, sayoberry and all d pushing mama in d house may God make d graduation from being a pushing mama to a vigilantee mama easy..

#team February. .#dancingshoki

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
lovinam:
Hahahahaha he is still sucking. Will stop hoim at one year. I like that he is sucking his thumb and not tongue. My friend that forced her lo to stop regretted it cos d baby switched to tongue. That's d hardest to stop. My lo sucks when he is hungry or feeling very sleepy.

Finally baby wey go suck go suck o no matter what u do. When I noticed it I tried d sucker thing,it didn't work, I tried gloves nada. I just let him be. I read oin baby centre that some start sucking in the womb.

pikin wey go suck go suck.. I noticed anytime I go for my scan my lo's thumb is always in her mouth.. the doctor calls her a little sucker.. so I don dey expect say when she comes out she might come out wt d thumb in her mouth. . so far she is peaceful with her self sshe can go ahead.. will stop it when im ready..make she come out first..
May God make it easy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
hajarahbadmus:

i

You can send me a pm....good to know you are team February too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
IyaderaChuks:
Hello everyone, compliment of the seson. Pls I need ur help urgently. Am 10weeks and I went for scan and was told no fetus in d sack but the doctor ran another pt which still came back positive. Am confused. because 2weeks ago I ran a scn and all was fine with heartbeat seen. Can someone explain it to me pls?

please go to another doctor to do a re check scan.. I strongly believe ur baby is there and growing.. I reject any plans d devil has.. we shall smile into d new year AMEN!

A patient was rushed to my hubby's hospital 2days ago. she had been in labour for d past 48hrs.. when he asked for her last scan result, d result said d baby was cephalic.. so he ddnt bother doing a recheck with his own machine just in a bid to save d woman's life..
After 3hrs, he was wondering what was wrong he then decided to do a scan for her.. guess what d baby was breech..
he had to do CS for the woman cos she was already losing blood.. Thank God for life..

So my dear go for a re check.. IT IS WELL.. E-hugs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
@hajarahbadmus thanks 4 d mention.Amen 2d prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
yes o, we are moving, Page 300 hmmmmm. we are recovering real fast.

happy new year in advance.
May all the sadness of our lives go with 2014.
May the remaining hours of 2014 be peaceful for us.
May G*d protect and provide for us throughout our lives.
May the coming election not use any of us as sacrifice
May the best candidate that will help and provide food, employment,[b] quality [/b]education (not all these expo education) for the common man win.
May all those ttc be blessed this coming year.
At the end of 2015, we would have accommodated all on ttc thread.
May all preggies deliver with ease
May all with kids be blessed and may G*d provide what we will use to take care of them.
May He give us wisdom to train our kids the best possible way that will make them proud of us all their lives.

can't mention names now so as not to be partial as brain in on recess. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

May the best candidate that will help and provide food, employment,[b] quality [/b]education (not all these expo education) for the common man win.
May all with kids be blessed and may G*d provide what we will use to take care of them.
May He give us wisdom to train our kids the best possible way that will make them proud of us all their lives.

can't mention names now so as not to be partial as brain in on recess. grin wink

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hahahaah heheheheeh see all dem mouth. Pain here, pain dia. Body heavy, bossom heavy. Lol. If una enter labour wetin go happen? We go run commot! Lolll. Abeg shushhhh. Some people don do am 6x notin de happen. U guys just remind me of all our complaints far back. No worry na just small time remain una go carry una fine fine baby!!

@proudmum83. Sebamed price range from soap na 1200- 1700
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
PLS DO NOT FORGET TO PRAY FOR THE TTC SISTERS.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mukht(f): 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
lovinam:

Thanks,I have tried stopping my 6mths girl too. I ll wait till she is a year.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
lovinam:
Hahahaah heheheheeh see all dem mouth. Pain here, pain dia. Body heavy, bossom heavy. Lol. If una enter labour wetin go happen? We go run commot! Lolll. Abeg shushhhh. Some people don do am 6x notin de happen. U guys just remind me of all our complaints far back. No worry na just small time remain una go carry una fine fine baby!!

@proudmum83. Sebamed price range from soap na 1200- 1700
ok thanks dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

Amen ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

Aameen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
CoolOne1:
@everyone, I stay atOjodu axis, wouldn't mind a very good one at Ikeja area. Don't know of any yet.

Are you thinking of Public or Private Hospital? Try Lagoon Hospital, I think they're on Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, Ikeja. I don't know about their fees, but a lot of HMOs use them. Is there anything wrong with the hospital you currently are at?

BTW, everyone, please all the doctors in my life (from GP to Consultant Gyno to Pedatrician) are not telling me to take Pregnacare (they did put me on Iron (Fergon), Vitamin C and Folic acid. I asked one and he said "why? Eat healthily and do your best to get enough nutrients". Since they're all family/family friends, they can call my mum and even tell her what to give me (I suspect they do, she forces fruits and veggies down my throat). Maybe it's because they're trying to avoid overloading my appendix (I'm just guessing, I have zero idea). So, has anyone not taking Pregnacare and how did it go?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IyaderaChuks: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
@kaffy4, thanks for your advice but I didn't bleed one drop.I did the first scan cos I was to travel to the east gor the holiday only to get here nd my cousin asked her husband to check me generally since he is also a doctor. No complains watsoever but I will wait till am back to lag to be sure of things cos I don't trust this doc.
@hajarahbadmus. I appciate your advice will follow it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

Are you thinking of Public or Private Hospital? Try Lagoon Hospital, I think they're on Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, Ikeja. I don't know about their fees, but a lot of HMOs use them. Is there anything wrong with the hospital you currently are at?

BTW, everyone, please all the doctors in my life (from GP to Consultant Gyno to Pedatrician) are not telling me to take Pregnacare (they did put me on Iron (Fergon), Vitamin C and Folic acid. I asked one and he said "why? Eat healthily and do your best to get enough nutrients". Since they're all family/family friends, they can call my mum and even tell her what to give me (I suspect they do, she forces fruits and veggies down my throat). Maybe it's because they're trying to avoid overloading my appendix (I'm just guessing, I have zero idea). So, has anyone not taking Pregnacare and how did it go?

Iron in pregnacare is nt sufficient, that's y we don't prescribe it. Folic acid, fergon,fruits and vegs r wat is best in preg then lots of fluids...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
IyaderaChuks:
@kaffy4, thanks for your advice but I didn't bleed one drop.I did the first scan cos I was to travel to the east gor the holiday only to get here nd my cousin asked her husband to check me generally since he is also a doctor. No complains watsoever but I will wait till am back to lag to be sure of things cos I don't trust this doc.
@hajarahbadmus. I appciate your advice will follow it.

Ok dear,a repeat scan @ a trusted facility is the best.. all the best wit u and d baby plus travelling in first and last trimester nt too advisable if it can b avoided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
kaffy4bill:

Iron in pregnacare is nt sufficient, that's y we don't prescribe it. Folic acid, fergon,fruits and vegs r wat is best in preg then lots of fluids...

Thanks for this. I'm a worrier by nature (which is why even my doctor told my SO to keep me away from over-reading on pregnancy grin) I'll check it out if I need calcium and other supplements. They did my blood test 2 weeks ago, everything looked fine.

Happy New Year in advance, ladies and gentlemen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CoolOne1: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
@onegai, well I want to change cos of location and secondly, I want a very good hospital that manages high risk pregnancy. I had HBP in my first pregnancy which I lost at 23weeks.I am yet to take in again but I want to put in adequate measures before I take in. @sayoberry, pls are u based in lagos??if yes, which hospital did u use.Kindly help a sister.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

Doctors dont prescribe pregnacare. . because it just contains a little of all the essential nutrients u need as a pregnant woman. that was what my gnae told me and she is a consultant. when I told her I was using pregnacare she told me to increase my iron and folic acid and vit c intake cos the body needs more than what pregnacare is offering. she also included calcium. . she said more iron is needed cos as a preggy woman ur pcv has to b on a certain level for u to b safe from anaemia. thats y most doctors will prescribe drugs that contain more iron..
pregnacare is just common amongst preggies cos rather than take 3-4 tablets u just take one and u still get all d nutients u need..
so there really isnt any prob.. just eat well and use ur drugs..
I hope this helps..happu new year

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
CoolOne1:
@onegai, well I want to change cos of location and secondly, I want a very good hospital that manages high risk pregnancy. I had HBP in my first pregnancy which I lost at 23weeks.I am yet to take in again but I want to put in adequate measures before I take in. @sayoberry, pls are u based in lagos??if yes, which hospital did u use.Kindly help a sister.

HBP in preg is quite repetitive. Am based in Lagos and a nurse in one of the federal hosps,if nt for location, wil advise u use a gud govt hosp like lasuth,luth or any Lagos state hosp close to u once u take in, worked wit lagoon too b4 and they have a gud obs&gynae mgt but u hv to pay as a private patient except if u r covered as HMO patient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CoolOne1: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
@onegai.pls what do u suggest I do before pregnancy?secondly, do u have success stories where u work as a nurse for women with Bp issues before pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
CoolOne1:
@onegai.pls what do u suggest I do before pregnancy?secondly, do u have success stories where u work as a nurse for women with Bp issues before pregnancy?

Hi, I'm not the nurse, Kaffy4bill is. Massey or Island Maternity is a good place to get specialists (my brother is there as a doc), but they have poor facilities. Lagooh Hospital is good, but pricey. What you can do, is get a referral to a particular doctor at GH Lagos Island (because Kaffy4bill, no kill me o but you know how those matrons are if you don't know anyone, my sister used to cover ante-natal ward at LUTH and she used to lose her temper at them for bullying new mums).

CoolOne1, please try GH Lagos Island or a Federal Hospital if private isn't affordable. Try and relax, change surroundings (when I went to visit my MIL, I was headache-free for 3 days) or pick up a hobby (my friend knits, another crochets, one gardens, me I love art and DIY creative stuff. We also did salsa when not pregnant and learned musical instruments for fun, nothing was expensive to do. It doesn't have to be church-involved too, so the less people organising it, the more fun and relaxing it is for you). Check your diet as well, try being as organic as possible (reduce your intake of soda, white sugars, processed food, frozen chicken). Stay blessed and Happy New Year.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

Hi, I'm not the nurse, Kaffy4bill is. Massey or Island Maternity is a good place to get specialists (my brother is there as a doc), but they have poor facilities. Lagooh Hospital is good, but pricey. What you can do, is get a referral to a particular doctor at GH Lagos Island (because Kaffy4bill, no kill me o but you know how those matrons are if you don't know anyone, my sister used to cover ante-natal ward at LUTH and she used to lose her temper at them for bullying new mums).

CoolOne1, please try GH Lagos Island or a Federal Hospital if private isn't affordable. Try and relax, change surroundings (when I went to visit my MIL, I was headache-free for 3 days) or pick up a hobby (my friend knits, another crochets, one gardens, me I love art and DIY creative stuff. We also did salsa when not pregnant and learned musical instruments for fun, nothing was expensive to do. It doesn't have to be church-involved too, so the less people organising it, the more fun and relaxing it is for you). Check your diet as well, try being as organic as possible (reduce your intake of soda, white sugars, processed food, frozen chicken). Stay blessed and Happy New Year.

Don't wori sweet I wwil do notin of such, not all matron do dat. I work in luth to b specific and we sure hv gud success rate of mgt. Just stay healthy and b sure to book as early as u can for adequate care and monitoring... one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

My husband won't let me take pregnacare too..I use calcuim,folic acid,ferrous sulphate..and vitamin C(the white one)
Since he's a doctor,he knows what's best
And I think its best we follow their advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onegai:

My husband won't let me take pregnacare too..I use calcuim,folic acid,ferrous sulphate..and vitamin C(the white one)
Since he's a doctor,he knows what's best
And I think its best we follow their advice

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (6962) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.