Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,024 members, 7,949,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? (1874 Views)

ADVICE On The Best Gift To Give An EX On Her Wedding. / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? / (ladies Only) Is It Right For Your Boyfriend To Take You To An Hotel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by fasa2020(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
Thinks this is my very first time sharing personal issue here so i'd like a candid and matured response from the house. We started dating while in 100level in school and it turns to something bigger when we got to 300level in that 99.5% of my relatives and colleagues know about her as she do come to my house often and to my family house during festive period. In one word, everyone believed i'd gotten my Mrs. Right,

Everything then changes as we got to the final year. She'd already told me that my religion isn't barrier as she's ready to join my way. But suddenly she told me he'd love to join but her distant relatives (not even her mum) said no and there is nothing she could do to against them.

I pleaded with her to put everything unto the Lord's possession that we'll surely overcome that, of which she agreed (or maybe she pretended). So, we continue the affairs which at that time got more publicity than before.

She was with me one day while driving back from the campus when she told me she can't continue again due to that religion barrier! I thought it was a joke but that day marked the day our affairs got buried. This happened last year Eleven-Eleven-2011. (Bad day indeed, but i do here from people that eleven connotes Elevation)

To my greatest surprise, i received her txt msgs two or three weeks ago telling me about her wedding, first counted as another joke coz she's a jovial someone. But confirmed this when i got to my mail and met the Invitation Card live and direct with someone she'd once told me she could never date. . .

Great N'lers, i wish to attend the party (though not really, or lemme say 55% of me want to go) so as to prove that am matured and i dont give a damn about her attitude but how do i tell people around me that am going to her wedding ? No one actually known we'd break-up, If i tell maybe one or two of my friends now, will they follow me ? Wont they feels like my other 45% body ?

And more importantly, if i must go, Is it polite to go with my new love ?

If you advice me to attend, what kind of gift is okay for her such ?

What would be her thoughts if she sees me around on that day especially at the time when those rhetorical marriage questions is being asked from attendees ?

If you advice me not to attend, Should i tell people around me later that am not aware of the wedding if by any means they got to know ?

Please and please, while replying, no insulting words on her as this may cause some inner probs for her if she comes across this page before the day or probably sees me later . . . I need advice only !
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Exponental(m): 7:26pm On Mar 13, 2012
See lover boy, peleeee!
Well, since she invited u, go, get her any household item as gift, n since ur new catch is available, though she might nt want to, but ask her 2 follow u. But be sure u are man enough 2 handle ur emotions.
Whenever any1 wants 2 know, just tell them, "due 2 unreconcilable differences, we agreed 2 break up". QED
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by fasa2020(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^^ tks, point noted ! "We agreed to break up"
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
going there doesn't really mean anything,cos thats gonna make her think you've moved on,and it'll be wiser if you go there with your NFL. nothin do you jor,bone the babe,and let you new found romance steer your path for you. as for wedding gift,you could get her some glass wares
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2012
and btw,are we supposed to marry everybody we date?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by kelz88(f): 1:08am On Mar 14, 2012
Dayummmm!! She moved on fast. :O I wouldn't advice you to go. . . . Unless you guys remained friends after the break up. You don't have to tell people your business but if you have to then be honest about it.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by 195(f): 5:52am On Mar 14, 2012
Hisses

Go there with your NFL and ensure you both old new AK 47s
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by feminineA: 8:56am On Mar 14, 2012
There is no big deal let bygone be bygone. Go with your new girlfriend and make sure she's well dress and looking gorgeous. Tell friends around. There is no need to be ashamed she is the loser. If they ask why you are going tell them to wish her the best no strings attached. Forgive her n move on. Make sure you don't transfer your pain on the previous relationship to the new one and for the gift you can buy a rice cooker or something not more then 10k wrap well, put your name and your girlfriends name. At least with all this you have fulfilled all righteousness
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Pacee: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2012
Pls go.4give her.at least she saved u d pains of divorce after marriage.or living wt u bt loving smone else.a broken courtship is beta dan a broken love.buy her ds gas cooker of 5k(tec) dt doesnt use matches.write ur name.wen eva she uses it,she ll remember u.move on.be hapi.find love
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Pacee: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2012
Pls go.4give her.at least she saved u d pains of divorce after marriage.or living wt u bt loving smone else.a broken courtship is beta dan a broken love.buy her ds gas cooker of 5k(tec) dt doesnt use matches.write ur name.wen eva she uses it,she ll remember u.move on.be hapi.find love
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Bisjosh(f): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by kpolli(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2012
In less than 6 months, she got a new guy and getting married. . . don't be foolish, she has been playing you. . . do not go
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Teecoal: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2012
AN ADVICE..DNT GO.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by sharpman1(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2012
kpolli: In less than 6 months, she got a new guy and getting married. . . don't be foolish, she has been playing you. . . do not go

@ Kpolli,

I absolutely agree with you. In less than six months, she's got a guy and she is getting married? Na wah for babes o. I had the same experience. She pretended like she wanted a mutual breakup, because of religious issues, meanwhile she had a backup. Within weeks she was already wearing his ring. She come invite me for wedding. Wetin i dey find? i simply wished her well...........

OP,

Why do you want to go? Just forget the two timing babe and move on. Wetin you dey find for the wedding? Do not go.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by kpolli(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2012
sharp man:

@ Kpolli,

I absolutely agree with you. In less than six months, she's got a guy and she is getting married? Na wah for babes o. I had the same experience. She pretended like she wanted a mutual breakup, because of religious issues, meanwhile she had a backup. Within weeks she was already wearing his ring. She come invite me for wedding. Wetin i dey find? i simply wished her well...........

OP,

Why do you want to go? Just forget the two timing babe and move on. Wetin you dey find for the wedding? Do not go.

I cursed myself by replying this thread. . . Same thing just happened to me some days ago
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by pwuty(f): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2012
In less than 6 months, she got a new guy and getting married. . . don't be foolish, she has been playing you. . . do not go...don't 4get d OP also has got a new gf in less dan 6months.@ OP,u can go only if u hv gotten ova her if not u beta sit ur butt down in ur house
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by geewhite(f): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2012
I encourage u to go and let her see u hv 4given her and even moved on in life. It also shows how matured u are. It happened to me and up till nw we are stll best of friends.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by dabrake(m): 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
pwuty: girl's case :In less than 6 months, she got a new guy and getting married. . . don't be foolish, she has been playing you. . . do not go...don't 4get guy's case : d OP also has got a new gf in less dan 6months.@ OP,u can go only if u hv gotten ova her if not u beta sit ur butt down in ur house
at least, you can now spot the huge difference.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
OP, this is not about maturity. for me, she had a back-up and been playing you all these while.

For her sending you Invitation, just to let you know that she is taken, inside her mind she fit dey pray make you no come because you go make her uncomfortable.

Relax, go on with your new relationship. She will survive.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by 1luvkipsus: 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
U can go;since she‘s inviting u...if u guys have been frnds since d break-up....&if u re not angry with her...BUT dont go;If the would-be husband knows u as d ex....if u guys have not been talking since d break-up & ultimately,if a larger part of u does not want u to go.gudluck!
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by luckgames(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
"And more importantly, if i must go, Is it polite to go with my new love ?"
Hell YES
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by pwuty(f): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
dabrake: at least, you can now spot the huge difference.

No difference, d fact is dat both of dem hv moved on, weda dey hv gotten ova each oda is another thing... For all u know,d gal might still b in2 d guy buh just needed 2 get married.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by dabrake(m): 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
pwuty:

No difference, d fact is dat both of dem hv moved on, weda dey hv gotten ova each oda is another thing... For all u know,d gal might still b in2 d guy buh just needed 2 get married.
the difference is that the girl was double dating. She was cheating on the guy. The guy got his new girl after the break up whereas, the girl got her "new guy" while they were still dating.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by pwuty(f): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
dabrake: the difference is that the girl was double dating. She was cheating on the guy. The guy got his new girl after the break up whereas, the girl got her "new guy" while they were still dating.

Now u r beginin 2 sound lyk u were actualy there wen all these hapened. D gal may hv been double dating quite alryt or it cud be dat she sed 'yes' 2 dat guy n den broke up wit d boyfriend-OP. So u c,we don't knw which n datz y u shudnt conclude.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by yuzedo: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
As long as you nacked her akpako while u guys were dating, go! grin
When the wedding ceremony dey go on, just dey wink give the babe, make she remember say na u get dat to.to b4 b4! wink angry
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by captainjacksparrow(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
I would love to comment....
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by queensmith: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
if i were you i wouldnt go, you can tell people you werent feeling well or that you didnt think it was right to be there.
What will you go as? There's no section for lovers and ex boyfriends at weddings, your not really her friend and your relationship still needs closure which she never gave you.
I will advise you against going and use that as a way to move forward with your own life. Cut off communication with her and start anew.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? by AfroBlue(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Op, ..... don't attend but send them a fine gift. it will have a strong effect on her heart for you! be the big man and let her know that that love that you shared was and still is real!

(1) (Reply)

Relationships Wit Ex / Ladies Which Among These Categories Of Guys Will U Choose? / Ladies: How To Get The Man U Want To Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.