Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,083 members, 7,913,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 06:28 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8361994 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (6967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2012
Gen BUhari, it really is a pity, i wish you and your wife all the best in your endeavours to get another child; sorry for your loss.

@all, hope we are all doing great, i cannot wait to bring this baby out, the stress is something else. I cannot sleep at night these days because of body pains all over, it is well sha. Take care.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baby6: 9:27am On Jul 17, 2012
@udoka2,
so happy for you, am so glad u have been moved from TTC here.
Sorry, my welcome is belated, but my prayers is that in the next nine month or less than, ur song will change.
am hapi for u sista, accept my congratulation alredy.
i prayer that God will give u double for your trouble,
and will make u forget the shame of ur youth.
my sista, i look forward to the next nine month with u.
in my prayers u are.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
@Genbuari,hope madam is recovering fast. Regards to her,it is well.

@Otosdd,thanks a lot n I trust ur LO is doing just fine.As for me,mother n baby are doing just fine,still trying to cope with d sleepless nights though enjoying motherhood.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
Thanks imurboss,
We thank God she is recovering quickly she is just a little week from loss of blood and is taking multivitamins with Iron.
imurboss: @Genbuari,hope madam is recovering fast. Regards to her,it is well.

Thanks madam.
maran1983: Gen BUhari, it really is a pity, i wish you and your wife all the best in your endeavours to get another child; sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the advice agiboma. smiley
agiboma: @ GB once your wife is 8 weeks then demand for a referral.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2012
@ GB please also take the time to mourn with your wife the loss of your child. she may also feel a little "blue" from the decrease of the pregnancy hormone. I lost a baby @ a similar gestation a few years back and i must say that i did not feel "blue" at all it was more or less a full blown depression so please look for signs in your wife. Both of you have been through a lot and just take it slowly and day by day.G-d will sure;y give you a reason to smile again and the sounds of happy little feet running around the house is your families portion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:28am On Jul 20, 2012
SOOOOOO QUIET HELLLLO OUT THERE
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 20, 2012
@agiboma,
Iam sorry to hear about your own loss and I know it stays with you even after many years.

My wife appears to be putting on a brave face, but I feel she is devastated deep down as she has not yet gotten over the last time we lost a baby at 21 weeks gestation in 2002.

Thanks for the advice and supportive words, I will continue to keep a close eye on her mood and health.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 4:58am On Jul 20, 2012
Hello Genbuhari, I'm so very sorry for your loss, would haVe poSted since, but how do you console a man that just lost his child, my prayer is that God will replenish you and give you strong and healthy children, aCcept my sympathy once again, @ imurboss, wow, I'm soooo happy for you. How are you enjoyin the vigils as I'd like to call them, enjoy them, they grow up so fast,so enjoy every single moment with her/ him, congrats,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 5:21am On Jul 20, 2012
@dudugirl they r really vigils. My 2month old daughter is a bundle of joy, as mch as she dosen't give wahala like so many babies d vigil is annoying. Bt am really tryin to wnjoy evry moment wit her b4 I knw it she'll soon be all grown up. Imurboss so happy to hear ur birth story, I like ur faith, tk cr of u $ d lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2012
@genbuhari, for A̶̲̥̅̊ while, av been short of words, av been reading all the posts but couldn't find any word(s) to use to console Ʊ but deep down in me, I know A̶̲̥̅̊ greater miracle is coming. Sorry dear, God will prove himself in ur life again and dis time, it will be permanent.

Please, where is cuteruth o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nenepea(f): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2012
Hi Mummies, hope you are doing well.I have been a silent follower of this thread and I am grateful to God that I have a reason to post now. This is the 22nd week of a much desired and happy to receive pregnancy smiley this is my second 'journey of love' My first baby is 3.
The first 3 months was not easy at all! Even though I didn't experience any vomiting or sickness(praise God!) I suffered EXTREME weakness, loss of appetite and couldn't take any liquid except it was ice cold. My husband was so scared! I praise God am over that now. Except for the normal backache, kicks and punches from my 'super thumper' and the usual Braxton hicks contraction now and then, am doing well, am so surprised at how strong I am! Have started Ante-natal, am also taking my supplement.

During my first pregnancy,I had an intense craving for sweet and junk food which I foolishly over-indulged in, I also did not exercise much so it resulted in a big baby and my petite frame could not handle it so I had to have a CS(which I don't regret seeing that I and my baby are alive)
So by the grace of God, am trying to eat well and moderately, more veggies and fruits, lot of water, rest and exercise. I believe God that this time, I will not be induced, no long labour and no CS and I pray the same prayer for every Mum to be here. We will deliver like Hebrew women, super naturally, we will not enter the labour room but go straight to the delivery room where we shall joyful give birth to our bundles of love and come back here to testify of the Lord's faithfulness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2012
@ afrobaby, I still dey o and still pushing my big tummy around but gradually the journey is coming to an end.
@all, am fine and congrats to all the new mummies and the remaining one of us will deliver Safely in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
With my first baby, i had a small tummy and thus a small baby. Now, everyone is on my case for me to eat as if i am deliberatly trying to starve. I have a better appetite now than i had then yet the tummy is still small. All the food i eat go to my own body. I have added 10kg wich is 1kg more than the last one and i am not close to term yet. These people shld leave me alone jor.

Everyone (extended family members) who visit bring enough soup and pounded yam to feed my street. I eat it o but they still feel i am not eating. Abeg, i don tire for food.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eggy(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hope i wont spoil the mood? anyways,

We lost our pegnancy cry @ 19weeks to what the Dr referred to as 'PPROM'(Preterm premature rupture of the membrane).
A really terrible experience as my wife's water broke(we initially tot it was just urine) for apparently no reason what so ever, labour had to be induced as the babies had no chance of survival due to the resulting shortage in amniotic fluid levels. Previous scans and check up showed all was as shld be expected.

The Drs were unable to give us a clear cut reason as to what triggered the rupture undecided, the best they cld postulate was that it happens, and its more common with multiple pregnancies(we were expecting twins).

Need all the advice/input we can get

known triggers are;

1) stress,(we were just lying in bed chatting when it occurred as such i ruled it out )

2)UTI (she was recently treated for this @ 12 weeks and the DR ruled it out),

3)cervical incompetency(which was also ruled out as her cervix were still closed 32 hrs after rupture)

4)multiple pregnancy (we were expecting twins)

Am yet to fully come to terms with our Loss but my main interest is how to prevent a re occurrence ... any 1 with useful tips should pls feel free to drop a hint or 2.

I personal suspect the malaria medication we were given a week b4 the incidence (LONART) although the Dr said it cldnt be as we were in our second trimester, I am yet to be convinced, as i mysef get knocked out by the LONART drug how much more a permeable membrane like the amniotic sac. more over, a couple of people have shared cases of miscarriages after taking malaria medication(hence my mere hypothesis)

Need ans as well as success stories frm peeps with similar incidence who went on to have full termed babies after miscarriages due to PPROM.

God bless us all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:37am On Jul 21, 2012
eggy: Hope i wont spoil the mood? anyways,

We lost our pegnancy cry @ 19weeks to what the Dr referred to as 'PPROM'(Preterm premature rupture of the membrane).
A really terrible experience as my wife's water broke(we initially tot it was just urine) for apparently no reason what so ever, labour had to be induced as the babies had no chance of survival due to the resulting shortage in amniotic fluid levels. Previous scans and check up showed all was as shld be expected.

Sorry for your loss, g-d is faithful and will soon fill your heart with joy and the sounds of little feet running all over your house. The answer to your question is not simply. I guess you are located in Nigeria, where medical know how is not so advanced. Anyway even though the water has broken the babies can still be alive for the fact that cervix did not open i cant understand why they dlivered and induced labour. I know many women that had their water break at 17 weeks, 19 weeks with twins also and the babies are both alive today. This happened in Canada, they had a "dry birth". PPROM is hard to explain the only prevention is possibly taking progesterone supplements next pregnancy to avoid it. In any pregnancy if the water breaks in secound trimester the mother is started on antibiotics to prevent infection and usually placed on bed rest. I am afraid the medical advice you got to induce labour was not good advice at all. When they scanned the babies after the water broke did they have a heart beat?nIf they had a heart beat you should have been told about your options. How was your wife's bp during the pregnancy? remember every pregnancy is different.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 9:55am On Jul 21, 2012
@ GB & Eggy, so sorry abt your loss, d Lord will wipe ur tears and replenish u in a million folds,

He wld make ur joy full.

I give God the Glory, had a baby girl on Thursday night, we are all doing very fine, will be discharged dis evening,

when one thinks of d labour pain, u 'll never want to go close to a man,

Thank God for life, there is a way one just forgets abt the whole episode of pain after seeing the bundle of joy,

For everyone trusting God 4 dis kind of joy, it is ur time to testify...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eggy(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2012
Hello aigboma,
Yes we are in nigeria,
As regards the labour inducement I will like to leave that for another day/thread(as I am on a healing path), all the consultants were all of the same opinion that dis syndrome or that syndrome is a high possibility (if we are eventually able to manage it up till 34) also we were informed labour will set in within the next 48hrs or more.
As regards the progestorone we where Initially placed on it for 4weeks (due to initial Spotting @6-7weeks).

Her BP was ok

I NEED POST TERM(miscariage) ADVICE...as we move on to prevent a reocurrence

R....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TCD: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2012
agiboma:

Sorry for your loss, g-d is faithful and will soon fill your heart with joy and the sounds of little feet running all over your house. The answer to your question is not simply. I guess you are located in Nigeria, where medical know how is not so advanced. Anyway even though the water has broken the babies can still be alive for the fact that cervix did not open i cant understand why they dlivered and induced labour. I know many women that had their water break at 17 weeks, 19 weeks with twins also and the babies are both alive today. This happened in Canada, they had a "dry birth". PPROM is hard to explain the only prevention is possibly taking progesterone supplements next pregnancy to avoid it. In any pregnancy if the water breaks in secound trimester the mother is started on antibiotics to prevent infection and usually placed on bed rest. I am afraid the medical advice you got to induce labour was not good advice at all. When they scanned the babies after the water broke did they have a heart beat?nIf they had a heart beat you should have been told about your options. How was your wife's bp during the pregnancy? remember every pregnancy is different.
hello sister, I admire the job you're doing here but I think you're being wrong here. You don't know the full medical history of the patient and the real clinical picture as at the time this incident occurred. You can't just sit behind a computer and pass judgment without all the facts. It's not nice at all please. Stuffs like this might seem innocent but have far reaching consequences as the patient might decide to wrongly sue the doctors based on your short-sighted views. And in such a situation nobody wins, the doctor and patients spend money in a case that could drag on for years. Frustrations set it and the doctor can't understand why he or she is being persecuted for doing his job.

Let me play "devils" advocate here. This PPROM occurred at 19 weeks, more often than not in latest 2 weeks time 99% of cases will have gone into spontaneous labour. Delivering twins at say 21 weeks. At that you'll need a very sophisticated NICU to cater for the twins for months and months. Which is very very very expensive and most often such children born very premature have some forms of mental or physical disability. Infact I don't think there is any NICU in Nigeria capable of taking care of such premature babies. This is Nigeria ma'am not Canada.

In clinical practice, what we do is when such PPROM occurs at maybe 30 to 32 weeks, we try as much as possible to push it to 34 weeks when the fetal lungs will at least be ready with enough surfactant to breathe. This process is also sped up using steroid injections. We try to delay labour as much as possible using tocolytics. Even at that when we manage to push it to 34weeks its prayers that the neonatologists will be able to keep that baby alive. Sometimes with miracle they succeed other times they fail.

PPROM occurring at 19 weeks hasa very very very poor prognosis even in Developed countries. For you to say you know "MANY" women who have have live babies today with PPROM at 17-19 weeks I am 100% sure you exaggerated.

Hope you get what I've tried to clear up. This isn't an attack in anyway please. If it's taken as such, then I apologise in advance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:50am On Jul 22, 2012
^^^^ No offence taken. But lets be clear on this PPROM issue, my stance is that medical professionals in Nigeria as especially too quick to throw in the towel and tel women they should terminate the pregnancy in issues of PPROM arising in mid secound trimester, for example 17 week, 19 weeks etc. Their is a frequent poster on here who shared her story of PPROM in Secound trimester and she was also told to terminate the pregnancy, she did not listen to medical advice and carried her son to term. If it can happen to her in this Nigeria then it can also happen for someone else. I am well aware of the risk to both mom and baby when PPROM arises early, but we are not g-d and miracles can happen and it did for a poster on this thread. I hope many others will read her story and look towards her positive outcome for encouragement. In my life i have 2 frineds that waters broke @ 17 weeks with a single baby and 19 weeks with twins, the babies where born early and spent time in NNICU but they are alive today. All the things you said about complications and developmental delays etc are true, but i am here to tell you that is not the case for everyone. Yes i dont know the circumstances behind the delivery of Eggy babies but ii feel the need to share this information perhapes it will help anther person in the same circumstances make an informed decision.
@Eeggy the only thing i can think of is to take progesterone up until term @ 37 weeks next pregnancy. I had anotherfriend that had PPROM @ 27 weeks and her secound pregnancy she was overdue, perhapes it can help you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 22, 2012
Congrats biddiebest.
Thank you for the supportive words.

biddiebest:
@ GB & Eggy, so sorry abt your loss, d Lord will wipe ur tears and replenish u in a million folds,

He wld make ur joy full.

I give God the Glory, had a baby girl on Thursday night, we are all doing very fine, will be discharged dis evening,

@ eggy
Sorry for your loss.
God has his reasons and I am sure he would make you joyful very soon.

How is your wife? , make sure you keep an eye on her and monitor her health.

@Dudugirl01 & afrobaby,
Thanks for your support and prayers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TCD: 6:39am On Jul 22, 2012
agiboma: ^^^^ No offence taken. But lets be clear on this PPROM issue, my stance is that medical professionals in Nigeria as especially too quick to throw in the towel and tel women they should terminate the pregnancy in issues of PPROM arising in mid secound trimester, for example 17 week, 19 weeks etc. [b]Their is a frequent poster on here who shared her story of PPROM in Secound trimester and she was also told to terminate the pregnancy, she did not listen to medical advice and carried her son to term. If it can happen to her in this Nigeria then it can also happen for someone els[/b]e. I am well aware of the risk to both mom and baby when PPROM arises early, but we are not g-d and miracles can happen and it did for a poster on this thread. I hope many others will read her story and look towards her positive outcome for encouragement. In my life i have 2 frineds that waters broke @ 17 weeks with a single baby and 19 weeks with twins, the babies where born early and spent time in NNICU but they are alive today. All the things you said about complications and developmental delays etc are true, but i am here to tell you that is not the case for everyone. Yes i dont know the circumstances behind the delivery of Eggy babies but ii feel the need to share this information perhapes it will help anther person in the same circumstances make an informed decision.
@Eeggy the only thing i can think of is to take progesterone up until term @ 37 weeks next pregnancy. I had anotherfriend that had PPROM @ 27 weeks and her secound pregnancy she was overdue, perhapes it can help you.
It's all good passing information but calling evidence based medical treatment "bad medical advice" is wrong. Yes cancer doesn't kill everybody some even have recorded spontaneous regression, does that mean offering chemo and radiotherapy to a cancer patient is bad medical advice? There are no absolutes in medicine rather treatments are formulated based on what has been scientifically observed and worked for majority.

There are very dangerous risks involved here, you're dealing with human lives. Maybe one person here claims to have carried a 19 week PPROM to term (which the odds are very low) the problem with all this my friend this, my friend that, they will never tell you about the majority who have died taking that same risk and lost their wombs and tubes to infections. When that happens to you, its only "oh sorry" they will tell you and "Our God is a miracle God he knows why this happened, he can give you triplets with damage tubes " while giving you stories of friend's friend who had bouncing baby boys with no tubes. When all comes crashing you're left on your own to bear the consequences. If worst happens and she dies, taking a very big risk will you be happy to have such weighing on your conscience? Believe me, it's a terrible feeling.

The clinical picture for every situation varies. People should not be relating A's experience to B's as one tiny detail could be the difference between survival and death.

To all the women in this thread, I wish you safe deliveries, one of my professors used to say, pregnancy is not a disease, it's not a sickness and our women shouldn't be dying. He had an artist paint a picture of a pregnant woman in a protective shield and several arrows each labelled with a different medical condition pointing towards the woman in the protective ball, he'll carry this artwork around then tell us, it's your jobs to see these arrows coming from afar and stop them anyway you can. That is the mindset your doctor has, he's looking far ahead of you trying to see those arrows coming and his priority is to keep you alive and whole. Where there is life, there is also hope for more children. 

Peace to you all and safe deliveries.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Congrats biddiebest.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Happy Sunday to all the Mummies in d House. Have a Great Week
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
blank: With my first baby, i had a small tummy and thus a small baby. Now, everyone is on my case for me to eat as if i am deliberatly trying to starve. I have a better appetite now than i had then yet the tummy is still small. All the food i eat go to my own body. I have added 10kg wich is 1kg more than the last one and i am not close to term yet. These people shld leave me alone jor.

Everyone (extended family members) who visit bring enough soup and pounded yam to feed my street. I eat it o but they still feel i am not eating. Abeg, i don tire for food.

hello blank. I dont see any reason why you should over eat just to get a big tummy oh.that your tummy is small does not mean u will have a small baby and how small is the small u are talikng about here? For me, if you intend to have natural birth, its better to have a baby that is not so big.once children are born, just give them a few weeks and they grow so so chubby, eccept if its in their narure to be small.
Please make sure you eat enough food for you and to cater for the needs of the growing baby in you and once your are ok, do not let anyone force u to overeat. I have a sister that has never had a big tummy during pregnancy. By the time people start noticing she is pregnant, she is ready to give birth in her ninth month but she has never had small babies, infact her last last baby has to be taken out thru c-section cos the baby was over 4kg but she never had a big tummy. I guess she just ate some things that made the baby to put on so much weight so please watch it. But dont starve yourself oh.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:36am On Jul 23, 2012
Blank dear, i want to agree with mightlove. My first baby weighed 3.8kg and my tummy was not so huge, infact people kept on telling me i would have a small baby bla bla bla. With this second one my stomach is huge, but surprisingly, my baby is not so big according to a scan i did at 35 weeks! I am not bothered as i know babies tend to blow up after their first month of delivery. Do take care and be healthy. Cheers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
still here, counting my days
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Help me tell them o. I am due soon but when i wear my clothes i look like i just have a big tummy doesnt look pregnant at all. When i gave birth to my first son, people didnt believe that i was so close to delivery cos my tummy was so small and then he came out and weighed 2.3kg and people were blaming me. Although, he was 5 weeks early but doesn't stop them.

Now, they are practically force feeding me. The funny thing is that, i am the one adding the weight and the more weight i add, the les my tummy is visible. God dey sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
I need to add, is it possible to lose 500grams while pregnant? With all the food i am eating, when i went for antenatal, it showed that i had lost 500grams in 3 weeks. I am not planning on telling anybody cos that will be more ammunition but what do you think is the cause? The doctor checked and saw that everything was fine. I went home and checked and i actually did lose weight. undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2012
@Blank, I think it's normal to loose weight.

I have been lost 3kg (6.6 pounds) this mth. Eating has become a big chore for me. My tommy has become so tight, tht food cannot pass through. My doctor is not worried though. Am happy though, cos I gained a lot in my first/2nd trimester. Went from 65kg (143 pounds)to 78kg (171pounds). Am currently 75kg.

37 weeks and getting tired. I pray baby comes at 38/39 weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 7:03am On Jul 26, 2012
Mogbomoya, we are birth buddies. I was 37 weeks yesterday, I'm just so tired of this huge weight on my waist and pelvic. I have made up my mind that once I am officially 38 weeks I'll throw in the towel, cannot wait to deliver and be myself again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Odunnu: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2012
GenBuhari: @isale_gan2,uwani,Toyosi R, jumie62,
Thanks for the supportive words.

When I visited my wife this morning she was very poorly, although her water had broken, the tiny baby had not been washed out and had instead risen up in the womb and remained there.

On speaking to the doctors, they said that my wife was no longer contracting and they were gradually giving her more hormone to help her start contracting again.

Thank God by approx midday today the baby was still born, she was perfect but tiny; her body from head to her buttocks is was probably the length of a large mango (but thinner); with her legs included she was not much longer than the length of my hand from my finger-tips to my wrist.

A catholic priest in the hospital came and gave the baby blessing and prayed for her gentle and innocent soul.

My wife was continuing to bleed and midwife has given her an injection to stop the bleeding, whilst she was given more blood on a drip. The placenta and afterbirth were throughly removed she would likely be kept in hospital for many more hours whilst her health , blood pressure , temperature, bleeding etc are monitored.

Our concern now is that my wife recovers her health and strength and thank God she is being looked after well by the midwives and doctors.

May the almighty grant you strenght to overcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mightlove(f): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
@diamondlove:how u dey? How do you feel these days? I believe much better. Has the nausea and vomitting stopped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (6967) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Parkiz(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.