Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8288320 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) ... (6962) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
rollykotex:
lets digress a bit.....

mamas, i have had serious problem shaving down there because of my growing Tummy and back ache,i can hardly bend. I use veet hair removal but i can hardly see what in applying and mirror hasn't helped me much. i don't like keeping a bushy below and im sure hubby wont really be cool with it too.

I spoke to my friend about it and she said her hubby does the shaving whenever she's pregnant and sometimes when he wants to indulge her. in her words" after all,its his workshop so he's always welcome there to do whatever he likes."
It sounds somehow to me asking hubby to shave me,dunno how he'll react sha if i tell him but its kinda funny.

so my question is,how do you mamas shave with ur bulging tummy and whats your take about hubby doing the shaving. Pls share your opinion. Thank u in advance.

With hair removal u can still do a lot now. Throughout my preggy days I used shaving stick and a mirror and I had a very big tummy. Sometimes I put one of my legs on d toilet seat to get the 'under' part well. Dh categorically told me he can't do it d first time I asked for help so I had to do it myself throughout.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
Team February cappo nd ny fellow teamiesss, hope una dey fine ooo, as nobody ask of anybody,, i say make i greet una,,,, make una remember say our edd month is a month of love ooo, so make una dey show love,,, happy sunday to ya all nd all d preggy mummies out there,,, plus d ttc mumss, we shall testify......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ilyfavoured:
Saabi mamas. Good morning o. This thought has been bugging me lately and need advise on how to go about it. NO JUDGING PLEASE IF YOU GOT NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY JUST WAKA PASS.
In this type of environment and with our culture is it possible to raise a child 'genderless' i.e the child won't be referred to as either a boy or a girl till the child is of age to decide what he/she wants to be. I know it's gonna be tough, the child will be dressed in unisex outfit initially afterwards as the mother deems fit, will do whatever you the child wants or as the spirit directs. Do we think it's possible and won't backfire?

And the reason for this is

Was the child born with indeterminate sex and you want to wait till they are old enough to decide which of the sexes to retain?

Are you in nigeria? if you are.... eeeeeee go hard oh!
We are not that advance in that kinda thinking.

You will need to register a sex on the birth certificate and other identification documents, to register in schools at any age and I do not think you can legally re-asign sexes in nigeria.

How do you intend for the child to associate in school. Basic things like which toilets or changing rooms to use can cause a big issue, if they are neither male nor female. You also cause an identity issue which may cause long term psychological issue.

Plus Nigeria is notoroious for bullying such, let him/her not be called names like sisi-brother, he-she, IT and other derogatory name.

Also, when is old enough? In my opinion a child is still a child till you are 18 at least. So any decisions can be argued that they are not mature and not informed enough. Plus if you going to wait till the child is 18, you run the risk of major psychological issues, teenage years are hard enough when youare either a boy or a girl, it probably is best not to complicate things.

If You are thinking of asking a 7 year old if he wants to be a boy or a girl, this is ridiculous as they are unable to understand the gravity of such a decision.

My only advise is to pray for guidance, pick one sex as early as possible in infancy and leave it in God's hands.

If you are out of nigeria, in North America, and Western Europe then you may stand a chance. As those cultures are more accommodating.

If you are considering this for any other reason....
( sorry i cant help oh.... you need Jesus, such wisdom is beyond me.)

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
rollykotex depends on your hubby o, there is no big deal in asking him to shave for you mine has even been asking to help me shave cos it's bushy but I'm not just ready jare.

How are you and little one doing? It's going to be supernatural delivery for us dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
I agree with ur friend also.personally whether pregnant or not hubby does d shaving for me.
rollykotex:
lets digress a bit.....

mamas, i have had serious problem shaving down there because of my growing Tummy and back ache,i can hardly bend. I use veet hair removal but i can hardly see what in applying and mirror hasn't helped me much. i don't like keeping a bushy below and im sure hubby wont really be cool with it too.

I spoke to my friend about it and she said her hubby does the shaving whenever she's pregnant and sometimes when he wants to indulge her. in her words" after all,its his workshop so he's always welcome there to do whatever he likes."
It sounds somehow to me asking hubby to shave me,dunno how he'll react sha if i tell him but its kinda funny.

so my question is,how do you mamas shave with ur bulging tummy and whats your take about hubby doing the shaving. Pls share your opinion. Thank u in advance.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
For those wanting to join or ask questions,, pls feel free,, its a new week,,,, and for those waiting to see more quarrels,,,,,it wont happen again God willing,,, it has passed..... happy new week everyone,,,,, for now im out,,, lemme goan watch Anambra governorship debate on channels tv

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
mummyjayson:
Team February cappo nd ny fellow teamiesss, hope una dey fine ooo, as nobody ask of anybody,, i say make i greet una,,,, make una remember say our edd month is a month of love ooo, so make una dey show love,,, happy sunday to ya all nd all d preggy mummies out there,,, plus d ttc mumss, we shall testify......

Sorry teamie, we no forget you but to type is an issue for me these days, hope Jayson is kicking well? Happy bumping ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jellos: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
It is obvious you people are not grateful to God for life and children. Why not praise God with all these vigor instead of worshiping the devil with your anger and unnecessary outburst? Can't you correct one another in love and peace? It is ONLY the living that can praise God.......Don't boast in evil but in God. It is a New Dawn for those that believe. I am inviting all to shiloh 2017- December 5-10.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esha01: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
missmalachi:

grin grin grin grin ya jindadi? I am not hausa but speaks d language little by little
Alhamdulillah. Ya gida? Ya yaran Ki? smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
rollykotex:
lets digress a bit.....

When i am pregnant, hubby does the shaving, only problem is after the shaving he will be doing like dog wey dem dey dangle bone for em front undecided undecided he must collect reward lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ... doesn't sound somehow to ask for help, who else can you ask if you don't ask him?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
curvilicious:
Mamas, help I've not been getting strong kicks for some days now. Just brisk movements. Whenever i sit i get thugs up my tummy towards my ribs like when someone is pushing you nd saying oh shift na. Is it normal @ 31weeks? Sometimes i feel the place is no longer big enuf to swim nd tumble as before dunno sha angry

Cc: Zaynie
Ahnie
Alk mamas present

Hello Cappo, some days are slow, when i have this kind of feeling like movement is slow, i drink a glass of cold water or yoghurt and lie on my left, the kicks come and i get reassured. Try that.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
rollykotex when I was pregnant, I shaved in front of a mirror. I even hung it in the bathroom for easy access and was using shaving stick. Hubby wasn't around so I did it myself.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
mitche15:

My curvi cappo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you don't want tear and you were shacking tea and hollandia anyhow bah cheesy cheesy cheesy don't worry only small tear you hear?

Wucked somborri cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
mitche15:

Hello Cappo, some days are slow, when i have this kind of feeling like movement is slow, i drink a glass of cold water or yoghurt and lie on my left, the kicks come and i get reassured. Try that.

Ok will try
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
missmalachi:
I agree with ur friend also.personally whether pregnant or not hubby does d shaving for me.

Kweeeke!
Wehdon sa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
i have been on this thread for relatively long time and this is not the first time such big(almost unending) fight has happened.When majority people choose to ignore the fight and focus on the importance of the thread,the fight die a natural death.
The best set of friends i have presently are from this thread.i cant have an occasion without them coming to support me if i had banter words with them am not sure that will be possible.I have nothing less than 20 monikas here who we both know ourselves down to our residential houses n support each other.
please all this hate and venom will only cause harm than good.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Itissettled3:
Curvilicious,

Lie down on ur left side, If he kicks or move 10 times in 2 hours then all is well.

Remember he doesn't have much space to do all those somersault like before but please if you have any fears, visit the Dr. Don't feel you are over doing it, take this from someone who did at least 18 scans when she was pregnant.

Yes! When i lie on my left he will be scattering my leftside like a squirrel digging a hole for sometime then just stop! patapata
shocked 18scans gaba daya? Ahhhh I've onky done one. Our sonographer for hospital too dey comot from ovice
Thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin if he does not take of it,who will
curvilicious:

Kweeeke!
Wehdon sa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
thotianna:

My able cappo how far?
Did you reduce your food intake or are you stressed?
I was told that stress and thinking too much cause hormones to cross Placenta and affect baby's liveliness, I dunno how true it is though. A relative told me so.

Your relative might be right cos I've been down somehow cos dh has been making me feel uneasy for somedays
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Some pple re born with trouble no doubt walahi..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
I guess it wasn't a biggie for me cos I've left that work for him since we got married. That's the only way to do it before you will cut your labia grin

rollykotex:
lets digress a bit.....

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
lafia lau
esha01:

Alhamdulillah. Ya gida? Ya yaran Ki? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mandysmum: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
OMG! A mod notorious for banning is viewing this thread. Let the ban commence grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ahnie, Benignasweety, FloraEC, Itissttled3, Mitche15, Thotiana, Naomi14 et all thank you so much for your input kiss kiss kiss

Maygauardi aka pweetiebabe, how our bobo?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
mandysmum:
OMG! A mod notorious for banning is viewing this thread. Let the ban commence grin

Yayyyyy i cannot wait cos they refuse to stop let mod stop them

Ps i believe if everybody jump nd pass this matter for don die natural death but some just choose to continue dragging.

Mama AlphaHandMaiden, i love ur reply to that lady/oga as regards sexless child. God bless you ma kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rollykotex, you can seat legs astride on a stool, plastic chair or bed with a mirror wedged in your laps and shave. You can also standing if you have a walk in bathroom with a long mirror.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mandysmum: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
curvilicious:

Yayyyyy i cannot wait cos they refuse to stop let mod stop them

Ps i believe if everybody jump nd pass this matter for don die natural death but some just choose to continue dragging.

Mama AlphaHandMaiden, i love ur reply to that lady/oga as regards sexless child. God bless you ma kiss
The new moniker above needs to be banned. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) ... (6962) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.