Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,936 members, 7,935,974 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:19 PM

Oh ! I Miss My Naija - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Oh ! I Miss My Naija (16707 Views)

My Face When I Miss The Presidential Chat / I Love My Naija / I Miss My My Noble Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bittyend(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
axeman10: Hmmmm...those days when you talk about militants/terrorists you think only of 'Fadeyi Oloro' (not MEND, BH or Alqaeda)...and 'Abija' was our 'Jack Bauer.'

Those days of LWT - Lagos Weekend Television...still remember the jazz/instrumental they play

Those days of East Coast vs West Coast..days when lumber-jacks and tommy shirts were the bomb

Days when 'kid n play', sister act, the cosby show, fresh prince, coming to america...were some of d funniest foreign comedy...

lumber-jacks grin grin grin grin I also remember the Moschino and Versace shirts, Polos with horse - and TIMBERLANDS was the ish in naija. The club then was O'Jez night club near Unilag second gate - heck, I was a teenager back then but I used to jam there. And probably 11:45 nite club on the Island. I grew up too fast in Naija - I wasn't even 15years old these times grin grin grin grin grin Parents were in the UK, and I was a boarding student cool

Any old Igbobian in the house, hit me up. Freeman house captain, that's me. I played cricket and basketball for the school.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by brooty: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
i miss the days of twin bread you get for just five naira,when u hear silly stories about eating mango and then drink garri you die, climbing trees to pluck coconut,mango,getting Chase by the owner of the tree,i miss the days of (wording)telling jokes on each other what we now call ur mama
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by uche13: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
Days of watching Cadbury breakfast telly, rags to riches, super ted, jumbo, Muppet babies, penguins, fraddie rock, voltron, captain planet, kiddie-vision 101,Rent-a-ghost, children variety, children debate, speak out, Alice in wonder land, little mermaid, pocchahontas, Rapunzel, swan princess, Anasthesia.
Watching scary films like witch doctor of the living dead, ultimate power (ayamatanga) ,rich also cry, no one but you, wild rose, bold and beautiful , fortunes, check-mate, behind the clouds, tales by moon light, story-land, kids praise 1-5, donughnut man, sing a-long express etc.
Enjoying walls ice-cream, orange drink ice-cream, tasty time ice-cream, Supreme ice-cream, coconut chip, uncle soyo, condense ice-cream, go-go, m&k, baba dudu, kokoro, hausa groundnut,one licki-licki they put inside broom, one other sweet that has different colours and dissolves in the mouth, sun-top, nasco wafers, pepper biscuit, goody-goody, even using your offering money to buy these delicacies.
Coming to school early to shout first mother to play ten-ten, suwe, tinko-tinko, fire on t he mountain, who is in the garden, when will you marry(with skipping rope), seeing a boys shirt without a single button all because of table soccer (at times my brothers would sincerely be begging me for my button). Playing hand games like X &O, what did I write, one game that we arrange alphabets with column for name, place, animal, things etc
Reading books such as Eze goes to school, drummer boy, the village head master, without a silver spoon, second chance (the twins) time changes yesterday (Enitan and joy) , concubine, arrow of God (all the African writer series books), pace setters, Enid Blyton’s books (Malory Towers, st claires, Famous Five etc)reading Binta magazine, hints and hearts, m&b( you must hide it in the middle of your books so you won’t be caught),
Adverts we learn and sign along with like bacco super-sack (bacco super sack n aim we want) , breeze soap (breeze breeze breeze the family soap that lasts and lasts and lasts), planta(children its breakfast time), Nescao(get up, get up, its Nescao time), Limca the zinc drink, coca-cola (we are the children of the world, we are the hope of the nation…), parle soda (parle soda is my kind of drink), Tandi Gurana, choco-milo, vicks lemon plus (five drops a day keeps the cold away), malta guiness (you wake up in the morning sun……. malta guiness gonna make your day), Milo(kpa kpa kpa kpa milo), Omo super blue omo washes …., Ecobank (the bank for quality banking….), First bank at 100 etc

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by juman(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
richesmine: days wen super sunday used to be from "'fe yi ko'gbon" to "gboro mi ro" to speedy racer, tales by moonlight, aluwe n co. to behind d cloud.

Hmm, fe yi ko'gbon of NTA Ibadan.

C.ock crow at dawn.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by prettiest1(f): 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
The days when bathing with rain water when it's raining,
The days when an orange seed is mistakenly swallowed and u'll be told that the orange tree will grow out from ur head,
The days when u'll be school refusing to go home cos u didn't take first position,
The days of sand rice,

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by KayDee4: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
bittyend:

Osei Yaw Ababio was the shyte, I read that Chemistry book from the beginning to the end twice - and made my own personal copy. I had to do that because my Chemistry teacher said he was gonna make sure I repeat the class, if I don't get above 70% in chemistry. Someone in my class must have snitched to him - that he sees me at Yaba everyday running after chics from all the girls school - and Yaba was the place to be, back in the day. Yaba, the home of all the girls school - with beautiful girls everywhere. grin grin Periodic table, gas laws, molecular formula, organic and inorganic gases etc..

PN Okeke - that was the big physics textbook - I read that from front to the back as well. Heck, I had to cram all the gas laws, Avogadro's hypothesis ( still remember: equal volume of all the gases at the same temperature and pressure, contains the same numbers of molecules grin), laws of friction, laws of gravity etc.

Abbott - It seems Abbott is a British chemistry textbook, can't really remember now.

Ugo C Ugo - I can't remember this - but it seems it is the mathematics textbook.

Anyakoha - The name is familiar but can't really remember it.

Ugo C Ugo , He He He,

How about 'Odiaka' the fat brown book for Common entrance and G-2 exams ?

'Abbott' is a physics txt book, with 'PN Okeke' and 'Awe'

Chemistry txt books : Ababio; Holderness and Lambert; Bajah

Yaba boy !!! cheesy. I must know your face from around the way. cheesy cheesy

Just remembered Sunday Rendezvous, the limca sponsored program where people come together to dance every Sunday on TV and in the end, there's a competition for who can finish a bottle of limca fastest. Goshhh, That was in the 80s men. cheesy cheesy
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by chikj: 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
D days when we used 2 watch tele through our neigbours window
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by jbrodaly(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
I remember the days of malta advert "Ole ole catch am am catch am"
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by juman(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
Agba orodun of NTA Ibadan.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by odumchi: 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
The days when Awilo longomba was popular
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Big2bore(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
Guys, you have mead my day. I love This
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by prettyboi1(m): 12:03am On Mar 22, 2012
Man I sooo love this thread. Believe me,growing up in Nigeria was really fun & even if I could trade the memories,I wouldn't. I was also born in 1988 in benin,Edo state, I'm an Idoma dude from benue state originally. Moved to Ibadan in 1994,I basically grew up in Ibadan but I travelled a lot to many many states for visits etc.. I miss a lot of things man. Here are some though:
* Waking up very early every saturday morning to watch cadbury breakfast television with cartoons & sit-com's.
* That particular Mirinda advert with "the orange men"
* waiting for nta to start broadcasting by 4pm after watching those rainbow coloured stripes on tv for several hours.
* late night movies on local tv stations.
* taking meals to our Muslim friends during Easter & Christmas & also having them bring us meals & loaddddzzz of meat during sallah.
* playing games like "mummy & daddy," "police & thief," "ice & water," "middle man (football)," "when will you marry? (skipping)".
* those crazy songs we used to sing as kids eg "janki doo doo went to town," "u dey craze,u dey mad,u dey gbongbolo cigar,u go marry opolo,opolo go give you belle" etc.
* those days when my mom & about 3 of her friends all took turns to take us & their kids to school.
* travelling across/to several states in all regions of beloved Nigeria
* extra lessons after primary school classes, also Saturday morning lessons in school.
* headmasters & teachers inspecting your hygiene ethics on school assembly grounds.
* Practicing for children's section choir every saturday evening.
* deceiving myself that I had a crush even when I was just in primary school.
* cartoons like voltron, biker-mice, rug rats, & oh yes PINKY & THE BRAIN.
* people in the neighbourhood begging me to let them ride my bike & me jobbing them wella.
* those birthday parties with those "party rice".....yum yum.
* P.E. days in primary school...these were probably my best days.
* buying candy locally called "baba dudu" & also "go-go", & " m & m" etc
* the low inflation we had at that time in the country....buying fanta chapman for just N7,buying bread for N5, buying sweets for N1 etc
* MOST OF ALL,PEACE,PEACE,PEACE & VERY RELATIVE TOLERANCE.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by hommer(f): 12:42am On Mar 22, 2012
How can I ever forget the days of Checkmate, supple blues,Ripples The Rich also cry, Tales by Moonlight,Another Life, Cosby Show, Good Times, Sanford and Son, The jefferson,WWF Wrestling Match,. I rembember saturday movies on TV like Commando, Delta Force and INDIAN MOVIES LIKE KARATE. There are some many memories which I still share with my friends till today
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by geeony: 2:02am On Mar 22, 2012
remember d days wen kids played football IN THE STREETS and grown ups would come watch
days wen ur neighbour's room belonged to you n kids played 2geda
days when mama julie sold akara for a kobo
days wen u had to pay 50kobo for a bicycle ride
days wen we all wanted to be a boy scout
really miss them days.... awesome thread
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 22, 2012
I don't actually know. Maybe arrogance.Maybe!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Pororo(f): 6:45am On Mar 22, 2012
I love this thread! grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 7:26am On Mar 22, 2012
denzel2009:

duh, were you born when girls were wearing pata olokun(pants with rope)?
days of checkmate
days when vhs players were heavier than lcd tvs
days when tv stations close down at 12am
Ofcourse i was born way before then,you think cos i borrow some of the new words kids nowadays use means i'm new generation?duh na we run things back then.wink

Omo y'all are talking of the days you missed,let me talk of the ones i don't miss.

*I don't miss the days my dad would wake us up to treat our 4k up by 3 am.sad
*I don't miss the days of "pick pin or Sit on the wall" punishment(chei my mother knew those were the worst things you could do to me back then and she showed me pepper with them)
*The days she'll tell me to kneel down,hands up,close my eyes while holding up almost 10 litres of water with her shouting every minute"If that gallon falls eh you are dead today,c'mon keep your hands straight" that woman eh kai grin.
*The days when i was being forced to eat with a cane at my back,imagine eating and crying especially beans.undecided
*The days my brother used to wee in our bathe water claiming he wanted to make it hotter ah that boy,thank God for his life now grin.
*The days my elder sister used to rat us out to our mother if we 4ked up in her(mum's) absence,the consequence is usually all of us having to pick" pin" our amebo elder sister included yet she never stops doing amebo to mumsy.smiley
*The days of going to vigils with the whole family and not allowed to sleep before its over as mum would literally turn to our shadows tapping us every second saying"Resist the devil,he wants to steal your blessings"shocked,kai malee cheesy

These were some of my dreaded days but hey saying i don't kinda miss them is a lie cheesy grin grin.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Zenanted(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2012
The days of saturday WWF wrestling and saturday james bond 007 movies Aired by NTA
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Aparche(f): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2012
Awww...I miss the excitement of watching the Telematch show every saturday evening.
- The numerous nights we will be fighting sleep just b'cos we want to watch "Last Film".
- The days when we will be running around our compd with "guns" (fabricated from sticks)fighting "war"
- The times we climbed orange trees with knives; practicing lick as u peel.
- I miss those days when I used to eat eba from the same plate with my siblings & my mom will be supervising us like mother hen,
Afterwards we will all share one piece of meat.
- Infact I miss a lot of things.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 22, 2012
What about d days of of green-sandy d days we were giving transport we spend d money n treak al d way d days wil steal 10k dig ground n hid it there goin 2 school bear footed when others wears Look sanders(basket) drinkin pap without no sugar wearing low cut hair 2 school drinking left over drink by visitors etc
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Jemibee: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2012
D days of Tandi Goranda, Limca, Gold Spot, Mirinda, Pepsi, Fanta Chapman, Fanta Lemon...
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by stepo707: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2012
Great thread.I miss those periods of playing in the rain naked with some hot chiks cheesy,miss the days when Tandi,goldspot,limca were the bomb.
I remember when we use to play police and theif during break and table soccer also.I remember when we use to play suwe,tinko tinko etc.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bocin500(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2012
...reading...tears roll down my eyes...miss those good old days..
baba dudu,
kokoro,
asaro (yam porridge)
liki liki,
vita malt,
pilolo pilolo(hide and seek for festac children),
six-man-court,
traveling from lag to the village for xmas,
lcking condense(ice cream for our mind)
taking a ride with pupsie,
fido dido
isaura
secrets of the sand(ruth, rachel,Mr. vergilio,anthonio da lua, etc)
parents competing in their children's inter-house sports (abgaya dem) and still hustling to win prizes,
wahl's icecream,
maggi kitchen,
boring news week on mondays,
timberland and baggy jeans..
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by oiseworld: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
ohhhhh! The days of "joe 90" l love the song
days of danger mounce. I hate the repetition in that cartoon
days of one fat british commedian.
Days of "charlie charlie" charles chaplin"
frank spencer

christmas days where we all sew the same cloth.
Days wen aboki soilder drives urs home in one military land rover and jumps over the two lanes. Lol! Never goes to make a u turn.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by oiseworld: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2012
baba aluwe red cow.
Wen nigerian air ways serves you puff puff and bongo tea. Lol!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Ninapha(f): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2012
Days of swimming in the village stream.
Time of the young shall grow, ekele diri chukwu and ifesinachi buses
Time of onye eleanya n'azu. Muo Nwanyi n'abia n'azu
Time akpola shoes and fela trouser
Time of taking pictures new flowers and walls grin grin grin grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by timpaker(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2012
uche13: Days of watching Cadbury breakfast telly, rags to riches, super ted, jumbo, Muppet babies, penguins, fraddie rock, voltron, captain
Watching scary films like witch doctor of the living dead, ultimate power (ayamatanga) ,rich also cry, no one but you, wild rose, bold and beautiful , fortunes, check-mate, behind the clouds, tales by moon light, story-land, kids praise 1-5, donughnut man, sing a-long express etc.

the highlighted:
Story land.....hmmmm... i so much love that programme...i remember how my peeps made me forget the lyrics of the song with dia gangster tune that goes like this...''story land, story land, ojo meji lo ma ku...story land, story land bring ur friends along''...
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by StellaBella(f): 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
Baffing in the rain
kristmas in the village
Mama put
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by addey(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Those days of Dr who
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
The days of 'ice, smoke, ice, pinn... TELEMATCH kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

The days of serial A of Batistuta and vieri.

The days of "rain rain,go away, come again another day if u know u want to rain"

The days of "some have food, but can no eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat, glory be to thee o Lord"

The days of Clapper board

The days of Denis and that yeye dog of his lol..

The days of all neighbors sleeping outside till 1am in the morning due to lack of power.

Oh oh oh, those days when we get to keep our spoons few days to christmax and new-year.

Oh.. cry sad
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by addey(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
Days of DR who, De Invisible MAN
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by mohid(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2012
-the days we watched Indian films without subtitles and we still understood what they were saying and cried.
-the days of chinese films and the drums in the back ground,
-the days of Ninja films and we tore our shirts and tied our faces after too.
-days of "Commando" and how we painted our face with charcoal and filled our pockets with "guns" too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Don't Lauf / Only Geniuses Will Crack This! / How To Be A Weird Nigerian In 10 Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.