Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,165 members, 7,913,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:33 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8362302 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (6967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kendraloops: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hafsat24, wow!! touching story there. I can only imagine what your mum went through. terrible. but I often wonder why Nigerians don't go the adoption route if they want more kids. I remember discussing with some women who were pressurizing me to get pregnant then, that I want to adopt. they screamed and said "ah, God forbid o!! It can never be like having your own child o". I was surprised that day sha. thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate.

euphorbia, lol. dem suppose sue that hospital o!! Tor, if I have twins or triplets self, wetin I go do? Life goes on ni. thanks a lot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kendraloops: 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
The abbreviations on this thread na die. For jjcs like me, I just don't gerrit. bfp, bs, lo and so many like that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eseshafere(f): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new here, just discovered I am 4wks gone already and its also my first. Can u guys help me out on what to do and how to go abt it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ManchyBabe: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
Thanks alot zaynie..

The issue is I have tried severally to push food down my throat but I end up throwing up, that's the only time I throw up.

No food interests me at all, in the first few weeks I ate well, then I noticed I started detesting the food one by one. Am only left with beans, Eba with Ogbono and yam. Which am scared to eat because I will hate it immediately.
And this meals has to be cooked only by my husband, no one else embarassed cry

I hate all junk foods now, not a single one is appealing.

My doctor suggests I take fruits but I hate all them too asides mango & grapefruit.

Has anyone experienced such and hope till I regain my appetite it doesn't affect the fetus?

May God HELP US ALL.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Megilicious(f): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
ManchyBabe:
Thanks alot zaynie..

The issue is I have tried severally to push food down my throat but I end up throwing up, that's the only time I throw up.

No food interests me at all, in the first few weeks I ate well, then I noticed I started detesting the food one by one. Am only left with beans, Eba with Ogbono and yam. Which am scared to eat because I will hate it immediately.

My doctor suggests I take fruits but I hate all them too asides mango & grapefruit.

Has anyone experienced such and hope till I regain my appetite it doesn't affect the fetus?

May God HELP US ALL.

Hmmmm u just av to eat oh 4 d sake of ur baby pls. Is dis ur 1st Preg? D lord is ur muscle pull dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Megilicious(f): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
ManchyBabe:
Hello mummies,

Who do I register with & how much is my due payable oo.

HELP!

Ftm here, after ttc for (5 Longggggg years) #Team march# 14weeks

Please I have noooo appetite, I can go a whole day without eating. It started with me hating most food (mind you I didn't experience MS), just natural hatred (food aversion). All my best food are now worst and I don't want to hear the names, my Doc suggest it's psychological, that I have to learn liking them one at a time again..

I HATE FOOD INSHORT! embarassed angry

Na soooooo oh, e do me 2, my best food then wud stare @ me 4 wks n I 2 will stare @ it, bt cook it? Once I en vision d smell wen I am abt 2 cook it, I just put off fire.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
kendraloops:
Hafsat24, wow!! touching story there. I can only imagine what your mum went through. terrible. but I often wonder why Nigerians don't go the adoption route if they want more kids. I remember discussing with some women who were pressurizing me to get pregnant then, that I want to adopt. they screamed and said "ah, God forbid o!! It can never be like having your own child o". I was surprised that day sha. thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate.

euphorbia, lol. dem suppose sue that hospital o!! Tor, if I have twins or triplets self, wetin I go do? Life goes on ni. thanks a lot.

have you tried adopting before? the process can paralyse a crippled man

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:
Hello everyone, I'm new here, just discovered I am 4wks gone already and its also my first. Can u guys help me out on what to do and how to go abt it

Welcome on board,Wishing u hapi and healthy bumping. Start taking folic acid one tablet daily and iron tablets too. Eat healthy and take lot of fluid

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:

Congrats, wish u a healthy pregnancy period. Happy bumping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kendraloops: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
favoredgal:

have you tried adopting before? the process can paralyse a crippled man

loool!! seriously?? Then, that's a tough matter o! Thought it would just be matter of much paperwork, visits to your residence to determine how fit it is for the child and little little things like that. maybe I watch too many foreign movies then.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:
Congrats dear. you are the last born now .welcome you onboard

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:
Congrats dear. you are the last born now .welcome onboard

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
Pls help me, am feeling so sick n tired. Nausea has gotten d bst of me n t happens 24/7. Vomits any time of d day even at nights. My legs av bn cold/warm dt signals malaria. What shud I do ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:

Welcome mama.
Follow Nurse Kaffy's instructions and you r good to go.
Also avoid unnecessary stress.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
mubzay:
Pls help me, am feeling so sick n tired. Nausea has gotten d bst of me n t happens 24/7. Vomits any time of d day even at nights. My legs av bn cold/warm dt signals malaria. What shud I do ?

Ehya sorry. It will soon end in praise.
If you really feel malarial symptoms then you should see your Dr.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
zaynie:

Ehya sorry. It will soon end in praise.
If you really feel malarial symptoms then you should see your Dr.
tnk u ma. Av resolved to go 2mrw.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone, it's been a while i posted on this thread. I pray for safe deliveries for our mamas by God's grace. By the way I'm on my second missionary journey due in November by God's grace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
grin

Sorry.

It's not that I'm laughing at you sha.
Just that I know the feeling.

You'll be fine. Eventually.
ManchyBabe:
Thanks alot zaynie..

May God HELP US ALL.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Welcome to all newbies in d building.have a stressfree preggie/easy delivery@fulterm.
@ all greetings.mehn so tired to type.wer all my teammates enta o?hope u all are doing well.very soon we too go countdown smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ManchyBabe: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
Megilicious:

Hmmmm u just av to eat oh 4 d sake of ur baby pls. Is dis ur 1st Preg? D lord is ur muscle pull dear.

Yes it my first pregnancy.

Thanks am trying my best. cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ManchyBabe: 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
cococandy:
grin

Sorry.

It's not that I'm laughing at you sha.
Just that I know the feeling.

You'll be fine. Eventually.

Coco's I hope so.

It's just not looking that way cry
Thank You.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Havefaith222: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Thanks to all who welcomed me oo,I dey very grateful..I have come again wit plenty quessions too,abeg make Una no vex.because of the loss I had in may(stillbirth @7months)my doc is suggesting a cerclage to be done to hold the cervix,pls who has gone through this?I'm soo worried and scared.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
kendraloops:
The abbreviations on this thread na die. For jjcs like me, I just don't gerrit. bfp, bs, lo and so many like that.

We dey code am so people won't just gerrit easily tongue

BFP = Big Fat Positive (Positive pregnancy test result)

BS = Birth Story

LO = Little One (Our babies)

Now you gerrit mehnnnnn.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
eseshafere:

Happy bumping....

Sabi mamas will rescue you...I be fresher too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
@Mumbzy, just take it easy enh! It is well. I was there too but gradually getting better. I can now eat little at a time. Liquids dobhelp me sometimes though, eg, ginger beer, malt and anyone that can be tolerated. Then most importantly, I took Camomile tea, one bag twice daily. It will only help can you for a while. Just bear it, it won't last too long.

Hmm, see me encouraging People O, me wey be say na so so cry cry I dey cry come hia. I don dey port small small. yanga go soon reach parmanent site grin grin.

Welcome to all the newbies, yes nah from March go reach May una be my junior, so una must to pay cos I still be ......#yangaliciousTeamFeb.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyomomo(f): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
Havefaith222:
Thanks to all who welcomed me oo,I dey very grateful..I have come again wit plenty quessions too,abeg make Una no vex.because of the loss I had in may(stillbirth @7months)my doc is suggesting a cerclage to be done to hold the cervix,pls who has gone through this?I'm soo worried and scared.

My sister don't be scared, it's beta to cover all angles humanly possible , in all God has d power to Make all things beautiful.
My doc suggested d same, I had PROM at 19wks last year, so dis time around it was I dat reminded my doc about d cerclage he mentioned last year, so he has scheduled to have it done,at 13-14wks
Wit d cerclage there might be more dan d usual no of scans to monitor d cervix, one still has to take things very easy o or be on bedrest depending.
My dear CANCEL fear and haveFAITH 222 timx more dan u have now.
It will end in praise by God's grace, we shall carry our babies come 2016. Amen!

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kendraloops: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
tyconcepts, I gerrit now. thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
tyconcepts:

We dey code am so people won't just gerrit easily tongue

BFP = Big Fat Positive (Positive pregnancy test result)

BS = Birth Story

LO = Little One (Our babies)

Now you gerrit mehnnnnn.

grin
Make I add small grin

DH-Dear Husband

DD-Dear Daughter

DS-Dear Son

BTDT-been there done that.

MIL-mother in-law

SIL-sister in-law

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
.very soon we too go countdown smiley [/quote] grin.very soon we too go countdown smiley [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
.very soon we too go countdown smiley [/quote] grin.very soon we too go countdown smiley [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
tatacherie:
Welcome to all newbies in d building.have a stressfree preggie/easy delivery@fulterm.
@ all greetings.mehn so tired to type.wer all my teammates enta o?hope u all are doing well.very soon we too go countdown smiley

Present Ma, doing very well..tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithfulwife(f): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
Havefaith222:

Don't be scared, it is a very brief procedure. I had mine done at 14weeks. It is a 15 to 20 mins procedure. The only downside is no intercourse after the procedure until cerclage is removed before delivery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (6967) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.