Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,790 members, 7,918,523 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:22 AM

Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars (17926 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / Nigeria Senators Squabble Over Call For Saraki’s Resignation / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by eghost247(m): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2012
Ok
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by manmustwac(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2012
And you nairalanders will be making meaningless statements like. Only God will save Nigeria. God will punish them. God help us. Na only we can help ourselves and fasting and praying will not do it.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by sojimade(m): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2012
See there bunch of fools. We de complain say country de hard. Yet dem still get mind go buy prado, if BOKO catch you, i no know no de oooo
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by slimshady1(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2012
I pity ths country. Oh hw i wsh d boko rams will mke looters their targets, wasting them like toilet paper thn i'd donate my entire savings to them. PDP is Phucked! Abeg Fashola should contest for presidnt come 2015 jor. That dude has earned my vote already!
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by ibelab(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2012
is it possible in nigeria

Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by queensmith: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2012
I believe the problem is that senate's have a local influence given they are closer to the people than the presidency, this might encourage the idea that they should be compensated frivolously. What Nigeria needs is a watchdog completely independent of the government to set regulations on the excessive government spending. I believed the fuel subsidy removal was a result of the world bank trying to encourage austerity measures, why have they never suggested a 100 percent cut in government expenditure? Forgive me if they did and I didn't get the memo, but this government sure has a way of putting the needs of it's people on the lowest point of priority.
How does it benefit the needs of the many when the senates drive expensive cars up and down? Why are we soo foolishly materialistic? We don't even buy things we need. Government officials steal money and buy absolute rubbish! what is this nonsense?
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by zinosleek(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2012
The day BH start taking down these guys, they ll earn more sympathizers.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Raxxye(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2012
I cry for Nigeria. These guys are mindless. Imagine these excesses in the midst of the poverty in the land.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by presido1: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2012
I laugh " In taking back our country and revolution"

Hard truth/fact: Nigerians missed the opportunity some 40 yrs ago. And the opportunity might not come again for most of us here to witness. Let us live with it.

Thanks Seun for creating this forum for us to keep on denying the opportunity missed.

Let Jona and his boys/guys do what ever they wish with our collective "one Nigeria" wealth some of our fathers gave them the platform to r*pe us while we fight ourselves.

Sai "One Nigeria"
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Arosa(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
queensmith:

I believe the problem is that senate's have a local influence given they are closer to the people than the presidency, this might encourage the idea that they should be compensated frivolously. What Nigeria needs is a watchdog completely independent of the government to set regulations on the excessive government spending. I believed the fuel subsidy removal was a result of the world bank trying to encourage austerity measures, why have they never suggested a 100 percent cut in government expenditure? Forgive me if they did and I didn't get the memo, but this government sure has a way of putting the needs of it's people on the lowest point of priority.
How does it benefit the needs of the many when the senates drive expensive cars up and down? Why are we soo foolishly materialistic? We don't even buy things we need. Government officials steal money and buy absolute rubbish! what is this nonsense?

Good idea, that dog should be very mean with red eyes.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by temi900(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2012
We are in a deep mess in this country. I can only pray that God in his infinite mercies will position somebody that will put his/her foot down and lead the ordinary citizens out of this shocking and drowning level of corruption. shocked shocked cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by queensmith: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Arosa:

Good idea, that dog should be very mean with red eyes.

lmao! you are soo not serious!
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Enice(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2012
This is democracy for you. When the NASS budgeted 150 billion as expenditure for themselves, nobody shouted. Now that the NASS is spending that money on themselves, people are shouting blue murder! Someone even accused GEJ as responsible. Point to note. GEJ has no constitutional powers to interfere in the affairs/expenditure of the NASS. Even if they like, they can buy jets for themselves so long as they don't exceed their budget allocation. So leave my beloveth president out of this brohaha.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by vanstanzy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
Nigerians should walk barefoot to Katsina State,weep bitterly and beg Muhammadu Buhari to contest in 2015 and become president.he is the only hope Nigerians can depend on to clean and revive the system and the entire country.otherwise if you continue voting on ethnic and religious lines,you will have thieves in government blessed by thieves in churches who themselves have private jets.Nigeria needs a strong man who is straightforward and honest without a "pot belly".

@onyocha

We need a strongman who is straightforward and honest without a "pot belly", YES. But is Buhari the answer, weeeeelll i dont think so, infact NO. If am not convinced, then my vote aint convinced.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Arosa(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2012
queensmith:

lmao! you are soo not serious!

LOL, forget about the joke, I support your idea 100%
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by vanstanzy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
fayawo:

[size=16pt]Why the noise Nigerians!!

We deserve the president we get.

We looked at CORRUPTION in the eyes (PDP) and we embraced it with all our heart.

We laughed while Buhari Wept

Nigeria will live with this STIGMA(PDP) until they wake up from their slumber.

WAITING FOR THE NEXT ELECTION, I WONT BE SURPRISED NAIJA WILL REPEAT THEIR FOLLY AGAIN
GOODLUCK[/size]

@fayawo
Truly speaking i fear for the vote of most Nigerians in the 2015 general elections. Because we all know how G.UL.LI.BLE. our masses are. Their votes (I DREAD SAYING THIS) might still be in favour of GEJ and the forty thieves making up PDP. angry angry angry angry
Let the ACN, APGA, CPC and Co rise up to the challenge or is the PDP using voodoo to hold them down? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Arosa(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2012
vanstanzy:

@fayawo
Truly speaking i fear for the vote of most Nigerians in the 2015 general elections. Because we all know how G.UL.LI.BLE. our masses are. Their votes (I DREAD SAYING THIS) might still be in favour of GEJ and the forty thieves making up PDP. angry angry angry angry
Let the[b] ACN, APGA, CPC and Co[/b] rise up to the challenge or is the PDP using voodoo to hold them down? shocked shocked shocked

Why don't this parties form a coalition now before 2015.  undecided
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by beblessed(f): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2012
Is this real. Then there something wrong wit us! Even d buses they promised d masses, they hv nt delivered oh! Who will rescue this nation
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by amirize(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
Please advice
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by merengue: 9:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
I hope all you political party sympathizers (PDP, ACN, APGA, CPC) and tribal buffoons (Biafra, O'dua, Arewa, Ijaw and co) can see who your real enemies are. I have said it before and I will say it again; If Nigeria likes, let it divide into 100 countries, the evils will still follow us to those new countries.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
presido1: I laugh " In taking back our country and revolution"

Hard truth/fact: Nigerians missed the opportunity some 40 yrs ago. And the opportunity might not come again for most of us here to witness. Let us live with it.

Thanks Seun for creating this forum for us to keep on denying the opportunity missed.

Let Jona and his boys/guys do what ever they wish with our collective "one Nigeria" wealth some of our fathers gave them the platform to r*pe us while we fight ourselves.

Sai "One Nigeria"

Sure, whatever you say, boss.

As I remember, earlier this year there was a golden opportunity to rid the country of the corrupt elite through the power of civil protest, but one section of the country decided to frustrate everyone else's efforts because, as usual, no criminals come from their area... just others'!

Man, yall should get your acts together.
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by mikolo80: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2012
Nashville: Truth is the Senators are a reflection of our society. Most people on Nairaland do the same (on a smaller scale) at their places of work. You are all complaining but truth is that most of you are wishing you were Senators so that your can partake of the stealing. If you can say in your heart that you will not reject such a gift if you were a Senator, then you do not have a right to complain.

And for those tribalists on Nairaland claiming Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa blah, blah, blah. Well all the Senators from all the States collected these Prados and you did not get any.
ABEG TELL THEM O
Re: Nigeria's Senators Receive N1.3billion New Cars by obagangan: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
my ppl, we need to start stoning dis ppl when we see them on the street, and 4 this kind of tin ot continue eletn can never b free and fair, pls am tired lets hav platform that will not only talk but will show action, so dat they will no how seriouse we are!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rice Distribution: Don’t Undermine Humanitarian Efforts, Tinubu Warns Politician / Gej To Address The Nation By 9pm / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.