Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,987 members, 7,931,392 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:34 AM

Oh ! I Miss My Naija - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Oh ! I Miss My Naija (16703 Views)

My Face When I Miss The Presidential Chat / I Love My Naija / I Miss My My Noble Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by cantell(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2012
denzel2009: the days you wrap your new text books with brown paper and never bother to open them again.
the days when lennards and bata shoes are the swag
the days when you fear your teachers more than your parents
the days when punishment has meaning like stood down
the days when your compare marks of beatings on your bodies with friends.
O boy see as you dey relive my childhood.
I had to remove public trans from ur quote, na leg i take waka. I dey chop the trans money for "break period"lol
@topic,
I remember -
The days when we use day by day reader(obi big shoe)
Still remember using slate in school. At the end of the school day, we eat up the chalk we use in writing.grin
Remember our old black & white tv without remote.
Never needed the remote though, cos it was just 2 channels only.lol
I still Remember the days when we play brick game cos it was the best.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by cantell(m): 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
denzel2009: the days you wrap your new text books with brown paper and never bother to open them again.
the days when lennards and bata shoes are the swag
the days when you fear your teachers more than your parents
the days when punishment has meaning like stood down
the days when your compare marks of beatings on your bodies with friends.
O boy see as you dey relive my childhood.
I had to remove public trans from ur quote, na leg i take waka. I dey chop the trans money for "break period"lol
@topic,
I remember -
The days when we use day by day reader(obi big shoe)
Still remember using slate in school. At the end of the school day, we eat up the chalk we use in writing.grin
Remember our old black & white tv without remote.
Never needed the remote though, cos it was just 2 channels only.lol
I still Remember the days when we play brick game cos it was the best.
the days when we watch indian films like Sunita(vada raha) mard, toofan, jamuna(ghazab)etc
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by denzel2009: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^You forgot the part where you have to switch the tv on at around 1pm, if you want to watch a programme around 7pm. It takes 8hrs to show shaky pictures.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by annawhite(f): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
this thread makes me wanna cry!
*back then eating a whole egg was a taboo,i was made to believe that i'll grow up to be an armed robber.

*during xmas,d tailor wld used the same material to make cloth for my siblings and i,

*back then lucozade boost n ribena were only taken on sick bed

*how can i forget that sweet drink TREETOP and DR PEPPER!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by BUSHMAN1: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the days of NIDO POWDERD MILK,TREBOR SWEET,SUGAR CANE, KWULI-KWULI,BASI&CO and JERRY CURL and BAGGY TROUSERS
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by annawhite(f): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the days of NIDO POWDERD MILK,TREBOR SWEET,SUGAR CANE, KWULI-KWULI,BASI&CO and JERRY CURL and BAGGY TROUSERS
speaking of jerri curl,any girl ever had a homemade jeri curl by mom. . .my mom wld pass a hot comb through my hair
mehn i misd dose days
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Innunique: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
I missed my long kokoro and kwili-kwili
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by swtdarling(f): 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
cheesy cant forget muppet babies,godzilla,ghost busters.etc.also dis yoruba advert: laide o tiwa ni pafume jelly tiwa ni.and of course rent a ghost grin

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by loveheaven(f): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
Oh I love this thread.

I remember the days of Jimbo Jimbo ooooooooo.
The days of Sesame Street, Rambo and Kunta kunti.

brb.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Leffe2010: 12:27am On Mar 23, 2012
remember those days i roll my tire for a car
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 23, 2012
bittyend: Osei Yaw Ababio was the shyte, I read that Chemistry book from the beginning to the end twice - and made my own personal copy. I had to do that because my Chemistry teacher said he was gonna make sure I repeat the class, if I don't get above 70% in chemistry. Someone in my class must have snitched to him - that he sees me at Yaba everyday running after chics from all the girls school - and Yaba was the place to be, back in the day. Yaba, the home of all the girls school - with beautiful girls everywhere. Periodic table, gas laws, molecular formula, organic and inorganic gases etc..

PN Okeke - that was the big physics textbook - I read that from front to the back as well. Heck, I had to cram all the gas laws, Avogadro's hypothesis ( still remember: equal volume of all the gases at the same temperature and pressure, contains the same numbers of molecules ), laws of friction, laws of gravity etc.

Abbott - It seems Abbott is a British chemistry textbook, can't really remember now.

Ugo C Ugo - I can't remember this - but it seems it is the mathematics textbook.

Anyakoha - The name is familiar but can't really remember it.

Anyakoha is the author of New School Physics. Abbott is a British Physics textbook.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 23, 2012
I remember rocking all those colourful Boy Alinco kinda glasses. The ones with the transparent lenses beneath the dark ones.

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by BUSHMAN1: 7:25am On Mar 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dremember? patty boulaye the lux soap advert girl,joy soap girl,cabin buiscuit and maltina drink.music by OLIVER DE COQUE,SIR WARRIOR and ORIENTAL BROTHERS,what happened to this musicians?and BABA SALA and the UBA advert,(wise men bank with UBA)i remember back then my mum friend had a baby and we were given DUSTIN POWDER to rub on our belly and neck to celebrate the new born baby
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by BUSHMAN1: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2012
PLEASE POST MORE PHOTOS OF THOSE DAYS PLEASE! i want to show it to my son, i dont have any photos because camera in those days was a luxury, only for rich people, my folks could not afford it(crying) so i dont have any childhood photos (nawadays every mobile phone has got a camera) more photos of those days will make my day thanks guys
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Sommy4u(f): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2012
the days of kito sandals, and d days wen eleganza biro was s best

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2012
BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the days of NIDO POWDERD MILK,TREBOR SWEET,SUGAR CANE, KWULI-KWULI,BASI&CO and JERRY CURL and BAGGY TROUSERS
Chei how can i forget NIDO OR LADHA POWERED MILK?I used to scoop a large portion of it into a nylon bag and hide it to be licking it gradually,as i dey scoop na so my siblings dey scoop their own too,my mum was always complaining that the thing dey finish quick for house sotey she almost stopped buying it,at times if i lick am finish na so i go purge tire,thank God i was never caught o.grin grin grin.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2012
But Papa Ajasco is not old now? i thought this thread is about "back in the days"? they still show baba Ajasco and i dont even think it's more than 5 years old.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by freecocoa(f): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2012
BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dremember? patty boulaye the lux soap advert girl,joy soap girl,cabin buiscuit and maltina drink.music by OLIVER DE COQUE,SIR WARRIOR and ORIENTAL BROTHERS,what happened to this musicians?and BABA SALA and the UBA advert,(wise men bank with UBA)i remember back then my mum friend had a baby and we were given DUSTIN POWDER to rub on our belly and neck to celebrate the new born baby
You dey this world so shocked?Oliver and Sir warrior are dead na,the remaining oriental brothers still sing but wizkid and co don pursue dem enter house cheesy plus old age is telling on them.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by olatufu(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2012
i usd to ride my own car witout cooling systm usin a flat wood with agolo milk as d tyres, kite nkor, family com games mario and contra. Tears in my eyes!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by olatufu(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2012
my school uni4m bottons were replacd evryday by my mum. Y? Table soccer. My biro cover was my best friend.my school desk was our maracana stadium. I mis doctor who, robin hood. I tel kids of nowadays dy ain't enjoyin anytin despite d civilizatn.stil tears in my eyes!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by dapz: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Who remembers the days of Dr Who, or the days of Famous Five, 'm not yet talking of sesame street, neither talking of terahaux.

Do you remember the days of Yeri nbeto, (Volkwagen taxi) and Datsun 120y?

Do you remember those days of Amtab?

The days of Hulk Hogan and Andrew the giant?

I remember dem dayz where my school bag was a plastic box with an handle and click locks
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by BUSHMAN1: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2012
freecocoa: You dey this world so shocked?Oliver and Sir warrior are dead na,the remaining oriental brothers still sing but wizkid and co don pursue dem enter house cheesy plus old age is telling on them.
i dey this world, its just that i live in london i ve been living london for the past 20 years so some of the happenings in naija i dont know, though i go home to naija aleast 3 times a year but i still dont have any clue
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Moyola(f): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
Looool @ replyz

dapz: I remember dem dayz where my school bag was a plastic box with an handle and click locks
Yep! cool

...n i stil' get told to "Go n stooddown! cry
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by annawhite(f): 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
playing hide and seek under the moonlight,if you are unlucky to hide with a naughty boy,he wud want to finger u
*chei guys wil always be guys*
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by honeymix77(m): 12:29am On Mar 24, 2012
@honeric01 papa ajasco is quite old if think they started with cartoon magazine it was during the time of dauda the sexy guy.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by honeymix77(m): 12:41am On Mar 24, 2012
u guys have said it all. well i remember when u had to put ur arm across ur head if it touches ur if it doesnt u will not start school. 50k coin is enough for the whole day. lacormbe was the best for maths. the only time u get to watch tv early in the morning was when a army general is reading the budget on the 1st (fellow nigeria).
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by honeric01(m): 5:37am On Mar 24, 2012
honeymix77: @honeric01 papa ajasco is quite old if think they started with cartoon magazine it was during the time of dauda the sexy guy.

but Dauda the sexy guy is different from PAPA Ajasco, No?
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by EfemenaXY: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2012
BUSH MAN: PLEASE POST MORE PHOTOS OF THOSE DAYS PLEASE! i want to show it to my son, i dont have any photos because camera in those days was a luxury, only for rich people, my folks could not afford it(crying) so i dont have any childhood photos (nawadays every mobile phone has got a camera) more photos of those days will make my day thanks guys

I think I might be able to do one better than just post pics smiley

Try out this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXAqzCqFMY

and if it doesn't work, then type this in the youtube search bar: 1980's NTA COMMERCIALS

Enjoy! cheesy
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bright007(f): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
Frankly speaking/On å more serious note:Where is d joke in this thread?
After remembering the past poverty-stricken days,where did u put d joke?
Storms out of thread angrily!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by BUSHMAN1: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Efemena_xy:

I think I might be able to do one better than just post pics smiley

Try out this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXAqzCqFMY

and if it doesn't work, then type this in the youtube search bar: 1980's NTA COMMERCIALS

Enjoy! cheesy
brilliant thanks
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by youngchopper(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2012
booqee: Oh my gosh! Mcadem i really need to give u a kiss! Mmwah.....!
Dis is really lovely and great! Oh how i love dis memories!

Dani ensure dat mukina takes dis to d front page! smiley

>the days of M&K
The days of Crush(one of the best soft drinks then!
The days of pali soda
the days of baba dudu
the days of sisi pelebe!
shut up u ar a kid.Those aint memoriez.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Ozebs(m): 9:35am On Mar 25, 2012
Free downloads of naija mp3s,hourly updated at http://www.locowap.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Don't Lauf / Only Geniuses Will Crack This! / How To Be A Weird Nigerian In 10 Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.