Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,263 members, 7,887,761 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8311675 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (6963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by splendour4love(f): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
tchiwinnie:
D truth s dat d dr i was using then gv me salbutamol, i wasnt so comfortable so sought a 2nd opinion. D 2nd dr told me i may nt b needing it, dat i shld tk it only if d contractions become painful and den report to d hsptl. D contraction never became painful before term so i didnt tk d drug.

The same opinion was given to me but my Dr kicked against it. But I think I will do what is best for me. Thanks for your candid response. smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by splendour4love(f): 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
MGeey:
I was having similar pain in my lower abdomen throughout yesterday(like menstrual cramps kind of) and I'm 25wks. I just noticed dt it has reduced today. I pray all is well.

Pls see ur Dr. If it continues. It's well dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Iffffffy:
I bless the Lord God that I serve, he has decided to show me mercy, I did a real test and ve been confirmed pregnant again. To him be all the glory.
congrats! happy 9 months.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 12:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Tchwinnie I noticed you are strongly against agbo. May I ask why please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 1:33am On Feb 18, 2015
Knock knock. Who de house? Sleep no gree oh since 12 just knack. Na wa o. All this pregnant women de sleep. Ok o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 1:42am On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:
Knock knock. Who de house? Sleep no gree oh since 12 just knack. Na wa o. All this pregnant women de sleep. Ok o.

you are not alone ohhh, I am here very much awake grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 1:50am On Feb 18, 2015
lala4sure:

you are not alone ohhh, I am here very much awake grin

How e de do you? Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 2:51am On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

How e de do you? Lol

No sleep yet ohhh so i engage in movies grin how i go do na? i'm alone so that makes it even worse
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 7:26am On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:
For me ooooo,my experience in ethnobotany in this country Nigeria, ll not make me prescribe agbo(herbs) for children esp babies that can't talk .either by drinking or as soap or cream or bathing........sure there are active ingredients for the cure but u never can tell the quantity,the best method of preparation of the very component you need.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:
cos d baby's kidneys and liver re still delicate and may nt b mature enough to metabolise and excrete them.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hablus(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2015
Hello pushing Mama's,my fone has been faulty for some months now,i go by d name olaoyekemi bt am using a friends fone now. Av really missed u all,mornin sickness don stop tanks 2 ur advice back den tchwinne bt d tin really show me shege.now in my 23rd week bt my spitting bank no wan dry& am really getting tired.i went for my 2nd scan lastwk& it read thus,longititudinal,plancenta in fundal position,bpd =58mm, fl=38mm pls sabi mama's can u intetprete dis result.june pls were are u o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 11:43am On Feb 18, 2015
@sayoberry hw body,thanks 4 checking on me am 16weeks gone.I had issues some month back and was told after a scan that one aborted itself.so am just doing my tin jejejeje and hoping 4 d best.wishing u and all mama safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2015
beedam:
I greet everyone. No be if all people suppose delay birth story. I'm so sorry.

I have a lot on my hand and as a FTM,its not been easy. I no get mama,my hubby no dey around and I cum get lazy,useless and wicked MIL.

I had to send my MIL back to her place after I suffered in her hand. I ate biscuit and tea for a week after delivery cos of my hand pain which didn't allow me cook and MIL no cook for me. now I ve left lagos for ibadan(my papa house) wen I couldn't bear the wahala alone. So please bear with me. I'm writing it in bits and hopefully by next tomorrow I will post it. Thanks fir the mentions and messages.

Please, my baby no dey belleful o. He doesnt even play at all. If he isn't sleeping then he must be eating else ba to dey scream remain. Dem say na "OKA" dey worry am which I don't know the English name but when he cries vein will show well on his head and also on his stomach and I heard it will make baby not to develop. Please help!

Thanks to everyone!
sis pls plan ur things next without MIL av learnt my lessons too.herbs are used for d treatment of OKA ori but if U don't want agbo some people use silver bed inwhich a doctor told me is nt good.so just feed well and feed d baby well.it is well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
We have dat oka thing in hausa too,but couldnt remember d name.i used to take my siblings 2 a yoruba woman who mixed some herbs powder with water or manshanu and put it on d veins and d mother is given some herbs too to boil and drink.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Beedam I de see you oh. So na so u take abandon your friend. Dia riz God o.

I just feel like crying. No one to help me. I am so tired. I washed sone baby clothes and have not been able to press them. By the time I finish house chores body don tire. I habe not packed my bag. Am just so sad. My joints hurt.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
modath:
@Lala,
Pele, I know its not easy. Try zobo with GINGER, it might not totally eradicate it,but it will help reduce the frequency&make sure you brush or gaggle with minty toothpaste after each vomiting episode.
Reason being that the bile being thrown up erodes the teeth enamel after a prolonged period, I never linked the extra gaps that emerged in my dentition to vomitting throughout kid 1 & 2's pregnancy till I stumble on the info online.

@beedam,
I feel for you on the no mum situation cos my mum becomes my glorified maid after childbirth. Do you have a close aunt or sis? On the oka thing, I am of the opinion that.
A) baby might be colicky or
B)your milk isn't filling cos you weren't getting adequate nutrition and therefore the milk production may be impacted.

@Isa's mum,
Congrats in arrears.

@splendour,
Discontinue any medication that presents any uncomfortable side effect & ask for a 2nd opinion, I was placed on dat drug when I had this kind of episode but it was for a few days.

@imurboss,
You are a real boss lady, no F was given. wink

@General House,
I tuale for efribodi.. Na joy go end for us ALL

hahahaaaa! tank u grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

I just feel like crying. No one to help me. I am so tired. I washed sone baby clothes and have not been able to press them. By the time I finish house chores body don tire. I habe not packed my bag. Am just so sad. My joints hurt.

Sorry mama, don't u have a sibling or any relation around you to help?If u must do the work u do it bit by bit to avoid breaking down o,kpele.It will soon be over
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
imurboss:

Sorry mama, don't u have a sibling or any relation around you to help?If u must do the work u do it bit by bit to avoid breaking down o,kpele.It will soon be over

Nobody o. My lil cousin dat helped me first trimester is in school. I dont have a sister. No friend. Infact one woman trying to get close to me has been offering to come help. I refused. D first day she came she ended up lying on d couch like madam nd I had to mk food for her. So when she said she wanted to come help I said no. I dont need any stress right now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
imurboss:
The heat is serious ooo, @31wks plus, to walk na wahala,getting so tired lately. I was climbing the overhead bridge today on my way to the market & at a point I have to sit on the stairs for like 10mins to ease the pains on my legs & the tiredness before I could continue my journey, see the way people were passing & looking at me, me no just send anyone at that moment o. Mehnn it isn't easy o. God will see us through
Hahaha, no be small thing o. It shall all end well by God's grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

Eeya, sorry dear. Pls as much as possible, dont let depression set in. Play good music to urself.Sing songs of praise to God, tk urslf out. just tk it one step at a tym. And rmbr d bundle of joy u re carrying, rmbr ur testimony. cheers

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ehiblessing(f): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

Nobody o. My lil cousin dat helped me first trimester is in school. I dont have a sister. No friend. Infact one woman trying to get close to me has been offering to come help. I refused. D first day she came she ended up lying on d couch like madam nd I had to mk food for her. So when she said she wanted to come help I said no. I dont need any stress right now.

My dear I feel u I was in d same situation when I put to bed, pls dnt stress urself too much take it one at a time, d first thing I did was to make sure I had food stuff at home, cook and freze I just microwave it and eat
Before I sleep I make sure I put water in kettle arrange my baby bath then clean everything when I wake up I just put water on fire then first pour d first one in my flask so I wud nt boil water in d evenin then I put another one on fire when my baby wake I bath her dree her and breastfeed when she starts sleeping I quickly go and bath I sit on my toilet and wash d few clothes dat was use a day b4 then I quickly eat then dress. So I can sleep
I dint sweep anywhere in my hux 4 1mth except my room and d kitchen make sure there is wastebin in ur room so u won't litre tins on d floor, dat was how I survive oo, pls dnt stree urself drop everything and relax when ur body gives u a sign dat its time to rest. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MiracleMum(f): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

You can cry a little, it helped me. when the stress was too much and I thought of how life could have been easier assuming my mum were still alive - I cried, but after crying I was relieved and strengthened to conquer the situation. If you have ironing board, get a chair and sit beside it and iron the clothes. That's the trick I used oh. For the bag, put everything on the bed, sit comfortably and pack the bag. yours is only the joints that hurts, I am going through red degeneration from multiple fibroids and that means serious pains. I still have to drive to work every 7:30am with the pains and return by 9pm - stop at a night market so I can cook when I get home. You have to be strong. Please be encouraged!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

Sis I can feel ur pains, pls take it as step @ a time, it's well wit u. R u in lagos?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
MiracleMum:

You can cry a little, it helped me. when the stress was too much and I thought of how life could have been easier assuming my mum were still alive - I cried, but after crying I was relieved and strengthened to conquer the situation. If you have ironing board, get a chair and sit beside it and iron the clothes. That's the trick I used oh. For the bag, put everything on the bed, sit comfortably and pack the bag. yours is only the joints that hurts, I am going through red degeneration from multiple fibroids and that means serious pains. I still have to drive to work every 7:30am with the pains and return by 9pm - stop at a night market so I can cook when I get home. You have to be strong. Please be encouraged!!!

It's well my sis, u r rily doing gr8. Pls increase ur fluid intake as it helps a lot, had same episodes last preg but nt witnessed any in dis. God b wit us all.. pls take it easy as much as u can
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
beedam:
I greet everyone. No be if all people suppose delay birth story. I'm so sorry.

I have a lot on my hand and as a FTM,its not been easy. I no get mama,my hubby no dey around and I cum get lazy,useless and wicked MIL.

I had to send my MIL back to her place after I suffered in her hand. I ate biscuit and tea for a week after delivery cos of my hand pain which didn't allow me cook and MIL no cook for me. now I ve left lagos for ibadan(my papa house) wen I couldn't bear the wahala alone. So please bear with me. I'm writing it in bits and hopefully by next tomorrow I will post it. Thanks fir the mentions and messages.

Please, my baby no dey belleful o. He doesnt even play at all. If he isn't sleeping then he must be eating else ba to dey scream remain. Dem say na "OKA" dey worry am which I don't know the English name but when he cries vein will show well on his head and also on his stomach and I heard it will make baby not to develop. Please help!

Thanks to everyone!

Nt easy to nurse a baby alone wit nobody to help,most pple dat complain of OKA in d hosp cums in wit dehydrated babies. Pls don't give agbo to ur baby, lot of children hv kidney problems now and the liver is stil too young to detoxify dose substances. Feed well, increase ur fluid intake, nurse ur baby every 2hours. If u r nt lactating well, u can supplement wit formula to allow ur baby to feed and grow well. Its well sis, enjoy ur pples company... my love to LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
ehiblessing:

My dear I feel u I was in d same situation when I put to bed, pls dnt stress urself too much take it one at a time, d first thing I did was to make sure I had food stuff at home, cook and freze I just microwave it and eat
Before I sleep I make sure I put water in kettle arrange my baby bath then clean everything when I wake up I just put water on fire then first pour d first one in my flask so I wud nt boil water in d evenin then I put another one on fire when my baby wake I bath her dree her and breastfeed when she starts sleeping I quickly go and bath I sit on my toilet and wash d few clothes dat was use a day b4 then I quickly eat then dress. So I can sleep
I dint sweep anywhere in my hux 4 1mth except my room and d kitchen make sure there is wastebin in ur room so u won't litre tins on d floor, dat was how I survive oo, pls dnt stree urself drop everything and relax when ur body gives u a sign dat its time to rest. Goodluck
she never born
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
mytestimony:

it is well sis,going tru same tin I just tnk God husby have been of great help,i have nobody here but God have been faithful,just do it little by little the Lord is our strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Nt easy to nurse a baby alone wit nobody to help,most pple dat complain of OKA in d hosp cums in wit dehydrated babies. Pls don't give agbo to ur baby, lot of children hv kidney problems now and the liver is stil too young to detoxify dose substances. Feed well, increase ur fluid intake, nurse ur baby every 2hours. If u r nt lactating well, u can supplement wit formula to allow ur baby to feed and grow well. Its well sis, enjoy ur pples company... my love to LO

He is dehydrated but I still don't know why because I eat well and I produce breast milk well well. I don tire sef. Some say don't give formula yet,some say give formula. Which one person go follow now?

Mytestimony, I no forget you o. Me never understand this vigilante work ni . Infact,i dey vex with all senior mamas. Dem no tell me say na like this e dey be o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks all for the encouragement. I feel so loved and blessed to have a family like this. I love you all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
beedam:

He is dehydrated but I still don't know why because I eat well and I produce breast milk well well. I don tire sef. Some say don't give formula yet,some say give formula. Which one person go follow now?

Mytestimony, I no forget you o. Me never understand this vigilante work ni . Infact,i dey vex with all senior mamas. Dem no tell me say na like this e dey be o

R u sure he latches well wen feeding, u can try expressing nd bottle feeding to see o much he take per feed. He nid to feed well to b hydrated. As much as I don't support formula feeding, the baby nids to b hydrated nd if u r nt producing enuf, u nid to supplement. If u tink u r, den try expressing nd bottle feed him 2hourly. Pele sis, welcome to the motherhood club,the vigilante is all abt d pain and joy of motherhood, pray we all reap in gudness
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MiracleMum(f): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
kaffy4bill:

It's well my sis, u r rily doing gr8. Pls increase ur fluid intake as it helps a lot, had same episodes last preg but nt witnessed any in dis. God b wit us all.. pls take it easy as much as u can

Thanks sis, I'm taking a lot of it. I just have this week though. should off-load by next week. I cant wait to

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
My fellow mama's abeg o make una no tire for me,e be like say now way I don enter 30weeks all d things I didn't experience in my first trimester don come o,nausea on another level,am hungry but notin tastes good,am now very emotional,i cant even do anytyn am so weak,mama's make una tell me watin to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (6963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.